Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-07-2018, 01:28 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ink pad unstuck need help

Hi I have a bit of a strange problem which i have never come acrros hoping someone can help me
Awhile ago maybe 3 or 4 months ago I bought some hero arts ombre ink pads they have 3 colours in them and they go from dark to light and i hadnt opened them until today (not all of them anyways) and had not used them until today. I am creating a ombre stamped background. Anyways my question is what glue should i use to stick the ink pad back to the base cos some of them (in one case all 3 colours another 1 colour of 3 colours) has fallen completely away from the container/base that it is in!

I have a hot glue gun, ranger multi matte mediium, ordinary pvc craft glue, and tombow mono glue

I am just wondering what would be the best glue to stick the ink pads back into the container as it looks like they were stuck in with glue to begin with

Or another way to attach?

Cos i cant really use the one that has totally come apart and i literally took the packaging off today I think i might of bought some of them late last year from the US (my friend brought them home with her) and some more recently but they stayed with the plastic on them until today (the majority of them!) so I cant really see why they would come apart or off the container (i dont know what else to call it they come in a plastic container with a plastic lid and theres 3 rectangles of colour but if they arent stuck to the bottom of the container then i cant use them. And they are really quite difficult to find and also not entirely cheap either about $10 to $15 AU each. They make a lovely effect though and i guess i must of done it OK cos it looks alright cos i was worried when i watched the video if id physically be able to do it but i did so im quite happy about that! While i had them out i wanted to do lots but both of the ones that broke are green and im making a rainbow background and ive got 2 different green ones and both have come off the base!

the background i made turned out great! I love the inks apart from the fact they came out the container!

I have been asked to make some thank you cards for a friends wedding and one of the cards is going to have a ombre background. I got this idea from jennifer mcguires video on it on you tube. It looks really great!

any help appreciated thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2018, 03:29 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Ooh, that’s not fun. Have you emailed Hero Arts for a suggestion? When an ink pad lid kept falling off, they just sent me a new one. With you being in Australia and a friend buying the ink for you I’m not sure it would be that easy.

Assuming the pads are felt, is the bottom of the pad dry or inky? If dry I wonder about hot glue. But before doing anything I’d suggest emailing them at [email protected]

BTW, when I emailed them with a question a very nice person who responded said she didn’t know the answer. I wrote back to ask if she’d check with someone who would know, and she did that. You may need to do that. : ) Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2018, 08:54 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

I have also contacted hero arts but its the weekend so im expecting it to take a few days for a reply i contacted at the email u have given

I do know where to

get it here but it is like $15to $17 for one ink pad where as from the US i only paid like $7 AU for the same ink pad!

So thats why id prefer to fix it than replace it unless hero arts replace it but im doubting that since i didnt buy it direct from them

I think its felt its the same as the shadow ink pads from hero arts the formulation and the ink pad is the same other than this having the 3 colors
I will have a look if its inky on the bottom or not i dont think it is but will have to check

I also wondered about using the hot glue gun

I wish they were not so hard to find and so expensive! I would just replace but its full of ink not dry or anything

At least the backgrounds worked out
Yes the felt is inky on the bottom of it does this mean it wont stick with glue?

It is not as inky as the proper side of the ink pad and not inky all the way along
I will wait for hero arts to reply

Apart from this issue and it hasnt happened to all of the ink pads only 2 of them (so far)
So the ones that have not broken are amazing when i finish the card ill put it up so u all can see it one reason i bought the green one was because of another jennifer McGuire video which was ombre layering stamps i bought the hero arts Christmas tree layering set and was planning to make some cards with it so i really need it fixed it was quite unexpected that they fell off the bottom plastic part of the ink pad i do wonder how they broke??

