Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-11-2011, 06:17 AM   #1  
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Weekly Musical Challenge #32 - Hint: You can climb them

Ladies, I would like to thank all of you that participated in last week's Musical Challenge - Take A Back Road. I know it's getting to be nicer outside and people aren't wanting to stay inside. However, I appreciate you staying inside to play this challenge with me. Remember, if you have any ideas on making this challenge better, please pm me. I want to hear your ideas. Or if you would like to request a song to use as our inspiration, you should also pm me.

This week's song was chose by our very own FMcrafter. Thank you FM for coming up with such a great song.

Okay, I am guessing you want to know who is our new "Happy Mail Lucky Duck". Well the winner of the "Take A Back Road" cards is: Drumroll please: Laurenscraft

Way to go Lauren!!!! Congrats!! Lauren, I do have an address on file for you. However, if you would rather we send the cards else where or if you have moved, please pm me the address otherwise I will use the one I have. To those of you that plan on sending Laurenscraft your card please pm me for her address.

As you can see I came up with a name for the recipient of our musical cards. You shall be the Happy Mail Lucky Duck!!! Also, I have to say this again because it just freaks me out; I truly do put each and every person's name that made a card into a bowl. Usually my dd draws but she isn't home this weekend so I had to draw myself. And bam once again the new person wins. Is this not wierd?? Or am I just thinking it is?? Either way, I think it's great!!!

Ladies, let's keep in mind that we all love it when we see comments under our cards. So please let's all try to leave love under everyone's creations. For those of you that couldn't find my card, mine is almost always posted at the bottom of post #1.

Woo Hoo It's time to announce this week's song. Is everybody ready?? Here we go. This week's song is:

Ain't No Mountain High Enough by: Diana Ross and the Supremes

Here are a few of the lyrics You can listen to the song by clicking on the title.
If you need me, call me
No matter where you are
No matter how far
Just call my name
I'll be there in a hurry
You don't have to worry

'Cause baby,
There ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough
To keep me from getting to you

If you are new to the challenge this is how it works. Each Saturday I choose a song. I then ask you to make a card that is inspired by the chosen song. Then post your card here in the forum and we can leave our comments and chat about it. Then next Saturday I will put everyone's name that made a card for this challenge into a drawing. The winner will be the recipient of the cards made for this challenge. Therefore I will ask you to consider sending your card to whomever is the lucky recipient. However, it is NOT mandatory that you send your card out. You may use it for whatever you wish.

Also, please remember in order to have your name put in the drawing you MUST post your card here in the forum before next Saturday.

Please use the keyword: DDMCC33

HAPPY CREATING!!!!

My Ain't No Mountain High Enough Card
Have Fun!!!!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2011, 07:26 AM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Congrats to Lauren for winning the drawing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2011, 08:52 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Congrats Lauren! I didn't get mine made and posted in time, but I'll make one up and send you.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this song!!!! Great song!

In the end we are not only defined by what we create, but what we refuse to destroy.
John Sawhill~Nature Conservancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 894 Likes on 567 Posts

Congrats Lauren!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am today's official huggy monster!! I am hobbling around the threads giving hugs as I go
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Musical Challenge #32 - Hint: You can climb them-thumb_aging_poodle_toon%5B1%5D.png  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to laurenscraft

WOW, thank you. I think it is a strange coincidence that sometimes happens, Tee Hee!!

Am I allowed to prefer that the cards be sent to our Lynn to be added to her package of Cards for the Troops please??? The only thing is.... no glitter!!

My Blog and My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

AAAAWWWWW Thank you Lauren...I think I got scammed where I was sending the cards though so I am looking into them while we have rotating postal strikes here in Canada.

BBBBIIIIGGG HUG!!
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Musical Challenge #32 - Hint: You can climb them-hug-club-clip-art-699%5B1%5D.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well grumpy bear (my son is on night shift) is finally up so I can make noise. I got playing around with pictures of the Canadian Rocky Mountains]

Ain't no mountain high enough by FMcrafter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2011, 05:35 AM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning ladies. DH left out this morning so I need to keep busy today so I don't worry about him. I will be fine once he calls to tell me he is there.

Lauren, you can request the cards go where ever you would like them to go. However, we need to find out from Lynn if she wants them mailed out yet due to the postal strike in Canada. If Lynn would rather we hold them until the strike is over everyone can either put them aside until Lynn gives us a go or you can send them onto me and I will send them all at once to Lynn when she says its a go.

Lynn, which would you prefer? Especially since you are not sure about the place you were sending the cards to.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2011, 09:09 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send them on out to me...I've already started a my pack of cards I just need a new person to send them though. My friends nephew is going over seas soon and we're thinking of sending them though him once he's stationed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2011, 12:08 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Hey everyone..I am so sorry I been kinda MIA... As i told you all we had my god sons luau on last weekend, and I also had my son's 6th birthday party on saturday ...so I been extremely busy and didn't get to my craft area so much so I could not make a card for last weeks challenge.

but,...I am ready to get back in the game.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2011, 03:37 AM   #12  
Proud Fan Club Member

Well ladies, I kept myself busy yesterday. I reorganized some things in my stamping room. I had to put my ribbon into a clear flat bin for now since dh didn't get my ribbon shelves moved. Then I organized my scrap paper. I usually just throw it all in a bin. However, there is so much in there I never use it because I don't feel like digging to find what I need. It's just easier to get a new piece. So I first seperated it; one pile for plain c/s and one pile for d/p. Then I took each pile and broke it down by size, then by color. Now I just have to figure out how to store it. Oh and I also went through all my stampsets. I wrote down the ones I would like to sell or trade. Then I went through all my stampin up catalogs (they date back to 1999) and wrote down which catalog they came from. Then while looking through all these catalogs I wrote down stampsets I would like to find. I had finished up and a half hour later dh called and said he got to Michigan. Yay, I kept busy all day. I didn't get to stamp tho. But since today seems like it is going to be a pain day...I will be stamping.

To those of you that would like to send your cards to FMcrafter (Since that is where Lauren would like them to go) please pm me for her address. FM, that is an awesome idea to send them with your friend's nephew. I'm sure he will make friends right away when they see he has those to share.

Anganny, I am sorry but I have to ground you now. See you didn't take me to the luau so I'm grounding you. hehe...So how was the luau? And how was your son's birthday party? I'm glad to see that you are back with us. As you may have guessed, we have a new player. Laurenscraft is new, so please give her a warm welcome. WELCOME BACK ANGANNY.!!!!

Ladies, I was thinking...If I kept track of the Musical Challenge players birthdays would we want to send each other birthday cards??? Ladies if you would like to send each other birthday cards please pm me your birthday. I only need the month and day. I have most everyone's address already so that part I don't need. I think it would be a lot of fun. Let me know what you think. Just so everyone knows, we have a birthday tomorrow. LAUREN'S!!!! Yay!!!!!!

Last edited by DellsDani; 06-13-2011 at 03:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2011, 08:55 AM   #13  
Proud Fan Club Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN!!!!!!!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 03:18 AM   #14  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning ladies. Guess how much stamping I did yesterday? Hardly any. I cas'd one card from Markie's Mom. That was it. But I did some house cleaning so I didn't waste the day away. BTW if you wanna see some of the prettiest cards I have ever seen, check out Markie's Mom's gallery.
Today, is definately a stamp day. I do have a dr's appt this afternoon but that is all I have to do today. Yay!!!! It's an appt with Dr. Doofus, but my dd is going with me, so no worries. I hope y'all have a great day!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 09:17 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

hey there Dani, just on my way home from a wedding....been mia for a week or so. I hope to be making some cards this evening when I get home. I've been missing everyone so I'm glad to be heading back home.

Mycraftingtherapyroom
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 01:48 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Now Dani you know I don't have a Birthday...I was wrought this way!!! ***getting her shoes on and preparing to run amuck****
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 02:18 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

OMC OMC OMC!!! Oh My CAT! I went to put on my amucking shoes and there was the cat putting them on instead!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Musical Challenge #32 - Hint: You can climb them-mer.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #18  
Proud Fan Club Member

See y'all...she is training her cat to come and run amuck with her because she knows I'm allergic. lolol

Ladies, this week's alphabet challenge has been posted. It is post #92 of the Alphabet Challenge thread.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2011, 10:03 AM   #19  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Cat doesn't look too happy that you want to wear the shoes that he is trying to wear!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
OMC OMC OMC!!! Oh My CAT! I went to put on my amucking shoes and there was the cat putting them on instead!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2011, 10:08 AM   #20  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampmontanaView Post
Cat doesn't look too happy that you want to wear the shoes that he is trying to wear!!!
shh hi montana, I don't want FM to hear me. She's training her cat so the cat can run amuck around here. That way she can blame the cat for all of her mischief.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2011, 10:53 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

See I wanted to call her spitfire when I got her,,,,now everyone said she would calm down. BBBUUUTTT NOOOO. So she has a sedate name like Pewter and she runs around jumping on the dog trying to pin her big ears...see where I get my antics from!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampmontanaView Post
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2011, 05:50 AM   #22  
Proud Fan Club Member

G'morning ladies. I hope everyone has a great day today. Me, I think I will be sleeping for most of it. Between not sleeping at night and my blood pressure being so low (73 over 57), it seems I am tired a lot lately. I hope we have a warm day with no rain.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Suzy!!! We are on our way to solve the mail delivery problem in Canada. Kerra and I are on our way to you first!!! Oh she says she wants to be paid in milkbones and that I will have to pay my own way!!
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Musical Challenge #32 - Hint: You can climb them-corgisled.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #24  
Hardware Hotshot

Yay!! Crafter to the rescue!! It'd be SO nice if you would solve the mail delivery problem. I just sent two swaps out by courier today so they arrive on time.....WOW!! Certianly not as cost effecient as postal!! And I'd be more than happy to pay Kerra in milkbones!

Quote:

Hey Suzy!!! We are on our way to solve the mail delivery problem in Canada. Kerra and I are on our way to you first!!! Oh she says she wants to be paid in milkbones and that I will have to pay my own way!!

Mycraftingtherapyroom
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2011, 03:25 AM   #25  
Watercolor Wizard

Ok here it is.... just scraping in time I think!!

ain't no mountain high enough DDMCC33 laurenscraft by laurenscraft - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

My Blog and My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2011, 06:15 AM   #26  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning ladies, I will be back on later. I have swap cards that I need to finish as well as some errands to run. Lauren I love your card. The little guy is too adorable. It reminds me of a game I played as a child. I can't remember the name of it tho. My brothers and I would find a really high snow bank and whoever climbed to the top first had to manage to not let anyone push him/her down. Now that I think about it as an adult, it was a pretty dumb game for my brothers and I to play. Why, you may ask. Well one of my brother's has c/p so he never made it to the top of the snow bank. Therefore it was just my other brother and me. We could have just pushed each other without the climb lol. Sometimes we'd help Jimmy (he's the one with c/p) to the top and then of course we'd be done playing and say he won cuz if we would have pushed him down a snow bank my mom would have, wooo don't even want to think what she would have done lol. Okay ladies, I will be back later. Huggs

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2011, 06:49 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lauren...in this swap you are in the land of the Dells so you have an extra day to play!! Ain't it grand when there is extra playtime!!!!! I'm off to play with your mountain man!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurenscraftView Post
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #28  
Watercolor Wizard

oops silly me!!! Tee Hee

My Blog and My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ya but we love ya anyways Lauren...ooopppssss...did I actually say that.....IN PRINT.....OH NO...ERASE ERASE!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2011, 05:33 PM   #30  
Hardware Hotshot

Yup.....you did...out loud...in black and white...lol! How's the littlest hobo and you making out on your trek to bring me my happy mail??!! ;)

Quote:

Ya but we love ya anyways Lauren...ooopppssss...did I actually say that.....IN PRINT.....OH NO...ERASE ERASE!!!!!!

Mycraftingtherapyroom
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well...the logistics of the milkbones has me stumped right now....I think I need a cost to travel ratio per milkbone so I can figure out how many I'll need

***ponder **ponder
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #32  
Watercolor Wizard

Gotcha Lynn....;)

My Blog and My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

New song tomorrow so if you have been on the fence,get them posted!!! We love seeing creations.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2011, 10:57 PM   #34  
Watercolor Wizard

I posted, have you posted???? Less entries, more prizes for you and me, Tee Hee;)

My Blog and My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Dani hasn't posted yet...so I am running amuck and posting for her...A CAT song!!!!!! LOL

you can find the new challenge here...I will get my card and the winner done as soon as I can and post them to the first thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2011, 05:17 AM   #36  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello ladies, glad to see you kept the chatter up while I was gone. I hope everyone has a great time with their fathers. Those of you that have them that is. I know everyone has one, however, some of us have well I don't know if I'm allowed to say what I'm thinking so I will just say some of us don't know ours. My mother raised her five children by herself. I used to send her Father's Day cards every year.

Reply With Quote Likes