Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-25-2011, 09:07 AM   #161  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sew It SeamsView Post
I have this glue, since I use it on my rubber stamps to use with acrylic blocks!

I'm going to try this! I know when I get that glue on my hands, I have to use Goo Gone to get it off my fingers!

It is VERY adhesive!

I think I'll try wrapping the strips of wax paper around the unused wheels I have since I unmounted my wheels! (I have 10 empty wheels)

P.S. - Goo Gone works great to get the glue off the paint brush I use to paint on the glue on the backs of my bare rubber stamps. HOWEVER, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT use GooGone on your rubber!

The back of the TIO&O bottle says to use alcohol to remove dry glue and oil to remove it from skin.

What I have found to work best for me after painting it on the back of my rubber stamps is rubbing lotion (cheap stuff that I don't really like) on my fingers and into the paint brush that I used, then using soap to wash it off. The lotion is right next to the soap pump in my bathroom so this is quick, easy, and works like a champ! Bonus that it is not as trying to the skin or so harsh on the paintbrush.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2011, 09:32 AM   #162  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by KylaNicoleView Post
I made some on parchment paper, and they took about a day to dry. I don't know if I am doing something wrong, or something, but mine are not very sticky :( They work fine for paper on paper, but if I try to use them for, say, a button, they don't really hold well.

My dd likes them, though, and that right there will save me gobs of money ;) Now I just need to experiment and find out what else I can do with this glue
I was a little disappointed too. However, I do like that they are re-positionable. Now when I use them, at the very end of the card, I apply a bit of the regular tacky glue. This lets me see how the card/project will look in the end, and move things if need be, (also adds a bit of height if that is what I want) and the Tacky makes sure everything holds together well. I don't mind waiting for the Tacky glue to dry because I tend to craft at night, and don't really need them until the next morning or later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2011, 09:37 AM   #163  
Gallery Gazer

I know that this is a little off topic but it is in response to the gals using TIO&O on their stamps. I use Tack & Peel on my block and don't have to paint any of my stamps......it is awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caitlyn JordanView Post
The back of the TIO&O bottle says to use alcohol to remove dry glue and oil to remove it from skin.

What I have found to work best for me after painting it on the back of my rubber stamps is rubbing lotion (cheap stuff that I don't really like) on my fingers and into the paint brush that I used, then using soap to wash it off. The lotion is right next to the soap pump in my bathroom so this is quick, easy, and works like a champ! Bonus that it is not as trying to the skin or so harsh on the paintbrush.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2011, 09:58 AM   #164  
Matboard Maniac

You can't use wax paper, they don't release off that. I use the paper off my ATG gun, that works the best. The other thing that works is the paper from a Xyron but the ATG works better. Mine are VERY sticky, not repositionable at all, I would say even stickier than the bought ones. I wonder what the deal is? Are you using Tack it Over and Over? Remember it has to be that and NOT the TAcky glue.

Oh and I love the Tac-N-Peel on my blocks too. No more messing with the glue and waiting for it to dry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 09:22 AM   #165  
Rubber Obsessor

Here is my two cents worth lol. I made these glue dots but when I went to use them again they were hard and not too sticky so I have up on using them premade and just dot the wet glue from the bottle of Aleene's straight on the spot I need it then allow to dry. Usually its for my bows to be on the cards. It really doesnt take that long to dry maybe 30 mins at the most just lie it flat and wait make another project in the meantime.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #166  
Gallery Gazer

Location: Crazyville USA, but I wouldnt have it any other way !!

Wow cant wait to try this!!
As for me & my house, we will serve the Lord Joshua 24:15
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2011, 09:05 AM   #167  
Glitter Queen

What a great tip! I was thinking about purchasing some Glue Dots but now I think I will hold off. I wonder if any other type of tack would work, might have to try some experimenting...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2011, 04:55 PM   #168  
Rubber Obsessor

what makes this work is that it is stretchy flexable dries clear glue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #169  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarissaATRSView Post
What a great tip! I was thinking about purchasing some Glue Dots but now I think I will hold off. I wonder if any other type of tack would work, might have to try some experimenting...

