Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-11-2009, 10:03 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!

Hi I have new cuttlebug machine and have just purchased the Nestabilities die/emboss/stencil dies and used the sandwich it recommended:
A plate
C plate
die stencil with ridge up
paper
B plate

I thought cool ran it through the machine and heard a slight crack here in there... worried I broke something.

the paper was cut fine but the B plate has the die stencil stratched into it. IS this alright? Have I done something wrong? What should I do???
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

You did nothing wrong. Mine creaks and cracks every time I use it and yes it will leave the shape of your die cut into your plate. That's normal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2009, 11:30 PM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Thank you so much. I was stressing out about it. It is such a terrible sound.
You are a lifesaver thank you again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2009, 06:29 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MontyGonzaView Post
Thank you so much. I was stressing out about it. It is such a terrible sound.
You are a lifesaver thank you again.
Yes, that is "normal", and I agree it's a terrible sound. Most everyone's Cuttlebug does that. Some of them seem to be set more tightly than others, too. With more use, it might loosen up a little.

I would suggest also that you rotate your B plates when using the Nesties. Flip them over and reverse them end to end. That way any warping you get will straighten itself out as you use them.

I picked up an extra set of B plates at Mikes with a coupon, just to have them on hand "in case." I've used my Nesties a lot, and my plates are all etched and scarred up, but still work just fine. Eventually, they might need replacing, but I'm ready.

Have fun with your Nesties!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2009, 09:32 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Mine creaks and groans too. One time I was using it with my hubby in the room and he started "shouting" at me to stop cranking it because I was going to break something! He he he. I love it when he doesn't know "everything."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I thought I had broken something the first time it "cracked" too. I still hate to hear that sound but Now I know it is normal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2009, 09:52 AM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

BUT one thing I have noticed... now mind you I have used my B plates a billion times.... my B's are really "chopped up" with etchings from previous use. I have noticed that at this point the etching marks are actually making in impression in the CS! So does this mean I should get new B's?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2009, 10:39 AM   #8  
Kookie Creator

I would think that if anyone from Provocraft (the company that makes the Cuttlebug) ever read our forums, they would put a prominent disclosure in each C-Bug box indicating that all those noises are fine and that your B plates will carry a "history" of every die cut you make. :p

I would be willing to bet that 95% of new Cuttlebug owners have an "OH NO!" moment the first time they use their new toy! :shock:

I would recommend, like one of the ladies above, in having an extra set of B plates handy for when yours get too much of that "history" on them. It can start leaving it's mark on the paper/cardstock that you cut after a while.

And, just one final note (and certainly not from experience or anything :rolleyes, I would have an extra C Plate on hand as well. Just in case that "usual creaking and cracking" does by any chance turn into an amazingly shocking "SNAP" as you break your C plate in half! You almost have to TRY to do this, but it does happen from time to time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenakeeView Post
I would think that if anyone from Provocraft (the company that makes the Cuttlebug) ever read our forums, they would put a prominent disclosure in each C-Bug box indicating that all those noises are fine and that your B plates will carry a "history" of every die cut you make. :p

I would be willing to bet that 95% of new Cuttlebug owners have an "OH NO!" moment the first time they use their new toy! :shock:

I would recommend, like one of the ladies above, in having an extra set of B plates handy for when yours get too much of that "history" on them. It can start leaving it's mark on the paper/cardstock that you cut after a while.

And, just one final note (and certainly not from experience or anything :rolleyes, I would have an extra C Plate on hand as well. Just in case that "usual creaking and cracking" does by any chance turn into an amazingly shocking "SNAP" as you break your C plate in half! You almost have to TRY to do this, but it does happen from time to time!
I just saw a post about this the other day. The gal said she used duct tape to keep the C plate together until she could get a new one, and it worked just fine.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #10  
Glitter Guru

Mine did that too and I thought OMG! I did something wrong. Now the snaps, crackles, and pops I know are just normal.

my tip on the leaving lines in your cardstock...keep a clean B plate for dry embossing only. The sandwhich I use for cutting with nesties is A on bottom, B, nestie blade towards B, cardstock, then C. The sandwhich I use for embossing with nesties is A, B, 3 cardstock shims, rubber mat, cardtock with the nestie again blades towards B, then the clean B plate. HTH.
Reply With Quote Likes