Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #241  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HSN sold out of the envelope punch tonight. Mine is on it's way-can't wait!!!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #242  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamper22View Post
HSN sold out of the envelope punch tonight. Mine is on it's way-can't wait!!!!!!
That's great. I know you will love it. HSN is usually pretty quick about shipping.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 04:44 AM   #243  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a specific date after which I should place an order that will assure I get the updated envelope board? I want one (of course!), but definitely one that has the correct measurements.

Thanks for all the info here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 06:00 AM   #244  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm thinking that if I place an order (still haven't because I want the updated version) that I will make sure I order from a site where I can comment that is the version I am ordering otherwise there is always the risk that it could be the last one of the original version on the shelf or one returned etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 06:02 AM   #245  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherMegView Post
Is there a specific date after which I should place an order that will assure I get the updated envelope board? I want one (of course!), but definitely one that has the correct measurements.

Thanks for all the info here!
I haven't heard any dates to order to make sure you get a corrected one. Maybe someone else has??

I am curious, though. Does anyone know how many corrections were made? I am assuming it was on two or three? Am I right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 07:14 AM   #246  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I haven't heard any dates to order to make sure you get a corrected one. Maybe someone else has??

I am curious, though. Does anyone know how many corrections were made? I am assuming it was on two or three? Am I right?
Kathy, for you, and all those others concerned about the "correct" measurements, I just printed out the new, corrected measurement chart, and compared it to the measurements on the Envelope Punch I have.

There are quite a few changes, both in paper size and scoring measurements. 16 changes, to be exact, affecting 12 envelope sizes.

Now, most of the changes are tiny, amounting to 1/8 or 1/4 inch. I won't list them all - there are too many. They apply to odd size envelopes that I will never make anyway, so it doesn't bother me at all.

Here is an example: Envelope size 3-1/2 x 7: Paper size went from 8-3/4 to 8-5/8. That is only a 1/8 difference. The score line on this size went from 3-1/4 to 3. That is a 1/4 difference. It is highly unlikely I will ever make a 3-1/2 x 7 card, but I have the printed revised chart should I ever need it.

I am a creature of habit, and 99% of the time I make A2 size cards, which I have the right measurements for. Very occasionally I make a 5 x 7 card, and that measurement is correct.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #247  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Bugga. I didn't realize there were that many changes, but I have printed out the chart too. If I get the one with the wrong measurements, then I will probably tape/laminate the new chart onto the board, just so I know where it is. I'm like you, will mostly be doing the A2 card size....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #248  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Hearing of all these mistakes AND that they couldn't get this RIGHT from the beginning on a new product is VERY DISHEARTENING! I COULDN'T PAY FULL PRICE for a flawed tool! Are they going to CORRECT THIS so others don't have to go back & laminate the correct measurements on later? I was SO HYPED about this product & now I'm NOT PLANNING on getting it till I see they CORRECT THEIR MISTAKES!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #249  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm sure I read on a previous page the corrected version would be available from the end of the month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #250  
Stampin' Fool

I opted for the "flawed" version; I'm not perfect, so we should work well together!! Seems like it'll be an easy fix, and I'm excited to begin using it.

Love the adjustments some of you have suggested on earlier posts for those embellished cards - what a great idea. I'll have to make the note to attach to the board so I don't forget. Thank you for sharing that.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #251  
Matboard Maniac

Mine is on its way and it's got the incorrect measurements. So it's going to get a little help from the Xyron machine. I'll be printing the revised chart then running it through the Xyron to laminate with adhesive.

One craft tool helping another - awww.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #252  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by ready2retireView Post
Mine is on its way and it's got the incorrect measurements. So it's going to get a little help from the Xyron machine. I'll be printing the revised chart then running it through the Xyron to laminate with adhesive.

One craft tool helping another - awww.
What a terrific idea!!! On Sesame Street they would call that "cooperation"!!! hee hee

My Xyron machine is the smaller one for ribbons, etc. so I doubt I can squeeze the chart in mine, but I love your idea just the same!! I guess I'm going to have to stick to the packing tape or get Office Depot/Staples to do it for me.... They offer that service, don't they?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #253  
Compulsive Stamper

Got mine today and LOVE it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2013, 05:46 AM   #254  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamper22View Post
Got mine today and LOVE it!
Told ya!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #255  
Crimping Master

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Told ya!
What she said!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #256  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

By the way, Canadians -- I asked Sheila at Scrapping Great Deals (terrific online store) and she'll be carrying it! Great news for me! Now to be patient until it comes in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #257  
Pearl-ExPert

Got a notification from Fran (I think) at Frantic Stamper. She said that she had some of the Envelope Punch that need the revised measurement chart (which she included as an attachment) and did I want one. I am a little OCD about paying full price than having to make adjustments. (I guess SU clear stamps are the exceptions) Should I wait until April or get one now? Does using a Xyron work? I have a 5" one. Would it be easy to stick the revised chart on straight? See I admitted, up front, that I am a little OCD!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #258  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafter 4 LifeView Post
Got a notification from Fran (I think) at Frantic Stamper. She said that she had some of the Envelope Punch that need the revised measurement chart (which she included as an attachment) and did I want one. I am a little OCD about paying full price than having to make adjustments. (I guess SU clear stamps are the exceptions) Should I wait until April or get one now? Does using a Xyron work? I have a 5" one. Would it be easy to stick the revised chart on straight? See I admitted, up front, that I am a little OCD!
Check out youtube. There is a guy there who put his on. I think he is known as the gentleman crafter or something to that effect...If I can find that particular one, I will link it for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #259  
Proud Fan Club Member

I found the tutorial. Jim, the Gentleman Crafter on youtube. He shows how he put the fix on his board. I would take either one, just patiently waiting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #260  
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you for the link. I still have to think about this. The items I have had laminated are a little thicker so do you think adding a laminated chart will 'catch' your paper when you are using the Envelope Punch. I know some people would not be bothered but..... (OCD person sitting on my shoulder whispering in my ear.)

After reading how everyone is so enthusiastic about this new tool, I want to use one yesterday. This is what you call dithering!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #261  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafter 4 LifeView Post
Thank you for the link. I still have to think about this. The items I have had laminated are a little thicker so do you think adding a laminated chart will 'catch' your paper when you are using the Envelope Punch. I know some people would not be bothered but..... (OCD person sitting on my shoulder whispering in my ear.)

After reading how everyone is so enthusiastic about this new tool, I want to use one yesterday. This is what you call dithering!
I'm a bit OCD too, so I know where you are coming from. I don't think I would laminate, I think I would use a good wide packing tape and cut the edges smoothly. I want this board so much that I think I wouldn't mind fixing it. I can always get another and pass the first one along to friends who aren't OCD. Having said that, mine is on preorder for mid to late April, so I am thinking I will probably get the new version. I did print off the "fix" onto cardstock and it looks like it is a perfect fit for size.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #262  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I found the tutorial. Jim, the Gentleman Crafter on youtube. He shows how he put the fix on his board. I would take either one, just patiently waiting!
I just watched his "fix" on the video. I printed out the new revised chart, and unless you are great at resizing PDF's, it prints quite a bit larger than the chart on the board. I placed it over the chart on my board, and it covered up the chart, and also some other printing on the board. As printed, it also extended nearly to the groove on the right side where you score.

You guys can all make your own decisions, of course, but I personally would not want to "mess up" my perfectly smooth board by attaching another chart on top with tape. That never really lasts very long, and then you have sticky residue to deal with.

As I said in an earlier post, the revised measurements are really tiny adjustments, 1/8th to 1/4th of an inch, and are mostly for very odd sized envelopes that probably most of us would never even make.

If you have a board with the original measurements, it makes sense to me to print the revised chart, keep it handy, and refer to it on the slim (for me, anyway) chance that you really need to make an envelope for a card that is 3-1/2 x 7-1/2 or 3 x 8-1/2.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #263  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks, Bugga. I don't have the board so I couldn't see how it compared in size. I sure wouldn't want to shrink the chart because it's hard enough to read now. Maybe it could be attached to the back of the board somehow? As I said, I don't have the board, so I can't tell yet. My chart printed out at 6 5/8 x 3 1/4. Is that what yours is too? Wasn't sure if it was a difference in printers, or what....just curious.

Last edited by muscrat; 02-14-2013 at 03:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #264  
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, Kathy, you know I've gotten fond of you - because I'm not a numbers person, but I'm really trying here, lol.

I'm quoting myself below, because, duh, I cut out the chart I printed and cut around the dark border - not just the chart. So, of course, it covered up the original chart when I placed it on my board.

"I just watched his "fix" on the video. I printed out the new revised chart, and unless you are great at resizing PDF's, it prints quite a bit larger than the chart on the board. I placed it over the chart on my board, and it covered up the chart, and also some other printing on the board. As printed, it also extended nearly to the groove on the right side where you score."

Bolded statement above is not true.

New, revised measurements for the new, revised chart I printed out are 3 x 6-11/16, just 1/16th different than the 6-5/8 you measured.

The chart on the board measures 3 x 6-11/16. The chart I printed measures 3 x 6-11/16. Perfect fit!

Even so, I don't plan to tape the new chart over my board, for the reasons I mentioned. I will just keep it with the board to refer to if I need it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #265  
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes. Im a numbers kind of gal. Thanks for being patient with me! I can't help being excited no. Matter which board i get!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #266  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
I tried mine last night and wow-that is so easy!! Thanks, Bugga, for the new specs for A2 size. They came out perfect!! And I got rid of some old paper that I know I'll never use (I have to confess-I threw away that 3.5" strip that I cut off).

eta: I got the old board. The board did come with a sticker for metric so it would be nice if we could get a real sticker (glossy and all that) for the new US measurements.
Oh good, Gale. So glad you like it. And I have to confess, I am such a "hoarder" that I can't throw away those strips, lol. I usually cut them in half and keep them by my phone to jot messages on.

It always amazes me that I live in a "sea of paper", and I can never find something to write on when I need it. I end up writing numbers on the back of envelopes from bills left on the kitchen table, or even in the margins of my daily newspaper that is sitting there.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #267  
Stazon Splitcoast

Really what my new little buddy to show up......insert foot tap here......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #268  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
I like that idea. Maybe I'll save them up and when I get a good pile, staple the end and keep them by the computer and the phone. Most of the ones i used last night were that shiny paper so they wouldn't have been too good for scratch paper anyway.

Oh also, if they're left long they could be used for grocery lists. Even though I have apps for that, I usually end up just writing a list.
Yes, great for grocery lists. When you "lose" them in your purse, the pattern paper really shows up!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #269  
Stazon Splitcoast

So no decorative bands at the bottom of the card to marry it to the envelope?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #270  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
So no decorative bands at the bottom of the card to marry it to the envelope?
If I was using the same paper for a card, and then matching the envie, I probably would tie them together.

I plan on making lots of envelopes to use up that stuff in the paper packs I've not used for my cards. My motto for day in, day out envelopes is that any pattern is more exciting inside an envelope than plain white.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #271  
Insane Embellisher

"I just watched his "fix" on the video. I printed out the new revised chart, and unless you are great at resizing PDF's, it prints quite a bit larger than the chart on the board. I placed it over the chart on my board, and it covered up the chart, and also some other printing on the board. As printed, it also extended nearly to the groove on the right side where you score."

I thought I was quoting the above person but I see it didn't work. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I printed it out and it's definitely bigger than the chart on the board. How do you get it to print at the correct size?

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #272  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenBinPaView Post

I thought I was quoting the above person but I see it didn't work. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I printed it out and it's definitely bigger than the chart on the board. How do you get it to print at the correct size?

Karen
Karen, I was the one that said the chart printed out too big. I printed it just as it shows on the PDF. What I did "wrong" was I included the dark border area around the chart when I was citing the measurements of what I printed out.

When I trimmed the border, the chart as printed turns out to be the same size as the one on the original boards.

I didn't do anything to change it when I printed it. Just went to the chart and clicked print on my computer.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #273  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Karen, I was the one that said the chart printed out too big. I printed it just as it shows on the PDF. What I did "wrong" was I included the dark border area around the chart when I was citing the measurements of what I printed out.

When I trimmed the border, the chart as printed turns out to be the same size as the one on the original boards.

I didn't do anything to change it when I printed it. Just went to the chart and clicked print on my computer.
I would hope they just would send everyone out one that requests it similar to the one that came with the board in the other measurements.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 01:14 AM   #274  
Insane Embellisher

Do you leave any of the grey border? If I cut off all of the grey border, mine is too small. I guess my printer isn't very good, either, as it just doesn't seem to print out in a nice, crisp, sharp image. I"m struggling a bit to read the numbers easily. Or, could be my eyes are getting old. LOL!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 07:31 AM   #275  
Glitter Queen

What did I miss? What strips are you all talking about saving?

I STILL LOVE MY OLD FLAWED BOARD!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #276  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorac813View Post
What did I miss? What strips are you all talking about saving?

I STILL LOVE MY OLD FLAWED BOARD!
When you trim 12 x 12 paper to make the squares for the envelopes, there are pretty good sized strips of pattern paper left over. All of us "hoarders" are talking about what to use the scraps for.

PS I still love my board, too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #277  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenBinPaView Post
Do you leave any of the grey border? If I cut off all of the grey border, mine is too small. I guess my printer isn't very good, either, as it just doesn't seem to print out in a nice, crisp, sharp image. I"m struggling a bit to read the numbers easily. Or, could be my eyes are getting old. LOL!
Karen
Karen, I'm not really very computer/tech savvy, but the only suggestion I would have is to look at the "properties" section on your printer page when you get ready to print. At least that's what it's called on my printer, which is a Canon. There should be a button for "sizes" or something like that.

Mine has a button that says "actual size", and then several others, like "shrink to fit", etc. Be sure your printer is set to print "actual size" and that you have checked that button.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #278  
Glitter Queen

Okay, I get it thank you. My hoardering (is that a word) is out of control with all my scraps. Actualling we are redoing my craft room (Woman Cave) now. I have boxes of scraps. I had a bunch of empty white boxes from paper that I've used for scraps. Since they are white, they don't look so great anymore so I have to think of something else. Maybe there is a conversation on this site about how you store your paper scraps. I will look. I save really small pieces of paper 'cause you never know....

LMB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #279  
Matboard Maniac

Mine's "out for delivery", so I'll be adhering the print of the corrected measurement chart once I see about the fit. I plan report back about my findings once I've played a bit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #280  
Proud Fan Club Member

I hope everyone is still here posting when mine finally arrives, mid to late April!!
Reply With Quote Likes