Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-22-2017, 06:36 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts
Default MMTPT453 ~ March 28, 2017 ~ It's a Slumber Party!!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #453

MMTPT453 ~ It's a Slumber Party!!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

Polly (Peeps321) is our guest hostess for the Tickle challenge this month, and here's her super-fun story and challenge for us:

Ok Splitcoasties, it's time for some FUN! Bring your nail polish, your pillow and sleeping bag, and footie pajamas........ time for a Teaparty Slumber Party (that sounds a bit redundant doesn't it?). Remember when Friday night meant a sleepover at your best buddy�s house? Well this week we're going to have a virtual sleepover. Ok girls here's our checklist:

Food ~

Ann - you bring the cheesecakes (notice I used the plural �cakes�?)

Polly (that's me)-note to self....bring my hot air popcorn popper, the Orville�s, lots of butter, and some pop (in Minnesota it's pop�others may know it as soda but I will never respond to that).

Sabrina-Being the "cook" in the group, I expect you to bring something wonderful...your choice but it must be something to ooh and ahh over

Games and Fun ~

Who has a Twister game? Mary (who is always redi2stamp) or Mary (who celebrates her birthday in October and believe me she is a babe)???? You guys figure it out, ok?

Anita-she will demonstrate how to do her exquisite embroidery...Will we have to jump through hoops?

Susie-counting on you to do all our nails in a weird arty way.....Can you fit fairy silhouettes on them?? Just asking....pretty please!

Anyone got any good movies? Tim Holtz videos? Jan, perhaps you can share your YouTube collection of "kitty" videos....

Miss Carla what mischief do you have to contribute to this event? Hmm...I bet you have a few tricks up your sleeve....don't reveal them now.....I love surprises!

Who likes to do hair?? Wanda? Sandy?

Now Ruthie don't forget your bunny slippers...Lisa I'm expecting some shoe reviews and good shoe shopping sites from you to share with the group....I'm counting on some good gossip and stamping tips from the rest of you....who's joining in?? Donnajeanne? Sharon? Jan? Jacqueline? Faith? Kandie? Carmen? Rachael? Kelly? Bueller (reference to Ferris Bueller, the movie, for those of you wondering) ?? Anyone else??

CHALLENGE TRANSLATION: For our virtual TSP (that's Teaparty Slumber Party for those of you not paying attention), make a card illustrating some of the fun things you would do at a slumber party or use an image of your SCS friends at a slumber party.

EPEC: And if you have a favorite memory, please share it with the group.

DESTINATION STATION:
This week our destination is each other! Once a month, we send our cards to each other! A little payback and reward to the teapotters for always sending their cards to the recipient of the Destination Station.

I have started this new thread in the Teapot Tuesday Extras Forum. If you are participating in the card exchange please go to this thread and follow the instructions.

Here is a Quick Link to the MMTPT453 Challenge Gallery

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT453 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges.

Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT453 ~ March 28, 2017 ~ It's a Slumber Party!!-pjs.jpg   MMTPT453 ~ March 28, 2017 ~ It's a Slumber Party!!-cookies.jpg   MMTPT453 ~ March 28, 2017 ~ It's a Slumber Party!!-cake.jpg   MMTPT453 ~ March 28, 2017 ~ It's a Slumber Party!!-watermarked-2017-03-25-0906-.jpg  

Last edited by Ksnurse; 04-04-2017 at 04:26 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2017, 10:34 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

A slumber party with SCS friends, now that would be quite the party! Marvelous challenge, Polly. I know how much you love music, so it's Karaoke Time for me! Can't wait to see all the fun cards.

Slumber parties were a blast. We had stacks of records and sang and danced til the parents shut us down! Then we'd gossip and tell scary stories. You never wanted to be the first one to fall asleep. If you were, you'd wake to find your bra in the freezer!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2017, 11:24 PM   #3  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

No memories here, I never was at a slumber party! But I did recall the time we went to see Grease for a school-friend's birthday party, and her mother fit an impossible number of us into her little VW Beetle when she picked us up from the cinema!!

Sneaking in quickly before work to upload this - after sneaking some time away from housework yesterday to make it. Ironically, given the card theme, I was just about to photograph it when I realised I had dented the card with a finger-nail just above one of the ovals, so I had to cut and score a new base for them and stamp the sentiment all over again. And jeepers, what with playing the flute and piano I don't even let my nails grow that long, so I don't know how I did it.

MMTPT453 Nail Art Bar by Cook22

Someone was looking for a record player in the sign-up thread? I bought DH a USB one for Christmas, I'll bring it along for the party .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2017, 11:55 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 723 Likes on 549 Posts

Here is mine, I loved to work on this card imagine your faces during the pillow fight!!I never had a slumber party so difficult to imagine but I remember Grease the musical where the pink girls got one

slumber party by snietje - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

We do what we can with what we've got !!

Come to the TEA-party every Tuesday
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2017, 02:21 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts

My one and only slumber party was for my 10th birthday. I was able to have 5 girls over for the night and we had such fun staying up really late and laughing the night away. My mom has a picture of us up the next morning and we are all in our PJs hanging put in the living room acting silly for the camera.

