Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #41  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdodd00View Post
So will someone please clarify? If I don't care about the "bleeding" (because I layer) can I use the 80lb. for both Copics and Prisma's/OMS? TIA!
Yes, it's the same smooth paper, just different weights. Your copics will bleed through the 80#, but not the 120#.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2009, 02:06 PM   #42  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellychickView Post
ahhh.... you got candy! mine didn't have any candy!
WHAT? They are all supposed to have candy. Make a note on your next order and we'll send you extra candy!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2009, 02:06 PM   #43  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUNNYDAYSView Post
Does it come in 12x12 size?
Not yet but possibly in the future.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina K. DesignsView Post
WHAT? They are all supposed to have candy. Make a note on your next order and we'll send you extra candy!
hehehe... you're to kind Gina!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love how Gina said..make a note on your NEXT order....what a hoot....I am going to have to order some more yummy paper soon. I have a drawer all labeled for Gina K papers and only pumpkin spice in there all lonely...lol
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2009, 12:39 PM   #46  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I love how Gina said..make a note on your NEXT order....what a hoot....I am going to have to order some more yummy paper soon. I have a drawer all labeled for Gina K papers and only pumpkin spice in there all lonely...lol
blessings.
You can't have that! Lonely paper is . . . just sad. LOL www.ginakdesigns.com . . . I'll help your pumpkin spice out! LOL

I just ordered my first order of GK paper and got the shipping notice that it's on its way! I have everything labeled and waiting (im)patiently for it! Going to have to start stalking. :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2009, 01:40 PM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Isnt their shipping just amazing? I wish Papertrey would ship as fast...I love their products but it always takes at least a week for me to get my stuff....
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2009, 06:16 PM   #48  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
Isnt their shipping just amazing? I wish Papertrey would ship as fast...I love their products but it always takes at least a week for me to get my stuff....
blessings.
Well, I live in Ohio so my PTI orders come in days as well. I can't complain! Actually just finished putting my new stamps in their cases last night.

I'm just TOO addicted!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2009, 07:43 PM   #49  
Crimping Master

Yes PTI seems slooow.... not even an acknowledgement of an order. GK super quick. I just love instant gratification! I know I will stick with GK. Great customer service!

BLOG : The Papercraft Place

You Tube: kelley3684
Guest Designer for "Midnight Madness"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #50  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm still (im)patiently waiting for my package to arrive! I was SO bummed not to find it on my porch when I got home from work yesterday--but really was counting on seeing it today. But, nope. :( Our mailing system is simply amazing! It can get a package from WI to NV in one day, but will take several days to get from WI to OH? Darn . . . guess I'll have to play with something else tonight instead of my GKD paper. *Sigh* (Or do laundry! NOT) LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2009, 06:10 PM   #51  
Polyshrink Goddess

How could you do this to me???? Now I HAVE to try it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sweet Gina...I got the White Luxury Cardstock yesterday...I love it...very very nice. I am going to pair it with Pumpking spice this weekend to make some cards...At least now my Gina K drawer has two colors in it...lol
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2009, 09:31 AM   #53  
Cardstock Collector

Thank You Gina K! Your paper is amazing, and so easy to color and shade with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #54  
Polyshrink Goddess

Woo Hoo! I just got home from a day with my bff and found a box on the front porch with some of the GKD Luxury Cardstock! I'm SO tired . . . but HAVE to go play! I can hardly wait!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 06:36 AM   #55  
Kookie Creator

Another totally satisfied user of Pure Lux. Seriously, that stuff is awesome. I don't even bother with the 80lb. It's all 120lb in my house. I always keep a full pack on hand. As soon as I open it, I order a new one. I love the thick, crisp feel to it. And it cuts/embosses like a dream with my nesties!

The ivory is a wonderful creamy tone that is simply gorgeous. Even the black is super fabulous. I love how you can stamp on it in white and it really holds the color tone. I thought it was just the PTI Fresh Snow pad, but it was a combination of the two that gave me wonderful rich crisp white on black cardstock!