Scrap happy glue works for this as well. You can also use it to make really really large spots...and we used them for making rosetts. Very cool. We did a little experimenting and found that left over sticker paper and parchment paper were the best. Wax paper was a mess. We even tried it on a ranger mat...that was a mess to clean once they were dry...don't do it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #170  
Embossing Fanatic

Trying this tonight, and will definitely post on my results tomorrow afternoon.
I am putting mine on an empty dimensionals backing, figuring that that will be "slick" enough to keep them easily-removable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 07:42 AM   #171  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemantisView Post
Trying this tonight, and will definitely post on my results tomorrow afternoon.
I am putting mine on an empty dimensionals backing, figuring that that will be "slick" enough to keep them easily-removable.
I used my old paper that the glue dots I bought were on. Worked great but like I said before they got hard and not so sticky if you make them way ahead of time. So I make mine as I need them and just what I need.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2011, 04:50 AM   #172  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybluemoonView Post
I used my old paper that the glue dots I bought were on. Worked great but like I said before they got hard and not so sticky if you make them way ahead of time. So I make mine as I need them and just what I need.
That's funny, mine are months old and still work fine. I have them on the paper from my ATG gun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #173  
Embossing Fanatic

After waiting 24 hours to let them dry:

I had an easy time getting them off the backing, but a hard time getting them to stick to the paper/button/whatever, rather than staying on my finger!
Solution: Stop being an idiot, and press the backing against the paper, transferring the dot without using my hands to touch it.
That made a big difference.

As for how long the "hold" will last, of course, I cannot guess. It is true, however, that they are sticky. I tried pulling an embellishment off (to test), and...not happening, haha.

I used them on buttons that had twine threaded through them (making them not able to lay flat on paper), and although a good yank would get them off, they will NOT be coming off in the mail, which is what I worry about most.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #174  
Glitter Queen

Default glue for dots

does anyone know of a glue available in the uk that could be used to make these dots? sounds like a great idea but we don,t have aileens tack it over and over:-(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #175  
Insane Embellisher

Lisa...the owner of The Rubber Cafe has been known to ship internationally...let me ask her if she'll ship her glue (will do the same as tack it over n over) to the UK and get back to you later this afternoon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 05:29 AM   #176  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa1959View Post
does anyone know of a glue available in the uk that could be used to make these dots? sounds like a great idea but we don,t have aileens tack it over and over:-(
TIO&O is a liquid repositionable glue...not a spray nor a stick. I just did a Google and wasn't able to find any brands of liquid repositionable glues in the UK, but I have an idea there are some. You can give Zig a try...place dots of it on a non-stick surface and allow to dry (it'll be tacky when dry). Then do some testing to see if those dots easily lift from the non-stick surface and are easily applied to the back of an item.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #177  
Compulsive Stamper

I just had to try doing this...got my glue at Michaels last night.. Heard bad reviews on using waxed paper...so I have a roll of the release aluminum foil...cut a strip off and placed different size dots of glue on it...left overnight and it worked like a charm..very sticky so I just put another strip on top to keep them covered....does not stick to the release foil at all....but I think it is best to put the paper to the glue dot and not touch it as it seems to make it a lot less sticky....all in all very happy with the outcome so far....now to use them and see how well they actually work ....
Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful idea...you can get a lot of dots out of that $5.00 bottle of glue!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #178  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelmom916View Post
I just had to try doing this...got my glue at Michaels last night.. Heard bad reviews on using waxed paper...so I have a roll of the release aluminum foil...cut a strip off and placed different size dots of glue on it...left overnight and it worked like a charm..very sticky so I just put another strip on top to keep them covered....does not stick to the release foil at all....but I think it is best to put the paper to the glue dot and not touch it as it seems to make it a lot less sticky....all in all very happy with the outcome so far....now to use them and see how well they actually work ....
Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful idea...you can get a lot of dots out of that $5.00 bottle of glue!!!
As much as possible, avoid touching any PSA (pressure sensitive adhesive)...the oils in your skin greatly affect the stick-a-bility (how's that for a phrase) of those types of adhesive (tape, Glue Dots, DIY Glue Dots, sheets, Xyron, etc.).

And...the oil from your skin also affects how well a liquid adhesive will bond to a surface, especially non-porous surfaces. Sticky stuff doesn't like oil, grease, dust or exessive handling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #179  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Thank you for posting this!! I can't tell you how wonderful I find making my own dots! It has saved me tons of money! I like things to stay put so I tend to use a lot of glue dots...this has been wonderful!! I made a bunch up for two big projects this weekend. Worked like a charm! I used old address label paper, worked great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2011, 05:38 AM   #180  
Kookie Creator

I have my glue dots for SEVERAL months and they are just as sticky as ever...SO much cheaper than buying glue dots, and you can make them in ANY size you want!!

On a side note...mine did turn a "slight" yellow color...not sure why ?? but I would be curious to know if it's just MY dots (hahaha) or if others have noticed this...

Oh well... I will continue making them... I actually enjoy doing so in fact ...have a great day ALL!!!!

Last edited by JoAnney; 03-14-2011 at 05:39 AM.. Reason: spelling correction
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2011, 07:03 AM   #181  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoAnneyView Post
I have my glue dots for SEVERAL months and they are just as sticky as ever...SO much cheaper than buying glue dots, and you can make them in ANY size you want!!

On a side note...mine did turn a "slight" yellow color...not sure why ?? but I would be curious to know if it's just MY dots (hahaha) or if others have noticed this...

Oh well... I will continue making them... I actually enjoy doing so in fact ...have a great day ALL!!!!
Blame the yellow color on the enviornment...it's caused by all the stuff that goes on in a house. Don't worry about it, the 'stickiness' of the glue isn't affected.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2011, 07:31 AM   #182  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftdesignsView Post
Blame the yellow color on the enviornment...it's caused by all the stuff that goes on in a house. Don't worry about it, the 'stickiness' of the glue isn't affected.
You got that right They are 'buggers' to get off your fingernails, if in some way, they 'accidentally' land there rather than on your project...LOL....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2011, 08:06 AM   #183  
Cardstock Collector

Default Very Cool

Very cool, can't wait to try it. Unfortunaly I've already exceeded my monthly supply budget so it's definetly gonna be on next months list ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2011, 08:54 AM   #184  
Inking Addict

The Aileene's Tack-It Over & Over glue that I have is white. Does it come in clear and white?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2011, 12:59 PM   #185  
Rubber Obsessor

Default To Stamper 1943

The Aleene's glue is white in the bottle and when you put it out on the 'whatever' you use to make dots. It goes clear when it's dry. Even if, for some reason, yours didn't, it shouldn't affect the dots stickiness.

Have fun and use that extra money for some other goodies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2011, 06:34 AM   #186  
Rubber Obsessor

Default glue dots

I also use the Alleens tack it over and over glue but found it difficult to get dots off waxed paper so I now always use the little sheets left over from postage stamps or from all the address labels we seem to get in the mail. Much easier to use. Think I use about 50 of these dots a day for various projects. Hope this helps. I like the idea that you can make these dots in any size. Make sure you save enough of the base sheet that you can fold over once dots are dry. Can't tell you how many dots I've gotten on various things when I failed to do this (pens, papers, etc.).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2012, 05:43 AM   #187  
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to Carole4312

Did anyone discover if there is a UK equivalent to aileens over and over doo-dah glue please ?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2012, 06:08 AM   #188  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,073 Likes on 855 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellychickView Post
Here's what I'm thinking...cut long narrow strip of wax paper like about an inch wide...put down some spots, spaced alittle....then have another strip on wax paper the same size...place it over the spots and smash down alittle to make them flat...then just store them with the wax paper together...when almost gone...reuse paper and make more...:rolleyes:
What a fabulous idea. Especially good for making very large ones to use with handmade flowers. TFS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #189  
Glitter Queen

Default where to buy aileens glue?

coming over to Arizona/new mexico next month, where can i buy this glue please?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #190  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carole4312View Post
Did anyone discover if there is a UK equivalent to aileens over and over doo-dah glue please ?
Any repositionable glue works...check the label for that term.

Last edited by craftdesigns; 09-05-2012 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes