Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-26-2014, 09:26 AM   #321  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeenny2010View Post
I had to put a new tape on my ATG the other day ,it is backwards wrong side tried everything just wasted tape so i am using it without the gun & it is a pain :( cheerd
Don't know if I can explain easily in words, but I've found the tape isn't really on the wrong side when that happens. When you start to unwind the roll to load it, be really careful, and watch to be sure that the "sticky" stays stuck to the correct side of the paper. Sometimes, if you get it started off wrong, the sticky part will stick to the wrong side at first, and then it keeps going that way.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2014, 02:13 AM   #322  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeenny2010View Post
I had to put a new tape on my ATG the other day ,it is backwards wrong side tried everything just wasted tape so i am using it without the gun & it is a pain :( cheerd
This can be remedied. Call 3M and they will tell you how.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2014, 09:20 AM   #323  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in Australia, i am able to use it without the gun so it isnt a total loss ,i am hoping to get a new tape soon if i have a problem i can take it back to the shop as for the other tape i think i got it online at Amazon but not 100% sure:( thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2014, 11:05 PM   #324  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I'm finding that I'm having a bit of a problem with my ATG tape. I use the 3M acid-free 1/4" refills. As I look through cards that I've done in the past months, getting them ready to ship to the States, I'm finding that the tape isn't holding. Especially on the corners of box cards. If the card is CAS or minimum amount of layers it does fine, but overall almost all of my cards are coming undone. :( I'm incredibly disturbed by this. I've ordered my tape from different stores, so it isn't the batch.
Any one else have this problem?
Take time to do what makes your soul happy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2014, 08:13 AM   #325  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by aislinnshannaraView Post
I'm finding that I'm having a bit of a problem with my ATG tape. I use the 3M acid-free 1/4" refills. As I look through cards that I've done in the past months, getting them ready to ship to the States, I'm finding that the tape isn't holding. Especially on the corners of box cards. If the card is CAS or minimum amount of layers it does fine, but overall almost all of my cards are coming undone. :( I'm incredibly disturbed by this. I've ordered my tape from different stores, so it isn't the batch.
Any one else have this problem?
I haven't had this problem with ATG tape. The only think I can think of is that you may not be "burnishing" the edges firmly enough for the tape to hold when you make the cards.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2014, 02:52 PM   #326  
Stazon Splitcoast

If you want to "quickly burnish" and there isn't dimension on the card (heck I have done it when there is dimension and it only flattens it a little) put the card, flat, through a manual diecutting machine with clean plates. The pressure will burnish the whole card. Works best with flat cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2014, 03:34 AM   #327  
Mad Swapper

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Disappointed in Tape Depot

I just bought a huge order from the Tape Depot and the roll keeps slipping off of my gun! The last order never did this. I looked at the spool from the old roll and the new one and it seems like this is the problem. Spindles look weak and bent. I can't even get the new ones to seat right and I never had that problem before. This is happening in both of my guns and my pink one is only a few months old so I don't think it is a "gunk" issue. I made the shim which seems to have fixed the issue. I emailed the Tape Depot and never got a response. Is this a case of, "You get what you pay for" or does this happen with other company's tape, too?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2015, 08:58 AM   #328  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Tape Depot

I've always had that happen when buying the off brand tape; I just use a shim. I still buy the off brand because it's more cost effective for making cards. I use the 3M for my scrapbooks and other keepsakes.

http://darlenemcg.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2015, 03:55 AM   #329  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a bulk order from the Tape Depot as well, but quickly learned that is wound up differently on the gun than the 3M brand (gold).... its reverse wound. I took a picture before I removed the tape so that I can remember how to wind it on the spools with new rolls.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2015, 10:42 PM   #330  
Glitter Guru

Received 862 Likes on 513 Posts

Might have to try using a shim! The core on my tape was bent also, and it drove me nuts having to keep opening the atg gun to push it back in place. Tried an older roll where the core was rounder; no problems at all. Thanks for the tips!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2015, 04:42 AM   #331  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks SOOO Much for posting this!! I ordered from Tape Depot- and yep-looked pretty messed upp-but this video sure helped!!! yeahhh!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2015, 01:36 PM   #332  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,296 Likes on 2,483 Posts

For a shim, I use one of the ends of an empty roll of SU ribbon. The core is the perfect size! I put one of each of my ATG's just to help the roll stay on.