Her videos really inspire me a lot to try different techniques

I tried the background stamp with the misti but i needed to double stamp and it didnt work so well so i decided to try the upside down method i used the creative corners in the misti to hold the stamp in place (im bedridden and do it in my lap i LOVE the misti its great but i noticed the technique she used in the video and i got it to work!!
I just put it in the misti to hold in place so it didn't shift and then inked it up (so the stamp was on the side where the paper goes upside down) and then i inked it up and then i carefully put the paper down and got a bigger sheet over the top and then rubbed it and voila it worked was also a new stamp so thats probably why it took a little bit longer to get to work

Ive got 3 or 4 backgrounds to make cards with i like the idea of making lots of one technique while my stuff is out
Im planning to try to do all different techniques for the cards for my friends thank you cards she wants mostly flowers but loved the ombre inked background with the butterfly on it so im pretty sure i have the same stamp set if not ive got a different butterfly die i can use

Thanks again ill let u know how i get on
Im a bit scared to try something till i find out what hero arts have to say
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2018, 03:16 PM   #4  
Inking Addict

Received 51 Likes on 15 Posts

I had the same thing happen with Color Box petals. I used Gorilla glue to glue the pads back on the petal base. Worked like a charm. I thought of Gorilla glue since it is activated by moisture. This was two years ago- still stuck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2018, 09:44 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Hero arts contracted me today to ask me to send them photos of the ink pads that broke and that i can't use they were very apologetic and asked for the photos and the exact name and product numbers so i photographed the back of the ink pad which showed the name and also
Has a number i told them i wasnt sure if it was the right number but at least she has the color of it

So hopefully they'll get back to me i checked every pad and discovered that 1 more has also broken in same way! The green ones 2 differenr pads all 3 colours have come off the base but with the pink only 1 of 3 colours has come disconnected so hopefully they will see what i mean i put the ink pads that were loose in the upside lid and photographed it next to the base and explained it cos otherwise it doesn't look broken!!

Maybe they will replace for me as they do send overseas etc even though i didnt buy directly from them
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2018, 06:15 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

I had this happen twice. The first time colobox made good, the second time it happened with a different Colorbox petal they did not make good

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2018, 07:03 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

My Picked Raspberry distress ink was half hanging on when I bought it, but didn't realize straight away.
Look forward to seeing what advice HA give you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2018, 08:53 AM   #8  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild CowView Post
I had the same thing happen with Color Box petals. I used Gorilla glue to glue the pads back on the petal base. Worked like a charm. I thought of Gorilla glue since it is activated by moisture. This was two years ago- still stuck.

I didn't know that about Gorilla glue - thanks for educating me! Will keep that in mind for when I have "wet" disasters!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2018, 07:04 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Im from Australia and ive never heard of gorilla glue is this a brand or a type of glue thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2018, 07:17 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by emckView Post
Im from Australia and ive never heard of gorilla glue is this a brand or a type of glue thanks for the help!

It's a brand of glue here in the states. Here's a link:

https://smile.amazon.com/Gorilla-500...lla+glue&psc=1<sub></sub><sup></sup>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2018, 07:49 PM   #11  
Cardstock Collector

Default unstuck ink pad

Hi

In Australia you can get gorilla glue from Bunnings. I have restuck some ink pads with this glue and it works great, just dont put too much on. The frugal crafter - Lyndsey Weirich has a You tube video on how to do it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2018, 03:03 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

I have one section of a Kalidacolor pad that has come loose, as well as an entire Versamark pad that is loose. I went to buy some Gorilla Glue, but there are about 5 varieties. Which one should I use?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2018, 10:12 PM   #13  
Inking Addict

Received 51 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Original Gorilla Glue

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post
I have one section of a Kalidacolor pad that has come loose, as well as an entire Versamark pad that is loose. I went to buy some Gorilla Glue, but there are about 5 varieties. Which one should I use?

Hi,

It�s Orginal Gorilla Glue. You only need a small amount- the glue expands. There is enough moisture in the ink pad to activate the glue; no need to add any additional water.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2018, 05:07 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

Thank you! I'm off to get some Original Gorilla Glue!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2018, 04:52 PM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I bet a lot of people have had this problem so it is great you asked the question!

I didnt know about gorilla glue either.
My DH uses crazy glue for most everything. What do you guys think about that since I know it is always in the house...
Reply With Quote Likes