Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-22-2011, 05:35 PM   #1  
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Weekly Musical Challenge - 12 - You could be the recipient of these cards

Thank you so much to everyone that played the Butterfly Kisses Musical Challenge this past week. Ya'll really stepped up to the challenge. And now ladies it's time for a new song to inspire you and it's also time to announce the recipient of the cards made for last week's song, Butterfly Kisses. Drum roll please...the winner was drawn by my granddaughter Danimerri...and the winner is:

katstamperupper

Way to go Kat!!! Your very first musical challenge and you are also the recipent of all the cards made. Please remember it is not mandatory that the ladies send their cards to you. However, I am sure you will see some happy mail very soon. Congrats!!! Please PM me with the address to where you would like the cards to be sent. Or if you would like you can post the address right here in the forum.

Woo Hoo It's time to announce this week's song. Is everybody ready?? Here we go. This week's song is:

Hey Good Lookin' What You Got Cookin' by Hank Williams Jr.

Here are a few of the lyrics:
Hey, Hey, Good Lookin', whatcha got cookin'
How's about cookin' somethin' up with me ...
Hey, sweet baby, don't you think maybe
We could find us a brand new recipie. ...

If you are new to the challenge this is how it works. Each week I choose a song. I then ask you to make a card that is inspired by the chosen song. Then post your card here in the forum and we can leave our comments and chat about it. Then next Saturday I will put everyone's name that made a card for this challenge into a drawing. The winner will be the recipient of the cards made for this challenge. Therefore I will ask you to consider sending your card to whomever is the lucky recipient. However, it is not mandatory that you send your card.

Also, please remember in order to have your name put in the drawing you MUST post your card here in the forum.

Please use the keyword: DDMCC12. HAPPY CREATING!!!!

My Hey Good Lookin' What You Got Cookin' Card

Have Fun!!!!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 05:57 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! That's wonderful....thank you so much. It's fun to be given some direction and a deadline helps, too. Sometimes I just sit and stare at my stamps and don't feel overly inspired. If anyone would like to send me their cards, that would be great. My address is Kat Theus
4223 Uplands Drive
Nanaimo, BC
Canada V9T 4M5
Also, if anyone would like the card I made for this challenge, I would be happy to send it to the first person that replies - I can't think of anyone to send it to that I know here.
As for your question about a gallery - yes, I do have a gallery here on splitcoast and it's listed under katstamperupper.
Thanks again, Dani and all the other ladies, it was a blast!
Kat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2011, 12:10 PM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

Default DDMCC11

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatstamperupperView Post
Wow! That's wonderful....thank you so much. It's fun to be given some direction and a deadline helps, too. Sometimes I just sit and stare at my stamps and don't feel overly inspired. If anyone would like to send me their cards, that would be great. My address is Kat Theus
4223 Uplands Drive
Nanaimo, BC
Canada V9T 4M5
Also, if anyone would like the card I made for this challenge, I would be happy to send it to the first person that replies - I can't think of anyone to send it to that I know here.
As for your question about a gallery - yes, I do have a gallery here on splitcoast and it's listed under katstamperupper.
Kat

Kat, congratulations! My card will be in the mail tomorrow morning. Enjoy!

Bev

First Great Grandchild
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 894 Likes on 567 Posts

OK..this was a bit of a challange but here is what I made.

Hey good lookin what you got cookin by FMcrafter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 10:21 AM   #5  
Forum Fanatic

I finally made it. Here's my card.

Hey, Hey, Good Looking (bb) by triasimite - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

First Great Grandchild
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I missed last week's challenge. I think my creativity took a week's vacation, I didn't even touch my stamps last week.

Dani, I received your Days Go By card yesterday. I loved it, very elegant.

