Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-12-2021, 03:41 AM   #41  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 973 Likes on 472 Posts

I like my T Tiffany organizers also. And my three tiered cart (Michael’s version). But I think my top faves are the stuff I use in most of my projects...

Best:
stamp platform (Misti and SU!)
gemini jr
glass worktop
copics
Fiskars details scissors with spring
Versafine onyx black for sentiments
envelope punch board
(now singing “these are a few of my favorite things...” lol

worst (already sent to bless someone else)
Silhouette
color blending tool with Velcro & pads (both felt and foam); I do much better with brushes

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2021, 07:43 AM   #42  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Sometimes I wish I had just my large rubbermaid tote tub filled with the items I like to use the most instead of all the "stuff" I thought I just had to have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 04:57 PM   #43  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I agree with the others about the Papered Chef

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheermomView Post
My best buys:
Catherine Pooler ink pads (best out there IMO)
my oxide inks
Copic markers
My Tim Holtz stamp positioner
Any and all stencils (especially layering stencils)
Anything and everything by Concord & 9th
Any and all by The Greetery
Blending brushes
2-step and 3-step stamps
Stickles of all colors

My worst:
Scan & Cut (If I could learn how to use it, I would probably love it but I have searched high and low for easy tutorials and have not found any that I can figure out so I continue to fussy cut my images)
Tim Holtz distress crayons and distress inks (got rid of all)
Gelatos (not for me!)
Kertake Zig markers (never liked them)
Sequins (hardly ever use!)
I agree with the others about the Papered Chef. She also has a Facebook group that has a lot of info for the Scan n Cut. She has videos for the CM model and the newer SDX models. The paid classes are on Udemy. She frequently has sales for 9.99 or 10.99 with is the lowest price that Udemy will allow her to give. She announces them on her Facebook group. Just search for Papered Chef's ScanNCut User Group
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2021, 09:36 AM   #44  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Best:
MISTI
Die cutting machines (Big Shot, Grand Calibur, SP Platinum)
Cutterpillar Pro
Envelope punch board
Cutterbee scissors
Score board
Silicone bone folder
Sakura Gelly Roll glitter pens & Wink of Stella markers

Worst:
Zutter Bind-It-All machine
Copics
Windsor Newton paint pens

I have a Scan-N-Cut, but I don't use it very often. I won't put it on my "worst" list because I don't regret buying it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2021, 02:05 PM   #45  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've read good things about the Bearly Art Glue and it's precision tip. Next time I need liquid adhesive, I plan to give it a try.

I just LOVE my newest acquisition. It is a magnifying lamp that clamps onto my desk and easily moves out of the way when not in use. It was $45 at Amazon and well worth the money.

I don't use my Zutter Bind-It-All very often but when I need it, nothing else will do. I've had mine for years and consider it a keeper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2021, 03:50 PM   #46  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 290 Likes on 192 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
I've read good things about the Bearly Art Glue and it's precision tip. Next time I need liquid adhesive, I plan to give it a try.
just a little info I would have liked to have before I got the Bearly Art Glue - it dries clear but shiny, so it’s noticeable if one moves a die cut word a smidge and the glue smears.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2021, 07:32 AM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJBstamper2View Post
just a little info I would have liked to have before I got the Bearly Art Glue - it dries clear but shiny, so it’s noticeable if one moves a die cut word a smidge and the glue smears.
I have been debating trying Bearly Art glue, thanks for the info.

Have you tried Art Glitter glue. Is it noticeable when dried if the die cut word moves a smidge and smears??

Weighing both glue options. As the SU fine tip glue was advertised as dry's clear but it dries real shinny and I can't get the tip unclogged, I tried everything to unclog it. I feel this was a waist of money.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2021, 09:26 AM   #48  
Matboard Maniac

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

With those fine tip glue pens I find you have to put the pin back in place if you are not going to use it right away...Like even in a few minutes it can start to set and clog. Since I do that I have had no problems, except the needle will glue into the tip occasionally requiring the help of pliers to get it out. When I am finished crafting for the day I plunge the needle in and out of the tip cleaning in with a cloth each plunge. Or I turn it up and wait for the glue to receded from the tips base, then squeeze the bottle to empty the tip (a waste of that glue generally) until only air is passing through the nozzle and leave it upright.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2021, 08:19 AM   #49  
Matboard Maniac

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

It has been fun reading what everyone likes and dislikes. Here are a few of mine.

Best:
Connect glue from Gina K
ATG gun
Big Shot
Sizzix Sidekick
Rotary cutter
Crop-a-Dile: it has helped me so much with eyelets

Worst:
Stamp sets where I really only like one stamp
Watercolor pencils and markers: never could get them to look nice
Embossing powders and gun: I can never seem to get it to come out smooth so I don't use them

I'm sure there are more for both lists, but I can't seem to think of any more.

