Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Do you wish they would offer In Colors all the time?
I like the In Color concept.(available for 1 Year) 138 55.20%
I wish they were permanant colors. 112 44.80%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2007, 04:37 AM   #41  
Die Cut Diva

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Check out my post with substitutions:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2007, 11:53 AM   #42  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm never going to be able to get the paper I love forever. I get stuff in the LSS or online and use it and I can't get it anymore. It's like that with any consumable.

If I like it I buy it and use it. If using it means it's gone, then it's gone. I like the idea of them changing every year so we can get some new, updated colors but they don't really fool with the basic 48. That REALLY pisses people off LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2007, 12:11 AM   #43  
Stampin' Fool

I have found that in the 10 years I have been stamping my own "in colors" have changed. I have SU pads that I used like crazy for awhile that now sit unused in my color caddy. My own personal tastes change all the time so it doesn't bother me that the In Colors are only available for a year. By the time I run out I will have found something else to replace them.

My teeny, tiny, someday it might be a GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2007, 05:37 AM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

The only "in color" that I truly fell in love with was the cranberry crisp. I stocked up on it - with intentions of using it for winter/Christmas cards again in the future (just used it this past year for my cards).

I haven't seen any of the "new" colors "up close & personal" yet. Although I am thinking the pomegranate and the wasabi look pretty cool in the catalog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2007, 07:12 AM   #45  
Stampin' Fool

I guess I don't get attached. Pink is pink, you know? If I like it, good, if not, oh well. There is always another pink.... or whatever...

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2007, 02:27 AM   #46  
Kookie Creator

I think it's fun to try out the new colours. This year I bought one of each colour in both the cardstock and the ink pads, plus the 12 x 12 assorted. I also preordered the Soft Sky designer paper. It's really a refreshing tonic to play with these fresh, new colours. It's a burst of excitement and delight. I like the way that the catalogue shows us ways that the colours work together with each other and with other colour families.

I'm really looking forward to creating things with both the western palette and look, and with the Tapestry patterns and palettes.

It's really exciting to step up to new challenges and delights.

The Soft Sky Designer Paper is such a delight to work with that I'll be ordering more of it. I'd also like to order the Designer Paper in the Blue Bayou. The Soft Sky is also one I'll order more of this year, since I can tell it's one I'll use often.

This year I'll be using the Soft Sky and Blue Bayou and an angel image for my Christmas cards. I can't wait to see how they come together.

Just using the new colours gets the energy flowing. I take an existing layout that appeals to me and change it to the new colours and Voila! a whole new take on things. So much fun. I'm enjoying this year's colours even more than last year's.

So jump in and enjoy it! Next year a whole new game awaits.

Happy Stampin'
Honey Bee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2007, 04:07 AM   #47  
Embossing Fanatic

Smile

An interesting issue. I've gone back and forth about the "In Color" approach. I've decided I like it. It's nice to have something new occasionally, as long as the the major color families are stable and enable us to maintain the bulk of the materials we use on a regular basis. A smaller temporary palette is just an option. I didn't get last year's specialty colors, but I really like the new ones and will get 3 or 4 ink pads. When they run out, they run out. There will be always be something new. ;)

It is a shame about not being able to get the paper to go with the ink, though (or visa versa.) That would really annoy me, and I never thought of it. So, I guess I won't be ordering any "in color" stuff later in a cycle! Thanks for mentioning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2007, 08:31 PM   #48  
Stampin' Fool

I like that because of the IN Colors, they havent retired any colors from the regular list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2007, 06:43 AM   #49  
Glitter Queen

I "think" that this year I will only buy the paper, and use versamark and other coordinating ink pads. That way I've only invested in the paper, and can use my $$ for stamps.
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2007, 08:36 AM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

I like the new colors and the ability to "match" what's hot in society right now. I do wish SU made it easier to buy -- maybe offer a discounted "In Color Kit" that had all the inks and papers in addition to letting you select each individually.
Reply With Quote Likes