Here's my card for this week's challenge:

DDMCC12 by hsclay - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2011, 11:17 AM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Ladies, I am just stoppin in to say Hi and I have missed ya'll. My blankity blank blank internet went down and they couldn't find the problem....omg...grrrr....and ooops they accidentally disconnected me. How does this happen???? I went off. I now am getting free service. Except I don't know for how long....lol...leave it to me to forget to ask that part. Oh well....it's back on and that's what matters. So...I have a gazillion thank you's to post...a gazillion pm's to answer....and a gazillion posts to read...so give me a bit to play catch up. Hugggs ya'll. I've missed ya'll!!!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2011, 02:06 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was about to send out an internet search party for you! I'm glad it was just the usual internet joys that keep our blood pumping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, forgot to say I left a comment on a person's card in the gallery letting her know that her card would have been perfect for our challange. I hope she comes out to play.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2011, 09:51 AM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member

You are very welcome. My card is on its way to you. I would love to receive your card if noone else spoke up first. I am so glad you are enjoying this challenge. We are trying to get the word out so we get more and more players. We definately have a great group of players!!! I hope you continue to join us each we.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatstamperupperView Post
4223 Uplands Drive
Nanaimo, BC
Canada V9T 4M5
Kat

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #11  
Proud Fan Club Member

G'afternoon everyone. Wow I love all the "Hey Good Lookin What You Got Cookin" cards that have been made so far. I would like to ask everyone to please leave comments on the cards that are made for this challenge. Of course it is not mandatory, however, it truely does feel nice to know others like what you are doing.

Heather, thank you. I am so glad you like the Days Gone By card. I love the 'vintage' look. Hence the vintage/victorian swap. hehe

Bev, I am so glad to see you made it. And with a very nice take on the song. Good Job.

FM thank you so much for helping me to get the word out about this challenge. I really hope we end up with lots of players. Could you imagine being the recipient then??? I like looking at the new additions each day and asking them to come and join us.

Well ladies, I am off to make more cards. I have a few swaps I need to start on. I only have 56 cards to make...oh wait..nope I have more....birthday cards and a sympathy card as well. Lucky that only totals five more oh wait...I have a welcoming one too so that makes six more. Ok so I'm up to 62. Woo hooo I will be a stampin fool. I LOVE IT!!!! I don't know why but SCS makes me feel needed. And that is such a nice feeling. Well I better hush and get ta gettin. ((((((HUGGS))))))

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #12  
Speedy the Cat did WHAT?

So far the cards look great! I don't have any "food" stamps, so I'm sitting this one out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2011, 08:04 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

I'm sorry I can't join in this week. I work 10 days on my shifts and have two little guys at home which take up my eves, but I will definitely play along this Saturday - can't wait to see what the song is. I would be happy to send you the card I made - it's just sitting here by the computer looking lonely - send me your address : )
Kat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Katstamperupper- keep the card so that you'll have one to pass on one week where your schedule just doesn't fit. As a single mom I can understand where you are coming from. AND I do MUST of my stamping between midnight and 3am!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by markie's momView Post
So far the cards look great! I don't have any "food" stamps, so I'm sitting this one out.
Too bad you can't jon in on this one, we'll miss your creativity
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2011, 05:01 AM   #16  
Proud Fan Club Member

G'morning ladies.

MarkiesMom, I am sorry you are sitting this one out. I too will miss seeing your creativity. Have you looked at hsclay's card? She didn't use food. FM didn't either, if I am remembering correctly.

Kat, same for you. Your creativity will be missed. However, I do understand the time issue.

I do hope the two of you will find some time to come and still chat with us. FM and Bev, I hope you are having a good day. Today I have to drive my youngest around looking for jobs. Then it's back to the stamping room. I have some birthday cards to get sent out as well as a few other cards to make. However, I will try to check back in this afternoon. I also want to spend some time inviting others to come and play along with us. I truely wish I could come up with a clever way to get people to come and play. Maybe if I offered prizes or something. What do ya'll think of that?? Maybe a prize for your first time...or a prize if you bring another person in to play...these are just thoughts. Like I said, I have yet to come up with anything. Well ya'll have a great day. (((((Huggs)))))

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #17  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello everyone. The new song for this week's challenge has been posted. So has the recipient of the cards for the Hey Good Lookin' cards. Check it out

Reply With Quote Likes