Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-28-2021, 01:57 AM   #281  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Catherine sounds like you all had a lovely day together making lots of memories.

Rhubarb, I love it but it doesn’t grow here!

Gracie so sorry to hear about your FIL I hope he gets the pain meds he needs

just been to take my colon test in, another job ticked off the list, only two more next week, thankfully

im so wanting to start the alpha challenges but I still don’t feel well enough to craft, it’s been four weeks now, I have my second vaccine next Wednesday, I’m hoping there won’t be four hour queues this time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2021, 06:05 AM   #282  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Jan, so sorry you're still not back to your healthy self! Hope all your medical tests turn out well. How frustrating to wait 4 hours for your vaccination shot. We were so lucky to have the National Guard participating in giving shots. With appointments, things went very smoothly and quickly.

Catherine, I'm so happy you had a wonderful day with your daughters! Such fun! Memories to treasure for sure.

Ann, I keep thinking of you and wondering how you and Athena are doing. Lots of hugs!!!

Melody, you amaze me with all the knowledge you have! I had never heard of burrs before. My FIL has lots of rhubarb. I should go get some and made him some rhubarb sauce and a dessert. He just mentioned that he was wondering how big the rhubarb was at the farm.

Kathy, I hope things are improving for you. You sure have a lot on your plate!

Hi Shelly, Sharon, Anne, Vicki, Jayne, Shirl, Kandie, Jean, Dagmar, Linda and all that I've missed. My morning brain is a bit slow.

Update: FIL is now receiving hospice services. He seems to be in much better spirits since his pain is being managed better. He calls me his little "Miss Sunshine." Makes my heart feel good.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2021, 08:29 AM   #283  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Oh, Gracie. Burrs are one of the nastiest weeds with pickers, and they grow everywhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 15 CHAT May 5 - Oct. 27, 2021-burr.jpg  
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
JRHolbrook (05-28-2021)
Old 05-28-2021, 09:40 AM   #284  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

Jan, so sorry this is lingering and I hope you feel up to crafting soon!

I love rhubarb too and a crisp dessert is a wonderful thing. Jan, can you buy frozen rhubarb at the store?

Gracie so happy that your fil is in better spirits.

Gotta walk today. Yesterday it poured for most of the day so we did not get out.

hugs to all!
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (05-28-2021)
Old 05-28-2021, 10:03 AM   #285  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,751 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Melody, thanks for the offer of the rhubarb...how sweet of you to offer such sour goodness. Rhubarb sherbet....oh my. I may take you up on it. I did buy some at Sendiks. I was telling my daughter that way back when, no one ever paid for rhubarb. You either grew it or you knew someone who did. I made a rhubarb crunch/crisp this morning.

Gracie, I wondered if hospice had been discussed and I'm happy to hear he is getting the help he needs with his pain. No one should be in so much pain. I'm glad that hospice isn't nearly the scary word it used to be. When my Mom was at the end of her life, the hospice was a God-send, even though she was only there less than 48 hours. She was having a very unhappy time at the facility she was at, even though they were doing hospice...not very well, I might add.

Jan, I'm very sorry about your health. To be perfectly honest, I might have missed some of your posts where you talk about what is going on.

I'm having my first over night company coming soon. We'll all go out to a restaurant tonight for fish fry, which is amazing. I still can't stop thinking about wearing a mask, seems like we're kind of making it up as we go.

Catherine, I'm guessing your daughter couldn't have a senior picture in a year book. Nice that you are doing some pictures to remember the big occasion.

So sorry if I'm forgetting someone or something. Promise me you'll do something this weekend to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (05-28-2021)
Old 05-28-2021, 10:08 AM   #286  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,269 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Good morning! It is my day to work at home so I have laundry going and I just uploaded my D card. Now I need to get caught up on commenting on your lovely creations and my chores. First, meal plan and grocery list so it will be ready when DD1 is off work today.

Last night, after DH and I went for our date which was dinner and walking through Michaels (where I didn't buy anything!), DD2 and I sat down and ordered her graduation announcements. Yes, they should have been ordered weeks ago and in the mail. Good thing they are only announcements! Somehow graduation time just snuck up on me and I am so behind!

We've been eating inside restaurants as soon as they were allowed to be open for inside seating.

Kathy, the date in CA for maskless is supposed to be June 15th.

Melody, the glasses steaming up is just one of the reasons DD2 hates masks. The other thing is that they make her light headed. She is going to have to endure them though, when she flies to New Hampshire in July.

Jan, I'm sorry you are still not feeling 100%. Praying the second dose of the vaccine doesn't cause you issues.

Gracie, I'm glad your FIL's pain is being managed better and that you can be his Little Miss Sunshine (I can definitely see that!). How is your DH doing with the idea of him being on hospice?

Shirl, enjoy your walk. Soon it will be too hot here to get outside and walk.

Ann, thinking of you and sending hugs!

If you would, please add baby Henry and his family to your prayers. He is the great grandson of church friends of ours and he is only a couple of weeks old and has serious health issues. Yesterday he had a lengthy heart surgery and he has a long road ahead of him. Thank you all!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (05-28-2021)
Old 05-28-2021, 10:11 AM   #287  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jean, yes, you are correct. She will not have a year book for her senior year of high school.

Rhubarb for sale in a store? I don't think I've ever seen it in one. Definitely, you either grow it or know someone who does.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2021, 10:57 AM   #288  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,909 Likes on 2,180 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Jean, what you are seeing that you think is rhubarb might be burrs. The leaves are really big and look a lot like rhubarb, but up close are not shiny and smooth like rhubarb.
oh wise one, I have a dilemma. My dad has a death grip onto anything he can grab when we try to transfer him from chair to bed or to recliner. I can't hold his hand when transferring because I need both arms to lift him. I'm trying to figure out what we can put in his hands to help him squeeze. I've tried wash cloths rolled up but they are to movable and open up. Weights are too heavy. Any ideas what we could use? It needs to fit in the palm of his hand and be sturdy enough to make him feel he is gripping something safe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2021, 01:41 PM   #289  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy there are some long thin dog toys that would fit in his hand. Maybe you could find something at the Dollar store.
Reply With Quote Likes
muscrat (05-28-2021)
Old 05-28-2021, 02:08 PM   #290  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Kathy, what if you put the rolled up wash cloth inside a sock and tied it closed? Might that work?
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2021, 04:18 PM   #291  
Proud Fan Club Member

Yep, the produce stores and regular grocery stores here sell stalks of rhubarb. I imagine one can buy chopped frozen rhubarb in the freezer section in some stores here.

Yes, Catherine it is going to be hot next week they are saying. Today was warm but there was a nice breeze.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2021, 05:37 PM   #292  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, I googled stability stick and google gave me answers for something called a mobility stick. It looks like it might be flexible. I don't know if something like that (a straight stick like broom handle thickness) would help or not. My first thought was something like a stress ball.

Yum, DD2 just made coffee cake. So tasty - and I didn't have to make it, even better!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (05-31-2021)
Old 05-28-2021, 06:04 PM   #293  
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, my first thought was that wouldn't work....but then I looked at it and thought if I can find one about the width of his body and could get him to grip each end, maybe that just might work! I was actually thinking maybe a rubber dog bone...I have small barbells but they are 2 lbs and I wouldn't want that dropped on my toe! He already stands on my toes now! He was really bad yesterday. When the occupational therapist came he asked him if he had any pain and dad said yes. And the OT said where.. and he said in my ***! I had to laugh because Dad never talks like that and I know Mom was embarrassed. Then when the OT wanted they had to stand up he kept saying no no no what don't you understand about no. He just simply refuse to do anything. Later that day he kept thanking us and telling us how good we were to him. I understand it is just his mind and not really him being so stubborn. Today he tried saying no to my sister when she wanted him to do the exercises, but she's good! She did not take no for an answer and pretty soon he was doing his exercises. Yesterday at one point he told my mom to shut up. If you know my dad he would not have talked to her like that.
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (05-31-2021)
Old 05-29-2021, 03:23 AM   #294  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,980 Likes on 1,496 Posts

Oh, Kathy, how difficult this all is for you?! Prayers for you and your family as you deal with all of this. I still remember what I went through with my mom. Basically, just DH and me, as my sis was out of state. I think The Lord and my friends on SCS got me through it. You seem to have a real good attitude. Hugs again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2021, 05:00 AM   #295  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy thank goodness you have help, it’s very difficult for you all, your Mum must be so happy to have all her family around her at this time,

we have just been out for lunch to celebrate our 50th Anniversary, our friend around the corner said I deserve a medal, steve said he still thinking if he should keep me, I said good luck finding someone to put up with you, LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jan31:
AnnetteMac (06-03-2021), JRHolbrook (05-31-2021), smadson (05-29-2021)
Old 05-29-2021, 03:06 PM   #296  
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Anniversary Jan and Steve. And good comeback from you to Steve, lol. What did you have for lunch? Glad you were feeling up to going out!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2021, 08:47 PM   #297  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Shirl, well we felt we had to make the effort to do something as the family were all upset they couldn’t be with us, we just went to the marina, we had the Menu del Dia and it was lovely, ham and pineapple salad, gazpacho, which is cold tomatoe soup and hake with roasted new potatoes and seafood sauce, you don’t get big portions but I was too full afterwards as I haven’t been eating big meals! We skipped pudding and had a coffee
the family all joined a zoom call which was lovely and our son managed to get a great photo of us all on it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2021, 10:01 AM   #298  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,980 Likes on 1,496 Posts

Congratulations, Jan on your 50th! So neat that your son could get a photo of all of you on Zoom.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2021, 10:04 AM   #299  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I have been thinking of all of you. I've been stressing over being behind for graduation celebration prep. Last night it was decided that DD2 will do an escape room with her friends to celebrate and then we'll have refreshments and that will be her graduation party. She really didn't want the traditional party - which makes me sad. I hope she doesn't regret it at some point in the future. I do know this is more fitting with her personality so I need to let it go.

She had a great time yesterday. She spent the day with a friend helping him get a gift ready for their mutual friend's graduation next weekend. They did that and then played Minecraft.

It is supposed to be really hot here tomorrow...low 90s today. Down the hill where I work, it is supposed to be 106 tomorrow. Thankfully, I don't have to go down there tomorrow.

Happy anniversary, Jan. Good comeback to Steve. I'm glad you were all able to get together on Zoom at least.

Kathy, challenging times. I hope your mom knows that medical people know that people are affected differently when they go through these experiences and they just roll with it. It sounds like your sister is good at getting your dad to do his exercises too.

I am attaching a photo of my Uncle Howard who gave all in the service of our country in WWII. He is who I specifically think of during Memorial Day weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 15 CHAT May 5 - Oct. 27, 2021-uncle-howard.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
jan31 (05-31-2021), JRHolbrook (05-31-2021)
Old 05-30-2021, 12:40 PM   #300  
Proud Fan Club Member

We have a new addition to our family. He is 6 weeks old and his name is Dean Meowchester, named after Dean Winchester on Supernatural. His mom left the litter about two days ago and they haven't seen her since, so since he's eating kitty pate, we took him early. He's going to be DS2's therapy animal! That's what I call it. I'll post pictures when I can find him! He's so tiny he can hide anywhere he wants!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (05-31-2021)
Old 05-30-2021, 12:50 PM   #301  
Proud Fan Club Member

Congratulations Kathy on your new kitty!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2021, 12:57 PM   #302  
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine thanks for posting the pic of your Uncle Howard.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2021, 01:14 PM   #303  
Proud Fan Club Member

I appreciate your uncle's service, Catherine. My dad was a marine but it was in a time with no active war. He went to camp lejune and somewhere else, but later was honorably discharged. I don't know much about that time. It would have been right before I was born or a little after.

Here's our new baby.

Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 15 CHAT May 5 - Oct. 27, 2021-33115.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (06-01-2021), jan31 (05-31-2021), JRHolbrook (05-31-2021), smadson (05-31-2021)
Old 05-30-2021, 02:46 PM   #304  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Dean is adorable, Kathy! Both girls went, "Awwww!" when they saw him. They also appreciate his name. I think his name may be bigger than he is! Seeing the photo caused DD2 to go find Wesley and give her some love.

Kathy, thank you to you dad for his service. My dad was also in WWII in the Pacific, my mom's second husband was also in the military, and my uncle who just passed away was in the military as well.

Hi Shirl! What are you up to today? I need to get grad cards made for DD2's former classmates. I think I have some left over from last year...I hope!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2021, 03:20 PM   #305  
Proud Fan Club Member

Our other kitty doesn't like Dean yet. But he will eventually. I'm glad DS2 has off tomorrow so they have time to bond. He's been going out once a week to play with him.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2021, 05:56 PM   #306  
Proud Fan Club Member

Dean is cute Kathy! I read when introducing two cats to each other to put perfume on the new one and the resident cat will be attracted and start licking the newbie-thus bonding.

Catherine, I did a card for FS this morning. Then our gardening friend phoned for us to come over and get romaine lettuce from his garden. So we did that and had a nice visit sitting in the sun in their backyard, catching up. We had not seen them for ages, due to the lockdown. They live about 45 mins from us. Ha, so we did a Sunday drive, lol.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2021, 06:10 PM   #307  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Nice, Shirl, and garden fresh romaine too? That is fabulous. I made four graduation cards using leftovers from last year doing a Jennifer McGuire technique. I'm not sure if I'll take photos of them or not, they are so similar to the ones from last year (I think). So, I have cards for DD2's former classmates all stamped and interiors stamped as well. We just need to sign them. She picked out which card for each classmate and which sentiment for the inside too.

I need to make cards for the graduation notices we've received and get those in the mail and also make cards for two of the teachers at the girls' former school. They are both leaving after this year which is sad for the school. I decided I wanted to get them a little something and give them cards. They are sisters who both taught at the high school - one teaching science and the other math. I have their little gifts, just need the cards to go with them.

Honey is curled up RIGHT beside me on the couch. It is too warm here for a warm doggy body right next to me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2021, 10:50 AM   #308  
Proud Fan Club Member

Another baby picture. He is so tiny I have trouble finding him!
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 15 CHAT May 5 - Oct. 27, 2021-img_20210530_200014852.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (05-31-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 10:56 AM   #309  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Awwww, Kathy, he is adorable! I just want to reach in and pet him.

It is a hot one here - as promised/threatened. I think we may have to actually turn on the AC today (hope it still works!). I just did my workout...I'm moving slowly today.

Poor DD1 is at work with a full day shift today. She won't get home until almost 5 pm. She was dreading it. She said yesterday was horrible.

We have looked for Memorial Day observances but they seem to not be happening this year.

I got the two cards made for the teachers and uploaded them to my gallery.

I hope everyone is doing well. Sending hugs and hellos!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (05-31-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 11:49 AM   #310  
Proud Fan Club Member

DS and DH went fishing so I'm kitty sitting. We leave him in DS's room because our cat doesn't like him yet. He has food, water and a litterpan in there. I just went in to check on him and he was in a playful mood so I played a little. Had to take a minute to go up and help my sister lift dad. He was wet. We are getting good at changing him with the least amount of effort. My niece and her husband will be out in a couple of hours and they are spending the night. She will be here some of the day from tonight through Thursday. I'm a little nervous because my other sister is going camping from the 4th through the 9th. So I won't have her out during the day to help.
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (05-31-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 12:17 PM   #311  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, you have a lot going on. Prayers for you. Dean is super cute!

It is hot and muggy here today. I have zero energy and I keep getting twinges in one of my teeth. I flossed as sometimes it just means food is stuck, but that is not it.

Shirl

Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (05-31-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 03:43 PM   #312  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh no Shirl, I hope your tooth is OK. I just had to have a crown on one tooth....lots of $$$.

Kathy Dean is so adorable. I love little kittens. Lola was already 3 1/2 when I got her last fall. She's still such a love! I thinking of you and praying for all of you as you care for your dad. Such a challenge...I remember that with my day. Hugs.

Catherine, that's very hot! We had beautiful weather her today. It was 74 and we put our pontoon in the lake today. We had my son, DIL and GD's here this weekend. So much fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2021, 08:12 PM   #313  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Popping on to wave and say hello. Hope you are going ok Ann..thinking of you.
Jan, glad you had a nice 50th anniversary. Happy anniversary again lol.
Gracie, happy 70th to Tom and glad you managed to catch up with the family.
Kathy, ooh that kitten is so cute.
Shirl hope you don’t need the dentist..ouch.
Thinking of you all. Hugs
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2021, 08:17 PM   #314  
Proud Fan Club Member

A friend suggested rinsing with a part hydrogen peroxide and two parts water and it seems to have helped. Yay!
Dragged myself out at 7 p.m. to go get groceries we were out of. It was so nice outside that when I got back, dh and I went out for a walk. Our apt. is warm though and tomorrow they say will be hot again, but by Thurs. it will cool off. I hope they are right.

Gracie, yes, crowns are expensive! Glad you had fun at the lake!

Ann thinking of you!

Hi Jayne, Jan, and all!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Ozpom (06-01-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 08:28 PM   #315  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Happy end of the weekend ladies!

We did not get to the National cemetery this weekend to visit Dad and Mom's graves- will go another day! We are appreciative to all who have served- Dad was end of WWII and Korea, 2 brothers in Army as well and many elders- including a cousin of Mom's who is buried in Flanders Field.

Jan Happy 50th Anniversary- so nice you had a special meal and were able to Zoom and get a family pic : )

Catherine- wow- it is HOT there! We had OK weather here- borderline cool! My daighter has been working alot at Starbucks- they have her- who is very Part Time - training......

Gracie- Wahoo for being back in Wisc- bet you have your long underwear close by!!! LOL

Shirl- hope your tooth has calmed down! That pain is not fun!

Kathy- whoa- you are in prayers! I love your Dean the Meowchester cat stories- what a sweet little kittie! Did the boys catch anything and do you cook the fish they bring home??? As for people who grab when you work with them, in the hospital we roll up washcloths but tape them using surgical tape and put them in hands before we try to do anything or maneuver patients. Some people need specific verbal instructions for every little move we make with them, and that helps too. People who resist are strong- my wrist issue- a 100# woman twisted it terribly- I was trying to help the lab drawer.... she was fighting and twisted my wrist! I ended up having to have surgery, but she aggravated a condition I already had...... Please be careful, especially with your back issues!!!

We had a full weekend- hubby rented an RV and we went for Friday and Sat night to a State Park about 1 1/2 hours away. He LOVED it and was ready to spend lots of $$$ on an RV when we got home. LOL I think we should rent again and explore and research a bit more first. He agrees. We had a great weekend, cool but nice days and did lots of hiking and bike riding as well. I slept like a baby : ) Lots of laundry to do when we arrived home- had to bring sheets and everything smells like campfire......
Today, my (older) sister had us up for a visit and her son from NY- just moved to NJ was here with his 6 mos old baby-Fiona. Oh- I hogged holding that baby- she is very happy and smiles Alot!!! She has 3 sons, DS2 has a son that is turning 6 next week, so had a Birthday for him as well.
My sister has 3 boys- so 1st time having a girl in the family- and she is adorable- like I said- I enjoyed the baby so much! She has been good restraining buying pink clothes..... I bought her a couple of new outfits- Oh, baby girl clothes are so fun!!! Katie did come out and join us today too. Both of my sisters there and one brother and his wife. So happy to be vaccinated and that we can get together! A couple of my BIL siblings were there as well.

Got labs back- only eating beef once a week has lowered my cholesterol 14 points.... I am so thrilled..... Hubby got his labs back- his cholesterol is down 40 points..... Wowza! I am jealous!

Looking forward to some creative time this week! Waving hello to all!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
JRHolbrook (06-01-2021), Ozpom (06-01-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 08:31 PM   #316  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy the kitten is so cute,

Shirl our son is attempting to grow salad leaves and tomatoes as he’s on the no carb diet and he says they are getting so expensive as he eats them every day.

we had flying ant evening, the sealant on the conservatory has dried so they are getting inside, we spent an hour yesterday sealing it all, last night they were getting in through the screw holes, the plastic caps have broken over the years, today we have to take the screws out fill with silicone and screw them back in, I’m obsessed, I hate them so I was out there spraying much to someone’s annoyance!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2021, 08:33 PM   #317  
Stazon Splitcoast

I had a message on Sunday to say my second vaccine has been moved to next Monday , should have been tomorrow, hoping there’s no queuing, it’s in the old tomatoe factory, steve says we have to pack six boxes each while we are waiting after our vaccines
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2021, 08:46 PM   #318  
Stazon Splitcoast

Shelly sounds like you had a fun trip, I still miss our caravan.

well done with your lab results.

Shirl I hope your tooth is feeling better, there’s nothing worse, I have a problem tooth , well the bones in my gum is the problem, our dentist gave me the name of a gel to rub on it if it’s inflamed, it works really well, thankfully, eventually I suppose I will have to have it out but he said to leave it as long as I don’t have a big problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2021, 06:01 AM   #319  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning all!

Shelly it sounds like you had a fabulous weekend.

Happy 50th Anniversary Jan!

Oh Yay, the man just arrived to install our new internet service! Hope it works better than the one we have now....I'll check back later.
Reply With Quote Likes
muscrat (06-01-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 07:12 AM   #320  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,751 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Morning all,
Sounds like everyone, for the most part, had a good weekend. Went to the cemetery yesterday to plant three geraniums for my Dad (WWII), Mom (worked in a factory for the war effort) and youngest brother Bill. On Saturday, there was a service at the WWII monument and we especially remembered a cousin of mine killed in Viet Nam. I've visited him at the wall in DC.
A lot of family was here for the weekend and I was exhausted Sunday night and yesterday. Activities are ramping up and I have to say, it's almost too much for me after the quiet of the past year and some months. Restaurants are crowded and noisy. Sigh. Except for seeing my family, I don't really need much to 'go back to normal.'
Have a good week. Oh, Gracie, what is the new internet? My sister lives in Rhinelander and had some fancy shmancy internet installed last year because it was on again/off again and she'd try to work up there.
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (06-02-2021)