Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My friend, Virginia's cards by foxy67 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
this is a pic of the cards you lovely ladies sent my friend Virginia, that fell down and broke her hip. She wants me to THANK each and every one of you that sent her a card. She was very touched by all of them, and the story's that Liz(goals) shared with her on the farm, she absolutely loved. And Liz, Thank You for sending her 2 of them.
Virginia is getting anxious to come home. Her family got her a hospital bed for her apartment that will make it easier for her to get out of.
THANK YOU ALL ever sooooo much!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Teapotters!!! I am back....sort of....Late with my sponge bob card because I cannot seem to load it into my computer from my camera....This was a very hard week to start my teapot cards because I did not know what a sponge bob was!!! I have been wanting to make cards for some time but my energy level after work is low....very low. I am still recovering. The doctor said it may take a year to get my leg straight but NOT to give up!!! I have to do this challenge though because I personally know what it is like to get a lot of awesome cards during my recovery. I still go through them and smile and thank all of you for caring about me and making me feel so good!! You are the best group on SCS for sure!!! I will be sending my card to Joshua and will upload it late (as usual - no improvement in that area yet either!!!) I took the picture of it today on my tree and just has I finished a BIG clump of snow fell on my head....perfect!!! I think the tree was telling me it was about time!!! Hugs to all of you. I have really missed the gallery.

Proud Fan Club Member
Proud Member of Schirmcat's Naughty List
Member of Send Love Today
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2012, 06:06 AM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Hi

Hi Connie JO..Good to here from you. I and I know every one else has missed you. I hope your healing time goes by faster for you.
Hugs,
Pat(foxy67)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #44  
Easily Inspired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whoo Hoo! My sis is almost back in the gallery! Her famous tree already did his job, now if she could just get her computer to cooperate. hehe So glad you are on your way. You have been missed BIG TIME! Luv ya! :0)
2010 DT for Rubbernecker Stamps
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2012, 04:33 AM   #45  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

OMG! I was just talking about you in the cheater email Con Air! I cannot wait to see your card....now, please get un buried from under that snow and upload your card! We wanna welcome you back and see what you did for Joshua! Whoo hoo! Things are about to feel normal again! So good to hear from you! We have missed you big big big time!

Don't forget your keywords...I know its been a long time! Snort! Wink Wink!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #46  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT181 ~ APPRECIATION STATION

WARM FUZZIES ~ AMY HUFFNAGLE!

Here is a message that was posted in the Destination Station thread......wanted to leave it here as well for all the wonderful teapotters that sent their cards...

Thank all you wonderful people who are making the beautiful cards for Amy Huffnagle! They started arriving this week, and she loves seeing them every day. They definitely bring smiles to her face. It is an incredibly nice thing that you all are doing!! Thank you from Amy Huffnagle!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

I forget about this thread, and so, Connie Jo, I missed your return. Welcome back!
Watch out for those trees and falling snow balls...

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

I hope this is the right place...
I am so glad to be able to give you an update concerning Betty - she is the recipient of all of those wonderful flower carts and other cards. We visited a week ago, and took some pics, but we were not able to arrange them very well - and many more have arrived since then. After our visit, Betty placed them on a wall.

I have lots to share, so this will be a bit long.
Concerning Betty - she is doing quite well. She is able to be up and about, but tires very easily and is very short of breath. They have had to deal with blood clots, fluid in the lungs, and now ports (is that the correct term?) that are healing externally but more slowly internally. Her team of doctors are a bit more optimistic. They want to keep the cancer from spreading to her bones, so will begin chemo as soon as that internal healing takes place. Her husband Don told me this morning that the doctor said he knew Betty had been told that she had 3-6 months. However in his opinion, Betty's resolve, optimism, and prayer could contribute to lengthening that time.

(Tissue time...) Don said that receiving those cards has been a tremendous boost to Betty and to him. I was at a craft sale at the RV resort this morning (Betty had been manager). I was greeted with hugs from another friend - he had been over last night and had seen the cards - so I am passing the hugs to all of you. I heard from so many people, including Betty and Don, how amazing it was for Betty to receive cards from all over - from total strangers. They were so impressed with the beauty and creativity of the cards, and appreciated the time and love put into them.

Our thanks to all of you, and we request your continued thoughts and prayers.

As I re read this, the words seem so inadequate - I hope you are able to feel the importance of what teapotters (and so many others in so many situations) do each week.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2012, 04:15 AM   #49  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsdasView Post
I hope this is the right place...
I am so glad to be able to give you an update concerning Betty - she is the recipient of all of those wonderful flower carts and other cards. We visited a week ago, and took some pics, but we were not able to arrange them very well - and many more have arrived since then. After our visit, Betty placed them on a wall.

I have lots to share, so this will be a bit long.
Concerning Betty - she is doing quite well. She is able to be up and about, but tires very easily and is very short of breath. They have had to deal with blood clots, fluid in the lungs, and now ports (is that the correct term?) that are healing externally but more slowly internally. Her team of doctors are a bit more optimistic. They want to keep the cancer from spreading to her bones, so will begin chemo as soon as that internal healing takes place. Her husband Don told me this morning that the doctor said he knew Betty had been told that she had 3-6 months. However in his opinion, Betty's resolve, optimism, and prayer could contribute to lengthening that time.

(Tissue time...) Don said that receiving those cards has been a tremendous boost to Betty and to him. I was at a craft sale at the RV resort this morning (Betty had been manager). I was greeted with hugs from another friend - he had been over last night and had seen the cards - so I am passing the hugs to all of you. I heard from so many people, including Betty and Don, how amazing it was for Betty to receive cards from all over - from total strangers. They were so impressed with the beauty and creativity of the cards, and appreciated the time and love put into them.

Our thanks to all of you, and we request your continued thoughts and prayers.

As I re read this, the words seem so inadequate - I hope you are able to feel the importance of what teapotters (and so many others in so many situations) do each week.
Dorothy, thank you so much for giving us this update. Thank you for the kind words about the teapotters efforts week after week....it's nice to hear that our cards made a difference in Betty's life...its wonderful to read of a little positive information from the doctors........

Thanks so much. I will email a link to make sure the teapotters see your nice update! Hugs to you and Betty!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #50  
Easily Inspired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dorothy thanks for the Betty update! You know it makes us feel good to send out these cards, and then we feel good again when we hear how happy it made the recipient! Duo-fold! TFS :0)
2010 DT for Rubbernecker Stamps
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #51  
Mini Quack

Yes and please know that prayers are and will be continued... for sunshine, and good days filled with Love and Gods Blessings...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #52  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Hi Teapotters,

Tig is really enjoying his cards. I did not tell him they were coming. Even when the cards started coming in, I remained silent until he ask me, "Who gave the fish challenge?"
I explained to him that Mudder was behind this and how the tea pot challenges work. Today he came in with the mail and said, guess how many I got? He also is telling me how many says he is "da Man". Thank you all for cheering him up. The cards also help to make his boring days more enjoyable and has given him something to look forward to. The cards are all "awesome". You ladies are very creative.

Hugs to you all.
Shirley

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog

I design for Blue Knight Rubber Stamps.
F4A Hostess
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #53  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Aww....so glad he is enjoying them Shirt! I love that he is looking forward to his mail each day! And that soon, he will be back to normal.......probably not soon enough for him though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2012, 04:22 AM   #54  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I think we often forget that men are really just as soft on the inside as women and that kind words and thoughtful gestures can melt their hearts just as easily. So glad we were able to brighten his days.
Charlene -My Gallery
My blog: www.paperandinkplayground.com My shop: thepapersandbox.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2012, 11:40 PM   #55  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookiebakerView Post
I think we often forget that men are really just as soft on the inside as women and that kind words and thoughtful gestures can melt their hearts just as easily. So glad we were able to brighten his days.
Well said!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just a quick update on Betty. I am still hearing how much she is enjoying the cards, and still amazed at receiving cards sent from around the world (yes, Sabrina, I heard there was one from Ireland.) She started chemo this week and is not feeling too well right now. Her birthday is later this week so I will get one off.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #57  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsdasView Post
Just a quick update on Betty. I am still hearing how much she is enjoying the cards, and still amazed at receiving cards sent from around the world (yes, Sabrina, I heard there was one from Ireland.) She started chemo this week and is not feeling too well right now. Her birthday is later this week so I will get one off.
Thanks Dorothy! I hope her chemo settles down for her..not fun! But necessary I think. I truly hope she does well with this, it was nice to know there is some hope there

I am so happy she is still talking about the cards and as a matter of fact, I was just telling Sabrina how much people love seeing her cards all the way from Ireland! Its such an amazing thing to have one from that far away mixed in with all the other cards from all around the country! Pretty cool.....

Thanks for the update!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here I am again.
Betty just stopped by for a minute - she is feeling ok now after a rough week. She has her chemo about every 3 weeks.
She asked me to be sure to send a message to thank all of you for the amazing cards. It was fun to see the sparkle in her eyes as she told me how much they are appreciated. The cards continued to come until just a few days ago - 62 at last count. Betty said that she looked forward to getting the mail each day, as she knew there would be more lovely cards there. She wants me to let you know what an uplift they have been, and continue to be.

A MOST SINCERE THANK YOU AND SHOUT OUT to everyone who participates, whether to send a card to Betty, or to some one else. It does my heart good to know that we can make a difference in so many ways.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2012, 05:59 AM   #59  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Aww...Dorothy....Thanks so much for giving us another update on Betty. I am so glad she was able to pay you a little visit. And that she is hanging in there.... What an amazing number of cards she got....and its so cool that she continues to get a few here and there....I am so glad they have brought her joy! Thank YOU! Without you giving us this opportunity, it would not have happened! You have a good heart, that does good, seeing cards to out! Hugs....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello My Fellow Teapotters,

Let me say right off the top, you are such a WONDERFUL Group of LADIES!! To know that I am a part of this Wonderful group is Heart Warming to say the least. I know first hand the joy and happy tears you bring to all the recipients of your wonderful handmade cards and prayers and well wishes.

The past several days when I have gone to get my mail, the box has been full of the Love you Ladies share so freely and wonderfully. I cried with every card that I read. These cards gave me the strength to face each day of taking care of Raymond, my BFF and ex husband.

Sadly, on Saturday, Raymond went to be with the Lord. He is pain free and with those that have passed before him. My Mom asked me to ask of him, to set up a table with 3 chairs. When she goes, she will bring the Kismet and Yahtzee games he so loves to play. When I arrive, I will bring the dominoes. So for now he is getting reacquainted with other Loved Ones, but anticipating the games to come.

For now I am trying to regroup, but I look forward to getting back into the swing of the Tea Parties. Though I have been absent from the galleries and SCS most of the time, I was able to get cards off for all the challenges. That too was something I needed to do. There is so much joy and fulfillment that comes from being able to share the joy and cheer where it is needed that I couldn't pass on the opportunities.

So to you Cindy and all the other Wonderful Teapotters, I am Proud to be a Teapotter! Thank you, Thank you!!!

Big Hugs to you all,
Jennifer

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer

Last edited by mother's daughter; 02-28-2012 at 04:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2012, 03:04 AM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jennifer,
Hugs and prayers to you. I know that you have been through a lot, and realize what a difficult time this has been. It is so hard to lose a loved one, but knowing that pain and suffering have been exchanged for a better place must be of comfort to you.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2012, 03:49 AM   #62  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Aww...Jennifer....I am so sorry for your loss......even when its expected, just a matter of time, it is still such a difficult time! I think Raymond was lucky to have you in his life and your mother's request warmed my heart.....being reunited once again.....

Thank you for the kind words....I am so glad you felt some teapotter love...we have missed you...I can't believe that you sent cards to all the destinations even while going through such a difficult time! Thank you for that! You are one special teapotter!!!

Hig bugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2012, 05:54 AM   #63  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hugs and prayers to you, Jennifer!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #64  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Thank you to my Teapot Sisters who have sent me cards this week. As I stated my "my" Teapot Tuesday thread, I have been deeply touched by the love I feel even though my computer screen.

Seeing the beautiful cards in person and reading the messages inside is so wonderful! I cannot express how much this means to me. And I know that my husband would be happy, too, that he is being remembered in such a way.

I posted a link to the challenge thread on my facebook page. My mother wrote a response, but I want to post it here too for all my sisters to see:

"As Robin's mother, I would like to thank all her fellow stampers for the love and support you have shown her during this sad & difficult time. From the bottom of my heart, Thank You."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 03:39 AM   #65  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Aww Robin.....thank you for posting your message here! I am glad the cards have brought a little bright spot to your life at this time! We appreciate all you have done for so many over the years of Teapot Tuesdays!

What a nice message your mom left on your facebook page....heartwarming! Hugs to you, hang in there, I think about you all the time!

Thanks for the warm fuzzies!

Last edited by Mothermark; 03-05-2012 at 04:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 06:26 AM   #66  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I want to express heartfelt and overdue thanks to all of the Teapotters for everything you did for my mother and for me this past 18 months. When I first heard from Dawn and Cindy about my appeal for cards for my mom, I had no idea how much love and kindness we would be experiencing from you all. The cards that you sent when Mom first started her cancer treatment (more that 150 of them) stayed up around the house until after her death. She was tickled pink by them and every day couldn�t wait to go to the mailbox. Then later, she sat and studied each one, marveling over your creativity and trying to use them to inspire ideas in her own cards. I tried to thank each of you individually then, and hope I managed to do so.

Mom was such a sweet person. She was my stamping buddy and my best friend. Honestly, I haven�t been on SCS as often as I used to be, because without her, there is something huge missing. But I am starting to try to embrace the wonderful things she taught me, She not only gave me a love of crafting but also taught me the value of being always kind and treating each other with love. I think most of all I will always see her legacy for me as kindness.

Mom�s cancer came back so quickly and aggressively and we were caught by surprise. Honestly, we hardly even had time to realize she was terminally ill. But of course, so many of you were there to support us. Those cards brightened her hospital room and gave both her and me so much comfort during those last three weeks while she was hospitalized. They almost felt like a little bit of home! I lived in that hospital room with her for most of that time, and the cards made it so bright and cheery. Then after her death is was such a comfort to receive sympathy cards from you all. I am sorry to say that this time that you sent cards, I wasn�t in a place where I could be organized to keep track of them all and thank you properly individually. But please know how much they meant to me, I really needed to know that you guys cared, and of course you came through for me.

You guys are such an amazing group! I know how much effort it takes to get these cards out to their destinations week after week, but believe me, you are doing a world of good!

Last edited by mnfroggie; 03-10-2012 at 08:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #67  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Hi Trina......its good to hear from you although I needed a kleenix as I continued reading your nice comments here. What a heartfelt message and a wonderful reminder of your mom and what she brought to the SCS community! She was all about kindness and caring and that continues through you! It was quite a shock to us all as well when her cancer returned as she was making cards and sending them to the destinations right along with us for quite some time after her first treatment.....She will be sorely missed and always remembered.....

Thank YOU for the kind words here! And don't even begin to worry about not keeping track and acknowledging your sympathy cards......everyone knows you and your appreciation and never in a million years, would expect acknowledgement at such a difficult time!

Big hugs.....
Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #68  

Trina I am sending big huge hugs too. I know that this must be a difficult time for you and and know that I am keeping you in my thoughts. I am so happy to hear about what the Teapot ladies did for your mom and for you. This is a very special group of stampers and everything they do comes straight from the heart. Hang in there girlie...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 03:30 AM   #69  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT188 ~Warm Fuzzies ~ Understandblue (Lydia and her mom)

MMTPT188 ~ WARM FUZZIES
FROM LYDIA (UNDERSTANDBLUE)
AND HER MOM
(VIRGINIA)

Good morning everyone!

Our royal cat cards (Dizzy Lizzy and her buds) have made it to their destination and are at home with Virginia. Here are some warm fuzzies with evidence of that! Giggle! In Lydia's own words (red) and in Virginia's own words (blue):

My mom has gotten SCADS of cards and is tickled pink!!! Not only did people send cards, but they sent letters, photos - one lady sent pics of her beautiful kitties and one lady sent my mom a little cat!!!

It's really amazed both of my parents and they continue to come in!! One thing that makes these ladies so special is that they truly do put their heart and the story into each card - there's no cookie cutter anything with Teapot Tuesday - this is the heart and soul of the stamping world in its absolute best light.

You are a blessing, and so is everyone in this challenge. She can't sit at the computer too long, but she sent me this email

I wanted you to know how much I LOVE and apppreciate all the beautiful and unbelieveably creative cards I have gotten from the Tuesday Teapot Challenge folks. They are absolutely marvelous. LOVE THEM!!!! They make me feel really happy and back alive again. Mom (Adore all those wonderful cats!)

xxxxoooooo
Lydia Fiedler
Community Manager - Splitcoaststampers

Thank you all for making *doing your thing* so special to those who receive it's result!

Hig Bugs!

Last edited by Mothermark; 03-14-2012 at 03:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #70  
Stazon Splitcoast

I know I am filling this thread, but I did want you to know that I have another update on Betty, from Don, her husband, and I want to share parts with you - so that you know how much you and your prayers are appreciated:

Quote:
Thank you for all your prayers, please keep them coming for Betty. They are working as He listens and works wonders...

Monday, March 26th, Betty had her 3rd session of 2 chemos. (She had problems with blood pressure spiking, and fluid on the lungs.)
- Tuesday, we went to see the pulmonary doctor to have the draining of fluid that carries the cancer cells from Betty's lung. Get ready, God does do miracles - xrays were taken, shown to us with several previous xrays for comparison.
are you ready -

They found no fluid in her lung, two weeks earlier in emergency room stated she needed drain tubes put back in as problem breathing.
She was told Chemo was working and she will continually get better and should be.

We are full of praise to all of you and HIM leading us the right path, putting angels in our way helping us in the uphill struggle. Today, we are tired but very happy and we know that more strength and guidance is needed to be positive and see more miracles. Thank you and everyone you have had contact with that even said one prayer. Thank you with our love."

AND here is Don's reply as I asked permission to share this:
"Yes, their prayers were just as helpful as the pastor. Please thank them for such beautiful cards and smiles...and kindness."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #71  
Stazon Splitcoast

Dorothy- this is all wonderful and good news for Betty and her husband Don. I will continue to pray for both of them. Betty to endure and get beyond all of this, and Don to have the strength to see Betty through it all. May God continue t work in his mysterious ways for them and all.

Hugs,
Jennifer

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #72  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Oh my! Goodness! That is so awesome and so heart warming Dorothy! I am so tickled for your friend and her husband......thanks so much for sharing this awesome news from Don and Betty! Wonderful news!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #73  

I am not sure if this is the right place to write this but in the last two days I received an abundance of awesome get well and thinking of you cards and they seem to be coming from teapotters! Since I am on Cindy's teapotter list, cheater emails, etc I looked all over for a message I might have missed! I will take pictures of each card and post them in my RAK album in my gallery and will send a PM to you personally thanking you!
It is amazing to be on this end of receiving these awesome cards!
I am recovering from my hip replacement pretty quickly and I just had a bit of a set back this week - I have accumulated a lot of swelling around my knee. This afternoon I am going in to get the fluid aspirated. In the meantime I have had to sit with my leg elevated applying ice when I am not moving. Hence, I am back to not being able to make cards.
Happy Easter and Happy Passover to everyone! With much love, Harriet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2012, 03:15 AM   #74  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by hskellyView Post
I am not sure if this is the right place to write this but in the last two days I received an abundance of awesome get well and thinking of you cards and they seem to be coming from teapotters! Since I am on Cindy's teapotter list, cheater emails, etc I looked all over for a message I might have missed! I will take pictures of each card and post them in my RAK album in my gallery and will send a PM to you personally thanking you!

It is amazing to be on this end of receiving these awesome cards!
I am recovering from my hip replacement pretty quickly and I just had a bit of a set back this week - I have accumulated a lot of swelling around my knee. This afternoon I am going in to get the fluid aspirated. In the meantime I have had to sit with my leg elevated applying ice when I am not moving. Hence, I am back to not being able to make cards.
Happy Easter and Happy Passover to everyone! With much love, Harriet
Hi there Harriet!

So glad you got some wonderful cards! So sorry that you had a little set back but hopefully the treatment you received did wonders and you can get back to getting better!

Don't look to hard through your emails for the card request! I deleted your name in the address block so you would be surprised! Giggle! Hope you had a wonderful Easter......and hang in there girlfriend! Thank you for the kind words here...I will share it with the teapotters via email as well!

Keep getting better!

Last edited by Mothermark; 04-10-2012 at 03:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2012, 02:49 AM   #75  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart WARM FUZZIES ~ MMTPT194 ~ CHARLES AND ROSALIA

MMTPT194 ~ Warm Fuzzies from Charles, the Ham Operator!

I received this wonderful email from Rosalia about this week's Teapot Tuesday challenge. Charles is witness to us hamming it up! Snort! In Rosalia's own words:

Hi Cindy,

Please send the following to all the teapotters - thanks. As this week calms down I plan on leaving a comment for each amazing lady.

Thank you all for the wonderfully creative cards that Charles received. You really hit the challenge on the head - with hammers, nails, buttons, letters, teapots, Q's, morse code and even a purple belt - gosh you guys are amazing! Each card brought a sweet message, and it was great to see his face light up with each one. I wish I could show you how he studies each card, and points out all the different things - and the ones with morse code have kept him busy - for hours! He's trying to decode the messages. With all that has been going on he had sort of lost interest, but all the cards have sparked his interest - again - in getting his "shack" going. I found out that is what "hams" have - a shack. I thought we needed a building permit, but no, just a corner of the family room. Charles said when he gets his shack set up he is going to post all his cards on the wall - I will post a pic. He is getting better and stronger every day, and I believe getting all these wonderful cards bringing such kind and sincere messages are doing tons to motivate him emotionally and mentally. This has been a very humbling experience and from the bottom of my heart I thank each and everyone -teapotters really are the best.

Hugs, smiles and mainly gratitude,
Rosalia, Charles, Maryetta and Lia

Rut roh, hope you teapotters didn't send some in-appropriate morse code!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2012, 03:47 AM   #76  
Cardstock Collector

GRAET
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #77  
Inking Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to gogogonz

Hello Teapotters!
I wanted to thank all of you for sending Justin your cards.

Justin's mother just called this afternoon, and Justin was so tickled with all the homemade cards. The family has left for New York. Justin will spend 3 to 4 days in a lead lined room after being bombarded with radio active isotopes. It's the last station for Justin. If this doesn't work, the doctors have nothing left.Thank you for thiniking of Justin. The boy will not be home for a while

Thanks for all you do. You made Justin's life very magical.

Bobbie Gonzales
gogogonz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2012, 02:46 AM   #78  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by gogogonzView Post
Hello Teapotters!
I wanted to thank all of you for sending Justin your cards.

Justin's mother just called this afternoon, and Justin was so tickled with all the homemade cards. The family has left for New York. Justin will spend 3 to 4 days in a lead lined room after being bombarded with radio active isotopes. It's the last station for Justin. If this doesn't work, the doctors have nothing left.Thank you for thiniking of Justin. The boy will not be home for a while

Thanks for all you do. You made Justin's life very magical.

Bobbie Gonzales
gogogonz
Hi Bobbie....

Thank you for posting your nice comment here....my thoughts and prayers will be with Justin over the next few days, weeks, months.....I truly hope this will be a success in New York......Hugs to you........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2012, 03:48 AM   #79  
Stazon Splitcoast

Bobbie,
Thanks for the update. My prayers will be with Justin. I am glad we could send a little cheer his way.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #80  
Mad Swapper

Default Quick note re MMTPT198 for Gypsy

Just wanted to let everyone know that I spoke to my friend Sharon yesterday and that Gypsy rec'd my pkg on Friday - in it, I enclosed the Destination Station post and a picture of the teapot and cookies and a letter explaining what was about to happen. I included a small photo box that he will be able to keep his cards in. Funniest thing, he tried to describe the box to Sharon (it's a brown texture-looking box with silver corners - nothing fancy) but he was so taken by it! Don't remember any comments she mentioned about my card - hee hee! So, just wanted to let you know how totally excited he is going to be over the next couple of weeks.

Also, if you could send a few prayers his way. A major decision is to take place this week regarding whether he will get his electric wheelchair back (long story that I can't go in to) but prayers will be really helpful for all involved!

I can't wait to hear once he starts getting the cards and I will be sure to update you! Thanks for all you do. My friend Sharon is already touched beyond words - Gypsy's excitement is a true blessing for her too. Our teaparties touch people beyond any scope or boundary we can imagine and she calls us Card Angels! Hugs to all . . .
Reply With Quote Likes