I don't think I've ever done an order from Gina that didn't include some of this fabulous cardstock.

V
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 07:47 PM   #56  
Gabfest Goddess

Someone just sent me a PM about the black so I thought I would also answer the question here in case anyone else wanted to know.

The question was does the GKD black have a blue hue. The answer is no. It's pure black. In fact, when you bleach it, it will bleach up to a white-ish color- not blue at all. Just pure black.

Hope that helps in case anyone else wanted to know.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 08:57 AM   #57  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

You can use it however you want. I color on the 120lb because I cut and emboss with nestabilities. When you emboss 120lb cardstock, you get dramatic results with both nesties and the cuttlebug.

You can color on the 120lb and the color will not bleed through on our white. I love the 80lb for colored pencils and OMS. Because our card stock is smoother than most others with the exception of Stampin' Up, your pencils will blend much more smoothly.

Our 120lb card stock is the heaviest on the paper crafting market. I have all the other brands and our 120 feels much heavier and a million times smoother which makes for a beautiful card base.

But keep in mind that 110 and 120 lb card stock will ruin your punches over time. Many have complained that their punches have broken using the heavier card stocks available from many of the companies discussed here at SCS.

The 80lb card stock will NOT break your punches and will give you super clean edges for your punched pieces and your more delicate nestabilities cuts like the new fancy tags and pendant dies.

So will Nesties cut the 120 lb. pure luxury card stock? You said it will eventually ruin punches...can you be more specific about that? Can you explain the best uses for the different weights?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #58  
Pearl-ExPert

I like both quality and saving $$. So, I use the inexpensive Georgia Pacific white for layering, when no stamping is required. I have used SU's Whisper White as the only paper I have found that makes a wonderfully solid image when stamping, however, it pills when I use it for coloring with ink and a blender pen. Then along comes Gina K's pure luxury........ I bought it because it was highly recommended for copics, and one day I tried it for regular stamping and watercoloring. OM goodness! The paper takes ink and makes a solid image with SU's classic inks, and it works better than Whisper White for watercoloring. Oh, yes, I am a fan of Pure Luxury white!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 01:50 PM   #59  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Somehow I ended up in this thread??? LOL! Don't know how...just did. BUT.....NOW I MUST TRY your paper Gina!! Being Copic Certified I think it's a must ;) hee hee hee. I have a question for you. Can a store purchase this paper and sell it in their store? Reason I ask is because I teach both Copic and stamping classes at my LSS...and maybe it can be a paper option that I use in my classes Naturally the store wants me to use products they can sell in their store whenever possible. How wonderful to be able to color and not bleed through!!

Thanks Gina!
Lori Barnett - Gilbert Arizona
My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #60  
Matboard Maniac

Count me in as another stamper that has been "enbled"! I ordered some of the Luxury paper also since I read all the praises from other stampers. I don't have too many Copics, mainly just colours that SU! doesn't have but maube this Luxury paper will just make me have to buy some more! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #61  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Me too!!!

I just placed an order too! Can't wait to get my new, super fabulous cardstock! I ordered both the white and the cream....I love one layer cards so no bleed through sold me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #62  
Kookie Creator

geez I am feeling so left out here, Like there is some great thing everyone else has expeirenced and I haven't. So I guess it's time I give it a try, I had been thinking about this paper for a while now. Now with this thread & all the great things said about this paper, it totally justifies my purchase I don't think I would be disapointed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 04:51 PM   #63  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by beckycooksView Post
So will Nesties cut the 120 lb. pure luxury card stock? You said it will eventually ruin punches...can you be more specific about that? Can you explain the best uses for the different weights?
Becky,
Some punches don't do well with 110-120 lb card stocks and they will punch but fray the card stock a bit as they punch. Other will dull pretty quickly if the product they are cutting through is too thick. The more detailed the punch, the harder it can be.

Nestabilities and other dies work great with the heavier card stocks because there are no mechanisms inside to wear out.

Our new colors are assorted in weight and some of our newer colors are 100 lb- still wonderfully sturdy for card bases but will punch with most punches easily. When they are introduced, they will be in different categories.

Don't be afraid to use them for card bases at all, they are perfect for that, but they will allow for more of the detailed punches like snowflakes and delicate things like that. Any punches that you are successfully using with other company's card stock that is 110lb will work fine with ours. It's just that some punches, especially the button style will have problems.

Hope that helps.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 09:14 PM   #64  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Becky,
Some punches don't do well with 110-120 lb card stocks and they will punch but fray the card stock a bit as they punch. Other will dull pretty quickly if the product they are cutting through is too thick. The more detailed the punch, the harder it can be.

Nestabilities and other dies work great with the heavier card stocks because there are no mechanisms inside to wear out.

Our new colors are assorted in weight and some of our newer colors are 100 lb- still wonderfully sturdy for card bases but will punch with most punches easily. When they are introduced, they will be in different categories.

Don't be afraid to use them for card bases at all, they are perfect for that, but they will allow for more of the detailed punches like snowflakes and delicate things like that. Any punches that you are successfully using with other company's card stock that is 110lb will work fine with ours. It's just that some punches, especially the button style will have problems.

Hope that helps.
Yes, that really does help. Thanks so much for your clear explanation. I've never used Pure Luxury Cardstock, but now I can't wait to try it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 06:30 AM   #65  
Matboard Maniac

Now that I have my Gina K Pure Luxury paper, I am thrilled with the results I've gotten using it for my Copic Marker coloring! The blending is so much easier and the results soooo much nicer! - it's that silky smooth texture...this is absolutely my preference, and I've stamped and colored on all the other recommended card stocks.

Molly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #66  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveyouMostestView Post
Well, I am so happy that I started this thread. I actually can color. I'm not ready for Copic Markers yet, but with my Prismacolors & Gamsol I'm an artist. j/k

I moved to Texas from Wisconsin and believe me, us Wisconsinities are work definitely at a faster pace than Texans (sorry Texans). Don't you just love the speed of Gina?

Seriously, Gina, you really don't need to sell your product. I'm telling you JUST TRY IT and you'll never go back.

I LOVEYOUMOSTEST.

Sheila
Sheila,
Totally off topic....we moved from TX to WI. Where are you in TX? We were in Plano.
And yes, Wisconsinites may work at a faster pace, but you've gotta love that Southern hospitality.

I'm only about 20 minutes from Gina's store, so I guess I'll have to try the 120# white c/s. What a bunch of enablers y'all are!!!

Judi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2009, 11:16 PM   #67  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

You can use it however you want. I color on the 120lb because I cut and emboss with nestabilities. When you emboss 120lb cardstock, you get dramatic results with both nesties and the cuttlebug.

You can color on the 120lb and the color will not bleed through on our white. I love the 80lb for colored pencils and OMS. Because our card stock is smoother than most others with the exception of Stampin' Up, your pencils will blend much more smoothly.

Our 120lb card stock is the heaviest on the paper crafting market. I have all the other brands and our 120 feels much heavier and a million times smoother which makes for a beautiful card base.

But keep in mind that 110 and 120 lb card stock will ruin your punches over time. Many have complained that their punches have broken using the heavier card stocks available from many of the companies discussed here at SCS.

The 80lb card stock will NOT break your punches and will give you super clean edges for your punched pieces and your more delicate nestabilities cuts like the new fancy tags and pendant dies.

I love Gina K.'s Pure Luxury!!! It even photographs better because it's so smooth, other 120 lb. brands look and feel grainy I love that I can make a card without a cardfront! You'll be seeing a lot more CAS from this gal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2009, 04:54 PM   #68  
Rubber Obsessor

Live in the beautiful city of Pflugerville and love it!!! We used to live in Middleton and was totally spoiled because WI has so many little scrapbook places, unlike TX. We lived right down the street from 2peas and I have gone to Gina's place and have actually met Gina although she doesn't remember the millions of people she meets. We're enjoying the weather...how about you?

Just a little off the subject...LOL

Sheila
Reply With Quote Likes