Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #161  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From Jan:

I found out that Mary Jane (MMTPT257) is personally writing each person a thank you for the cards they are sending her. Her daughter Nancy says they are loving every single one of them, she has them hanging up in her therapy room. She is so blessed by the thoughts that are behind each card. Please send a thank you out to them all -- they are such a wonderful bunch of ladies - who give out of their hearts and the love just pours out to our recipients!! God bless! Jan aka Precious Kitty

and we got this lovely note from her:

Jan -
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for putting me on your Prayer list.
All the cards were so beautiful - each one as beautiful as the other. Please let these
wonderful Women know what a Blessing they have each been to me!
I saved all the cards I get through the year and every day I take a few from the front and
then pray for that person and then place it in the back so everyone gets a prayer
from me a couple times a year. Cards are so beautiful I can't image only looking
at them once and then discarding them. That was a beautiful thought on your part.

With Warm Thanks -
God Bless -
Miss Mary Jane

Last edited by Ksnurse; 08-03-2013 at 09:26 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2013, 06:07 AM   #162  
Compulsive Stamper

Oh dear, I posted my thank you in the wrong place! I've requested it be moved here, but I posted it in the regular BRAK thread. Y'all sent cards (wonderful, beautiful, creative cards) to help my mom celebrate her 100th birthday last week. They incorporated her themes of quilts and lambs so remarkably! There were so many that I wanted to steal, but I hung them on her wall using fishing line and mini clothes pins.
Hopefully the post and pictures will be moved, but I will start over if I don't see it here in a couple of days.
I will have to join the teapotters after seeing what an impact the cards have!!
Shelley (daughter of Evelyn Lamb)

Dear Friends,
I'm so sorry I can't follow the rules and post individual thank you notes for the cards you so lovingly created and sent to my mom, Evelyn Lamb. The week was a whirlwind of activity and I had little access to the internet, but I'm home today after an 18 hour drive and the cards are hanging on her wall where she can enjoy them! They really made her day special, and it was such fun for her to open them and see where they were from The creativity and craftsmanship were outstanding and very impressive!

Four more cards arrived yesterday after I'd left so I'll have to get my daughter to send me a picture, but here are the ones I put up before I
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-9325682563_72b98971f4_n.jpg   Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-9325728933_8cb7a00d94_n.jpg  

Last edited by Ksnurse; 08-03-2013 at 09:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #163  

Default Appreciation from Trent

to me
My brother posted this on his Facebook account for all to see. I wanted to make sure everyone got to see this. He has called me to tell me how much he has enjoyed reading the stories and receiving all the beautiful cards. Trent has also sent me text messages letting me know he received more after the picture was taken. Today, he received Ms Susie's card and got a kick that it had our brother Travis' name on the card too as the pilot.

Thank you for making Trent all these beautiful cards. He has really enjoyed every one of them. You teapotters rock!!!

Big Hugs

Tina

In Trent's words:

Recieved these wonderful handmade cards from the Teapotters/Stampers. My Sister belongs to this group and they design cards for personal, competitions and occasionally for sale at local stores. The messages were very nice and the stories that came with them were very interesting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2013, 05:00 AM   #164  

We are OVERWHELMED with the kindness of the teapotters! Doreen called me today and had received six cards today! She cannot believe how beautiful these cards are and that people who dont know her were so kind! The love of people in this hobby is amazing! Doreen wanted to know if she should send thank yous to everyone and I told her I would find a way for her to post a group thank you to the teapotters!

Doreen (and sister Diann)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2013, 05:01 AM   #165  

Well here is an update from Brian:
Karissa is doing better. She LOVES the cards!!! She got cards from all over the world! she was so shocked, so happy, and so blessed to have received all those cards of care from people that she didn't even know. Thank you so much for all the efforts that you and your teapotters club went through ...although, the results of her heart surgery weren't what they were supposed to be. The normal pressures for someone's heart should be in the 20's, and Karissa's pressures were in the 80's when she went in for her surgery, but it's only been about a month since her surgery and the pressures are already back up into the 60's :/ ...so if you would kindly keep her in your prayers that the pressures go back down and that they stay down, it would be greatly appreciated... i am SOOO grateful for all the efforts of you and your friends. God bless
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2013, 03:56 AM   #166  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

Warm and Fuzzies from Mary..aka redi2stamp....I just returned from a visit to Oklahoma to visit family. You fellow teapotters sent cards to my nephew after a very serious accident on the railroad at a navy base inthe MMTPT206 challenge. Lovely cards, every one. Heath's health is still very impacted and always will be from the damage done to his body, however he is still very active in church and the choir has a special set up to accomodate him so he can still sing and join in. He has saved all the cards in an album and the kind words and prayers still inspire him. Thanks and hugs and prayers back to you guys from Heath and family there in Okla.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2013, 04:02 AM   #167  
Pearl-ExPert

While I am here, I decided to give another warm and fuzzy up date on my son, Rich, whom you all sent cards to in the MMTP249. Rich had the diagnosis of Chronic Myeloid Luekemia with the Philadephia gene. No cure.. BUT.. halelujah! the meds are working and his body has stopped fighting them and is now on a more even keel that lets him enjoy more days up than down! How wonderful is our loving God! And he thanks each and every teapotter for the thoughts and prayers and wonderful cards that came from all over the country and far parts of the world. He says he thinks I am one of the luckiest people to have contact with such wonderful people. I agree... hugs and prayers right back to ya'll!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #168  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

kathleen lammie..I got both your cards for Peggy..Thank You so much...Peggy's daughter is comming over next week to pick up the cards I've been getting..Thanks Again...

Last edited by foxy67; 11-16-2013 at 08:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #169  
Stazon Splitcoast

Trina(Gardendiva) I got your card for Peggy..Thank You sooo much.. her daughter is picking up the cards i got next week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #170  
Stazon Splitcoast

gabalot(gabby) Gabby I got your card for Peggy..Thank You soooo much...her daughter is picking up the cards I got next week.Thanks again..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #171  
Stazon Splitcoast

precious kitty-Jan I got your card for Peggy..her daughter is picking them up next week. Thanks again..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #172  
Stazon Splitcoast

Polly(peeps321) I got your card..Thank sooo much..her daughter is picking them up next week..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #173  
Stazon Splitcoast

(mothers daughter) Jennifer...WOW!! 3 cards..I got them all.. Jennifer thank you soooo much...Peggy is going to love them Very nice of you...her daughter is picking up the ones I have now next week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #174  
Stazon Splitcoast

(octoberbabe) Mary I got your card for Peggy..Thank You sooo much.. her daughter is picking up the ones I got next week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #175  
Stazon Splitcoast

(susie australia) Susie, I got your card..all the way from Australia..Mail lady was sure surprised to see i got a card from sooo far away Thank You soooo much Susie..peggy's daughter is picking them up next week..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #176  
Stazon Splitcoast

(jdmommy) Anne, I got your card for Peggy..Thank You sooo much..I don't think I have to keep repeating my self about peggy's daughter comming next week Thanks again..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #177  
Stazon Splitcoast

Pat (kokirose) I got your card in the mail today for Peggy. Thank You sooo much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #178  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Linsey, I got your card in the mail for Peggy, Thank You very much..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #179  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Connie (stamp300) I got your card in the mail today for Peggy. Thank You Sooo Much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #180  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Mary-redi2stamp.. I got your card in the mail today for Peggy.Thank You sooo much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #181  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Everybody..This is a short note I got from Kathy. Peggy's daughter(mmtpt276 challange) She was here last week and picked up the cards.

"I'm home. I got home Saturday afternoon. Pat and the boys were really happy to see me. Mom and I opened the cards before I left and they were BEAUTIFUL. I don't know what's going on for Chemo yet I'll find that out after Thanksgiving."

Pat is my son. Kathy stayed with her Mom for a while. but she got some one now to watch her Mom. and take her to apointments...I think Peggy is getting a port in after Thanksgiving..It's hard on Kathy too when she lives so far away, but had to get back to work. I THANK everyone for all the cards they sent and Peggy said To make sure I thank everyone for her.
THANK YOU ALL EVER SOOOO MUCH!
Hugs
Pat (foxy67)

Read more: MMTPT276 ~November 12, 2013~ It's Donald We're Booin', Our Town He Will Ruin by momof5sons at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2013, 06:18 AM   #182  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts
Heart Thank you from Anne and Evelyn

Anne says :

Quote:

Thanks to all the kindhearted teapotters who sent cards to my mother (Evelyn) for her birthday?

So far she has received 22 beautiful, stunning, and original cards. They have come from Australia, Ireland, Canada, and all over the US. She didn't know she was to be the recipient, and has been just thrilled every day when the mail brings her more. She has looked at them over and over, and currently they are lined up across our mantel for all to see. Tomorrow, when the family arrives for Thanksgiving, she will show each and every one of the beautiful cards, and the lovely thoughts they contain.

She never gets mail, so this has been quite the experience for her.......a fabulous one. Thank you to all of you who were able to add to her pleasure in this, her 91st. You are all so talented, and yes, loving. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Huge Hugs,
Anne (jdmommy)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #183  
Gabfest Goddess

My dear fellow Teapotters,
I thought you all might like to know my daughter Alex whom we made cards for 1 1/2 years ago (they were house warming cards with a girl and a little white dog) got engaged this Christmas. You might remember she was the lawyer whose husband texted her from the grocery store that he was dumping her (scumbag). She is very happy and once again confident. She mentioned once again that your cards came at the lowest point of her life and gave her something to look forward to everyday for 3 weeks.

Thankyou and Happy New Year,
Cheers, Elizabeth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #184  
Stazon Splitcoast

Elizabeth, congratulations to your daughter and you! You, because if she is happy, you are. May this man be her life's love and there be a happily ever after! For all of you!

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2014, 01:37 PM   #185  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi fellow teapotters, Just a quick note and update for the Dec. 17, 2013 On Gossamer wings that was for Virginia..she says she received so many wonderful comments in the oh so beautiful cards and is so grateful for each and everyone. She does plan to send individual thanks but just took a spill on the library steps and has just now graduated from walker to cane. So for now..just one big Thank You to the most wonderful group! Big hug to each of you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2014, 04:11 PM   #186  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 974 Likes on 663 Posts

I just came back from my Aunt Rose's Party. She loved each and every card. She spent time feeling each one! Unfortunately, I was late and all the cards were opened and passed around the room. I figured out some of the card makers. She was so very excited. She was overwhelmed by how beautiful they were. Aunt Rose told me she wished she could meet each one of you and thank you herself. She gave me a hug to give to all my friends.
Thanks, thanks, thanks to everyone who sent her a card you made her day very special!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2014, 02:07 PM   #187  

MMTPT - Slow Down You Move Too Fast teaparty

I received the following from Gail who request our hippie tea party for Kyla. Gail writes:
I heard from Kyla's mother and wanted to let you know that Kyla was thrilled and overwhelmed with all her wonderful cards. She only opened one or two at a time, saving them for when she was having a bad day, as they lifted her spirits so much. She is so grateful that so many thought and prayed for her. She has three more rounds of chemo which she gets every two weeks, than she will have a pet scan. Thank you all that sent her a card and brightened her days. I didn't know where to post this, so I'm sending you this e-mail. Thank you for giving her a wonderful tea party. It was so very much appreciated. Gail aka graffiti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2014, 07:46 PM   #188  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 974 Likes on 663 Posts

My sister told me a few more cards arrived for Aunt Rose. Ladies you are so wonderful. You made my aunt smile as well as many others in the nursing home! Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2014, 04:44 AM   #189  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

MMTPT325, cards for my brother and his family after the loss of his daughter.

I saw my brother last night and he said his mailbox is full of cards just about every day! He is going to take pics of the cards & send them to me. I wanted to say "Thank You!!" to my awesome teapotter sisters for showing my brother and his family so much love.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2015, 04:11 AM   #190  
Pearl-ExPert

I am not sure if this thread is still active, but I wanted to share a conversation I had with my son who is ill with leukemia. He has a rare kind and the medicine to keep him alive also causes very severe and dibilitating pain most of the time. Yesterday when I visited him the conversation came round to stamping and He said again how much the card party we gave him at the onset meant to him. He cherishes that memory.. So thank all of you so much! Your gift is still giving! Just wanted you to know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2015, 12:11 PM   #191  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Thank you for sharing that with us Mary. You and you son are in my prayers. Xx

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2016, 01:50 PM   #192  
Pearl-ExPert

I wanted to pass along BIG THANKS to all who made cards for Rosie Irons of San Antonio, Texas. Rosie lost her fight with cancer this past Thursday. My sister-in-law, Mary Ellen, was able to attend the funeral and she said her brother, who was Rosie's husband was so very touched as was Rosie to get the cards from all over the country. You gals touch so many. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2016, 04:43 AM   #193  

I will send this out to the teapotters so everyone sees it.....So sorry for your loss
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2016, 05:44 AM   #194  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 761 Likes on 548 Posts
Default THANK YOU!

I wanted to send a HEARTY THANK YOU to all who created cards for Louise Utterback who celebrated her 103rd birthday on March 18th ... MMTPT398! Louise received more than 25 beautiful cards from Splitcoast crafters! Her nieces have placed these cards in photo albums so that they will be preserved and Louise can enjoy them again and again. Thank you so much for blessing Louise in this special way!

~ Rita

God demonstrated His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us ... being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. Romans 5:8 & 9

https://www.chemoangels.com/

https://www.intercessors.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 09:43 PM   #195  
Stazon Splitcoast

BCRibbon THANK YOU from Gabby and CARDS for LUCAS!!!

A big THANKS and CRAFTY HUGS to all of you teriffic Teapotters and Splitcoast friends who recently sent me cards to encourage and cheer me on during some tough times. Ironically I was in the hospital in critical condition when Carol and Sabrina requested the party. Neither of them knew. Made it through that with my head barely out of the water but the drs are monitoring me via weekly blood tests. Here's hoping. Not related to the hospital stay, four days after I got out of the hospital, the surgeon called to tell me I do have breast cancer and they suspect a second cancer, as well. Somebody said "it comes in threes" so for now that should be my three. LOL I know these health issues are serious but somebody else said "LAUGHTER is the BEST medicine" so why not? Heehee! IF any of you have had radiation (5 x a wk for 6-1/2 wks?) please pm me as I would very much like to hear your story. I told the surgeon that I'm positive the cancer will be eradicated. I've died twice and thank goodness, was brought back in full capacity. I beat a tumor that thank goodness was benign but ended up being the size of a toy Nerf football (goodbye to the large lobe of my liver!) So surely this little marble in my breast certainly isn't gonna kill me! No way! He just shook his head and told me to keep thinking that way because attitude counts. The only thing I can't help worrying about is getting through the post-surgery recovery. How does one do all with one hand/arm that the day before required two? As well, the radiation and burns, which I dread. I am fair-skinned and throughout my lifetime, have had my share of pretty bad, painful sunburns. Dread. IF anyone would like to share, please do.

Oh, and Carol was right. Decades ago I had a catering business called "Comfort Foods" and that's exactly what it was--quickbreads, cobblers, cookies, pies, cakes and ooey-gooey desserts. Everything I haven't been able to eat for many yrs now. Go figure. Think fruit.

THANKS to all for the cards and good wishes! Your continued positive thoughts are appreciated.

Crafty hugs to all, Gabby

SEND A CARD TO LUCAS who will be 6 on Saturday, MAY 7th! Sadly, this birthday will be his last. PLEASE READ MY POST HERE:

May 7th Birthday Cards for Lucas' Last Birthday by gabalot at Splitcoaststampers

Thank you for helping to make his last birthday the greatest!

Last edited by gabalot; 05-04-2016 at 09:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2016, 03:21 AM   #196  
Stazon Splitcoast

Gabby, all the best to you as you determine what treatment is best. Thank you for sharing with us.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2016, 04:29 AM   #197  
Hardware Hotshot

Gabby, keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. You are a strong woman and I have no doubt that you will beat this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2016, 04:17 AM   #198  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 458 Likes on 236 Posts

Good Morning Fellow Teapotters!
I haven't been able to speak to my Aunt Dot due to her broken arm, she couldn't use a phone. However, last night I did talk with her for the first time since her accident. She was the recipient of MMTPT402~April 5, 2016~How Can This Be?..It's All So Puzzling to Me!
I asked her about all the cards she received and what she thought about that. She told me that she was starting to have the 'woe is me' attitude. She was feeling pretty sorry for herself. Then she started getting these cards from All Over the Place, from people she didn't even know, and "Do you know what, Roberta? This gave me a whole new perspective about life! It changed my attitude! To actually know that there are people who still care in this world. I filled a whole basket with these beautiful cards and showed them to my friend, Stacy! We just kept looking at all of them!"
Teapotters, you have made my Aunt Dot so happy! We don't always know just how much of a difference a card can make in another person's life, but each card Does make a difference! Thank you so much for making an impact in Dorothy's life! You are all so very special!
Stamping Hugs and Love,
~Roberta

�Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.�
― Lou Holtz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2016, 02:01 PM   #199  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 492 Likes on 271 Posts

To those who sent cards to my friend Al, he asked me to share this with yiou:

"Are you kidding? I absolutely love this "card shower". What is the best way to say thanks to Stamper people? They are very very talented and so are you! The card you sent is gorgeous! I am assuming you either gave them a couple notes about me or many of them looked me up on Facebook because there's definitely a pirate-theme and occasionally mooses, or a grass skirt. So it's very personal and fun! For a guy who usually only gets cards at Christmas and maybe maybe one or two, okay one, on his birthday this has been great. I really thank you and your stamper Friends for all the joy that they have given me in here. I did reach out and find one on Facebook and thanked her and I got a nice reply but I wasn't sure what the ettiquite (sp.?) Was here. ( it's not like I can send them all an ice cream. Lol) I have most of the cards taped to the wall opposite me so that I can look at them regularly. The staff here comment that I have a lot of friends and I really do, in this case it's many of whom I have not met yet. But really, tell them how wonderful this is and how much fun this has been for me and what it's meant to me. Thank you Pat and all your stamperers. ( I think I just irritated a noun)"

I am as delighted as he is- thank you all who sent a card. He's going to be there for quite a while yet, and it's making a difference for him.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2016, 07:35 AM   #200  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Good morning, Teapotters.

I received this lovely Thank You from Karen. She asked that I share it with you all.

I wanted to take this opportunity to send a heartfelt thank you to everyone who has sent me a beautiful handmade card. Imagine my delight to find such a wonderful surprise in my mailbox almost every day for the past two or three weeks. I truly appreciate your kind words, thoughts, prayers and support during this very difficult time in my life.

Just a note about my progress so far. My surgery was successful and all of the cancer was removed. I have just started down the very long road of chemotherapy and radiation and so far I have been fortunate to have few side effects. Every day is a challenge, though, but I continue to manage the child care business which I have owned for nearly 30 years. I am very thankful for my good friend Kelly, who has been there with me throughout this whole journey, even though there is a distance between us. We have remained in close contact since we met in junior high and I am blessed to call her one of my dearest friends.

Thank you again for your kindness. I will treasure the beautiful cards always and consider each one a unique piece of art. Blessings to each and every one of you wonderful ladies!

Sincerely,

Karen Falconburg
Reply With Quote Likes