Great challenge, here is my card:
MMTPT453 Girls Night Out by Shoe Girl at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2017, 04:03 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 364 Likes on 266 Posts

Oh my gosh the gallery is looking AMAZING!!! It's so much fun to see everyone's cards :p I've attend many slumber parties and had a few of my own...I think Jr High was the peak time for them. I never got much sleep...who sleeps at those things? I'd say there'd be anywhere from 6-12 girls at ones I'd go to. Usually it was in someone's basement but I remember sleeping in tents out in a girl's backyard once. There were always lots of snacks...chips, Doritos, Totino's pizzas and pop ;)
We loved to tell fortunes, get out the Ouija board (we loved that Ouija board!!), and I think we might have even tried a seance or two...we were silly! And we'd giggle a lot!
One memory that stands out is when I was at a party at my best friend's house...she lived out in the country and her party was held during a winter month. I don't know who this got started but some of us :rolleyes: took a lap around the house outside in our jammies, barefoot, and yes, there was snow on the ground! We were a weird group but we had fun!
Wish all of you lived closer so we could have our own get together...guess we'll have to settle for virtual reality....;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2017, 05:57 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is my card.

MMTPT453 Ready for a party by buddy'smama - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2017, 06:36 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts

Polly this is a great challenge this month!! My kitty is ready to let the show begin!!

MMTPT453 Let the Show Begin

I remember having a slumber party when I was 9 years old, all the girls in the neighborhood came to it. They were telling spooky stories, and I was facing the window towards the back yard, and saw this shadow go by! I got so scared I ran to my mother's room and told her I wanted to sleep in my own bed - of course she wouldn't let me, that would be rude. --- So the next morning, the next door neighbors reported someone had broken inside their home and took some things!! The shadow I saw was the guy jumping the fence!! Let me tell you, I never forgot it!! And I do not believe my mother ever did either!

Last edited by Precious Kitty; 03-28-2017 at 06:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2017, 06:47 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 364 Likes on 266 Posts

What a story Jan!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2017, 08:26 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

MMTPTImpromtu by redi2stamp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers is mine for the "tickle"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2017, 11:54 AM   #11  
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 126 Likes on 93 Posts

PILLOW FIGHT!!!!

Instagram: @jacqueline_worksforstamps
Blog: Works For Stamps

Come join the TEAparty every Tuesday! Click here for details.

"Stamping is an addiction & therapy rolled into one"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2017, 11:56 AM   #12  
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

We drank pop too Polly...now I drink Coke...everything in NC is Coke (even if it's 7up). LOL

But really, I now call it soda after living in NJ and NC for so long.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2017, 02:18 PM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Here's mine!

Front

Inside
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2017, 06:03 PM   #14  
Mad Swapper

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts

Cheers for Disney!

I made this card for my sister. We'll be having a slumber party at Disney this fall! And we plan on doing a lot of adult beveraging.

I had a slumber party for my 8th birthday and since it is in December, of course there was an ice storm. I thought it would be cancelled. However, 2 of the girls lived in my neighborhood and their parents said they'd put them in a sled and drag them to my house if necessary. The other 2 girls lived across town but one had a dad who had to make it into St. Louis because he was singing in the choir at the symphony, so they made it as well. So the birthday slumber party was on!

Hang on. Let me overthink this.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2017, 12:25 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default " Am I Big Enuf?"

Thank you Polly for the fun story going to be a fun party...Here is my Bunny......When I was looking through my stash I saw this little one in P.J.s and had to go with her....so cute.
We as people are raindrops of colorful ink , falling down Crisp and Clear, each a different shade more vibrant then the last, but once we realize at the bottom of an endless abyss we all fall into the same inkpot forming one color, only then can we come together as one My son.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2017, 06:27 AM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

here's my card: Pajama Party Time
Pajama Party Time by donnajeanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2017, 08:07 AM   #17  
Forum Fanatic

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Polly, you absolutely do not want to put me on hair duty. Instead, I'm bringing some records so we can sing along or dance, or maybe both. (long-forgotten fact -- one of my skills that is no longer applicable in this day and age is an uncanny ability to place the needle at exactly the spot where the music begins).
Teapot Tuesday participant

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2017, 02:57 PM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

"I am Woman". My first slumber party ever. Filled with so much anticipation. I can't wait for all the fun to begin.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2017, 03:20 PM   #19  
BRAK Alumna

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Polly this was such fun! The gallery is fabulous. Here is my card.

MMTPT453, Girl Talk by yabbadodo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

TFL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2017, 05:05 PM   #20  
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I'm a little late to the party but I brought food! What's a slumber party without some junk food??

Junk Food Party by jacqueline - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

It's in the mail and on it's way to...:rolleyes:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2017, 01:45 AM   #21  
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Oh no......I can't believe I am in holidays and missed this slumber party. We called them pyjama parties here - ohhhh how brilliant would it be to have a real life Teapotterville slumber party.

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.

Reply With Quote Likes