Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-18-2022, 08:35 AM   #641  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,265 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Good morning! Add us to the list of those dealing with heat - but generally not humidity which means being watchful for fires.

The house on the other side of the empty lot from us has sold so we are getting new neighbors. All information is available on the internet and the house sold for $500,000 which irritates me as Kerry, who had rented it for years (he was here before we were) had offered that much to buy it. The landlord agreed that was what it was worth but then he wanted $600,000 for it! Kerry took such good care of it too, I was surprised to find out he was a renter. So, the landlord gets less money than he wanted because the sale involved a real estate agent which wouldn't have been needed if he'd just sold it to Kerry. Kerry was a good neighbor too.

Yesterday, DH put up some things that have been hanging around waiting for installation. He first was working outside but it got too hot for that. Then he said he needed to go up in the attic and I said that was going to be hot too. So I suggested the curtain hold backs (I don't know what they are called, they are metal and installed at either side to hold the curtain when you want to open them. He not only installed those (yay, much easier to open the curtains now!) he also, finally, put up the hand towel holders in our bathroom (his/hers). When we moved in, I can't even remember how many different finishes were in that bathroom. We are slowly changing them all to brushed nickel. The light fixtures, towel bars, TP holder, toilet handle, and now our towel holders all match! The two (three) things that don't match are the two faucets (silver) and the shower door frame (gold). But there are fewer finishes in there than when we bought! Plus the towel holders are at a normal height rather than up high for a giant! Yay!

Kandie, I love your story about the flower bouquet. That would have me smiling too! My parents had burial plots but gave them to my mom's older sister and her husband because they didn't have anything and couldn't afford to buy anything. My parents were both cremated but never interred anywhere. My oldest brother called me to visit this last weekend and told me that my niece had scattered their ashes at a favorite place of our family's - Wallowa Lake in Eastern Oregon. Mom was scattered in the lake (I have a painting of that lake hanging above my TV) and dad was scattered on top of Mt. Howard there. For years their ashes had been at my brother's house.

Kandie, thank you for your beautiful card for my challenge!

Yikes to the heat in the UK, Jayne. A crafter that I watched a quick Youtube video from over the weekend mentioned the heat there and that she had spent most of the day in the pool. Here when it gets so hot, people go to the movies to escape the heat.

Jean, my brother told me that house prices are coming down and sales are slowing a lot due to inflation, higher interest rates, etc. which is probably why the houses aren't moving. Maybe your landlord will decide the timing isn't good and take them off the market again.

Jan, good job hearing your number in Spanish! Glad it went well and I feel like Steve does about food prices!

Kandie, here's hoping your word binder is still there!

Have fun zooming, Rebekah!

Gracie, have fun! You are always so busy with fun things.

My alarm went off a few minutes ago but I wanted to finish this post. Now I'd better dash!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (07-18-2022), jan31 (07-18-2022), JRHolbrook (07-18-2022), Kemernow (07-19-2022), Ozpom (07-18-2022)
Old 07-18-2022, 10:09 AM   #642  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,394 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Just had our son in SF on the phone, they fly tonight, honestly he didn’t realise he had to print boarding passes!! He’s so used to booking his bosses travel, first class where they don’t have to do it, Luckily he managed to get seats together on the Spanish flight but had to pay extra, our DIL is away at a conference down the coast , he rang her as he didn’t believe me, she usually does all this !! Then he said I will ring you from the lounge , he’s business class, lucky things, then we just had to text him to say don’t ring it will be 2am here LOL, I will exhausted with worry by the time they all arrive!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jan31:
annsforte3 (07-18-2022), JRHolbrook (07-18-2022), Kemernow (07-19-2022), Ozpom (07-18-2022)
Old 07-18-2022, 10:44 AM   #643  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,745 Likes on 1,584 Posts

Keep breathing, Jan!!
Gracie, have a good time with you family coming, glad you enjoyed this past weekend. I always go to bed early when I return from the grands.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (07-18-2022), JRHolbrook (07-18-2022), Kemernow (07-19-2022)
Old 07-18-2022, 11:38 AM   #644  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Mom and dad's cemetery lots are in a small Mennonite Church cemetery. The church itself is no longer holding services. They split off into a different church so the church remains empty and is rented weekly by a church who holds services Saturdays. But if it is needed, members have first choice to use it. My niece got married there 2 years ago. dad was still good enough to attend. Anyway, they have below ground stones only there. I have grandparents, a good friend, a cousin, an aunt and an uncle and now my dad there. That cousin was 4 years old when he drowned. And now next month I will have another cousin there. Just found out he passed away the other day. He was only 42 and died from kidney failure from alcohol and drug abuse.

Hope Jaynes neighbor has my card too!

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (07-18-2022), JRHolbrook (07-18-2022), Kemernow (07-19-2022), Ozpom (07-18-2022)
Old 07-18-2022, 05:57 PM   #645  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,301 Likes on 936 Posts

Jean, yes your card only arrived yesterday. I think mail to and from Oz takes a while. I don’t know if you all have received a postcard yet but I’ve sent out a heap, some may get two as I forgot who I had written to lol. I guess you would call it a yard. We say garden lol. The front and back need replanting. No, we don’t have flowers blooming all year round although I’d like that. It’s hard to find plants that bloom at different times and will flourish in our sandy soil. We have chosen to have native plants as they require little water and they bloom predominantly in spring. In summer most plants die or get burnt unless you spend a lot of time watering. Trees seem to fare better. I usually plant annuals, such as petunias for summer and to provide some colour in the garden. Not sure what we will plant. I’m thinking of enlisting help although the first landscaper did a terrible job.

Ann, not completed our to do list……just cleaning Winnie and most of the washing lol. We have a lot of jobs to do. My sister and BIL are visiting us in January for several weeks so we will have to start prepping for their visit before Xmas. Yikes. Saying Xmas is scary. They haven’t visited for 12 years. This will be their last visit to here as they say they are too old now for the long haul flight. They have quite the holiday planned stopping off in Dubai, coming here and then to Singapore and Thailand on the way home. I miss travel overseas. I’m sure I was a gypsy in another life lol.

Kandie, I hope they still have your stamp folder.

Enjoy the family Jan and keep cool.

Time for me to get off here and hang some washing out..oh joy.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by Ozpom:
annsforte3 (07-18-2022), jan31 (07-19-2022), JRHolbrook (07-18-2022), Kemernow (07-19-2022)
Old 07-19-2022, 02:42 AM   #646  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I finally received our mail and have finished opening it all. I received 13 cards from SCS ladies, most of them from Alpha ladies.

Big thank you to Jan, Shirl, Catherine, Kathy, Ann, Sonja & also Linda (2 cards), and also Gracie, Jean and Liz whose cards arrived since we have been home. I truly appreciate all of the gorgeous creations which have been sent to me and thank you all for thinking of me on my special day.

get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by Ozpom:
annsforte3 (07-19-2022), jan31 (07-19-2022), Kemernow (07-20-2022)
Old 07-19-2022, 07:17 AM   #647  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Good morning. Jayne, I missed your birthday in the hectic activity of moving, so I will say…

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday TO you, happy BIRTHDAY dear Jayneyyyyyy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Da da da daaaaaaaa.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Kemernow:
annsforte3 (07-19-2022), Ozpom (07-20-2022)
Old 07-19-2022, 07:28 AM   #648  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,180 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Morning everyone!!

Heat is bad today, along with the humidity! I think it is everywhere this week. I feel sorry for the people in the UK with no a/c.

Jayne, so glad you got my card and all the others with the way the po is nowadays!

Another person in a boot! My DIL broke her right ankle over the weekend! Of course on the steps coming down with stuff in her hands and kids screaming for her! Missed a step completely and fell with full weight on her ankle. Portion of the bone broke off!!

I said to my son, is she trying to be like her MIL? With three young kids and new job just more stress added on to the family.

Hugs to all to have a good day! Stay safe out of the heat!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (07-19-2022), Kemernow (07-19-2022), Ozpom (07-20-2022)
Old 07-19-2022, 07:30 AM   #649  
Proud Fan Club Member

I don’t know what’s going on with the sale of our things, no one will answer me. I texted the middle son who is the executor to please keep me in the loop and he said ok. Not heard a peep. The estate lawyer stated the widow gets half, the sons split the other half three ways. I saw signs left out at different streets advertising the sale, on Sunday when I went to the cemetery. I texted son1 to see if he wanted me to pick them up and drop off to him. All he said was No. Honestly, ladies, I do not know what’s with those boys. My mind kept going over things last night and I had to keep wrenching it away and think about more pleasing things.

Speaking of pleasing, my exercise walk yesterday led me across the street to the back entrance of a mega church nearby. I walked the entire perimeter of the church and found, such a pleasant surprise, a bird-watching trail behind the building. It wandered through shady areas with benches here and there, and then to the back driveway. Over 6,000 steps in that parking lot. Came home, had lunch, and zonked out the rest of the day on the couch!

Kathy, hugs to you for recent losses and all those in the past.

Jan, stay cool!

Catherine, people get so greedy, and then they lose out on a good deal. I’m sorry you lost a good neighbor because of it.

Hello to everyone, I’d better get walking if I’m going to do it. It’s already 84 out. Take care, take it easy, hugs to everyone.

Reply With Quote Likes
jan31 (07-19-2022), Ozpom (07-20-2022)
Old 07-19-2022, 07:31 AM   #650  
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh no, Ann, my ankles hurt just reading about your DIL’s fall, ouch!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2022, 08:15 AM   #651  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I woke up to dogs barking. There are dogs in the neighborhood but they don't usually bark so much. I couldn't see anything that should be causing the ruckus when I looked in the back yard but I think I discovered what might have been causing it. The house that just sold is being tented today. I have rarely seen this in real life, only on TV shows. I wonder how many days it will be tented.

I am searching for certain items of clothing for my weekend in August. The team I'm on wears costumes throughout the weekend and so I'm on the hunt for pieces that I don't have. I checked Goodwill yesterday but no luck there yesterday.

One of our costumes is little old lady which cracks me up. Have they seen little old ladies recently? They don't dress like little old ladies used to. By that theme they mean something like Aunt Bee from the Andy Griffith Show. The little ladies in my church don't dress like that! One sweet 94 year old I just saw yesterday and she had on Bermuda shorts and a polo shirt! Wish me luck on my hunt!

Jan, my last few flights I was able to get the boarding pass on my phone. I had to have a boarding pass but could avoid printing it. That is too funny about your son though. Praying all goes well with the travels.

Kathy, I'm sorry for the loss of your cousin.

Jayne, I was watching a house sale show on Youtube (I don't know where it was before then but sure it didn't start on Youtube). The show was in Canada and Sophie would come and help them fix up their house for sale because it had been on the market for a while with no sales. Honestly, touring the house the way they were trying to sell it I couldn't believe the sellers didn't know better! Anyway, that is where I learned that what we call a yard, others call a garden.

You are most welcome, Jayne, glad the card arrived safely!

Oh Ann, I'm so sorry for your DIL and with a new job too! Prayers for quick healing.

Kandie, what a delightful place to walk and so close by! That is wonderful. Were you able to get ahold of the ladies who did the sale and find out about your stamp binder?
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (07-19-2022), jan31 (07-19-2022), Kemernow (07-20-2022), mcschmidty (07-20-2022), Ozpom (07-20-2022)
Old 07-19-2022, 08:41 AM   #652  
Proud Fan Club Member

Here’s the stamps I didn’t mean to leave behind. They came today from Amazon. I’m happy now.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 17 CHAT THREAD May 25 - Nov 16, 2022-image.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by Kemernow:
annsforte3 (07-19-2022), mcschmidty (07-20-2022), muscrat (07-19-2022), Ozpom (07-20-2022)
Old 07-19-2022, 08:41 AM   #653  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,113 Likes on 967 Posts

Good morning.

Catherine, for a little old lady, my mind goes to an old lady with a house dress with her pearls, a cane and a big purse on her arm. Maybe a hat and ugly shoes.

Ann, sorry your DIL hurt herself. Now you need to take a picture with you both in your boots and label it something like, "Kick boxing isn't all it's cracked up to be!"
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (07-19-2022), jan31 (07-19-2022), Kemernow (07-20-2022), smadson (07-20-2022)
Old 07-19-2022, 11:55 AM   #654  
Stazon Splitcoast

A good day today, the bed settee finally arrived and our son and DGSs are in the hotel in London ready for their flight to Spain tomorrow, he even got his luggage which is a miracle if you read about luggage piling up in airports
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (07-19-2022), Kemernow (07-20-2022), mcschmidty (07-20-2022), Ozpom (07-20-2022)
Old 07-19-2022, 12:16 PM   #655  
Proud Fan Club Member

I really had hopes to do some DTGD challenges but this turned out to be a busy week and by late afternoon I am too pooped to create. I've got stuff going in my head, but it's not coming out from the hands! I took mom today to buy a mattress.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (07-19-2022), Kemernow (07-20-2022), mcschmidty (07-20-2022)
Old 07-19-2022, 12:58 PM   #656  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder!!

Tomorrow's letter is "I" and the theme is ink!

Keywords: ABC17, ABC17I9, and your personal keyword!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
Kemernow (07-20-2022), mcschmidty (07-20-2022)
Old 07-19-2022, 05:36 PM   #657  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks, Melody. Quick question, by house dress do you mean an actual dress or a robe like garment?

Love the photo suggestion for Ann and DIL, by the way!

Kandie, those look like lovely sentiment stamps, I'm glad you got them.

Jan, yay for getting their luggage too!

Kathy, mattress shopping was a shock to me when we did it back when we were prepping our house for sale. We had always slept on a waterbed but DH thought we should get a conventional mattress at that point. Boy are they expensive! I hope you found a good one for your mom.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (07-21-2022), Kemernow (07-20-2022), mcschmidty (07-20-2022)
Old 07-19-2022, 07:11 PM   #658  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,113 Likes on 967 Posts

Catherine, I was thinking of those kind from back in the 50's/60's? maybe... I think they were called shirtwaist... cotton, gathered waist, flared skirt (not A-line), buttoned up the front with a collar, short sleeves.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 17 CHAT THREAD May 25 - Nov 16, 2022-50s-circle-skirt-look-3.3.jpg  
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (07-21-2022), Kemernow (07-20-2022)
Old 07-20-2022, 01:42 AM   #659  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Stopping by to say hi.

Thanks Kandie for my birthday wishes. I hope you get the house sale proceeds sorted.

Enjoy the family Jan.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by Ozpom:
annsforte3 (07-21-2022), Kemernow (07-20-2022), mcschmidty (07-20-2022)
Old 07-20-2022, 01:46 AM   #660  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just heard they are delayed by 90 minutes but they were at the airport super early just in case, got through security no problem, had to laugh our DIL has put some gadget in GSs backpack so she can see on the app where they are, she watched them take off SFO and kept sending me the map of their backpacks leaving Heathrow and ending up at Gatwick,she’s giving a talk at a conference in between sending me messages haha

we are chilling out after cleaning, shopping etc!
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (07-21-2022), Kemernow (07-20-2022), mcschmidty (07-20-2022), Ozpom (07-20-2022)
Old 07-20-2022, 04:47 AM   #661  
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, do you remember the show called Mama’s Family with Vickie Lawrence, the spin-off of the Carol Burnett show? She always had the thick-soled shoes, the dress, pearls, tightly permed hair. My grandma always wore a full apron with pockets over her house dress. I have a robe/house dress from Kohls, it’s a lightweight zip-up thing knee-length with pockets. It was in the pajama department but to me it’s a house dress, lol.

Maybe the thrift stores would have some thick-soled tennis shoes that might work.

I love what you’re doing. What is it for, did I miss the post? Why is everyone dressing up?

You could watch an episode of Golden Girls if you have Hulu. Sofia was the epitome of old lady as well!

Not a peep from anyone on the sale. No one is answering my texts.

Lunch today with a friend, I’m looking forward to it. And tomorrow I have a hair appointment. I had tried to cut my hair myself which has resulted in a disaster. Now I have to pay someone to fix it, lol.

Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (07-21-2022), mcschmidty (07-20-2022)
Old 07-20-2022, 06:04 AM   #662  
Proud Fan Club Member

The boys have decided to keep my share of the sale to cover house payments. So much for that.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
mcschmidty (07-20-2022)
Old 07-20-2022, 08:27 AM   #663  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Yesterday evening we enjoyed seeing three fawns in our front yard along with two doe. Then, in the back, were two young bucks laying down in the shade. The fawns are so cute with their spots. I love when they do their bounce run, so cute!

Melody, that dress is so cute!

Jan, it sounds like they'll be there soon, yay! How fun to get tracking updates from your DIL.

Kandie, I think that is the look they are going for but I'm going to text them and tell them the little old ladies in my church wear long shorts and polo shirts...because I'm a trouble maker! Ha! I was just watching an episode of Diagnosis Murder where they used several clips of skits from the Carol Burnett Show because Tim Conway and Harvey Korman were appearing on Diagnosis Murder. That was a fun episode. (I watch Diagnosis Murder free on Pluto TV.)

Is that legal for them to do that? But when they sell the house, they have to give you your share, right? I'm so sorry they are behaving this way. I'm roundhouse kicking them you know where for their behavior!

There goes my alarm. Chat with you later.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (07-21-2022), Kemernow (07-26-2022), mcschmidty (07-20-2022), Ozpom (07-20-2022)
Old 07-20-2022, 08:30 AM   #664  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, maybe you should consult a lawyer? That's so unfair.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (07-21-2022), Kemernow (07-26-2022), mcschmidty (07-20-2022), Ozpom (07-20-2022)
Old 07-20-2022, 09:47 AM   #665  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 208 Likes on 67 Posts

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with any of this at all Kandie. Hugs

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by AnnetteMac:
Old 07-20-2022, 09:58 AM   #666  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts

Popping in to say hello. Just so draggy today. Wish I had more energy!!

Ann, I'm so sorry your DIL fell and has a boot now. Dear me.

Thinking of you all. Wish I had energy to zoom today, but I just don't. :(
The following 3 users liked this post by luvtostampstampstamp:
annsforte3 (07-21-2022), mcschmidty (07-20-2022), Ozpom (07-20-2022)
Old 07-20-2022, 09:58 AM   #667  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
The boys have decided to keep my share of the sale to cover house payments. So much for that.
That's terrible. Can they legally do that??
The following 4 users liked this post by luvtostampstampstamp:
Old 07-20-2022, 08:01 PM   #668  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, after I was at work I realized that I forgot to tell you why I'm looking for dress up ideas. I'm helping with a Christian retreat called Walk to Emmaus. It is Aug. 11-14 and I am part of the team helping to put it on. The team I'm on dresses up differently and so I'm working on my costumes. The exciting thing is that my oldest daughter is going on the walk as an attendee.

Hope you have more energy tomorrow, Rebekah.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (07-21-2022), Kemernow (07-26-2022), mcschmidty (07-20-2022)
Old 07-20-2022, 09:58 PM   #669  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 866 Posts
Default Hi

Popping in- home from Katie's- the roads were busy when I drove into Chicago, but I got home with smooth sailing! She made me dinner, I put together a salad, then we went to see The Devil Wears Prada. It was cute, music was great. It is the Prelim presentation- open first on Broadway in Chicago before New York. Some ladies in the bathroom at intermission (LOL) were saying they think it will be 'tuned up' before it hits NY.

My Nephew Ed needs prayers- he has a virus or something making him upchuck, and is a Type 1 diabetic. His blood sugar was very elevated. In the ICU, will be in a regular room tomorrow hopefully!

I have read and caught up, but need to head to bed! Sending waves and hugs to all!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
annsforte3 (07-21-2022), Kemernow (07-26-2022), Ozpom (07-20-2022)
Old 07-20-2022, 10:23 PM   #670  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, your card has just arrived. Thank you so much for thinking of me. That’s 18 from SCS ladies. Thank you all.

Kandie I’m so sorry that you are having to deal with this and hope that they realise that you are entitled to part of the sale.

Sorry to hear that your nephew is in ICU Shelly. Hope he improves quickly. Glad you had a nice time with Katie and the musical sounds wonderful.

Hugs everyone
get inky and have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 07-21-2022 at 07:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Ozpom:
annsforte3 (07-21-2022), Kemernow (07-26-2022)
Old 07-21-2022, 08:02 AM   #671  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! The girls are off today so I wish I was too! DD1 has a potential buyer for a dresser she listed. Praying that actually happens. The first contact about it wasn't legit.

Last night I worked on comments on DTGD cards though there are many more I didn't get to.

Shelly, I'm sorry to hear about your nephew, praying they get it sorted soon.

The play sounds fun, we love that movie. That's all....

I'm attaching a photo of a little bear that our neighbor caught between our two driveways. He is making a mess with their garbage (this is why our garbage doesn't go out until the morning of trash pick up.) Their dog was barking up a storm so she went to see what the commotion was all about. That is a part of my Camry in the background.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 17 CHAT THREAD May 25 - Nov 16, 2022-bear.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (07-21-2022), Kemernow (07-26-2022), mcschmidty (07-24-2022), Ozpom (07-21-2022)
Old 07-21-2022, 08:11 AM   #672  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Zoom from 2-5 today!

Rebekah Parker is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Dare To Get Dirty Zoom
Time: Jul 21, 2022 02:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/8513767330...9FMWlhL2lhdz09

Meeting ID: 851 3767 3301
Passcode: 220284
One tap mobile
+16469313860,,85137673301#,,,,*220284# US
+13017158592,,85137673301#,,,,*220284# US (Washington DC)

Dial by your location
+1 646 931 3860 US
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 386 347 5053 US
+1 564 217 2000 US
+1 669 444 9171 US
+1 720 707 2699 US (Denver)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 851 3767 3301
Passcode: 220284
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kchuS6GQg9

Old 07-21-2022, 08:13 AM   #673  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
Kandie, after I was at work I realized that I forgot to tell you why I'm looking for dress up ideas. I'm helping with a Christian retreat called Walk to Emmaus. It is Aug. 11-14 and I am part of the team helping to put it on. The team I'm on dresses up differently and so I'm working on my costumes. The exciting thing is that my oldest daughter is going on the walk as an attendee.

Hope you have more energy tomorrow, Rebekah.
DH took the day off. and that has lifted my spirits a lot. And tomorrow we take off after lunch for vacation time! Yay!
The following 2 users liked this post by luvtostampstampstamp:
annsforte3 (07-21-2022), Ozpom (07-21-2022)
Old 07-21-2022, 10:55 AM   #674  
Proud Fan Club Member

I got a text from my sister this morning. she says "it's neat to see where all these cards come from, the different states and the different designs and messages. I thought they were all local! I save some to read each day! Thank you again."
She will really be surprised to see one from Spain as Jan's card arrived yesterday!
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (07-21-2022), Kemernow (07-26-2022), Ozpom (07-21-2022)
Old 07-21-2022, 11:40 AM   #675  
Proud Fan Club Member

Another perspective...

I think it was last week that I was complaining about people on YouTube having to say hello to everybody. This week I've discovered what I love about you too it's those videos called shorts. Most of them are under one minute and they go straight to the project with no talking, just creating. I Love those!
Reply With Quote Likes
Kemernow (07-26-2022), mcschmidty (07-24-2022), Ozpom (07-21-2022)
Old 07-21-2022, 11:42 AM   #676  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon everyone! Just woke a bit ago, fell asleep in my chair! Son was yelling at me that I am going to fall out of it one of these times!

Kandie, Ed's sons are being big BRATS! Virtual kick in the pants going their way!!

Catherine, you have more wildlife then we have here in Wisconsin! What a little cute bear but wonder if the mom is nearby!

I'm worn out from cleaning yesterday, it was the up and down cleaning appliances in the kitchen! Needed to be wiped down but did too much yesterday so today, I am dragging! Dusted the ceilings and did blankets too. Grandkids always drag all the blankets around when they are here! Three loads of blankets, they brought down the extra ones from their beds too!

Hope everyone has a good rest of their day! Big hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by annsforte3:
Kemernow (07-26-2022), mcschmidty (07-24-2022), Ozpom (07-21-2022)
Old 07-22-2022, 05:49 AM   #677  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 208 Likes on 67 Posts

Good morning all!. Just popping in to check on things.You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

I am still trying to get the house set up before we head to our nephew's wedding. DDs wedding was wonderful! Perfect weather after all the rain. It was an outdoor wedding. DH picked all the dandelions along the aisle by hand that morning so that there weren't any in her photos.

As things get back to normal I will be here more regularly again. My mom is visiting and I am spending as much time with her as I can. She lives on the other side of the country and this is probably the last time she will be out here with me.

I have been creating in the evenings while we watch tv. So far I have caught up on all but 1 alpha challenge and have 15 DTGD challenges done. I would like to get all DTGD ones done but we'll see.

Have a great day!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by AnnetteMac:
annsforte3 (07-22-2022), Kemernow (07-26-2022), mcschmidty (07-24-2022), Ozpom (07-22-2022)
Old 07-22-2022, 06:26 AM   #678  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Annette, so good to hear from you! Glad the wedding went well! Fabulous that you get to visit and have your mom with you!

Last day of DTGD, hope some of you will join in!

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
Kemernow (07-26-2022), Ozpom (07-22-2022)
Old 07-22-2022, 08:57 AM   #679  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I woke up to.a beep, beep, beep and thought, "Oh no, the smoke detector that DH installed last night is going off." Came out of my room, it wasn't the new smoke detector. Headed down the hall, it sounded like it was coming from the kitchen but we don't have any alarms in there! I determined it was coming from the garbage can - it was old one that he replaced beeping! It was muted because the can has a lid. Thankfully, I was able to get it turned off!

Yay for vacation time, Rebekah!

Kathy, I'm so glad your sister is enjoying her cards. Prayers for her healing.

Ann, so glad you didn't fall out of your chair. It sounds like you overdid it cleaning.

Yes, we have a lot of wildlife. I've seen bears before and I know there are mountain lions around and coyotes and foxes. This is all why I was so surprised we got Honey back after she was missing in the woods here for 3 1/2 days. That was bonus time with her, sweet girl, we still miss her. And yes, I'm sure the momma bear was nearby somewhere.

Annette, I'm so glad the wedding went well and you had perfect weather for it. Congratulations! And how wonderful to have your mom here with you. I think you've done more DTGD challenges than I have!

Reply With Quote Likes
Kemernow (07-26-2022), mcschmidty (07-24-2022), Ozpom (07-22-2022)
Old 07-22-2022, 11:36 AM   #680  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,745 Likes on 1,584 Posts

Happy Friday everyone. I just mailed a bunch of late July and all of August birthday cards. Whew. I knew I wanted to get them out before I leave on Sunday for the northwoods.
Kandie, that is so wrong.....I'm guessing there was nothing in writing about it...I wouldn't trust them any further than I could throw them. I'd get a lawyer involved for the house sale.
Shelly, thinking of your nephew....sounds pretty awful.
Jan, having fun??!!!
Kathy, I have a card ready for your sister but I can't find the specific post about it. Her name is Evelyn? I'm not going to mail it until I hear from you.
DTGD has about done me in. I have two more to do. I had done more than half before it started but boy this week has been intense. Once I started it, then I wanted to do them all. Over achiever.
Have a good vacation, Rebekah.
Annette, your Mom is so cute and sweet. I haven't looked at wedding photos yet.
Catherine, there is a video of a baby bear whose Mom was killed or died. He was kind of moaning, looked sad. Made me sad. good luck with the costumes. You could wear some knee high stockings rolled down to the ankles....that's what old ladies would do in the summer when I was young. a hat is a must, maybe an apron, I think what some are referring to as a house dress is actually a house coat. A house dress would be like what Melody said. My grandma would wear a house dress in the morning, take a nap and then put on a different dress, just in case visitors would call. Yes, she was a proper lady.
Have a good weekend everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jkanack:
gutsport56 (07-23-2022), Kemernow (07-26-2022), mcschmidty (07-24-2022), Ozpom (07-22-2022)