Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-22-2008, 07:43 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help

I hope someone out there has an answer. I still classify as a newbie, and even though I have edited the contrast to get my photo to look more like the card, when I upload - the photo looks a little washed out. If you want to see what I mean - my last upload was SC168 - Dragonfly. What am I doing wrong - I figure it must be me as I see others that look very nice. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Dru
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2008, 07:54 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I don't know what it looked like IRL but it looks good to me. I think some of my posts have come up looking pale, but figured that is just what happens during the upload. So I am no help! Still your card looks great
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2008, 07:55 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: Moving home to Kiwiland sometime soon, I hope! Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada until then.

This is something I struggle with too, and I don't pretend to have a handle on it, but I'm trying.
It does depend on what you use for your camera, I have recently upgraded my camera to a Canon Rebel, but have yet to post anything I've made with it!
It takes far better quality photos otherwise though.
Also, I thought that your photo was a little dark, if anything. Perhaps you'd be better off adjusting the brightness, rather than contrast?
Beate did a quick photo shoot tutorial on her blog a while ago, she always sets up her card in the sunlight with a 12x12 sheet of Whisper White underneath and behind it. She uses a Canon Rebel (as do many SCSers I've seen that take good pictures, which is why I got one), and Photoshop (which I don't have, just a trial version. Most times it works well for me, others it doesn't).
HTH!
Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2008, 08:11 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Default Please Help

Thank you so much for the information - I will definitely will give consideration to everything you 've suggested, and I for sure am going to try the white paper idea. Thanks again, Dru
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 02:56 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: Moving home to Kiwiland sometime soon, I hope! Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada until then.

Another thing I forgot to add was don't use flash in your photos.
I uploaded two tonight, I was pleased with the way they turned out, but I did have to edit the photos to bring up the brightness, and played a little with the contrast and colour saturation. I used the editing software that came with my camera.
Asian Riot by otagogirl at Splitcoaststampers

and

Masculine Sympathy by otagogirl at Splitcoaststampers

Good luck!
Karen.
Reply With Quote Likes