Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-21-2014, 05:39 PM   #1  
BRAK Alumna

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MMTPT313 ~ July 29, 2014 ~ Summer Camp

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #313

MMTPT313 Summer Camp

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

This is my story!

Oh boy, are Sara and Tara ever excited. What is one thing that most kids absolutely love about summer? CAMP!!! Well, Sara and Tara just found out they are going to be working at the Travelling Teapotters Camp for the summer. Now, these two are a couple of mischievous rascals so I am a little (how about a whole lot) concerned about what they might do there. Let's hope they behave themslves and don't get into 42,000 kinds of trouble.

Fast forward to the end of summer.

Oh, oh, just as I thought, the terrible twosome got themselves into lots of mischief. They are sitting reminiscing and giggling like crazy. You won't believe some of the naughty things they did.

1. They snuck into the boys dorm, (which is forbidden) and sprinkled pepper in their bedclothes and covered it all up. What a racket with all the sneezing and hollering!

2. They climbed up on the roof of the dining hall with buckets of water and when everyone was lined up on the patio for a picture they proceeded to dump all the water on them. Boy, did they ever run to get away before the whole camp came down on them.

3. One night they snuck into the boys washroom and wrapped all of the toilet seats with Saran wrap. When it is done right you can't see the Saran and they did it right. I am sure you can imagine the results when the morning rush started.

4. One of the boys on staff was a bit of a complainer. Sara and Tara decided to do something about it. At night they snuck out to his car and stuffed it full of inflated balloons and then wrapped the car in toilet paper. He was not a happy camper!

Needless to say, they had a blast and certainly left their mark on the camp. Thank goodness none of the stunts they pulled were harmful or hurt anyone. They are feeling a little guilty about what they did so I think they could use a little cheering up to show they really are loved even though they played pranks on everybody. They had a fantastic time at camp and hope to go back next year. Next years staff, Beware!

CHALLENGE TRANSLATION: It's a Tickle a Teapotter week. Bring cards full of summer fun. Send camping cards with lots of kids, fun activities, swimming pool, canoeing, archery, wall climbing and share some of your experiences if you ever worked at summer camp.

EPEC ~ (EXTRA POINTS FOR EXTRA COOKIES!)
Add the sentiment "THINKING OF YOU".

DESTINATION STATION:

This week our destination is each other! Once a month we send our cards to each other! A little payback and reward to the tea potters for always sending their cards to the recipient of the Destination Station.
Sabrina/Cook22 has started THIS new thread in the Teapot Tuesday Extras forum. If you are participating in the tickle, please go to that thread and follow the instructions.

Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!

Here is my card.

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #313 Summer Camp Challenge Gallery.

Be sure to use KEYWORD MMTPT313 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges.
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT313 ~  July 29, 2014 ~  Summer Camp-teapot1.jpg   MMTPT313 ~  July 29, 2014 ~  Summer Camp-cookies.jpg  

Last edited by Ksnurse; 08-04-2014 at 07:31 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2014, 08:24 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,049 Likes on 809 Posts

Thank you for being our Tickle hostess this month, Faith. I've cooked for plenty of camps in my time, but I think my days for such heavy work are over now ;-). I hope to get a card made after work today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2014, 12:54 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Little Birdie Told Me Sunshine and Sea Shells

Thanks for the fun challenge, Faith! It's good to be back after 2+ mos. I captured some of my summer memories in this card.

Thank you for looking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2014, 03:50 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

MMTPT313 Good Morning Teapotter by GardenDiva - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Faith this is a fun challenge. I got the sentiment in there but didn't have a lot of campy stuff so went with beautiful glittery flowers. Hope you don't send the camp counselors out after me !!! ha ha Has been 3 months without stamping and that's way too long !!! Glad to be back.

GardenDiva
AKA Tina DeLong

FS363
QFTD182

Fan Club Member & Tuesday Teapotter

Hostess MMTPT222
Thyme began in a Garden.

Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2014, 04:45 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Wow! I could write a book about camp counseling and directing for church, Girl Scout and 4H camps. Will enjoy making the card.
BUT I can't find the thread to join the tickle!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2014, 05:05 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 378 Likes on 210 Posts

I'm home from camp and vaca so I'm anxious to get back into card mode, but your link doesn't work for me to sign up. I'll be thinking on my card.... I'm a little rusty!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2014, 05:41 AM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

This guy is looking for a bear hug! LOL
MMTPT313 Beary Scary by muscrat - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2014, 05:55 AM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Wow Faith, after all those adventures, I'd need a quiet break down by the lake, which is what I put on my card.
Teapot Tuesday participant

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2014, 06:02 AM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member

I am working on my card bit by bit and hope to post it soon. I am looking forward to sending and receiving this month's tickle...almost as fun as going to camp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2014, 06:41 AM   #10  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I made it -I made it on the day!!!
MMTPT313 Hill-Walking

Here's one more fun memory... back in the days, there was often a bus bringing the campers down. One year, two of the lads decided that they would cycle down. I know it can be done, I'd done it myself...but it was further than they thought and it was a HOT day. (It might only have been Easter, but I'd stopped on the way down to buy some necessary sunscreen .)
So...the bus passed the two cycling lads, and they flagged it down and put all their gear on to reduce the load they had to carry. And as the evening came in it got considerably cooler since it was only Easter, after all... and all they had was their t-shirts because their sweaters had got put on the bus. Poor lads - they were half-frozen when they arrived and came into the kitchen for a hot drink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2014, 06:48 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 740 Likes on 353 Posts

I taught at Girl Scout Camp in High School and college, and had my own Brownie troop. I taught swimming (which is really funny, because I can barely swim, but I got lots of good swimmers by the end!!), and songs. Sometimes at night I'll be singing all the verses to "Tall timbers", and "Dem Bones Gonna Rise Again"!! Those years were such fun. My grandson Jake, who just turned 15 is a CIT this year, and two of the grands are at Boy scout Camp right now. Camp is such a great experience.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2014, 09:06 AM   #12  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedbugdriverView Post
I'm home from camp and vaca so I'm anxious to get back into card mode, but your link doesn't work for me to sign up. I'll be thinking on my card.... I'm a little rusty!!!
Fixed - sorry about that! I was out all day Saturday and stunned with exhaustion most of Sunday, so it slipped by me. But you will for sure ALWAYS find a link to the sign-up thread in the Destination Station post, because I post the sign-up thread some time on Saturday and then link the Destination Station to it. Or you can look in Teapot Tuesday Extras - the current sign-up thread is always the one with a green arrow icon beside it ;).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2014, 09:07 AM   #13  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmommyView Post
I taught at Girl Scout Camp in High School and college, and had my own Brownie troop. I taught swimming (which is really funny, because I can barely swim, but I got lots of good swimmers by the end!!), and songs. Sometimes at night I'll be singing all the verses to "Tall timbers", and "Dem Bones Gonna Rise Again"!! Those years were such fun. My grandson Jake, who just turned 15 is a CIT this year, and two of the grands are at Boy scout Camp right now. Camp is such a great experience.
Wah - I'm on the laptop with no sound just now - gotta remember to look up Tall Timbers when I get back upstairs later, I've never heard of it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2014, 12:32 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

Poolside Camper by redi2stamp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Here's mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2014, 02:17 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default " Summertime fun "

Such a fun idea...thank you...here is my Backyard summertime B.B.Q.
We as people are raindrops of colorful ink , falling down Crisp and Clear, each a different shade more vibrant then the last, but once we realize at the bottom of an endless abyss we all fall into the same inkpot forming one color, only then can we come together as one My son.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2014, 02:41 PM   #16  
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Faith thanks for a terrific story. I am smiling and laughing at all the extra little stories written here, I can't wait to look at the cards LOL. DH and I are away until Saturday, I will be very late to the Teaparty, but I wll get there. I have signed up for the tickle, card will be ready before we get our tickle emails.

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.

Last edited by susie australia; 07-29-2014 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2014, 06:33 PM   #17  
BRAK Alumna

Thanks Susie. Can't wait to see your awesome card and hear a few hilarious memories.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2014, 04:45 AM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

Boy did this challenge bring back memories!

Summer camp fun! by buddy'smama - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2014, 05:46 PM   #19  
BRAK Alumna

Default Thank You

Ladies I just wanted to thank you for taking part and all the fantastic cards you made. I really enjoyed all of the stories you shared, it was like sitting around the campfire remembering all the fun things that happened. I feel it has given us a common ground, we really are one big happy family! You will never know what it has meant to me to be made to feel so welcome and loved. I am pretty well confined to the house now and I miss all the things I was involved in but making cards and getting to know you has been a fabulous boost. God has been so good to me. I love all of you and look forward to every Tuesday.
God bless.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2014, 11:47 PM   #20  
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Faith you summed up my feelings about being a Teapotter so beautifully. Your story was wonderful and I loved that every one shared a story, not just in their own upload, but in all the comments. I don't think it has ever taken me so long to comment on each card, I got wrapped up in every card and EVERY comment. I have tried to explain what it means to be a teapotter to other people, it is not just about entering a challenge and uploading a card. Faith you said it best, we are a family. xxx

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2014, 04:59 PM   #21  
Gabfest Goddess

MMTPT313 Feeling Beachy by I love rubber - Cards and Paper Crafts at SplitcoaststampersI am a bit late getting to this ladies but guess what? I sewed the little tiny shirt. Years ago I used to make Barbie clothes but I haven't attempted anything like this for at least 30 years. HERE is mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2014, 10:32 PM   #22  
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

So sorry for being this late to the Teaparty. This is already in the mail. Thanks for such a terrific story Faith.

MMTPT313 Lara, Clara and Brutusara by susie australia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2014, 03:47 PM   #23  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Got tickled today when came home from baby-sitting! Cute tri fold camping card with note in it saying Make new friends, but keep the old. One is Silver, the other Gold. Was from Lea Beth, so thank you muchly for my tickle card.---Never toooooo late!--Hugs DonnaJeanne
Reply With Quote Likes