-Adam Osborne-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2021, 11:34 AM   #50  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both the Art Glitter Glue and Bearly Art Glue leave visible smudges if not cleaned up immediately. Sometimes even then. I live in a humid environment and tape loses it’s stick after a while. I can repair card later but I also make mini albums. They are much harder to fix later. I do not want either to come apart if I gift them to someone else. Glue seems to be the only answer after using many adhesives.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2021, 08:05 AM   #51  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcwongView Post
I find that i get "glue trails" when I used liquid adhesives on larger pieces of cardstock. The only I get around this is to smear it with my finger after I lay it down, so I only use it on very thick paper where the trail won't show. Any tips on how to avoid the "trails"? I have used Connect and Lawn Fawn glue and Art Glitter glue, with similar results for both kinds of glue.

I use Fabri Tac to make my cards. It does leave trails and sometimes oozes out of the sides. I use one of those handy adhesive gummy erasers and it works like a charm. I bought mine from Stampin Up but have seen them at Hobby Lobby in the art supplies section.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2021, 09:22 PM   #52  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 290 Likes on 192 Posts

I think the Dollar Tree stores that carry the Crafter’s Square products might have the adhesive erasers. They’re definitely on dollar tree.com but the minimum to order is 4.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2021, 03:17 PM   #53  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

My Worst Choices
Stamp Scrubber in a case: I bought an inexpensive one, and I think it's too small. Stampin' Up has one that is bigger by two inches that I think would work much better. I find I can't be bothered to bring out the Scrubber to use it. It's quicker and easier to use a damp cloth, and if there is ink in deep crevasses, I use a soft wet brush.
Cling adhesive (strips) from Stampin' Up: ("Convert your clear-mount stamps to cling") For me, there was too much fussy cutting and waste involved in shaping straight strips to curved stamp images. Additionally, I found that while the adhesive worked for a temporary cling on clear blocks or in the Stamparatus, they didn't cling when stored longer term in my Stampin' Up cases. Disappointing.

My Best
Stamparatus: Love, love, love it! Everyone needs a stamping platform. I don't know how I used to manage without it.

Watercolour Pencils: I'm very basic when it comes to using the pencils, but I enjoy colouring stamped images, I like the way the colour strokes can be smoothed out with a damp brush. It's also easy to get a watercolour-look background. In addition,I don't have to worry about markers going dry or ink leakage.
I'm having a lot of fun with Brushos. I was cautious about that purchase, but no regrets.
I'm going to put in a vote for Distress Oxides as well. I'm really Interested to see that some people regret them - and curious what didn't work well.

I'm rambling a bit, but it's like that with the reviews I find on Amazon. Some people love an item, others hate the very same thing.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2021, 04:19 PM   #54  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts

I'm finally using my Arteza brush markers and I like them for coloring.
The Frugal Crafter on Youtube has a good marker review video if interested, https://youtu.be/hwa4JlxUMBg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2021, 08:07 AM   #55  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

I love reading what everyone finds to be their best and worst purchases. Here are mine:

BEST:
MISTI - original and memory sizes - My cards look so much better now with stamping accuracy.
CuterPillar Pro - the best and most accurate cutter I've ever had and I've had quite a few.
Scor-Pal - again accuracy is the key word here - for creasing and folding and my card.
CuttleBug - I've had it since it first came out and it still works just fine, though I have been thinking
about getting a new machine that has at least a 6" mouth, maybe wider.
COPICS - I'm still learning to use them for best results but the cards I've made since I purchased
them show a marked improvement over the years, IMHO.
Prismacolor Pencils - love them. It's what I started out coloring with but I need to use them more
often.
Crop-A-Dile - Hole Punch/Eyelet Setter and the Corner Rounder - very handy tools
Angora water colors - inexpensive but good for my level of expertise - which is none.
Sargent Art- Square Chalk Pastels - works a charm with an alligator clip and a cotton ball (like you
would use for a bunny's tail).
Daylight Desk Lamp with magnifier and adjustable arm - love it!
ATG714 - glue gun, Xyron - glue machine and Tombow Multi Liquid glue all work perfectly for me
All my dies from PTI, The Greetery, Memory Box and many others - love them all!
Judikins Translucent Gold embossing powder - I never have bumpy embossing with this powder.

WORST:
Watercolor pencils - nothing wrong with them, just not for me.
Ribbon - way too much and never use it.
Kool Tak Layers Plus - never got the hang of it.
Zutter Bind-It-All - I've only used it a couple of times so it doesn't warrant taking up space in my
limited craft space...

I'm sure I have more that I'm not remembering but these are most of them.
​​​​​​​
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2021, 12:26 PM   #56  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeannemlehrmanView Post
I use Fabri Tac to make my cards. It does leave trails and sometimes oozes out of the sides. I use one of those handy adhesive gummy erasers and it works like a charm. I bought mine from Stampin Up but have seen them at Hobby Lobby in the art supplies section.
Dollar Tree sometimes has them now, the gummy erasers. They've been getting a lot of pretty good quality craft supplies lately.

Last edited by DaisyNY; 03-25-2021 at 12:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes