Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-27-2020, 08:24 AM   #81  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Shot Switch

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
New electric die cutting machine. Pros and cons for me, albeit with limited info:
Pros
- accommodates 6” and 9” plates. (C’mon, Gemini - come out with 9” plates!)
- white (no Barney purple stripes)
Cons
- must keep your finger on a button while cutting. (Geminis don’t have a button - just “present” the sandwich to the machine.)
- large (l like the slimness of the Geminis; fit nicely on a desk corner)

A video solely about the machine doesn’t show it die cutting, so didn’t include. Fast forward to 2:00 in the following one to see it in action: 

I watched the video and she only placed her hand on the machine to reverse the platform. She said it's an automatic feed. I have been waiting for someone to come out with this because I have so many thick dies. I'm definitely going to wait until Black Friday to see if they'll lower the price because 259$ is steep! Hopefully Crafter's Companion won't sue them over the technology. It sure looks similar to what they have on their line-up of machines. Here's a closer look:

Last edited by urmysanctuary; 01-27-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: Adding another video about Sizzix Big Shot Switch
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2020, 10:41 AM   #82  
Matboard Maniac

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by grateful2bsavedView Post
Why, why, whhhhhyyyyyyy do I read these threads and then go and watch the videos???! I do not NEED more things that I "just can't live without"! I would have been perfectly happy not knowing these things exist. Now, they're calling my name, over and over .... Tim Holtz new inks, blower, cat stamp set, embossing glazes, embossing dauber, Stickles gel, some shimmery CS, a couple little tools ... Out of everything, at the very top of my list, something I TRULY need are some of the storage tins for Distress Oxide inks. The rest, I actually hope  my memory fails me and I can forget I saw them. I still have stuff from years ago I haven't cracked open or touched yet. lol

I got bins for my DOX in the containter store. the're clear, long & narrow (abt 16x4?) and i can stack 5 x5 rows in them & bec. theyre clear i can see my colored labels from the outside
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2020, 08:24 AM   #83  
Stampin' Fool

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

There are so many things I wanted from Creativation, BUT!  Like others, I have many things I've bought because I watched someone's YouTube video and then I've never used them.

I'm waiting to see someone demo the Embossing Glazes -- they're probably wonderful, but I need convincing -- I've got clear embossing powder and UTEE already.

I've been waiting for a toner ink pad for YEARS.  The deciding factor for me is that I was thinking of getting a Glimmer machine because I love the results -- but I have SO MANY tools already, and after I buy the machine, I have to buy the special dies.  I've already got hundreds of sentiment stamps especially I'd love to foil -- so if I use the toner ink pad, I'm fine with spending a day stamping to get the most use out of it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2020, 08:31 AM   #84  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelanHelenView Post
There are so many things I wanted from Creativation, BUT!  Like others, I have many things I've bought because I watched someone's YouTube video and then I've never used them.

I'm waiting to see someone demo the Embossing Glazes -- they're probably wonderful, but I need convincing -- I've got clear embossing powder and UTEE already.

I've been waiting for a toner ink pad for YEARS.  The deciding factor for me is that I was thinking of getting a Glimmer machine because I love the results -- but I have SO MANY tools already, and after I buy the machine, I have to buy the special dies.  I've already got hundreds of sentiment stamps especially I'd love to foil -- so if I use the toner ink pad, I'm fine with spending a day stamping to get the most use out of it.

I’m addicted to heat embossing though tend to go simple (white or clear over any color) or metallic (sometimes multiple layers to look like metal). But I’m all over these new translucent powders. In case you haven’t seen it yet, here’s one of the videos of Tim demo-ing them. Not to enable anyone. :rolleyes:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2020, 09:06 AM   #85  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

You can use regular dies with the foiling machines, Jennifer McGuire has videos. The results are a little different, but look great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2020, 09:20 AM   #86  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Quote:

I've been waiting for that ink pad too! But, I moved on to the Glimmer Machine. I got tired of waiting. I LOOOVE the Glimmer Machine! AND remember, the ink pad dries out QUICKLY, so keep that in mind! You'll have to replace the pad too.... I watched Heidi's Video at Creativation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2020, 01:31 PM   #87  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 846 Likes on 279 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mphbView Post

Not disparaging this very young kid (16), but Ranger, Gina K and whoever else seem to be using him to draw in younger crafters. For me, he simply has no credibility in this industry...I've been stamping longer than he's been alive! So exactly what has "he" done that's been amazing in the industry? He's supposed to be in high school being a "kid"! Lots of time left to be in the adult world.

Just a thought...maybe he graduated early. Also, how does one developing credibility? I would think by putting themselves out there and offering good products. IMO there should be no age restrictions on commerce. If you have some good ideas, why not implement them? I'm sure Simon has a legal team/protectors to make sure he isn't taken advantage of. I like the fact that professional paper crafters are mentoring him. I have a feeling he'll break out on his own in a few years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2020, 08:00 AM   #88  
Stampin' Fool

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry not to quote anyone -- my tablet is being difficult. Bjeans, thanks for the Tim Holtz link with him demoing the embossing glazes-- I saw that video and was interested, but Tim's style is fun but not my style, so I'm waiting to see how other people use it. Tlady, cool about your Glimmer machine! I know about the short window with the toner ink pad, but it will give me a chance to get new use out of stamps I already have, so it's worth it to me to dedicate a few hours to stamping with it. I'm sure I'll still get a Glimmer one of these days!

Last edited by MelanHelen; 02-08-2020 at 08:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2020, 09:49 AM   #89  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mphbView Post

Not disparaging this very young kid (16), but Ranger, Gina K and whoever else seem to be using him to draw in younger crafters. For me, he simply has no credibility in this industry...I've been stamping longer than he's been alive! So exactly what has "he" done that's been amazing in the industry? He's supposed to be in high school being a "kid"! Lots of time left to be in the adult world.

I agree.  Again, not disparaging him, but I don't get what's so amazing about him either.  A Ranger Signature Designer?  Really???  I think he's being supported and pushed through the ranks by some influential people in the industry.

Last edited by Scrapjanny; 02-08-2020 at 09:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2020, 09:30 AM   #90  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Joggles has all the new Ranger Creativation items. That means Alloys and Embossing Glazes for me - a few of each. Normally Joggles ships the day of the order if it’s in before 2:00 - and shipping is very cheap. But she warned in today’s quick video going through all of the products that it will likely take longer but they’ll do the best they can. 

Reminder that according to Tim the Alloys need either blending solution or alcohol inks to bind to. Just alcohol won’t do it. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2020, 04:18 PM   #91  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Thanks for the tip Beth. I grabbed the new AIs, alloys and deco art Extreme sheen paints in the metals. I am hoping the sterling and 14K golds are as hyper shiny as they seem. Those are 25% off right now. Oh and one Stickles gel-the black one.
Funny I had just put the AIs and alloys into my wishlist at Ranger for whom it is still listed as "coming soon"! Plus Joggles gives us a 15% discount on most things.

I have liked Joggles for years. Heck I even like the name lol. Do we know the origin of it?
Reply With Quote Likes