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2015, 07:54 AM   #333  
Cardstock Collector

Does anyone know if the ATG 714 gun has been discontinued by the manufacturer? It seems most places I have looked for it, it says "unavailable." The only places I can find it are extremely expensive. I don't want to buy one if the refills will stop being made.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 12:12 PM   #334  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by amcbetsyView Post
Does anyone know if the ATG 714 gun has been discontinued by the manufacturer? It seems most places I have looked for it, it says "unavailable." The only places I can find it are extremely expensive. I don't want to buy one if the refills will stop being made.
You can find one on Amazon for around $60., which is what I paid for my red one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 01:04 AM   #335  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

Quote:

Even if this particular model has been discontinued (I really can't believe they'd do that), they still have a model that holds two tape sizes and 1/4" is one of them. So, it's very likely IMO that the 1/4" tape will continue to be available. I love my ATG!

I know I paid $50 or $60 for my first but I lucked into a sale on Overstock for the second. I think that was around $20. I bought the 2nd one after I dropped the first and broke off the cover. But I taped it on and it still works just fine. Having two works really well, except when they both need tape refills at the same time.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2015, 04:59 AM   #336  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

I found that both Joann and Michaels don't have the tape anymore. I checked Joann on-line and it was available; so I ordered 6 packs. I just got an e-mail from them saying that it is no longer available. What's with that? That ATG is the best tape runner is the best one I've ever had. BTW, the Nature Valley almond bars I loved are not available either. Why does that always happen? You find something you love, and they stop making it! :confused::confused::confused:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2015, 07:52 AM   #337  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Okay. I e-mailed the customer service department at 3M asking about the ATG tape. This is the response I received:

" . . . We appreciate your interest in our Scotch(R) Advanced Tape Gliders. 3M is not discontinuing these products, sometimes backorders can occur with certain products while more stock is being manufactured. 3M is not discontinuing these products. We apologize for any difficulty you have experienced while trying to find these products. . . ."

There was more in the e-mail, but it appears that this product has NOT been discontinued. Let's hope it's back in the stores soon! I've been to 3 different Michaels, 2 Joann, and a Hobby Lobby looking for it in the past week and a half.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2015, 12:02 PM   #338  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just got an email from Tape Depot. If you use the code TAPE4MOM at checkout you get 10% off. Here is a link to the ATG tape I use. If you order 12 rolls, it is $26.64, $2.22 per roll with free shipping:

Scrapbook Tape - Reverse Wound Transfer - ATG-7502

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2015, 11:17 PM   #339  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220View Post
Even if this particular model has been discontinued (I really can't believe they'd do that), they still have a model that holds two tape sizes and 1/4" is one of them. So, it's very likely IMO that the 1/4" tape will continue to be available. I love my ATG!

I know I paid $50 or $60 for my first but I lucked into a sale on Overstock for the second. I think that was around $20. I bought the 2nd one after I dropped the first and broke off the cover. But I taped it on and it still works just fine. Having two works really well, except when they both need tape refills at the same time.
Now I am really confused. What is the difference between the 714 and the 085- both hold 1/4 inch tape, but there is a huge price difference between the guns and the tape. They have the same amount of tape on the rolls, but have different names. The 085 is called a Glider. Is the adhesive better on the 714? I can't find any explanation on the website of the difference. I found the 085 gun for only ten dollars with free shipping! If it is as good as the pricier 714, I will buy it! But I want to know for sure. My whole reason for wanting this is because the Tombow does not hold anything very long in my climate, so I want to get the right one!! But there is a huge price difference!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2015, 04:18 AM   #340  
Cardstock Collector

wow- heard back from the company already! The only difference between the ATG 714 and the 085 is the holder itself. AND the price. The 714 is substantially more money. They use the exact same tape. The 714 (any color) is a stronger made, more heavy duty model intended for industrial use. The 085 (any color) is geared for home use, and is not quite as heavy duty as the 714. That is great, because the 085 is much more affordable, and that is what I will start with. If I find I am too klutzy and drop it and break it, I will re-evaluate as to whether I should invest in the 714!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2015, 08:13 AM   #341  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

