Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-24-2021, 03:04 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsey
Default Liquid glue / aerosol glue

Is each liquid glue made differently? Have you found one that is better than another?

Same with aerosol glue, I have several, I have tried them all, but I haven’t found a single one that seems to truly adhere layers together-maybe I’m not giving it enough time? Maybe I need to put the stacked items underneath something heavy?

Any thoughts / recommendations?

Thank you!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2021, 12:46 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Liquid glues are VERY different. Most are watery and will make your paper warp. Tonic's Craft Glue, Best Glue Ever, Artquest PPA. NO. I use Beacon Zip Dry. Available at Hobby Lobby (still use a coupon for a while longer). Joann quit carrying it. I don't think Michael's carries it. It dries quick and if oozes out where you don't want it, you can roll it off with your finger. I like GinaK's tiny tube for dotting on die cuts.
I have never used aerosol as I work inside and don't want chemical spraying around. My thought is that it's not very control-able and can you touch up areas not sprayed?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2021, 03:33 PM   #3  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

The only aerosol I have is the pixie and that is a temp thing for very detailed stencils.

I have another spray...but it's been so long I dont even remember-I think that one was a top spray to seal work.

I dont use glue a lot for gluing...I use DS tape usually. But when I do, I use Ranger multi medium. Often with my trusty opened paper clip or a micro brush I got a long time ago that I hardly use otherwise to dot it.

I can say never use a liquid glue with a glitter paper under layer. It collapsed my top layer wherever it was. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2021, 09:10 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Tried aerosol glue once, didn't like it for the same reasons Harvestmoon mentioned. Hard to control, not good to use indoors.

I am a messy liquid glue user. Because of that, my preference is to use matte medium gel with a brush or toothpick. If I get some in the wrong place it it doesn't shine when dry.

Recently, Dini left a post saying she uses Elmer's school glue because it is strong and dries matte. I didn't know that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 07:21 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive liquid glue. I normally put it in a smaller bottle with a fine tip so I can control where it goes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 11:50 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts

In Jennifer McGuire's 2019 adhesive recommendations video, she recommended E6000 spray adhesive. I bought some, have used it all of one time, and can't say how well it did. I need to get in the habit, I guess. Word dies could really benefit, if it works.

My regular liquid adhesive is Bearly Art glue, which is recommended for not clogging like so many glues. So far, no problems.

https://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2...-adhesive
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2021, 04:04 AM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 587 Likes on 240 Posts

I use aerosol glue all the time, for fine die cuts and for bigger stuff like layering cs on posters. Just follow the directions on the can, have a tissue handy to wipe away nozzle goo and use waxed paper or a non-stick craft sheet underneath what you are spraying. IMO liquid glue takes too long to dry.
Mary Beth

Last edited by lutheran; 02-26-2021 at 04:04 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2021, 06:25 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Another vote for the Nuvo Deluxe.......did not like liquid glue at all until I found this one. It has a pretty fine tip compared to some of the others.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2021, 07:33 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Two yea votes: one for the Nuvo Deluxe...the best! I had been using the TomBow with the green top, but like the Nuvo Deluxe much better. AND a vote for E6000 for gluing small, thin pieces together. If you look at the reviews anywhere for the spray E6000, many of them are not positive, as these folks were trying to glue wood or styrofoam. E6000 works great on paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2021, 08:58 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

I've only used aerosol glue once, but the fumes bothered me so that was the last time. My problem is finding a liquid glue with fine enough nozzle for my die cuts. I have been using the zig glue pen, but it always stops working when the pen is still half full. I need to find a small bottle with a thin nozzle to pour my liquid glue into, for easier application. I've been using Aleene's gel glue, which I tried for the first time, for small embellishments and I love it. The nozzle is too large though.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2021, 09:40 AM   #11  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I've been using the spray E6000 for my intricate dies, and it works really well. It might seem like the item isn't sticky, but when you place it down on your project, it sticks really well. One trick I've learned is to put the item on a piece of scrap paper, move your arm (swipe) across as you're spraying, and be sure to cover anything you don't want glued. It's a pump spray, so I find it much easier to control than an aerosol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2021, 11:06 AM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts

Best to cut a carton into a spray booth. I have a second just for color spraying.

One issue with the Nuvo is that when the glue gets low, it takes time to get it flowing. I try storing it upside down, but the lid does not make it easy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2021, 04:46 PM   #13  

Received 273 Likes on 161 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamperView Post

One issue with the Nuvo is that when the glue gets low, it takes time to get it flowing. I try storing it upside down, but the lid does not make it easy.
Removing the “gem” from the Nuvo glue cap will allow the bottle to stand flat on its cap, upside down, thus the glue is always at the tip.
Reply With Quote Likes