Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 12-28-2017, 05:18 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
Arrow REQUEST A TEA PARTY HERE - 2020 UPDATE

Let's plan a tea party...

Every Tuesday, the weekly Teapot Challenge identifies a destination (recipient) where tea party challenge players can send their cards. This part of the challenge is optional - 100% voluntary- and not a requirement of the challenge. We all know, however, that Splitcoaststampers are a kind hearted, generous, wonderful group of stampers so most of the cards uploaded into the gallery are actually sent to the designated recipient each week.

If you have a friend, family member or know of someone in the community that is down and in need of a lift or has/had a special accomplishment such as a milestone birthday, consider requesting a tea party for them. Splitcoaststampers members love to make cards and share our craft. Tea party requests will be linked to a weekly challenge and the cards made from the associated challenge will be sent to the destination.

Request a tea party by following these simple steps:

1. Leave a comment in this thread with your request
  2. Include a few sentences explaining the situation and a little about the person who will receive the cards
  3. Consider including some of their favorite things...i.e. colors, hobbies, likes (birds, animals, sports, collections, etc.)
  4. Let us plan the party and present the challenge
Tea parties are [usually] held on a first-come, first-served basis; however, if there are special circumstances that would require cards being sent right away (i.e. terminal prognosis) please make note of that. Please understand that the challenges and destinations are often prepared weeks in advance so while we will certainly try our best to accommodate time sensitive requests, there are no guarantees they will happen immediately.

Please do not use this thread as a chatting thread. Make your tea party request here. Once your request is posted, you will be contacted by one of our Teapot Tuesday Challenge TEAm Members.

Instagram: @jacqueline_worksforstamps
Blog: Works For Stamps

Come join the TEAparty every Tuesday! Click here for details.

"Stamping is an addiction & therapy rolled into one"

Last edited by jacqueline; 01-02-2020 at 02:49 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just heard from one of my favorite Teapotters and wondered if I could request a tea party for a very dear friend of mine - "Aunt Betty"

I met Aunt Betty about 8 or 9 years ago when she accompanied her niece to an SU workshop of mine, though I think she had already been making cards for many years before then. I should mention that "aunt Betty" is now 90, a widow for about 25 years, and still lives alone except for her beloved little rescue, BUDDY, a fierce little Yorkie, who thinks anyone who gets near her is fair game for him to attack! LOL - on a 14 acre 'farm' - even has deer running in the back fields. She can't bring herself to move to an assisted living facility because she has always been so independent. Her married son stops in to take care of the 2 goats in the barn, but never seems to have enough time to do much else but take care of the property, and fix anything in the house that breaks. Thus she is alone pretty much 24/7 with just the dog to talk to and her friends that call her. I make it a point to go up to see her at least every other week to take her shopping or out to lunch, but she still is alone so much that she tells me how depressed she gets sometime, and she seems to be getting frailer every visit. I thought maybe since she REALLY appreciates home made cards because she knows how much love goes into them, that maybe the teapotters could send her a "little bit of love with a fold in the middle" it might cheer her up and help her get through the winter with her spirits lifted.

Aunt Betty loves all things "farm" -deer, flowers, owls, trees, barns, as well as her little Yorkie, etc. and I know she would be thrilled to hear from the many lovely Teapotters who would like to send her a card - even one from your stash would be treasured by her! I have seen her "study" every little detail of cards I have sent or taken up to her, she appreciates every little detail!

Thanks to any of you who can do this for her - I appreciate it very much!
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Thanks for reaching out to us Sue. We will certainly add Aunt Betty to the list.

Hugs,
Jacqueline

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishgreensueView Post
Just heard from one of my favorite Teapotters and wondered if I could request a tea party for a very dear friend of mine - "Aunt Betty"

I met Aunt Betty about 8 or 9 years ago when she accompanied her niece to an SU workshop of mine, though I think she had already been making cards for many years before then. I should mention that "aunt Betty" is now 90, a widow for about 25 years, and still lives alone except for her beloved little rescue, BUDDY, a fierce little Yorkie, who thinks anyone who gets near her is fair game for him to attack! LOL - on a 14 acre 'farm' - even has deer running in the back fields. She can't bring herself to move to an assisted living facility because she has always been so independent. Her married son stops in to take care of the 2 goats in the barn, but never seems to have enough time to do much else but take care of the property, and fix anything in the house that breaks. Thus she is alone pretty much 24/7 with just the dog to talk to and her friends that call her. I make it a point to go up to see her at least every other week to take her shopping or out to lunch, but she still is alone so much that she tells me how depressed she gets sometime, and she seems to be getting frailer every visit. I thought maybe since she REALLY appreciates home made cards because she knows how much love goes into them, that maybe the teapotters could send her a "little bit of love with a fold in the middle" it might cheer her up and help her get through the winter with her spirits lifted.

Aunt Betty loves all things "farm" -deer, flowers, owls, trees, barns, as well as her little Yorkie, etc. and I know she would be thrilled to hear from the many lovely Teapotters who would like to send her a card - even one from your stash would be treasured by her! I have seen her "study" every little detail of cards I have sent or taken up to her, she appreciates every little detail!

Thanks to any of you who can do this for her - I appreciate it very much!

Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Jacqueline!! I know it would mean the world to her!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacquelineView Post
Thanks for reaching out to us Sue. We will certainly add Aunt Betty to the list.

Hugs,
Jacqueline
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 711 Likes on 545 Posts

I would like to request a Tea party for my mother who has been very ill and just starts to recover now. she has been in the hospital and we were very worried this time because she had a lung infection, her body doesn't like medication because it was very difficult to find the right one, my Mother lives in Holland and she loves gardening and flowers but she's also a real fashion lover and at 78 years always dressed with fashion cloths. It's very difficult for me because I live in France and my Mother in Holland so you can imagine the loads of phone calls between my sister and me, I hope she will be better very soon. I'm sure she'll love to see people from far away are thinking about her.

We do what we can with what we've got !!

Come to the TEA-party every Tuesday
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 160 Likes on 105 Posts

Hi! I would like to request a tea party for my friend's son, Miles. He is 3 1/2 years old and he is fighting liver cancer. He got a liver transplant last fall and is now on his second round of chemo. In spite of all that he's gone through, he always has a big smile on his face! He is such a fighter! (He was also born VERY premature and weighed 1 lb, 6 oz.) They call him SuperMiles and we all have T-shirts and bracelets that say "Team SuperMiles" on them. They are green for liver cancer. So he likes superheroes and also all things boy--building things with blocks. And of course, we live in New England, so he loves Tom Brady and The Patriots! He also has a twin sister named Libby. I'm not sure how to describe Libby's medical issues. She had fluid on her brain as a baby. She had a shunt put in and she doesn't walk or talk. This whole family has been through so much and they are all some of the strongest people I know and there is so much love in that household.

Thanks!

The Stamping Actuary

Hardware Hotshot

I would like to request a tea party for a young lady at the high school I work at. Her name is Anna. Anna is 16 years old, has Down's Syndrome and has recently been diagnosed with Leukemia. While Anna has a wonderful family to support her and surround her with love she has been in quite a bit of pain and could really use some bright and cheery cards to bring a smile to her face. Her mom says her favorite color is purple, loves unicorns and loves to dance. It sure would be amazing to see Anna get flooded with cards from people she doesn't know from all over the world
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Carmen and Jen - I sent you both a PM.

Cardstock Collector

Heart Teaparty Challenge

I would like to nominate the students and families of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, 5901 Pine Island Rd., Parkland, FL 33076. The Valentine's Day shooting there has been yet another wake up call that something needs to change in gun control, mental health care, and a variety of other issues. One thing we can all do is send messages of love and support.
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanMarieView Post
I would like to nominate the students and families of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, 5901 Pine Island Rd., Parkland, FL 33076. The Valentine's Day shooting there has been yet another wake up call that something needs to change in gun control, mental health care, and a variety of other issues. One thing we can all do is send messages of love and support.
I would like to add to this as well. A teacher at the school has requested cards for her students for when they return, feeling that hand-written letters and cards might help them with healing and with seeing that there are good people in the world.

Please remember that the teachers and staff at this school are hurting, too--the students we work with become our families. Her name is Ms. Wolk-Rogers at this same address. Perhaps just a card to "Any Teacher" or a card to Principal Ty Thompson might be done. I cannot even begin to imagine what he, as the school leader, is dealing with.
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Arrow

We are planning to start a new thread in the TEApot forum for these types of requests. We've often got our destination stations booked a month or two in advance so the team can prepare the challenges. Various, open-ended destinations will be listed so folks can send cards anytime. Stay tuned...

Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Please see thread here: SUNSHINE STATION - DESTINATION EXTRAS - NO chat please by jacqueline at Splitcoaststampers

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanMarieView Post

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 457 Likes on 235 Posts

Hi Jacqueline,
I'd like to request a party for a fellow SCS. She is Art Deco Diva-Karen Margotta. For the past year she has been caring for both of her parents who were 2 hours away, each in different care facilities due to their situations. She is the power of attorney for each of them so she gets calls quite often. In texting her last night, I learned that her mother passed away on Monday, April 2nd. The funeral was last Friday. She has been so tired and worn out that she hasn't had time to even contact her close friends to let them know about this. She is such a caring and loving person, and anyone knows that she takes the time to leave Amazing comments on our cards. Any type of uplifting card would be appreciated. Thank you in advance~

�Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.�
― Lou Holtz
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Sent a PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin'nanaView Post
Hi Jacqueline,
I'd like to request a party for a fellow SCS. She is Art Deco Diva-Karen Margotta. For the past year she has been caring for both of her parents who were 2 hours away, each in different care facilities due to their situations. She is the power of attorney for each of them so she gets calls quite often. In texting her last night, I learned that her mother passed away on Monday, April 2nd. The funeral was last Friday. She has been so tired and worn out that she hasn't had time to even contact her close friends to let them know about this. She is such a caring and loving person, and anyone knows that she takes the time to leave Amazing comments on our cards. Any type of uplifting card would be appreciated. Thank you in advance~

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts

Hi Jaqueline,

I would like to request a tea party for a 12-year old girl, soon to be 13, who has been dealing with a life-threatening disease for the past two years. Her name is Arabella. This disease is called FGSG which attacks the kidney's filtering units and is a part of a serious condition known as Nephrotic Syndrome. She has been having dialysis since July of 2017. On April 1st she had both kidneys removed and is now waiting to be listed for a kidney transplant. Arabella has been a fighter throughout this difficult journey and has had to deal with unbelievable side effects from the various treatments she received until the most recent surgery. She has a wonderful family (mom, dad and brother) who have been with her every step of the way; such a blessing. Her aunt is kprakken here on Splitcoast. I know Arabella would love to be showered with cards of cheer and well wishes.
Here are some of the things she likes:
Tea parties (she and her mom love to go to tea parties together)
Horses
Dogs, in particular, Corgis
Hawaii
Ukulele
Disney World

Here is her address:
Arabella Bowen
7101 Shibley Ave.
Louisvlle, KY 40291

Thanks for considering Arabella for a tea party!

Claudia
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Claudia - I sent you a PM

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 160 Likes on 105 Posts

Hi, I'd like to request another tea party. This time for my friend, Betty. She is in her sixties and her lung cancer has come back full force. Her birthday is next week, so I'm making a card for her, because she really loves my cards. We're concerned that this could very well be her last birthday, and that got me to thinking that she would LOVE to get cards from all of you (obviously not in time for her birthday). Betty loves sewing, knitting, quilting, and teddy bears.

The Stamping Actuary

Rubber Obsessor

Default Tea party request for my mom

Hi! I was referred to this thread by cook22, and would like to request a tea party for my mom.

My mom, Lillian, just turned 90. I would love for her to receive a tea party because the last few times I have visited her, she has asked me to check her mail to see if she has received any birthday cards. I think many of her friends that would send cards have passed away, or are unable to mail a card. Unfortunately, a few days before her birthday, we got the news that she has another cancer spot (melanoma). Her first cancer diagnosis was 7 months ago. She is having surgery on the 21st.

If you can do a tea party for her, please PM me and I will give you her address!
Thanks so much,
Marcia Frances
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi Jacqueline, I'm requesting a teaparty for Priscilla (catluvr2). She had hernia surgery in Sept. and then back surgery late Nov. and it's been a long road to recovery. Some cards to cheer her up and let her know how much she's missed would be great.
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Sent PMs to Jen, Marcia & Carla

Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Hi
Cook22 Suggested I post a request here for one of our SCS members.
Christi has been collecting supplies for some time now from our purges for a support group she does. Recently she suddenly shut the thread down. It is easiest if I just post the rest:

As some of us saw-she suddenly shut down the thread where she was taking donations for the support group she runs with no explanation.

I reached out to her and got an answer-and then also got the ok to post it here, so here it is. I am also going to post her second answer for what will be obvious when you read it. I will send a card to the address listed below.

I dont know how to nominate someone for the tea party group.

I'm having some major issues with my back and neck. Herniated discs, some muscular and nerve damage that is making it hard for me to walk. I've had some health concerns for awhile, but this has gotten worse rather quickly. Loads of tests, MRI's, medications, etc. going on right now.

Given that I'm not sure exactly what's going on with my health or what changes I may have to make because of it, the request for the thread to be closed was made.

For now, I can still take some donations as I have a girl named Betty that has stepped up and offered to help me out for the time being. (I'm hoping that she will take over the local You Matter Project for me permanently.)

For those who still wish to donate to The You Matter Project, they can still use the same address for now...

The You Matter Project
c/o Christi Usher
P.O. Box 244
Etna, NY 13062-0244

I'd also humbly appreciate it if you and any other SCS member's would send up a prayer or two that the doctor's are able to figure out what's going on and can at least be guided in ways to treat whatever they find. It's a pretty scary situation for me and I don't have any family around anymore. (Well, except for my SCS family.)

Thanks for reaching out, I'm truly touched.

Crafty Huggles,
Christi

Yes, of course you can post my response. I couldn't after the thread was closed. Also, if you know of any uplifting threads of prayers or cards, you are most welcome to post there as well. I could really use some cheering up of bright cards right now.

Yes, I have a local church group and a couple other groups like my gardening group and I'm a local community board member.

Hugs,
Christi

As a gardener I would assume she loves flowers for a theme but I think she would be thrilled to get any card. While a member of groups, on a direct personal level she is on her own.

I know I have never been here before but Sabrina said it would be ok. The thread is here:
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-f256/purging-de-stashing-t606793.html

Thanks
WJ

Last edited by wavejumper; 05-25-2018 at 05:23 AM.. Reason: remove excess blank lines
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Thanks for the recommendation Wavejumper. I will add Christi to the Teaparty schedule. Stay tuned...

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts

Jacqueline, My cousin Ron had an accident yesterday and got burnt pretty bad, face, arms and legs. Is it possible to have cards sent to him? He is such a wonderful guy and has helped me so much during the years. I would love to get him on the tea potter's list. Let me know okay? Thanks Jan (Precious Kitty).
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Send PMs to Wave Jumper and Precious Kitty.

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,179 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Teapotters, Victoria aka Hawaiian lost her mother this morning. If possible the group could send her family a sympathy card.

Victoria has lost so many people these last two months. Nephews, a BIL and now her mother. Hard times for their family.

Victoria loves fairies, angels, yellow hibiscus, or anything yellow!!
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I'll add her to the list for July...thanks for letting us know Ann.

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Teapotters, Victoria aka Hawaiian lost her mother this morning. If possible the group could send her family a sympathy card.

Victoria has lost so many people these last two months. Nephews, a BIL and now her mother. Hard times for their family.

Victoria loves fairies, angels, yellow hibiscus, or anything yellow!!

Stazon Splitcoast

Default Sympathy card request.

I don't think we need a tea-party, but I f anyone has any extra sympathy cards around, I just found out my boss just lost his dad, one day before fathers day. I know it wasn't sudden but still hard.I think what makes it a bit harder for him is he just lost his mother last year right on Mothers day. I am not sure much of his likes or dislikes as i know he likes sports, but that is not good for sympathy. He doesn't talk much about home life at work. He is Catholic so religious would be fine too. Just send them to me and I will bring them to work for him.
Address is in the t-party list.
We as people are raindrops of colorful ink , falling down Crisp and Clear, each a different shade more vibrant then the last, but once we realize at the bottom of an endless abyss we all fall into the same inkpot forming one color, only then can we come together as one My son.
Stazon Splitcoast

Was going to edit last post, but could not see how. I forgot to say his name is Patrick Clancy. Thank you.
We as people are raindrops of colorful ink , falling down Crisp and Clear, each a different shade more vibrant then the last, but once we realize at the bottom of an endless abyss we all fall into the same inkpot forming one color, only then can we come together as one My son.

Received 635 Likes on 361 Posts

Sue (coffeestamper), one of our long time SCS members, has lost her youngest sister this month. Her sister's funeral was June 19th. Sue is heartbroken and could certainly use some cards and words of comfort.

Sue said her sister, Bonnie, loved dogs, pink and purple, hydrangeas, peonies, was a NY Yankee fan, loved shopping, and Sue loved celebrating her
birthday with her.

Sue's address:

Sue Titolo
5108 Madison Street
Schenenctady, NY 12306
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Thanks for letting us know Brenda...we're booked up for July but we can schedule a spot for Sue in the beginning of August. Thanks for providing her address so folks can send a card to her in the meantime if they want to.

Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Send you a PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr SonjaView Post
My mother will be having her 85th birthday July 8 and she recently moved right next door to me. We built a gate in the fence so crossing into her yard is a breeze and wonderful to have her near. She was widowed last year so this is her first birthday solo. A combination birthday/house warming might be a fun theme. She is a musician, artist, fine wine sipper, and down-right clever woman with a great sense of humor.

I can provide her address if you select her for a tea party. Thanks.

DPJ
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Hi TEAPOTS... I'd love for a few beautiful cards to be sent to my precious friend, Susan. I've known Susan for 10 years and she is an adoptive mom like myself. She adopted her 2 girls from TX like us. She has been diagnosed with a rare form of bowel cancer. She is now on a trial procedure in NYC. She is a fighter and she just had a T-cell placement/ her own cells back into her body. Praying for a complete recovery especially for those little girls she's trying to raise. She loves to laugh and has the heart of gold. She loves bright colors and she's loves Virginia Tech where she is a university teacher at. She loves life! She will be staying in NYC from now through month of July. She could uses some JOY during this cancer situation. Thanks ALL!!!

Susan Marmagas
c/o Kate Bourne
444 Central Park West
New York, NY 10025
www.youreyesoftexas.blogspot.com
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Sent a PM to DPJ

Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

My stepsister since I was seven and she was five, she’s now 64, has been given by Hospice three to four weeks to live. We are not sure of the details yet but she has been ill for years, and cancer is suspected. Sister Kathy, who lives in Arizona, (the rest of us live in Indiana) is very closed-mouth about her condition. If possible, I would like to request a Tea Party for her. Thank you.

Kathy Bernstein
15218 E Hillside Drive
Fountain Hills,AZ. 85268

Kandie

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Kandie - send you a PM

Gallery Gazer

This thread actually made me tear up. My Mom has just been moved into a nursing home due to dementia. I am sending her a card each week as she has always loved cards. Even though I visit her there often, she still calls me all excited when she receives my 'Happy Mail'. Something about that age group - snail mail is very important to them. I have reached out to the coordinator and will now be donating birthday cards each month so all the residents will get a hand made card on their birthday. I know my Mom would be amazed, blown away and touched to get cards in the mail. We are in Canada, so I understand that not everyone would be able to get the additional postage, but I thought I would at least ask if my sweet mom could be considered for a Tea Party.

Mary Wendell
c/o Age Care Midnapore, 1117A Shawnessy
500 Midpark Way SE
Calgary Alberta
T2X 3S3
CANADA

Thanks so much, everyone!
Present Blog

(Old Blog)
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Karen - Sent you a PM

Gabfest Goddess

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
BCRibbon

Hello my sweet tea party ladies.
I got a call from my dear friend whos mom was just diagnosed with breast cancer and will have surgery mid October.
The kicker is her dear daughter my friend was diagnosed just over 12 years ago with the same thing. (she is cancer free)

My friends mom owns a green house and loves plants and flowers of course

She lives alone and is hardworking never slows down to rest.
Now she will be forced to slow down and take time for herself.
She is super sweet .
I was hoping we can shower her in some cards to pick up her spirit
after having surgery and chemo to follow

I will get address from my friend asap

Thank you for considering this

Wendy Manahan
426-4th street
Canmore,Alberta
T1Y-2H1

Last edited by tropicalsmiles; 10-03-2018 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: address
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

tropicalsmiles - Sent you a PM

Proud Fan Club Member

Received 757 Likes on 545 Posts

I would like to request a tea party for my Mother who will be turning 90-years-old on November 27th. She is a fairly new resident in a nursing facility and I know it would bring her a lot of joy and comfort to have a flood of birthday cards arriving from all of you fantastic ladies. Mother enjoys studying geography and history .... it would be such a treat for her if each card maker could add a little note about their locality. Mother just loves flowers and gardening and scripture would also be welcome.

Thank you for considering my request!

Here's her address:

The Brier Nursing Center
ATTN: Ruth Norene Pence, Room 506
979 Rocky Hill Road
Ronceverte, WV 24970

God demonstrated His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us ... being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. Romans 5:8 & 9

https://www.chemoangels.com/

https://www.intercessors.org/