wow- heard back from the company already! The only difference between the ATG 714 and the 085 is the holder itself. AND the price. The 714 is substantially more money. They use the exact same tape. The 714 (any color) is a stronger made, more heavy duty model intended for industrial use. The 085 (any color) is geared for home use, and is not quite as heavy duty as the 714. That is great, because the 085 is much more affordable, and that is what I will start with. If I find I am too klutzy and drop it and break it, I will re-evaluate as to whether I should invest in the 714!
I don't know why they call the inexpensive one "the Glider.". It is really the same gun as the more expensive gun and works the same way. I agree, it is not as sturdily made, and probably would not hold up to heavy use, like in a framing shop.

I got the more expensive model first, and the gears inside finally broke inside it, so I got the other one they call the Glider. It was on sale at Overstock, I think, and cost about $14 at the time, with a couple of rolls of tape. I've been using it for a couple of years, and I make quite a few cards. It's holding up fine.

They both use exactly the same tape, and you can get different brands/prices of tape in the right size for the gun. I usually get my tape from Tape Depot, 12 rolls at a time on Ebay, and it comes out to a little over $2 a roll. There is a "Scotch" brand tape that is acid free, I think, and it costs quite a bit more. I don't care about acid free for my cards, as I don't expect them to need to last for years and years, like photos in a scrapbook.

PS I just noticed I already posted a link for the tape, in the post above.

Last edited by buggainok; 06-09-2015 at 08:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2015, 11:53 AM   #342  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just a thought.... wouldn't it be awesome if they made dot tape???? It is my general preference in the small runners.

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2015, 06:14 AM   #343  
Compulsive Stamper

Hello Everyone,

I am in need of ATG Tape. It seems like Tape Depot is very highly recommended. I have went to the site and I see the large quantity price. Do anyone know if they offer smaller quantities?

If smaller quantities are not offered at Tape Depot, which seller would you recommend?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2015, 07:57 PM   #344  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craft PrincessView Post
Hello Everyone,

I am in need of ATG Tape. It seems like Tape Depot is very highly recommended. I have went to the site and I see the large quantity price. Do anyone know if they offer smaller quantities?

If smaller quantities are not offered at Tape Depot, which seller would you recommend?
I always order 12 rolls from Tape Depot or various sellers on ebay, because I get a cheaper price that way. I do use my ATG gun a lot, so it gets used up quicker than you might think.

If you just want a couple of rolls, you could probably find them at Michaels and use a coupon. Most of the online sellers offer at least 6 rolls and more often 12.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2015, 07:58 AM   #345  
Cardstock Collector

I have looked everywhere and I hope that one of you wonderful ladies can help me. I am wondering if the purple wide width advanced tape glider can ALSO use 1/4 inch tape. I know it takes 1/2 inch, but can you use the smaller tape in it also? My ATG50 died and I am looking for a replacement and can get this one for only $10 but I use 1/4 inch tape and not 1/2. Will the 1/4 in work also in the purple atg gun? Please help! I have literally spent 3 or 4 hours searching the internet with no luck! Anyone own this and can help? Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2015, 07:59 AM   #346  
Cardstock Collector

I saw a dot tape ATG gun on ebay just yesterday....so somewhere they do make it! I'll have to see if I can find it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2015, 09:14 AM   #347  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by hope9811View Post
I have looked everywhere and I hope that one of you wonderful ladies can help me. I am wondering if the purple wide width advanced tape glider can ALSO use 1/4 inch tape. I know it takes 1/2 inch, but can you use the smaller tape in it also? My ATG50 died and I am looking for a replacement and can get this one for only $10 but I use 1/4 inch tape and not 1/2. Will the 1/4 in work also in the purple atg gun? Please help! I have literally spent 3 or 4 hours searching the internet with no luck! Anyone own this and can help? Thanks so much!
Here's another alternative. 7 Kids College Fund has the pink ATG on sale for only $21.99, free shipping, and you get 2 rolls of tape!

PINK ADVANCED TAPE GLIDER from Scotch 3M

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2015, 10:01 AM   #348  
Matboard Maniac

Is the pink ATG tape gun the same one you can get at Michael's, or ACMoore, or Joann's? Would probably be cheaper with a coupon at any of those stores if they are near where you live.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2015, 03:06 AM   #349  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hope9811View Post
I don't think so. I believe you would need an adapter for it. Have you emailed the company? They should be able to help you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2016, 09:02 AM   #350  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Will this adhesive work?

Hi folks, I wanted to know if these refills would work in the ATG Pink tape gun. TIA.

JVCC ATG-7502 ATG Tape [Acid Neutral] at FindTape.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2016, 12:55 PM   #351  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbbyRose1995View Post
Hi folks, I wanted to know if these refills would work in the ATG Pink tape gun. TIA.

Only the 1/4" wide tape works in the pink gun. The 3/8" works in other models, but not the pink one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2016, 01:43 PM   #352  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
Only the 1/4" wide tape works in the pink gun. The 3/8" works in other models, but not the pink one.
I'm going to order the 1/4" one... thanks so much! Get this the Gun itself is cheaper through Amazon than at Hobby Lobby... geez...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2016, 02:09 PM   #353  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I'm going to order the 1/4" one... thanks so much! Get this the Gun itself is cheaper through Amazon than at Hobby Lobby... geez...
I just looked at Amazon! About $20 for the gun and 2 rolls of tape is a good deal!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2016, 09:22 AM   #354  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

tapejumgle.com has ATG tape 15% off!!

Use Coupon Code: TAPELOVE for 15% off all ATG Tape
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2016, 05:39 PM   #355  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

According to their website, it looks like they don't have a generic tape that will fit the pink gun only Scotch brand (908 and 924). (Look under Product Description for the chart.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2016, 06:36 AM   #356  
Compulsive Stamper

I will admit that I didn't read through all 9 pages of this thread, so if I am asking a question that has already been answered, please point me in the right direction.

My ATG is about 6 months old and I have noticed that it has started to squeak as the tape is applied. I am still on my first roll of tap, about 3/4 of the way done with it. For the life of me, I can't remember what I've done with the instructions.

Is there a method to cleaning/lubricating the ATG? I know that I would want to rub off any accumulated tape. Would that take care of the squeak?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 02:05 AM   #357  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandaszooView Post
I will admit that I didn't read through all 9 pages of this thread, so if I am asking a question that has already been answered, please point me in the right direction.

My ATG is about 6 months old and I have noticed that it has started to squeak as the tape is applied. I am still on my first roll of tap, about 3/4 of the way done with it. For the life of me, I can't remember what I've done with the instructions.

Is there a method to cleaning/lubricating the ATG? I know that I would want to rub off any accumulated tape. Would that take care of the squeak?
It might be the weight and/or tension of the used strip. You can always take most of that off, just leave enough length to rethread it on the takeup reel.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2016, 07:06 AM   #358  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadiejane929View Post
I just bought a huge order from the Tape Depot and the roll keeps slipping off of my gun! The last order never did this. I looked at the spool from the old roll and the new one and it seems like this is the problem. Spindles look weak and bent. I can't even get the new ones to seat right and I never had that problem before. This is happening in both of my guns and my pink one is only a few months old so I don't think it is a "gunk" issue. I made the shim which seems to have fixed the issue. I emailed the Tape Depot and never got a response. Is this a case of, "You get what you pay for" or does this happen with other company's tape, too?
I ordered some of the off brand tape from a different supplier and had the same issue. The shim worked but not that great. I finally put the new rolls, still wrapped in the plastic, under some weight for a few days and it solved all my issues, so now, I do that until I'm ready to use it. All my tape is working just fine in my ATG!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2016, 07:38 AM   #359  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sew It SeamsView Post
I ordered some of the off brand tape from a different supplier and had the same issue. The shim worked but not that great. I finally put the new rolls, still wrapped in the plastic, under some weight for a few days and it solved all my issues, so now, I do that until I'm ready to use it. All my tape is working just fine in my ATG!
Thanks for the idea, I will try this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2016, 12:43 PM   #360  
Matboard Maniac

I have had a ATG for years. When the rolls are getting low, there always seems to be a squeak. Probably something to do with the uptake roll working hard. But it doesn't seem to be an issue.
Reply With Quote Likes