Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-04-2015, 06:03 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMTPT336~January 6, 2015~Big Things Come in Small Packages

Welcome to Teapot Tuesday
the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty
and Challenge #336

Big Things Come in Small Packages

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

The Rest of the Story:

1: Sisters, sisters....oh my. They can either be a curse or a joy but usually a little of both. Some days you just wanna clobber em and others you might just hug em. But no matter what; they are always there. With the camera to record your "not so graceful" moments, to witness you misbehaving to use as blackmail later, or to help you fabricate a good excuse for why the neighbors poppies are all cut down.

2: Well, Edna and Emma were no different that most sisters. Trouble was, they had to share the same room. YIKES!! Have you ever tried to room with the slob of Beacon St. when you are Miss Prissy Missy with everything in it's place?

3: Edna was more interested in her art than worrying about the neatness of her surroundings and she seemed to work better when all those belongings were out in the open where she could see them. She would create joyful and uninhibited works of art that drew inspiration from everything around her and everything she thought of. And she wouldn't dream of putting things up before she started her next project because she might need some of it again. So needless to say, her side of the room looked like the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

4: Emma on the other hand was someone who had to have everything in it's place, neatly stored and cleared off before she could create. She created intricate little works of art that had amazing amounts of detail in a tiny little space. She needed quiet (Uh-oh, Edna is also rather noisy) and serene surroundings to spin her tales. So things frequently got a little heated and one or the other stormed off in a huff to return after her sister was out of the way.

5: There was one thing they could both agree on though. That was "Downton Abbey". They both loved the show and could get lost in the goings on of the Crawley family. The fashions were a particular favorite of both girls and even though they never could agree on who was the handsomest or the most stylish; they both wished they could live like that for awhile.

6: Enter the world of SCS and you will find a wide range of styles to interest you and spark your creativity. If Edna and Emma were here, I'm sure that they would be avid participators and even arguing over which style was the most fun or had the most artistic merit. Edna would likely embrace the world of Mixed Media and be willing and ready for every new challenge they threw at her:

What is the Mix-Ability Challenge? by UnderstandBlue at Splitcoaststampers

and Emma would likely be enthralled by the gals doing all the ATC swaps and all the fun they can manage to put on a 2.5 x 3.5 piece of cardstock. She would love the variety to be found here:

Splitcoaststampers - Artist Trading Card (ATC) Project Tutorial by Jen del Muro and
ATC Collection Gallery: Artist Trading Cards, Supplies & More - Page - Splitcoaststampers and

Challenge Translation:

Lets celebrate the special bond of sisters and send some cheer to Joyce; in the form of ATC's or Mixed Media.

EPEC=extra points for extra cookies:

Add some Downton Abbey touches and you can get an extra scone. If you can do mixed media on an ATC with a Downton Abbey theme; then you can have all the scones you can carry off.

Destination Station:

This week our destination is Lancaster KY. If you wish a destination for your card, how about sending it to Joyce Jmaraul Joyce was brought to my attention by our very own tech guru Lydia understandblue

to find out why as well as get the address to mail your card, please visit post 439 in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday 336 Challenge Gallery.

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT336 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges.

Thank you from Lydia and I
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT336~January 6, 2015~Big Things Come in Small Packages-799dd9b674587fac4862b9c1791c65ae.jpg   MMTPT336~January 6, 2015~Big Things Come in Small Packages-il_570xn.542546069_pwko.jpg  

Last edited by Ksnurse; 01-12-2015 at 07:36 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2015, 03:14 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Happy New Year Teapotters. Here is my card for Joyce.

MMTPT336 Thinking of Joyce by susie australia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2015, 04:37 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is my card for Joyce

MMTPT336 by RJP111 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2015, 05:47 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Here's mine. I haven't left the house since the 27th due to being sick, but since the larder is getting VERY bare, I'll go out and post this tomorrow, for sure.
MMTPT336 Believe in Rainbows
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2015, 06:12 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts

Those ATC cards are really fun! Does anyone know if there is an ATC club on SCS? I wouldn't mind checking it out if there is one.

Mine:

MMTPT336: ATC Rose's Hat

MMTPT336: ATC Green Feathers

MMTPT336: Sympathetic Rose
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2015, 06:13 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 354 Likes on 259 Posts

Here's my card for Joyce. I made it a Downton theme, used ATCs and even wrote a special poem for the inside..extra cookies (or scones??)

A Downton Tea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2015, 08:23 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

Walk Beside Me by redi2stamp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Here's my card featuring sisters on a walk
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2015, 10:01 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 595 Likes on 369 Posts

Here is my card, going out to Joyce tomorrow. The ATC is one I made for a swap a couple of years ago, and I had extras. I don't remember all the colours of ink I used, but I think I went according to the tutorial found on SCS.
MMTPT336 Proud Peacock by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2015, 04:37 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Here is my card that is on its way to Joyce!

ATC Thinking of you! by buddy'smama - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2015, 11:49 AM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Many Elements Card by donnajeanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
my card finally--LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2015, 01:48 PM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

The word for girl in Hawaii is Wahini and ever since a visit twenty years ago my female family members refer to themselves as wicked wahinis every time they err. I have been a very very wicked wahini this past year not playing along with this challenge very often, One of my resolutions was to get here much more often. Here is my ATC for this weeks challenge. A Happy New Years to all of you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2015, 04:05 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default " Bunny Hugs "

Here is my card for Joyce..." Bunny HUGS "
We as people are raindrops of colorful ink , falling down Crisp and Clear, each a different shade more vibrant then the last, but once we realize at the bottom of an endless abyss we all fall into the same inkpot forming one color, only then can we come together as one My son.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2015, 07:12 PM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Here is my card:

MMTPT336 In My Heart by jodylb - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
QFTD 258
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2015, 04:28 PM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 210 Likes on 107 Posts

I thought these images were about the right size and they are always good for encouragement!
Here are a couple of my ATC cards:
ATC Lighthouses by pvilbaum - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I guess I am supposed to make at least one of these into a card. Didn't realize that part. So I'll go do that and put up a picture later.
Here's the card:
ATC Sympathy by pvilbaum at Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by pvilbaum; 01-08-2015 at 05:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes