Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Do you like this thread?
A little 0 0%
A lot 4 66.67%
So fun! 3 50.00%
No 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2022, 10:43 AM   #241  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Pansy we live in southern Spain, it takes ten hours to drive to Bilboa in the north, from there we catch a ferry to England, it takes about 30 hours, we have an en-suite cabin then it takes three hours drive to our sons in Kent. We love the drive, we two hours each and stay in a hotel the night before catching the ferry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2022, 03:58 PM   #242  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 595 Likes on 369 Posts

Sorry you have a sick child on your hands Pansy. I hope he gets better soon.
We usually get our weather from the west, so if you are in the midwest, we will probably end up with that weather over the weekend. I'm not sure where you are.
Have a headache today, which is very unusual for me. So I did not accomplish much. Missed Bible study, made 1 card. I need to get a card made for our March challenge.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2022, 10:06 PM   #243  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hi

Pansy, sorry you have a sick kid! Ina- hope you feel better!

I did go to Bible study this AM, then was going to go to Chicago to be with my daughter for her Lasik surgery, spend the night and take her for her AM appt tomorrow. Well, the surgery was cancelled at the last minute because the equipment was not working up to standards. So, I had the day at home after Bible study, instead of heading down there. My nose runs alot, this AM maybe a tiny bit more than normal, but... whoa! I am sneezing and have a really runny nose now! At Bible study, we sit pretty distant from one another, so was not close to any of the ladies. I am guessing I must have picked up something at Religious Ed on Monday...... only one of the kids had a mask on.

Jan, I wonder now after your travel insurance bit if you need that because of Steve's heart surgery history or if anyone with health issues needs it. Do you have to have the insurance to buy a ticket? Whoa- that is a really long trip to London!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2022, 12:49 AM   #244  
Stazon Splitcoast

Shelly no one checks of you have insurance before you book but it’s very silly especially if you are going to the USA with the massive health costs, it apparently cost two million dollars for Steve’s bypass in SF, insurance covered it,the cost goes up because of his heart problems, pills he takes etc but we wouldn’t travel without it.we have gold star cover, haha. His two week pills in SF cost me a thousand dollars, eight euros a month here.

Julie told us about a customer who had a cough, she said she didn’t want it covered, goes on a cruise and turns in pneumonia, the insurance wouldn’t cover It, she was airlifted from the ship, Julie said she told her about steve but she still ignored her advice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2022, 02:16 AM   #245  
Stazon Splitcoast

I really can't understand why people don't get extra travel insurance, especially going to the US. Saving a few $, can end up costing so much money if you get sick or have an accident. I get insurance even for a day trip across the border and in the 24 years I have been going to visit my son, I have never needed any health care. My ex used to go without insurance, until he got attacked by a dog and got serious injuries to his hand. Insurance does get more expensive when you get over 70 or when you have ongoing health issues.
But Jan, I am sure your husband got top notch care in San Fransisco. Maybe better than he would have if he had been back in Spain?
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
mcschmidty (03-11-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 02:46 AM   #246  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ina he did get top notch health care in SF and we have said he maybe wouldn’t have survived if we had been here as he was at the hospital pretty quick as our son lives close to the hospital, here they would have taken him to the medical centre then another hours drive to the hospital, I doubt he would have survived that wait for treatment , our sons neighbour is a paramedic who came to help, he told us a few years later he didn’t think steve would even make it to the hospital, actually treatment here is really good, contrary to what people think, he’s been well looked after in the last ten years.

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (03-11-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 04:43 AM   #247  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 488 Likes on 307 Posts

Thanks for saying how you travel Jan....Where I live in Western Kansas we are 3-5 hours from a large city. Amarillo in Texas, Colorado Springs in Colorado or Wichita in Central Kansas...
When our girls were showing horses we often left home at 3 am to arrive in time to make entries, get horses read and so forth for an 8 am start...We often just stared at people who wouldn't drive to our town for a show "because it was too far"...as if the miles for us to come to their show didn't count.
I drive to Wyoming some years to attend photography workshops and it is about a 15 hour drive to arrive at the site.
I think you are wise to do the travel insurance. ESpecially with the viruses that are awful now you never know when plan will change due to health....Glad your Steve received good treatment and is doing well. and yes medical costs are high in the US-- even as a fairly healthy individual I pay more than $500 per month for medical insurance (medicare plus a supplemental policy) and then a prescription insurance on top of that as well. But--my two new knees didn't cost me anything out of pocket,,,my cateract surgery last May would have been the same story except I opted for a type of lens to insert that wasn't covered and so I paid $600 for a better? more distance lens.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (03-11-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 04:56 AM   #248  
Stazon Splitcoast

Pansy we are used to driving, we lived in Germany for eight years, my husband was in the military so from being born our two boys were used to traveling long distances, we’ve always driven from England for holidays in France, Portugal, Italy well anywhere we could drive to, ha,ha
sounds like you are used to driving too, we did a road trip from SF to Las Vegas three years ago with our son, we loved it, our DIL was working but thought we were mad when a flight would have been quicker but we loved the scenery in the desert, so like Spain.
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (03-11-2022)
Old 03-12-2022, 06:02 PM   #249  
Forum Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Just popping by to say Hi. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. In my area we had snow most of the day, (and it was cold along with it) So I thought it would be a perfect day to stay indoors and make cards!
Jill
QFTD165
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2022, 05:30 AM   #250  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

well, survived the spring forward junk...have both clocks changed and will do the car when I run to the grocery this morning. The coming week is Spring Break for my school boys...I have the 9 year old enrolled in a short zoo camp but the 6's will be with me all 5 days so activity planning is under way.. Weather forecast is for cool mornings with afternoon noon highs all over the thermometer.
Trying to find some energy as I have a list that needs done today but somehow it is resistant to my calling for it.
Have been making a lot of cards. I attended a craft retreat and took only my bits and pieces sacks. Cards partly done, Cards left from swaps where I cut more than I sent, you know.....some images I had colored ahead and more of that type of thing. There were 9 at the retreat and I was the only one who didn't leave over the 4 days(two partial and 2 full) to go out to eat or hit a crafting store. I worked about 40 hours over the above 4 days...ie 11 hours the first day, 14 the second and so forth....Took home 169 cards completed and about 20 more that needed a sentiment or bling to be done. Tired---you bet but my soul was so happy about finishing those nagging cards.....so since that I have been playing with new folds and other techniques. and making NO EXTRAS when I plan a card.....LOL!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by c-mouse:
JRHolbrook (03-13-2022), mcschmidty (03-14-2022)
Old 03-13-2022, 05:33 AM   #251  
Stazon Splitcoast

Pansy our eldest GS went to a zoo camp in SF, we used to take him and collect him, he loved it, our youngest GS went for a day last summer and loved it, he goes to the zoo every Saturday with his Dad as they have a yearly pass.
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (03-14-2022)
Old 03-13-2022, 07:27 AM   #252  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,983 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Pansy, you are a card making machine! When I went to the retreats I usually scrapbooked, but made a few cards too. I would get about 25 layouts done, but only because I did a lot of making up kit pages before I went! I have been scrapping this week end, 3 pages so far. When I get home from church I have a two page layout planned. Then, I will work on our Spring card! Jan’s (Heartsong47) is amazing.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by smadson:
JRHolbrook (03-13-2022), mcschmidty (03-14-2022)
Old 03-13-2022, 12:11 PM   #253  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow Pansy, you are amazing. It probably takes me a whole year to makev169 cards! When I go to an event, I do quite a bit of socializing, so I don't accomplish nearly as much as I should. Mostly it's just shoebox events, where each person creates a card a makes enough card kits for however many people will be at our tables. Team events at our upline, are only held 2 or 3 times a year, so we like to catch up, and I used to attend an annual event in Rochester, mostly people who have been coming regularly .......more social time. And of course, everyone wants to talk to me, because I am the only Canadian there.
Have fun doing projects with the boys during spring break. My neighbour will have her 3 granddaughters here and I usually have a paper crafting afternoon, as grandma does not do crafts (she does baking) planning to do some origami, but I may plan an easier craft for the 7 year old, as she does not catch on very fast. I will also play with my grandsons. Currently we still have enough snow for sledding and they live beside a little park with a big hill. My other grandkids are vacationing in South Africa.

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (03-14-2022)
Old 03-14-2022, 06:47 AM   #254  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I like reading about you Ina, and you, Pansy talking about you all spending time with your grands. Never got to do that, as our grands lived so far away, and now they are grown. :(
Ina what are your grand kids doing in vacationing in South Africa? How did that come about?

I wonder how CarrollAnn is doing.
Well, I am off to clean up breakfast dishes, and maybe craft. Maybe get my Spring card done for Jan’s (Heartfelt 47) challenge today! What about the rest of you? Working on our challenge yet. Be sure and let us know when you are done, and link your card here, so we can all go see it!
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (03-14-2022)
Old 03-14-2022, 06:29 PM   #255  
Kookie Creator

Received 523 Likes on 222 Posts

Here is my spring card:
Happy Chicks by TeriJ at Splitcoaststampers

Dollar Tree (the $1.25 store LOL) find inspired my spring theme.
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (03-14-2022)
Old 03-15-2022, 03:04 AM   #256  
Stazon Splitcoast

This is a photo of our town hall square yesterday afternoon, red sand was coming over from the Sahara causing the red colour in the sky.
Attached Thumbnails
Twisted Sisters Bus Tour #7 (Helmets required)-b0d0a820-bbee-4313-ae78-5cc81e0057ab.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2022, 05:36 AM   #257  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, my goodness, Jan! That is unreal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2022, 05:46 AM   #258  
Stazon Splitcoast

Our DIL says it looks like the movies of the Wild West , ha,ha
Reply With Quote Likes
smadson (03-15-2022)
Old 03-15-2022, 06:35 AM   #259  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Does it affect your air quality?
Reply With Quote Likes
yellowrose46 (03-15-2022)
Old 03-15-2022, 06:39 AM   #260  
Stazon Splitcoast

I didn’t think so but a lady in the supermarket said it was affecting her, yesterday the sand on the beach was blowing about as we walked along though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2022, 07:14 AM   #261  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Wow, that photo of the red sand-colored sky is very eerie looking! You would think it would cause breathing problems. Hope it clears up soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2022, 07:17 PM   #262  
Forum Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Jan, that's an amazing photo,,Thanks for sharing.
QFTD165
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2022, 05:25 AM   #263  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Neat photo!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2022, 05:38 AM   #264  
Stazon Splitcoast

Now we have red rain and every surface is covered in mud, windows, tiles, etc the pool water looks terrible! We’ve already been out and swept some on to the garden but there’s still more to do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2022, 07:14 PM   #265  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, has this happened before! It sounds like a mess.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2022, 09:51 PM   #266  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon this happens most years at least once
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2022, 09:54 PM   #267  
Stazon Splitcoast

This is the mess we were left with
Attached Thumbnails
Twisted Sisters Bus Tour #7 (Helmets required)-dc94e34c-3686-4183-bd5e-2e4b5be02d1d.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2022, 02:56 AM   #268  
Stazon Splitcoast

My card for the challenge, Spring

Spring is here by jan31 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (03-18-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 05:07 AM   #269  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, the Winter Storm turned out to be a bust....not only did the predicted rain not arrive till 4 hours later than stated--it lasted at least 2 minutes and didn't leave a lot . The snow arrived about 8 last night and was completely melted in by 6 this morning. and not much of it either. Boo. Hiss.. Hiss.
The three mud magnets showed up at 7:30. They will spend the day inside as I don't relish cleaning up after they have been outside. LOL! and they forgot their mud boots so another good reason for not letting them go out.
Hoping to finish up some projects this weekend. Keep the bus rolling!!!!! I will catch you later.

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2022, 06:31 AM   #270  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default TSBT22

Here is my card for this month's challenge. A great challenge Jan, especially as I have discovered tulip leaves peeking through the ground in my garden. Spring to me means flowers, especially tulips and daffodils.
Spring tulips by yellowrose46 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by yellowrose46:
mcschmidty (03-18-2022), smadson (03-18-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 08:45 AM   #271  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default TSBT722

Here is my Spring card! Finally getting some card making done.
TLC890, F4A630, TSBT722 Spring by smadson at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (03-18-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 08:47 PM   #272  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hi

Beautiful Spring cards ladies! I need to get mine done for this challenge!

I either stood or laid down today so as to give my back a rest..... some days are like that! That was until dinnertime, then we sat and watched basketball for a bit.

It has been an emotional week with siblings. All reminiscing about my dad- he died on the 12th, was 100% Irish, and was buried on St Paddy's Day 2016, and his Birthday is tomorrow- he would have been 93 tomorrow. He was a huge jokester and would do very silly things to get a laugh.

About 10 days ago, I had a day where I was supposed to spend the day with my younger sis, but my stomach was not agreeable, so we chatted on the phone, and I got out all of the folks old pictures and scanned in the ones from Dad's side- and that probably added to siblings feeling emotional- seeing all of the pictures. I have also inherited a few pictures from 2 of his sisters, and those were in the upload folder as well.

I have mom's pictures to do, I will have to work on those some day soon too. I got a DSLR camera in about 2011, and started taking photos of my parents together when they were older. I have some really fun and sweet pictures of them : )

I hope to hop up to the Craft room tomorrow- need to work on some VSN samples- which is just a week away.

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2022, 04:09 AM   #273  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry about your back Shelly. What a precious time you had reminiscing with your siblings. Emotionally very draining, but the bonds of love are drawn even closer. Wonderful you could compile a memory collection to share with family. I am envious of those who have scrapbooked, like Sharon has. I have been too lazy. I started out and have a few books, but I was not disciplined enough to keep it up, and opted instead for the instant (almost) gratification of making cards.
I've been off and on the bus several times this week, spending time with grandkids and faux granddaughters. They are real girls, just not my own grands. Three gals, ages 11, 12 and 7 who visit their grandparents every school break. Their grandma does not craft, so I always have a crafting time with them. This year it was origami. Such fun. The two younger ones also come out for our morning walks. The 12 yr old sleeps in until 10 a.m.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2022, 01:29 PM   #274  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 455 Likes on 202 Posts

This sounds like fun! Is there still room on the bus...I'd sure like to buy a ticket! Though I have to admit, hats really do not look good on me...and a helmet really sounds obnoxious! But, I have been known to use one riding a motorcycle in my younger days!

Love this fold Sharon!
Carlene aka Chatterbox-1--My BLOG; My Pinterest; My SCS Gallery; FAVORITES Team Member; 2022 Christmas Card Challenge 75/105. My SCS Goal: Challenge Catch-up; Sketch Challenge Sample Card Team (August 2022--January 2023).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2022, 01:33 PM   #275  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sure you can get on the bus. Price of a ticket is to volunteer for post one of the challenges.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2022, 06:41 AM   #276  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy First day of Spring! How many of us are on the bus today? We should do something like make a Spring card for our gallery!! (Especially sine that is our March Challenge.)

We are headed to church in a few moments. When we get back we will be watching March Madness ( mens college basketball tournament) on TV and I will be crafting as I watch.

I hope to see some more Spring cards in our gallery, soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2022, 06:51 AM   #277  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon it’s April showers here.

shelly I hope you back is feeling better today, we’ve both been aching trying to clear up all the mess from the red rain.

sharon I’m finally starting to finish my scrapbook of our Disney and universal studio trip four years ago! I thought I would finish it to give our GSs when they hopefully,fingers crossed, come over in July .
Reply With Quote Likes
smadson (03-20-2022)
Old 03-20-2022, 08:51 AM   #278  
Stazon Splitcoast

It's here! What we've all been waiting for in the northern hemisphere. Spring is officially here. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the tulips are coming up, and it's time to celebrate.
Reply With Quote Likes
smadson (03-20-2022)
Old 03-20-2022, 08:56 AM   #279  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon, I thought I had already signed up to host a month, but I guess not. You can sign me up for July, my birthday month.
Reply With Quote Likes
smadson (03-20-2022)
Old 03-20-2022, 09:14 AM   #280  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon, your request is my command. Here is another card for our March gallery.
Dutch tulips by yellowrose46 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes