Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-13-2013, 05:18 AM   #121  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by PTLView Post
I'm not sure if this is where I would say this but I just had to share, I got the sweetest thank you note from Gorge Anderson the Jack Russel card. It was just so thoughtful I wanted to send a thank for the thank you

Yes, I got one too! Now isn't that just the sweetest thing! To me it means that he was brought up properly, with good old fashioned values and manners, you don't find that too much in the younger generations these days. I also look at it as, it's his way of taking his mind off his circumstances. But yes, very sweet! I do say, that I agree with you on wanting to send a thank you for the thank you!

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 02:45 AM   #122  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Heart Warm Fuzzies from Martha ~ Cindy's aunt

Cindy sent this out but thought I'd put it here too in case some of you had a glitch and didn't get it....

From Cindy:

Whew! What an emotional night.......

I wanted to share with you the reaction my Aunt has had in receiving your wonderful cards! The first time I talked to her, she had received a few cards and was a little baffled about who these cards were coming from. She texted my older sister puzzled about the whole thing and my sister said....oh, that's Cindy, Cindy did that! Ha! She was so very thrilled to get your wonderful cards and she was definately feeling your love......

Tonight I musta had my cell phone on silent.....I am not so good at cell phones, for instance, just today on my lunch hour, I realized my cell phone had been on Flight Mode after a week of not receiving my husband's messages...duh! and then tonight, it was on silent! Geeze!!! But, ...back to the story.....I didn't realize I had received a phone call from my Aunt, she had called and left a message.....As I sat and listened to her message, tears came to my eyes and I knew I needed to share her entire message...in her own words.....it was a very emotional message.....she spoke slowly, paused often....voice cracking...I could tell she was very emotional, on the verge of tears and touched......Now, don't laugh at me, but in order to capture completely what she said to me, to share with you, I listened to it 42,000 times and typed it out as I listened to it over and over again, EXACTLY how she said it........When I mailed her my card, I explained to her how Teapot Tuesday came to be...the first time we sent cards to the mother of a teapotter for her birthday and then Destination Station was born and we had been mailing people cards every week for a whole lotta Tuesdays! And not only did you all send her some hugs and love, but you musta shared some warm fuzzies for me as well, because of her comments........... .

EXACTLY, in her own words......this is the message I received tonight.............

Hey Cindy, It's Martha Ellen.......I don't know what time it is there, but its about 8:30 here....I just wanted to call and ask you to..........if you could send out an email to your network......of Teapotters, Tuesday Teapotters...oh my gosh......I have been overwhelmed, uplifted, I feel the hugs and the love and ummm........I just don't know how to tell you.....I wish I had all of their email addresses...I wish I had a way to reach out to them and tell them, tell everybody.......you are amazing Cindy, you are an amazing person.....to have started this....and these people love you....I don't know......I just wish you could send out an email and tell them how much I thank you and them for reaching out to me at this time because it has really made a difference.....I love you...................

See what I mean, it sure brought the tears to my eyes.....so the first thing I did was come to my laptop, open it up and proceed to contact you all to share the thanks and the emotional message I got from my Aunt....Thank you so very much, from the bottom of my heart! I cannot tell you all how much you mean to so many people! You just rock! Never in a million years, could this have been a success over the years without all of you sending your amazing and wonderful cards complete with personal messages written!

Sheri

Last edited by Ksnurse; 01-30-2013 at 02:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 02:48 AM   #123  

Default Ms Eula

and another e-mail Cindy got, on a sadder note. I'm sure Ms Eula will be greatly missed.

From Cindy:
Okay, so on with the story.....I opened up my email and I noticed a message from fellow Teapotter Lorraine (pidgesmom) ....with some sad ....more emotional news.......Eula Cousins....one of our favorite people passed away last night.....

This is the message Lorraine sent me....in her own words....

Cindy,

I just received word that Mrs. Cousins died peacefully in her sleep last night.

There won't be anymore more adventures. She "wrapped the drapery of her couch around her and lied down to pleasant dreams." (from Thanatopsis - her outlook on life)

I'm sure some of the teapotters will want to know. Thanks to them her last several birthdays were wonderful adventures of their own.

Hugs,

Lorraine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2013, 07:44 AM   #124  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default thank you

A late thank you for all the beautiful, fun, wonderful cards sent to Andrea and Erik at the birth of their twins. To say the couple was surprised and impressed at the response is an understatement!! Sorry about the picture. We placed the cards so nicely and then placed the babies. Cards went flying everywhere lol. If you don't see your card it is probably still on the floor!
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-img_1345.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #125  
Stazon Splitcoast

Adorable little wiggle worms, Marilynn!!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #126  
Stazon Splitcoast

Adorable babies! Fun pic. Glad to see it. Hope all is going well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #127  
Stazon Splitcoast

Very cute how you put the cards up and then the babies! Sorry the cards fell, but we are really looking at the babies! Have fun!!!

CCC, MMTPT, QFTD156, Cards for a Cause

Rita/scootsv
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #128  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Bwahaha! Those babies weren't too impressed by the cards standing up so nice all around them...instead they were thinking....let's wiggle around and see how many of these we can kick off this here table! Snort!

OMG! Precious Marilynn.....wonderful cards, wonderful babies, wonderful parents, wonderful grandparents.......doesn't get any better than that! Thanks so much for sharing this sweet picture!

Andrea and Erik did good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2013, 06:08 AM   #129  

Heart APPRECIATION STATION ~ MMTPT232 ~ for Sherry

A lovely e-mail from Phyllis this morn to relay her friend Sherry's thoughts about the teaparty we had for her. Here is a link to the party to refresh your memory

MMTPT232 ~ January 8, 2013 ~ Oh Myrtle, Good Heavens - Your Garden's Uneven by momof5sons at Splitcoaststampers

Please send this on to the teapotters and post it wherever you do, I have enclosed a photo and the words in red are from Sherry Bevan. I want everyone to know that I have loved looking at all the beautiful cards as well. They are so much more special in real life!! Thank you all for doing this for my lovely friend Sherry!

Sincerely, Phyllis Long aka SparklePlenty1000!

My dear new friends:

This is an inappropriate way of thanking you for the
beautiful cards you so lovingly made and sent me, but if
I sent each of you a personal hand written thank you, it
would probably be time for another �Tea Party� for me in
a nursing home - especially at the rate of my
accidents!!

I had no idea my wonderful friend, Phyllis, had put me
on your list....actually, I had no idea of your wonderful
group! When I received my first card, I thought it had
come from someone Norm and I had met in business
and they realized the anniversary of our accident was
approaching. I was mystified, however, that they knew
my address, as I had lived here in San Antonio only a
couple of months. The next day I received SEVEN
cards, so I knew something was going on. I had a
feeling this involved Phyllis, since I knew she made
beautiful cards. I called her and she told me about the
Tea Party, and that I would be receiving more. I just
didn�t know how many more!!! Needless to say, I
couldn�t wait for the postman to come every day. I felt
so loved by the outpouring of messages and prayers I
was receiving, and from people whom I had not even
met! I read and reread each card several times, always
marveling at your words of compassion and
encouragement. This past year has indeed been the
worst year of my life. Your group is a wonderful
ministry, and a testimony to each of you individually your
kindness and desire to bring a smile to a
stranger�s face is appreciated more than you know.
I consider each of you a friend, whom I would love to
meet, and if you are ever in San Antonio, you know
where I live! I would consider it an honor and a
blessing to get to know you.

May God�s blessings continue to shine on and through
you.

Sherry Bevan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2013, 06:14 AM   #130  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 974 Likes on 663 Posts

Thanks ladies for the cards you sent to my Aunt Rose. She just couldn't figure out why strangers would send her cards. She was overwhelmed. She is now in hospice at the Good Samaritan Society. She has bladder cancer. What an awful way to spend your birthday! I had planned to take her out for her 102nd birthday. But that is out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2013, 06:19 AM   #131  

I'm so sorry to hear that. But so glad that she enjoyed the birthday wishes. You will just have to take her dinner in instead...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2013, 06:26 AM   #132  

Heart APPRECIATION STATION ~ MMTPT218 ~ for Jean

Just got a lovely card from daughter of Jean Linabury. We had a teaparty in Oct for her when she was diagnosed with cancer. here is a link to the party to refresh your memory:

MMTPT218 ~ October 2, 2012 ~ Obadiah and The Church Cat! by philsmom at Splitcoaststampers

In her daughter's words:

Dear Stamping Friends,
My name is Jacqui Smith, I am the daughter of Jean Linabury. In August we found out my mom has cancer. Soon after that my SIL Sue asked for prayers on line. With Split coast stamper and Tea potters, we received over 50 prayers via mail.
This is to thank each and every on of you for your continued prayers. My mom loves all of the "cat" cards. Every card was beautiful.
Mom is home now with hospice. Thank you for your love and prayers.

Jacqui Smith and Sue Curtis
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-appreciation.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2013, 07:48 PM   #133  
Stazon Splitcoast

One of my sisters visited Aunt Rose today. She told me that she read each and every card to Aunt Rose. She beamed form ear to ear and had to hold each one and ooh and aah. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2013, 01:39 AM   #134  
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart LUV YOU TEAPOTTERS!

You all are amazing and you are like the Energizer Bunny ... who keeps on giving! Hee! Words cannot thank you enough for all the support you gave me through my chest surgery and then to my Mom with the unexpected surgeries she had to have. THEN, ya'll went and did it again! Shortly after Sheri emailed the update on Mom (alternate surgery in March instead of heart procedure in Feb) I received more cards filled with caring, encouraging messages and good wishes for Mom (I shared them w/my parents.) I wish that I was able to thank you in person and give each of you a big Teapotter Hug but ... I hope this truly heartfelt message, will vicariously convey that to you! (insert BIG Heart here.) And speaking of hearts .. hopefully this alternate procedure in March will be the answer to Mom's heart issue that is at hand. XX (fingers crossed)

Luv and Huggles to all, Gabby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #135  

Warm fuzzies from Nancy re: her mother's teaparty (sent 2/20)

She is still getting cards - got one yesterday from Shirley. She loves them all and is very proud of them. THey are all so different! Sue sent a game and crossword puzzle, Cindy sent hers blank so Mom could use the card again (I am going to start doing that), and others went all out on the humor, the bling, and the beauty they added. They are all so personal which is another reason why this group is so successful in touching lives.

She loves each one of them! She smiles so big when she shows them to me. I knew she would study them all since she makes cards and doesn't get on-line or get any magazines for inspiration. She has already used several of the cards as inspiration to make cards of her own. I talk about a lot of the gals since I have participated in the challenge for awhile. She loved getting cards from people I talk about - then she could see first hand the types of things I have told her about styles, adding humor, personalizing, using cricuts, etc.

Thanks to you and Marie and everyone for doing this. Hugz - zillions of grateful ones!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2013, 05:30 AM   #136  

Default Appreciation Station ~ MMTPT234 ~ Becky

Just got a lovely note from Becky Wilkie yest thanking all for the wonderful cards.

In her words:

I have really enjoyed getting all the fun cards with the bikes and flags. So nice of you to send cards to someone you don't know but to go to the trouble of making them with my favorite things is wonderful. thank you so much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #137  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default On a sad note

Thank you to the many teapotters who sent "garden" cards to my friend Betty over a year ago (Jan. 2012) - and those who also sent birthday cards not long ago.
Unfortunately, Betty lost her battle with lung cancer on Sunday - but she gained her heavenly home. She and her husband Don have been sustained by their faith and the loving concern of friends and family.
Here is the card I sent:
In memory of my friend Betty by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I know that your cards gave her much pleasure when she was very down - and many mutual friends have reinforced this by commenting to me regarding the involvement of total strangers.

Teapotters, you are the best.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #138  

Oh Dorothy, I'm sorry for your loss. Though I'm glad for Betty that she is no longer in any discomfort..God bless you for being such a wonderful caring friend
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #139  
Stazon Splitcoast

Dorothy, I'm so sorry about Betty's passing! I love how you put it, that she has gained her heavenly home. I know not what it is like, but it has to be beautiful, when you can once again be with those that have gone before you, and be pain free. You are both blessed for the friendship you shared.

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #140  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am interested in sending cards off to those in need. I just don't understand the process. So many were very kind and sent cards to my Aunt Rose.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #141  
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyjView Post
I am interested in sending cards off to those in need. I just don't understand the process. So many were very kind and sent cards to my Aunt Rose.

The Teapotters would love to have you join us! I'm not sure who it is you would contact, but I would start with ksnurse. Sheri is the one that sends out the cheater e-mails.
We look forward to your playing along.

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #142  

sending you a PM Joan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2013, 02:34 AM   #143  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsdasView Post
Thank you to the many teapotters who sent "garden" cards to my friend Betty over a year ago (Jan. 2012) - and those who also sent birthday cards not long ago.
Unfortunately, Betty lost her battle with lung cancer on Sunday - but she gained her heavenly home. She and her husband Don have been sustained by their faith and the loving concern of friends and family.
Here is the card I sent:
In memory of my friend Betty by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I know that your cards gave her much pleasure when she was very down - and many mutual friends have reinforced this by commenting to me regarding the involvement of total strangers.

Teapotters, you are the best.
I am so sorry Dorothy! Betty put up a good fight as long as she could and now the suffering is over and she is at peace.....Love you girl....so sorry for the loss of your friend! I am so glad the Teapotters could put a little sunshine through to her.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2013, 04:56 AM   #144  

Default warm fuzzies

Mary sent the following after the teaparty for her SIL

Hi Fran:

I just wanted to let you know that my SIL Jean is absolutely THRILLED with all of the cards she has received. She was extremely surprised. And they couldn't have arrived at a better time, because the weekend following her Tuesday Teapot Honor, she was back in the hospital with some kidney issues. It appears at this point not to be that awful "C" word, and we are keeping our fingers crossed. So these cards served up a double dose of cheering up!! She told me she just can't figure out how all of these ladies know she loves cactus and that she was a hairdresser!!! Hee Hee Hee...us teapotter's have our secrets!!!!!! She also told me she is keeping all of the envelopes so she can show me where they all came from. She can hardly wait for the mail to arrive each day. So THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart ladies. We put a smile on Jean's face again!! Oh, and as a side note from me, I can't believe all the creative ways you ladies came up with cactus cards!! I searched and searched and finally gave up and went with the hairdresser theme. Again, "thank you"

Mary

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2013, 05:04 AM   #145  

Default Appreciation Station ~ MMTPT242

I wanted to share with you all your cards that Bill received. This is the message is girlfriend said. Thank you Connie for being a sneaky and crafty instigator : ) Both Bill and I have enjoyed the cards and how unique each one is yet in keeping with the theme. We were touched by the personal messages of hope from people all across the USA and as far away as Ireland and our neighbors in Canada. These are keepsakes we will put on display and always treasure. Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness and the group effort of the Teapotters in lifting Bill's spirits. Hugs, Chris

Thanks to all & for everything you do.

Connie
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-billscards.jpg  

Last edited by Ksnurse; 04-14-2013 at 05:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2013, 05:10 AM   #146  

Default Appreciation Station ~ MMTPT 244

Received this note from Jan:

Sheri; This is an email I received from Donnie who wants to thank everyone for the wonderful cards he received. I knew I could count on the Tea Potter's group and they didn't let me down. You guys are a bunch of AMAZING people, and I am happy to be part of this group! God Bless always! Jan (Precious Kitty)

Jan,

I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate the cards you have arranged to be sent to me. They are beautiful and encouraging.

Thank you

Donnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2013, 05:15 AM   #147  

Just wanting to share a note from Judy (recent stash request)

Hi Sheri,

I want to thank you and all the "Teapotters" who have sent me wonderful messages, in beautiful cards since my surgery. I have pm's all I think, but would love it if you will also let them know how much I am enjoying getting their cards. It is a special treat to get an actual card from all over the U.S. and Canada.

I am doing well from surgery even if they were not able to remove the cancer from my liver. So the next thing is "Radioembolization" where they will put radioactive beads into my liver. So IF the insurance will approve it, that will be the next step to try and control the growth for a while.

Hugs and Best Wishes to you ALL !!!!!

Love Judy
stampinginVa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2013, 05:28 AM   #148  

Default Appreciation Station ~ MMTPT 241

A lovely note I received from Linda:

Thank You... Thank You... Thank You...

How delightful to have a Teapot Party in my honor! I participated in
the Teapot Challenges for a number of years and have mailed many cards
to others. Never did I imagine that I would be on the receiving end of
one of these parties! I have received many beautiful cards and
treasure each of them dearly. Mostly, I appreciate the personal notes
of encouragement that so many of you included... most of them brought
tears. You truly captured my many interests and hobbies...
pottery, photography, woodworking, gardening and flowers... and your
sentiments were wonderful and inspiring. The cards were beautiful
online but truly are enhanced in real life.

I have enclosed a photo of the cards I received & have also included
cards that I received from Dawn (Flowergal36 on SCS). Upon learning of
my cancer a few months ago, Dawn began sending me cards and gifts and
has brought much happiness to me... she has been a tower of
strength, hope & support. Also received cards from Carla (Cmsuto on
SCS)...

I've also included a photo of my sweet daughter Lisa along with my 3
darling granddaughters, Sophie, Sadie, & Karly. They flew in from
Chicago and were with me during my last chemo treatment.

I so much miss playing with you ladies in the SCS challenges (Teapot
Tuesday being my favorite). I see the weekly cheater emails and I am
so touched by the stories of those who are down on their luck & so much
want to participate but because doctors are treating me aggressively, I
have little energy and/or focus. I just began 6 weeks of daily
radiation treatments and after all treatments are finished I have plans
to return to the Tuesday Teapot Challenges.

Sending you all Teapotter Love & Hugs,
Linda Fornshell (aka zgirlsgranny on SCS)
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-cards.jpg   Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-mail.google.com.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #149  

another wonderful note from a recent stash request recipient; Sue's (Irishgreensue) friend

Please post this so all the tea potters that sent cards KNOW how much their cards are appreciated - I just got this via FB from Patti Boldizar and wanted to pass it along!!

Hi Sue,
I wanted to thank you for putting my name out there for all the thoughts, prayers and BEAUTIFUL cards that were sent to me. Please let your group know that I have received their cards and so appreciate all he kind words. And also can't believe how beautiful each card was. I love hand made cards so much better then bought ones. They just look so much nicer.
Thank again for the thoughts and prayers. I am feeling really good lately and getting around a lot better. So I can get out and enjoy the nice weather that hopefully will be coming and staying around.
Talk to you soon,
Patti

Just know how much blessing your cards bring to help those that need a lift - BLESS ALL YOUR HEARTS!!
Hugs,
Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #150  

and an early reply from the wife of this weeks recipient. Via Sylvia (sillyfilly)

Hello everyone � I asked Sylvia to post this message for me, so I could thank you all so much for making cards for my husband, David. I�m sitting here in tears, not only because of Sylvia�s caring spirit for sharing David�s story with you, and just her wonderful friendship in general, but also because all of you are rallying for someone you don�t know & are sharing your beautiful talent in SUCH a meaningful way! And it looks like you do this for people all the time!! Thank you for making cards that fit David to a tee (oops � pun intended J). I can�t tell you how thrilled he�s going to be to get your cards. He�s in Tulsa at Cancer Treatment Centers of America as we speak getting chemo, and will be home on Friday, which means he may not feel well for several days. Your cards will help lift his spirits I�m sure! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creativity with us!

With much gratitude,

Karen Pearce

I sent Karen the link so she could read the fun story. She is not telling David until after several cards have come then will let him read everything.

Hugs to all of you ladies who do this. It�s such a rewarding thing to use our talent to help brighten the spirits of others.

Sylvia

Last edited by Ksnurse; 04-18-2013 at 05:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #151  
Stazon Splitcoast

I want to share a note that came today from Barb Bratvold and the Kindness Club. This was sent to me since I had shared the article with the rest of you.
Her note says:
"It was so exciting to be recipients of cards from all of you!! You are amazing, creative women. You've inspired us to make better cards. It was a lesson for our club members." I got a thank you photo and lots of first grade signatures!

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #152  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, I too got a wonderful "Thank you" from Barb and her Kindness club! How sweet! My favorite part, is seeing where the children wrote their own names!
My thought, they don't need to be making better cards. When the cards are made with love and kindness, they already have the best ingredients!
Barb, you and your Kindness Club children ROCK!!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2013, 03:59 AM   #153  

I got a sweet thank you from the Kindness Club too. What a precious group of sweet hearts. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to bless them.
Charlene -My Gallery
My blog: www.paperandinkplayground.com My shop: thepapersandbox.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #154  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

How kind is this Evansville Kindness Club....they are sending us thank you cards for sending them thank you cards LOL. I feel really bad that they paid international postage to send me one here in Australia.

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2013, 02:25 AM   #155  

Default Appreciation station ~ MMTPT#249

From his mom:

Just is just to let you know all is going well for Rich, he got your pack with the explanation of how it would work but was still confused. I happen to be there on Saturday when 12 cards showed up in his box. Boy did we laugh and have fun. He saw all the addresses from all over, even Australia, and he said "man, this teapot party group is out of control". We had a awesome time opening the cards and talking about the sender and the card and the work and creativity. He had a good day! Thank you for that story again.. he is getting a break from his discomfort and or pain, and laughing is good medicine! thanks a bijillion!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2013, 02:29 AM   #156  

Hugs to all from recent stash request recipient:

Could you please send out a HUGE THANK YOU to all our wonderful Angels. I spoke to Sandy today (my friend who lost her husband) she said that she has been getting some stunning cards from the tea potters.

She is very grateful for all the kind words and cards.

Thank you thank you thank you to all that have posted a card to Sandy. She has only just started opening cards as of yesterday. She is very numb and just devastated that she has lost her life time friend and husband.

You are all Angles in my eyes. The kindest and most giving group of ladies I know.

Hugs from me and Sandy
Kim xxx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2013, 02:33 AM   #157  

Default Appreciation station ~ MMTPT#250

a great big thank you to all the fabulous teapotters who sent cards to my friend Marie (MMTPT250). She has been blessed with 23 unique & creative cards to date. Marie was overwhelmed with the beautiful cards, the many well wishes & the fact that she was getting mail from all over Canada & the USA & even a few from overseas. Many of the cards & messages brought her to tears. She was truly touched. Thanks to all. You make a wonderful difference in the lives of people you will probably never meet. God bless!

Vicki (Vickydee)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #158  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Hey ladies.

I had a lovely Thank You card from Pat Araujo (Teapot Destination #245) this morning.
Pat says:

I wanted to thank you and all your teapotter on-line friends for all the beautiful cards and notes of well wishes.

It really made my day opening all these cards from all around the world. Each card was so beautiful and unusual. I had to show them around. Please send my heartfelt thanks to all. ~Pat Araujo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2013, 05:59 AM   #159  

I found this posted in the teaparty thread so thought I'd put it here for all to see, such great news

I wanted to give a little update and it's good news!! Karin is doing better and is strong enough to have the surgery to fix her obstruction! It will take place this afternoon or tomorrow morning. I am so happy and am feeling really confident that things will go well. She will have a while to recover and get back to herself but I'm feeling very confident that she is on the mend! Thank you all so much for your time and effort to brighten someones days!

Hugs Renee

And then we got a note from Karin and hubs:

Dear Friends,
I can't begin to tell you how surprised and shocked we were to receive your beautiful cards.
Each and every one of your cards touched our heart in a way that won't be forgotten. Your thoughts and prayers have helped tremendously and these cards have put a big smile on Karin's face and have given her another reason to be strong and continue the fight to get well.

God bless,

Karin and Mike

Last edited by Ksnurse; 07-16-2013 at 09:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #160  

From Gabby's (Gabalot) mom:

A warm, heartfelt hug and thank you to all of you teapotters and SCS gals who sent me birthday and get well cards! My birthday was happier because of all of your cheerful greetings and kind words! As some of you know, shortly before my birthday, I had to go to the hospital for the eighth time. I got there just in the nick of time, was immediately taken by ambulance to a bigger hospital, and a wonderful surgeon saved my life. It is hard for me to comprehend that time after time, I have been blessed to continue to live on this earth with my beloved family. This time, the drs. told me that after so many ins and outs and ups and downs, the road back will take me a long time. I have some good days, some okay days and some not-so-good days. But the main thing, is that I am still here to have "days" to experience, at all! I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciated all of the kindness you have shown me. I will never forget it. My daughter (gabalot) is blessed to be associated with such a great group of wonderful women. Sincerely, Marlene
Reply With Quote Likes