Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-08-2021, 01:59 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Finally bought a Stamparatus

I've been looking at stamping platforms forever. I liked the idea, but would I use it or would it go into my cool, but rarely used tool bucket. :oops: I researched them all, watched a million YouTube videos and decided to go with the Stamparatus because I liked the idea of the 2 different plates that were easily moved. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and OMG! It has changed how I stamp.
  • My images are crisper and darker since I can re-stamp.
  • I am using stamps that I used to avoid because they were hard to get a clean image or layer properly.
  • My smudges, smears and other unwanted ink blotches have diminished.
I am super thrilled with my purchase!

I think the outcome would be similar with any stamping platform and this is the only one I've ever used, so I can't recommend it over the others, but I can recommend it on its own merit. No regrets at all!

Hang on. Let me overthink this.

Last edited by NerdyBeth; 09-09-2021 at 04:05 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 17 users liked this post by NerdyBeth:
barney (09-14-2021), cards_by_KP (09-14-2021), ChrisO (09-09-2021), craftymomto2 (09-14-2021), fl_beachbum (09-09-2021), grannycards (09-14-2021), kazeka (09-14-2021), leibetty (09-09-2021), LizSwickley (09-11-2021), Lorieann196029 (09-14-2021), lutheran (09-09-2021), MaryEllen505 (09-14-2021), minstrel (10-05-2021), pepperann (09-11-2021), Tigger2 (09-17-2021), Valeriesc (09-14-2021), wavejumper (09-09-2021)
Old 09-09-2021, 05:39 AM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Yay! Glad you are having a lot of fun with it! And being able to use stash you had not been is always very cool! whoot!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
harvestmoon (09-14-2021)
Old 09-09-2021, 06:04 AM   #3  
Chat Box Hippy Chick

Received 370 Likes on 228 Posts

so glad you like it. I was given mine as a gift, TBH I never thought I would want one, since the big selling point I always heard was, you can make multiples so easy! NOT my thing at ALL!
but I have been using it and I LOVE it for getting really BLACK and also stamping over on rough papers like watercolor paper.
I think that the Stamparatus has some really cool features relating to the fact that the plates are removable and repositionable

ENJOY!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2021, 06:44 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 973 Likes on 472 Posts

It's a great tool. I think stamp positioning tools have been a great addition to our hobby. It's so much more enjoyable to create when you can re-stamp something if needed or easily get it on straight to begin with. I still use my blocks but definitely consider my positioner a must-have in my craft room.

I like the multiple plates on the SAR but don't use the two plates together very often. I consider the second plate more of a backup plate most of the time (LOL) but it's so nice to have options, isn't it?

Glad you are enjoying your new tool/toy!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2021, 03:11 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by fl_beachbumView Post
It's a great tool. I think stamp positioning tools have been a great addition to our hobby. It's so much more enjoyable to create when you can re-stamp something if needed or easily get it on straight to begin with. I still use my blocks but definitely consider my positioner a must-have in my craft room.

I like the multiple plates on the SAR but don't use the two plates together very often. I consider the second plate more of a backup plate most of the time (LOL) but it's so nice to have options, isn't it?

Glad you are enjoying your new tool/toy!
I couldn't agree with this more. Yesterday I made a baby card, and if it weren't for my Hampton Arts stamping platform, I wouldn't have been very happy with the stamped portion of it. It is SU's "Worth the Wait," an adorable turtle stamp that is wood mounted. Every time I've used this stamp in the past, I've been less than thrilled with the results. It's a very bold, mostly solid image. I decided to unmount it, and I had to stamp it about 4 times, but the results were very good. I love the way the card turned out. If I can get a good picture of it, I'll post it in the gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2021, 02:50 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

The removable plates led to a technique Sara Douglas calls "hinge step stamping." You could do a youtube search and find some videos.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
leibetty (09-13-2021)
Old 09-11-2021, 04:40 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Received 173 Likes on 95 Posts

I have the TIm Holtz traveling platform, and I also get more use on some stamps that were hard to get clear images when stamping. I wish more of my wooden block stamps could be used on the platform.. it has a removable plate, one side for rubber and one side for clear stamps... I have considered trying to remove the wooden blocks, but just haven't had the umph to try ! I also recommend the platforms for multiple stamping (when needed for a clearer image).
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2021, 08:35 AM   #8  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 493 Likes on 272 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac4551View Post
I have the TIm Holtz traveling platform, and I also get more use on some stamps that were hard to get clear images when stamping. I wish more of my wooden block stamps could be used on the platform.. it has a removable plate, one side for rubber and one side for clear stamps... I have considered trying to remove the wooden blocks, but just haven't had the umph to try ! I also recommend the platforms for multiple stamping (when needed for a clearer image).
I have a Tim Holtz platform which I got when Tonic had to discontinue them because of the law suit with MISTI. I never really thought I "needed" a platform, but it sure does help with clear crisp images. I have had to unmount a few stamps that I just could not get a complete image with, and changing them to cling and using the platform has been fabulous. I make big cards (8 1/2 X 5 1/2 inch) and love BIG stamps, intricate, detailed stamps, and a platform makes stamping those much easier.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2021, 08:43 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

In addition to what others said, using stamps with matching dies is so easy, perfect every time. Getting the tiny areas of Tim Holtz cat dies and stamps is hard. I always had to draw in the whiskers.
1. Put plain copy paper on the platform.
2. Die cut the shape and put the cut card stock, not the shape, on top of the paper, snug into the corner. Card stock needs to have one perfect right angle corner and be large enough to fit magnets around the edges.
3. Position the stamp in the hole.
4. Ink it and see if it's in the right place. Move it around and test until it's perfectly positioned.
5. Place the shape in the hole and stanp the image. It'll be perfect.
6. Store the card stock with the hole with the stamp or dies for the next time.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by elsieminor:
ConnieB17 (09-14-2021), NerdyBeth (09-19-2021), Stampnnatter (09-14-2021)
Old 09-14-2021, 10:44 AM   #10  
Compulsive Stamper

First I just HAD to have the Mistly. After watching the video I just HAD to have the Tim Holtz staming platform. The I got to use SU's with the two plates that actually can be four at once. Guess what? I just HAVE to have it. I just wish I had belong to this site when I first started papercrafts. I could have save having 9 paper cutters, 4 stamping platforms, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 6 users liked this post by Jevick:
3dots4me (09-14-2021), harvestmoon (09-14-2021), Here and There (09-16-2021), JaneUK (10-08-2021), LKB1011 (09-14-2021), wyobart (09-15-2021)
Old 09-14-2021, 11:11 AM   #11  
Glitter Queen

Jevick, I do believe you may have missed the memo that noted that acquiring equipment and supplies is one hobby, and using them is a completely different hobby! Having 9 paper cutters, 4 stamping platforms, etc., just means you're excelling at the first one!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 6 users liked this post by elsieminor:
3dots4me (09-14-2021), ChrisO (09-15-2021), harvestmoon (09-14-2021), Here and There (09-16-2021), LKB1011 (09-14-2021), Renata Joyner (09-14-2021)
Old 09-14-2021, 12:40 PM   #12  
Inking Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JevickView Post
First I just HAD to have the Mistly. After watching the video I just HAD to have the Tim Holtz staming platform. The I got to use SU's with the two plates that actually can be four at once. Guess what? I just HAVE to have it. I just wish I had belong to this site when I first started papercrafts. I could have save having 9 paper cutters, 4 stamping platforms, etc.

Yes, I agree! SU's stamping platform is the best. I did exactly the same thing you did:-) I HAD to have the Misti and I liked that. Then I saw Tim Holt's and HAD to have that and then I tried the SU stamping platform. Well, I HAD to have that one!! I use that all the time and have never gone back to other two.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2021, 01:23 PM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

So glad you are enjoying your Stamparatus. I bought mine when they first came out and wasn't sure how often I would use it but definitely had certain stamps that I knew it would be great to use. Well, I use mine every time I stamp any more. Have kept my clear blocks (only use once and a while). It is one of my tools I couldn't get along without.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2021, 02:59 PM   #14  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I get a Stamparatus?

Greetings,
I saw a video of a Stamparatus. Where can I get one?
Thanks,
Douglas Tallant
San Marcos, TX
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2021, 03:22 PM   #15  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas TView Post
Greetings,
I saw a video of a Stamparatus. Where can I get one?
Thanks,
Douglas Tallant
San Marcos, TX
Douglas: You can go to website for Stampin' Up and signup to order online. I have a demonstrator that lives just a few blocks from me and I usually order through her. Haven't ever ordered online though. So hopefully someone else out there can give you some tips if needed. Hope this helps you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2021, 03:24 PM   #16  
Compulsive Stamper

Douglas: They are only available through a Stampin' Up demonstrator. If you can't find one locally, I will forward the name of the lady I buy from. She can have it sent straight from the warehouse to your house. Not sure how much shipping is because I always have my orders sent to her house and pick up there. If not,l I'm pretty sure there are members here who are also demonstrators. You will love it...especially if you want to use multiple stamps on the same cardstock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Valeriesc (09-14-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 04:46 AM   #17  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac4551View Post
I just peel off the rubber stamp from the wood, stick it on my platform and then stick it back on my block. If you are careful, it works great. I have some really old wood ones and have no problem with any of them when I do that….
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2021, 04:52 AM   #18  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Just an FYI for anyone interested that may not know this……
.if you stamp your image ( make sure of placement on your positioner ) DONT REMOVE YOUR STAMP from the positioner. Color your image, line ot back up where you had it placed before, and re-stamp. It makes the image come alive. So vivid! Only thing is you have to pay attention to where you placed it so it gets back where it was before (usually tight in the corner for me).

I also remove my rubber stamps from the wood blocks, stick it on the positioner, stamp it, then Stick it right back on the wood block. I’ve been trying to just permanently remove the hundreds I have from the wood because of lack of space…..ugh
Reply With Quote Likes
Scrapjanny (09-15-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 07:00 AM   #19  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the information. I truly appreciate it.
Regards,
Douglas Tallant
San Marcos, TX
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2021, 11:54 PM   #20  
Glitter Queen

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Removing your wooden blocks is so easy! 10 seconds in microwave and it just peels right off! I was really daunted by this and it took me a long time to try it but I love it! Saves so much space and the ability to use it in my platform is AMAZING! Fell back in love with my older stash and use them so much more now that I don't have to dig for them!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2021, 05:12 AM   #21  
Inking Addict

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I have both sizes of the TH stamping platforms. I totally agree with everyone. I too, stamp again after coloring. Especially after using color pencils. So nice and clean-looking. I use paper stumps and gamisol.
I just can't remove rubber off wooden stamps. Each one is a little (or Big) piece of art. I've been a hard-core wooden stamp collector since I was a kiddo. I have over 1,5000 wooden stamps. This girl loves her some wooden stamps. Unmounted red rubber sheets are the way to go if you don't want to unmount your wooden stamps. Plus some red rubber sheets have 15+ images for around $20.
Reply With Quote Likes