Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #1  
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Weekly Musical Challenge - 17 - Good Friend and A Glass of Wine (LeAnn Rimes)

Thank you so much FMcrafter for playing last week. You were the only one that posted a card so I will be sending my card to you. I am going to try spending a bit more time out here to see if that helps bring in players. Thank you again for playing. And thank you to those of you that were hoping to get your cards done. At least you were thinking about us right? And to me that counts for something so thank you.

Woo Hoo It's time to announce this week's song. This one is going to be easy for everyone, I think. Is everybody ready?? Here we go. This week's song is:

A Good Friend and A Glass of Wine by: LeAnn Rimes (You can listen to the song by clicking on the song's title.)

Here are a few of the lyrics:

A good friend and a glass of wine
Someone to say it's gonna be alright
A good friend and a glass of wine
A little pick me up to get me through the night
We talk trash n' we laugh and cry
That kind of therapy money can't buy
Every now and then, every now and then
Every girl needs a good friend and a glass of wine

If you are new to the challenge this is how it works. Each week I choose a song. I then ask you to make a card that is inspired by the chosen song. Then post your card here in the forum and we can leave our comments and chat about it. Then next Saturday I will put everyone's name that made a card for this challenge into a drawing. The winner will be the recipient of the cards made for this challenge. Therefore I will ask you to consider sending your card to whomever is the lucky recipient. However, it is not mandatory that you send your card.

Also, please remember in order to have your name put in the drawing you MUST post your card here in the forum before next Saturday.

Please use the keyword: DDMCC17. HAPPY CREATING!!!!

Dani's Card inspired by "A Good Friend and A Glass Of Wine"

Have Fun!!!!

Last edited by DellsDani; 03-06-2011 at 04:43 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2011, 10:06 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bonnie (RadUse) sent me here so I am subbing with hopes to get 'er done this weekend!!!

Thanks Bonnie... nevermind on the link... I found the thread! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2011, 11:14 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 894 Likes on 567 Posts

Hello KelliJo! welcome to the group.

I did my card without wine cause I don't drink and just could not find a glass *joking*. Here's my card Forever Friends by FMcrafter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 04:33 AM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member

Well hello to KelliJo and welcome. I hope you have as much fun with this as we do. Please send our best to Bonnie. I sure hope she gets some relief soon. By the way I love your name. Oh and we do like to chat it up at times so feel free to jump in anytime. Kellijo meet FMcrafter, she is not only a regular here but also a dear friend and co-host. Oh and a lot of fun.

FM, I too left the wine out of my card. I am not a drinker either. Never was and hope to never be. I love the image on your card. They look like they have been best buds for a very long time. Nice job.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Thanks for the welcome ladies... yes, Bonnie and her head make me sad!!! I REALLY hope they figure something out soon....

I plan to play in the next few days, just got up as it's my first day off and just 4 hours sleep makes me rummy... lol

Again, thanks for the warm welcome!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 01:08 PM   #6  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Red face Hey hey!

I did get my card done for last week but again got behind and didn't get it uploaded by Saturday, sorry! FMcrafter, I will PM ya for your address as I'll send mine to you. I will upload to share as well.

I'm going to try to get my card for this week's challenge done today so I can get it uploaded timely.

I was stamping cards yesterday playing VSN but last night I got food poisoning and am just starting to feel better today. I need to give the dog a bath, get dinner for DH and then I hope to be back to get my card done. I need time to think about what I'm going to do for this one...hmmm? ;) Good challenge Dani!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 05:21 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lmn- food poisoning, OMG. That's not good. I hope it was a mild case.

Hey can you throw my dog in with your's, she needs a good bath with the snow melting and freezing here. She is just so low to the ground and her underside is all white that it is almost impossible to keep her clean. Ok, yes she hates to get a bath as well.

Get better soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 08:38 PM   #8  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face well...

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
Lmn- food poisoning, OMG. That's not good. I hope it was a mild case.

Hey can you throw my dog in with your's, she needs a good bath with the snow melting and freezing here. She is just so low to the ground and her underside is all white that it is almost impossible to keep her clean. Ok, yes she hates to get a bath as well.

Get better soon.
I'm not sure it was mild as I was sure I needed a hospital but was too, too sick to have my DH take me. What I am glad about is that my family didn't eat the same stuff for dinner I did so they did not get sick. I am feeling better, thanks!

I have a little 6 lb poodle so giving her a bath isn't so bad. She doesn't mind it if you keep the water warm. It was just brushing her that was difficult. She's sleeping next to me now so it must not have been too traumatic. She's little so she gets muddy easily.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #9  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Yay!

Finally a week I got my card uploaded timely! I don't drink wine nor did I have wine stamps but I did find a cute stamped image of 2 friends someone sent me that was perfect for the challenge.

Friends Forever
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Stamp'n In The Light

Received 276 Likes on 189 Posts

I'm on time for a change!! Here's my take: Old Fashioned Wine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 05:08 AM   #11  
Proud Fan Club Member

G'morning ladies. Well I didn't make it out here yesterday during the race. In fact, I even had to miss the race. My daughter was feeling down and needed mom and daughter time. Ladies, you have made awesome cards for this song. Thank you.

LMN, I am sorry that you got food poisoning. I had that one year after eating left over cranberries. That's a bad illness. BAD!!! I sure hope you are feeling better. BTW..did you know you are not suppose to serve cranberries a second time?? I did not know this. I have always kept the leftovers. Not any more tho...learned my lesson. Your card is absolutely perfect for this song. Thank you so much for posting it.

KelliJo you are so welcome. I can't wait to see your card. I hope you did enjoy your day off. It is so kind of you to help Bonnie out. Altho I do see Bonnie posted. YAY!!!!! However KelliJo, we would still love for you to play.

Bonnie, welcome back!!!!! I sure hope you are getting a little relief. Thank you for sending KelliJo our way. She sure does seem like a great person. And what a friend aye?? I love your card. The wine glass charm was an awesome addition. Why didn't I think of that? Probably because I don't drink wine. lol...Thank you so much for playing this week. I hope your health allows you to continue playing.

FMcrafter, I also love your card. The image is perfect!!! I hope your feeling better as well. Thank you for playing every week. You ROCK!!!

Ladies, I need to know what you think. I have a dear friend, a fellow SCSr who has had some real bad luck with her health lately. She had back surgery some time ago only to find out that she has to have another. She had a fushion that didn't take. She has a bunch of other things wrong as well. She broke her shoulder recently and hasn't been able to do any stamping. She is getting depressed thru it all. So, what do you think of sending her the cards for this week? I think the song is a perfect fit. She is such a beautiful person, I hate to see her down. Of course, if more people play this week I will ask them what they think of this as well. Please let me know what you think. If even one person does not agree to this then I will not do it. Because, after all, I am the one who keeps telling people they could be the recipient of the cards made. If you feel better pming me your answer that would be fine too. Well ladies you have a great morning. I have to go get ready to take Lucky to the vet for his rabies shot then to the post office to mail out some swap cards. Then back home to card making. I will come back out later today. ((((((Huggs))))))

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 06:05 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Stamp'n In The Light

Received 276 Likes on 189 Posts

Morning Dani. Thanks for the sweet comment on my card. I love that wine glass charm even though I don't drink either. Found the charms at Michael's in their $1 spot one year and just bought them on impulse. I just knew one day I would have a reason to use at least one of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 10:04 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello ladies, Long time not "see" (tee-hee). I don't drink, but I find a nice, hot bath and a facial at the end of a long day helps me de-stress. So this is my take on this week's challenge:

DDMCC17 by hsclay - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #14  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by raduseView Post
Morning Dani. Thanks for the sweet comment on my card. I love that wine glass charm even though I don't drink either. Found the charms at Michael's in their $1 spot one year and just bought them on impulse. I just knew one day I would have a reason to use at least one of them.
Wow I am so excited to see you and Heather back in action. Yay!!!!! You are welcome for the comments. See I wish I could be like you and see something and buy it and then USE it. lol I see I buy...then I have no idea what to do with it. lol..Great job!!! I hope you are feeling a little better. I say a little cuz I know it takes baby steps sometimes. (((Huggs)))

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 10:17 AM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsclayView Post
Hello ladies, Long time not "see" (tee-hee). I don't drink, but I find a nice, hot bath and a facial at the end of a long day helps me de-stress. So this is my take on this week's challenge:

DDMCC17 by hsclay - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
((((((Heather)))))) WELCOME BACK Girlfriend!!!!! I hope you are doing well. I love your card. Absolutely love it. I sooo would love to find a friend to go to the spa with. My best friend and I talk about it however, she has a new boyfriend so...now I have to play second fiddle for awhile. I know it won't be long. She does this a lot so maybe I will get my spa day soon. Anyways...I am soooo glad to see you and Bonnie back. Wow, it seems like it's been forever. Please do not disappear on us again. You make me worry then. Besides we need you here. shhh I'm whispering this to you. Someone needs to be here to keep FMcrafter on a short leash. You know she can get pretty wild. hehe Welcome back girl!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #16  
Proud Fan Club Member

Ladies, a few things. Please read my post below that talks about sending these cards somewhere. Next, let's all try to make sure we leave comments on each other's cards. Everyone loves to see love about their cards. Next, Please welcome KelliJo with open arms. She is a friend of Bonnies (raduse). Hopefully she will stick around and become a friend of ours too. Then lets welcome back Bonnie (raduse) and Heather (hsclay). You were missed very much girls. I hope you both are doing well.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, some wonderful cards this week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 03:40 AM   #18  
Proud Fan Club Member

I totally agree FM. However, nobody has said how they feel about sending the cards out to a fellow scsr that is going in for back surgery.

So what is everyone up to today? I have to take Lucky and Lucy to the groomers this morning and then when I pick them up I am taking Dusty (Bird) in so he can get his nails trimmed. My daughter is coming over to clean my carpets and I am spending the day making cards. Yay!!! Therefore I should go get in the shower and get ta gettin. Y'all have a great day!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 08:23 AM   #19  
Proud Fan Club Member

Ok ladies, I have a funny story. I took Lucy and Lucky to the groomer this morning. I was at the front desk checking them in and my dd was standing next to me holding their leashes. The lady comes out to get them and says to Lucy "You're my kind of dog. You know what you want and you get it." I look down and here is Lucy chewing on a teething bone. lol..little booger. Now not only do I have to pay for that one when I pick them up I also have to buy one for Lucky because it wouldn't be fair for her to have one and not him. lol Too funny.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 09:44 AM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by DellsDaniView Post
Ladies, a few things. Please read my post below that talks about sending these cards somewhere. Next, let's all try to make sure we leave comments on each other's cards. Everyone loves to see love about their cards. Next, Please welcome KelliJo with open arms. She is a friend of Bonnies (raduse). Hopefully she will stick around and become a friend of ours too. Then lets welcome back Bonnie (raduse) and Heather (hsclay). You were missed very much girls. I hope you both are doing well.
I cant help myself I love to leave my comments I jsut thought that is respectful since everyone took so much time to make them and post them. Besides for me it helps if someone notices that I might of made it wrong or could do a better job with a better technique.
Raduse welcome im also new and totally new to the site as well and loving it here thanks DellsDani for steering me over here to this thread. Im home today most of the day and well try to get what I can done.
Now for sending to the sick friend im in on that one too. Everybody needs to know they are missed or to let em know they are special
Hugz everyone Toni
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 09:45 AM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I totally agree FM. However, nobody has said how they feel about sending the cards out to a fellow scsr that is going in for back surgery.
Im in Girlie girl just well be back after I make breakfast for my man
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #22  
Rubber Obsessor

If everyone agrees to send them to your friend what about making some with her in mind like a get well or an encouragment so they well be more personalized that way to her as well as make for the challenge.?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 10:33 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

I thought I had replied this morning at 4am, such a twit. I'm in for sending them to the lady having surgery or for making some special ones just for her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey! if you're gonna keep me on a short leash means you have to take me to the groomers as well! Hello spa day!!

Hello Ladybluemoon welcome to the group.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #25  
Proud Fan Club Member

Toni, you made it to this one too. YAY!!! WELCOME!!!! I love your idea of making the cards get well cards. This is awesome that you are just jumping right in. That is so cool. And just so you get to know everyone raduse is a regular, she hasn't been able to make cards for health reasons. Well I am so glad you made it girl.
FM...the groomers was a trip and a half. I will share later. I have to go get Dani my granddaughter to take her to dance class. BBL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Hey! if you're gonna keep me on a short leash means you have to take me to the groomers as well! Hello spa day!!

Hello Ladybluemoon welcome to the group.
HAHA short leash Im in on the groomers too sounds relaxing to have somebody run their fingers thru my hair. I wanna sign up too. lol
Thank you FMcrafter that was sweet of you to welcome me here yahoo feeling the love
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #27  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Toni, you made it to this one too. YAY!!! WELCOME!!!! I love your idea of making the cards get well cards. This is awesome that you are just jumping right in. That is so cool. And just so you get to know everyone raduse is a regular, she hasn't been able to make cards for health reasons. Well I am so glad you made it girl.
FM...the groomers was a trip and a half. I will share later. I have to go get Dani my granddaughter to take her to dance class. BBL
Thanks so much Dani and ya I got some ideas running thru my head and im game making one now for raduse ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 03:13 PM   #28  
Rubber Obsessor

My Thinking of you Card
I hope you like it.

Last edited by ladybluemoon; 03-01-2011 at 03:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #29  
Rubber Obsessor

They moved my card to a different gallery not sure why when it was for a challenge so I changed my link in my prior post.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

No worries, they probably moved it to a stampin up galler based upon your stamp. They do it all the time.

Beautiful card. I think I'll go find some space and make one too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Dani, you've got 2 extras for your next trip to the groomers...is your car big enough? Will I have to sit in the carrier again LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Hey Dani, you've got 2 extras for your next trip to the groomers...is your car big enough? Will I have to sit in the carrier again LOL
Only if you fit cuz unless its big enough I wont fit to well lololololol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 06:15 PM   #33  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

No worries, they probably moved it to a stampin up galler based upon your stamp. They do it all the time.

Beautiful card. I think I'll go find some space and make one too.
Thank you I was thinking it was moved cuz it was a butterfly. I was gonna do this technique that I read using condenced milk to emboss with it well come out about the same as using the white ink only way better. I havent tried it yet but have seen it done and so far hers turned out great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #34  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Thanks!

Thank you Dani & Bev for the pretty cards you sent me for last week's challenge! What a fun treat.

My card is in an envelope for your friend Dani who is having surgery, I just need an address ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 06:38 PM   #35  
Rubber Obsessor

I need an address too Dani can you pm us with it..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 10:05 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, I just created this card so can you please PM me the address as well. Thanks

Thinking of you card by FMcrafter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2011, 03:47 AM   #37  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello ladies, I only have a few mins this morning as I have to pack for my Illinois trip. But...LMN you are so welcome for the card. I am glad you enjoyed it.

FM and Ladyblue, I left love on your cards. You too crack me up. Yes you can come and get groomed too. lol There's always room for y'all. hehe. I will pm y'all Dawnie's address once I get to the hotel and get situated. I just don't have time this morning. Sorry. It should be early afternoon I hope. She sure is going to appreciate these cards. So thank you to all of you that are playing this week and to those of you that are sending their cards to Dawnie.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2011, 07:27 AM   #38  
Forum Fanatic

Well, I did get the challenge done this week.

Good Friend And A Glass of Wine (bb) by triasimite - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

First Great Grandchild
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #39  
Rubber Obsessor

LOL Totally would be super great who wouldnt want to get groomed and massaged as well as manacured oh wait we can get that too its called the spa wow I think I might need to go just to relax maybe thats what my man and I will have to do after the wedding hummmm Im gonna spring it on him ;)

Quote:

Hello ladies, I only have a few mins this morning as I have to pack for my Illinois trip. But...LMN you are so welcome for the card. I am glad you enjoyed it.

FM and Ladyblue, I left love on your cards. You too crack me up. Yes you can come and get groomed too. lol There's always room for y'all. hehe. I will pm y'all Dawnie's address once I get to the hotel and get situated. I just don't have time this morning. Sorry. It should be early afternoon I hope. She sure is going to appreciate these cards. So thank you to all of you that are playing this week and to those of you that are sending their cards to Dawnie.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2011, 10:30 AM   #40  
Forum Fanatic

Address for me, too, Dani.

First Great Grandchild
Reply With Quote Likes