Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cuttlebug and Archivers Letter Press

Has ANYONE found the answer if Cuttlebug machine works with the Letterpress? If so... what is the combo to make it work. Archievers lady told me it would work no problem.... I haven't been able to figure it out. Halp!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

here is a cuttlebug faq thread in tools and products.
if you can't find an answer just post your question and someone should be able to help you out.
Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 04:52 PM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

Thanks Leslie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 05:04 PM   #4  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Cuttlebug and Letterpress...

I emailed both Provo Craft (makers of Cuttlebug) and Letterpress to get response of these two will work together. I will post here when I get a response. ~ Holly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to hear the reply. My local Archivers hasn't been much help and no one has been able to try it (and won't for that matter). I even volunteered to bring in my cuttlebug.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 05:36 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

There is a thread about this from a while back when it first came out. It does work but there are some quality issues that Quickutz is aware of and trying to improve (like the letterplates cracking after only a few uses). I had one and returned it for this reason. I wasn't getting the results I hoped for and I decided to not stock them in my store for this reason as well. If I wasn't getting good results, I didn't want my customers to be disappointed.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 07:09 AM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

Response from Letterpress company.....

Hello Ladies.. this is the exact email that I received this morning from Letterpress:

Holly,

Thank you for your message. While the Letterpress tool is designed for optimal use with the Epic Six tool, the Letterpress should be able to operate with the Cuttlebug� tool as well. Please note, however, that while the Letterpress may be operated with other select manufacturer's tools, QuicKutz cannot support products manufactured by other companies and is not responsible for any potential damage caused by using other products with our company's tools. We do not have any videos on how to use the Letterpress with the Cuttlebug. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

The Lifestyle Crafts Team
www.lifestylecraft.com

And there you have it..... they dont have any support ideas how to use it with Cuttlebug, and they want us to buy their product only.. (big surprise).

Hope this helps.. Holly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 08:33 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Here's a (visual) how-to with the Big Shot - I know it doesn't answer your question directly, but still lots of good info as far as "making it work." I keep debating about the Letterpress plates, but am forcing myself to use what I have in the meantime

http://indigoinklings.blogspot.com/2...-printing
Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times. Romans 12:12 (NCV)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 01:59 PM   #9  
Embossing Fanatic

Talking RESPONSE FROM PROVOCRAFT (CUDDLEBUG)

Below is the message from the makers of the Cuddlebug : I looked on the list she referenced but did not see the letterpress information I was looking for. I emailed her again asking the gal from provocraft and am awaiting her second response.

Hi Holly

Thank you for contacting us.
To see what die cut templates go together...Go to www.provocraft.com / Products/ click on the picture of the Cuttlebug/downloads/Sandwich stack matrix
Hope this is helpful information

Make it a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2010, 06:27 PM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Response From Provocraft

Ladies,

This is the message I have been waiting for using the Letterpress system and Cuttlebug.......

Hi Holly,

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately we do not have any information on the Letterpress. You may want to compare the thickness of the letter press to other brands and use the stack matrix that way. Your guess would be better then ours at this time, because you actually have the dies. I would also refer you to look at your user manual for the different stacking.

To see what die cut templates go together...Go to www.provocraft.com / Products/ click on the picture of the Cuttlebug/downloads/Sandwich stack matrix

Hope this is helpful information

Make it a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 09:37 AM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

I found this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCnqtWVz6h0 but it looks too good to be true lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 09:41 AM   #12  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A friend of mine and SCS Member was told that she could NOT use her Cuttlebug with the Letter press stuff.

Because the pressure in the cuttlebug was to much and would make the letter press inking messy looking.

I know we both tried using the Cuttlbug machine with her Letter Press stuff.

Our results were bad. No even printing. hit and miss.

So I think they you might have to get the letter press machine in order for it to work correctly.

I'm NOT a expert on this subject...Just know from doing.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #13  
Embossing Fanatic

Thank you so much for your imput. I guess it was too good to be true.. the gals at Archievers should not sell a product without full knowledge of how to and I... should not have been so stupid to buy into it. Thanks for your information. I really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 04:20 PM   #14  
Embossing Fanatic

Red face

Michelle,

Thanks so much for the link and video. As I told another gal... I should have used more common sense and not been so anxious to buy the lp without full knowledge of how it works. The gals at Archievers should have known fully how to do it as well.. . my bad... but thank you nonetheless... I appreciate very much your reply.

Holly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2010, 07:31 AM   #15  
Kookie Creator

I've successfully used the LP with my Cuttlebug a number of times.

No matter what die machine you use it with - even the Epic 6, the one it's made for - it'll take some trial and error to good prints. It just doesn't happen right out of the box; there's a bit of a learning curve.

Boxcar Press, among the most-respected letterpress companies, has a great tutorial and tips for getting the best prints you can from the L Let. http://boxcarpress.com/us/blog/2009/...-boxcar-press/

I review it on my site and give some tips and resources: http://www.diybride.com/2009/12/15/d...rpress-review/ and
http://www.diybride.com/2009/11/24/d...ess-resources/

I hope that helps!

Reply With Quote Likes