Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-04-2021, 08:04 AM   #681  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
Yes, it is a work computer - a MacBook that goes between work and home for me. I pretty much use it for everything, work and personal. It has been so handy to have a mobile computer for work and thankful they are fine with me using it for personal stuff too.

And pull ups kept me presidential fitness awards too!

Thanks, Jayne. I'm hoping people are responsible here in CA as it is too dry for fireworks.
Oh my goodness, when I first read Kathy's post about pull ups...I thought she wore pull ups in high school! LOL I was thinking like baby Pampers. I'm glad Catherine and Kathy didn't have to wear pull ups back in their school days! I'm such an odd duck sometimes!

Happy 4th of July to all! All the dogs and Lola did well with the fireworks, except for Sadie. She goes down the basement and hides. Abby, the new pup, had no problem with them and even went on her first pontoon ride yesterday.

Jan, a lot of places shot off fireworks on the 3rd because it was on a Saturday and then, those that have to work on Monday, don't have to stay up late to see them Sunday night which was the 4th this year.

I didn't feel well yesterday, so didn't do much and we didn't go out on the pontoon to watch fireworks this year. I'm better today and we're going to take the puppy to see DH's dad at the assisted living home. Everyone there loves seeing Abby. We sit outside in the shade and everyone (residents and staff) have to come over to pet her. She is such a people person and loves all the attention.

Melody, I love that you have the herbs in your garden! I've never had good luck with gardening. I tried an indoor herb garden and it didn't do well. I guess I have a "black" thumb.

Jean, those cat photos are great! I love all the captions everyone came up with, too!

Ann, hope you have a restful day since the fireworks kept you up! I had a restless night and am a bit tired today, too.

Jayne, so glad you were able to go to dinner with your family!

Shirl, so sorry to hear of the fires in Canada. The fire near Payson, AZ, has been contained and they've had lots of rain, so the residents of the 2 towns affected have been able to go back home. We've had hazy skies in Wisconsin because of fires in Canada. I hope the weather cools down and rain comes soon.

Shelly, have a safe trip to Chicago. I've always hated driving in that city. Way too many lanes of traffic for this country girl.

Well, DH is looking at me and probably wondering when I'm going to get ready to go to see his dad, so I'd better get moving! Have a great day all!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (07-04-2021), jan31 (07-04-2021), Ozpom (07-04-2021)
Old 07-04-2021, 08:12 AM   #682  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Good morning. Happy 4th. Have a wonderful day.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
annsforte3 (07-04-2021)
Old 07-04-2021, 09:14 AM   #683  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

As it is roasting outside I am cleaning and wrapping Christmas gifts!! Also addressing Christmas cards! It's the perfect time to do so! Way too hot outside!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
JRHolbrook (07-04-2021), shirlb19 (07-04-2021)
Old 07-04-2021, 10:05 AM   #684  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

Gracie, that is hilarious!!! What a coincidence it would be if Catherine and I had both had to wear those in high school.

I got to talk more to my sister today about her breast cancer. Apparently it's a bit rare and she's waiting for results of the DNA Gene test before she makes her decision on what to do. If it's in the genes she may have a double mastectomy, but either way chemo and radiation will follow surgery. She's 12 years younger than me. I can't sit here and think about it or I'll go crazy. We've had a lot of family issues since 2019. I know it's not all about me, but I'm stressed dealing with it all. My other sister seems to think showing up to help mom for 3 hours 4 days a week is enough, but what she doesn't realize is when she isn't there or my niece isn't there my DH, and DS2 and I do all the rest. Basically we're here 24/7 and I have to schedule everything around when someone is available to help. We've been here the entire weekend from Friday through Tuesday because everybody else was on vacation. My younger sister and her husband are home today so DH and DS2 went fishing a little. DH is an amazing man and I got a great prize when I met him. He got the short end of the straw with me! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by muscrat:
jan31 (07-04-2021), JRHolbrook (07-04-2021)
Old 07-04-2021, 11:52 AM   #685  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,276 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Happy 4th of July, everyone! (Because everyone has a 4th of July!) I'm so thankful that Colfax always has their fireworks on July 3rd because tonight, DD1 has to go to bed early because she has to be at work at 4 am.

Jan, I'm confused about the fireworks rules in CA because I see signs that they are illegal but they still have the fireworks booths selling fireworks...confusing to me.

You are too funny, Gracie! I'm sure Abby is a blessing to the people where your father-in-law is. A win-win situation.

I disagree with you, Kathy, about your DH getting the short end of the straw with you. I think you are both blessed!

I'm not sure what we are doing today but DD1 got off work early and we've exercised. We'll see what happens from there. Obviously food is on the list.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
Old 07-04-2021, 12:35 PM   #686  
Proud Fan Club Member

I was burning brush from the hedges my DH just trimmed. These are not the waist level hedge you may picture. They are higher than the garage roof! He trimmed all morning and finish the job and I got a fire going in the burning barrel and started burning it. My sister's husband brought up his baseball cards and hockey cards. He used to have a shop so there was between 50 to 100 boxes. Probably millions of cards. I would pile the brush high in the burning barrel and then throw it one of those heavy boxes on top to wait it down. One of the brush had about a 3in diameter and I touched the center and it was hot sap. I came right down and put ice on it but it is still hurting. I put some sunburn cream on it and wrapped it and have it on ice again. Since DS2 went fishing Dean has been in his bedroom sleeping. He started crying to get out so he is running all over the house. He's so tiny I'm afraid I'll step on him. And he can hide in the smallest places. The other day he squeezed behind the refrigerator and somehow turned around and came back out. That's how little his body is!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (07-04-2021)
Old 07-04-2021, 05:30 PM   #687  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, Kathy, burning up the baseball and hockey cards? I take it there aren't any good ones in there.

Ann, this week's challenge is journaling...I think of that as more a scrapbooking thing so just wondering if there is something different you mean by it? I've been thinking about it and not coming up with anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
jan31 (07-04-2021), JRHolbrook (07-04-2021), shirlb19 (07-04-2021)
Old 07-04-2021, 05:48 PM   #688  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Journaling on my card means divided up sections with different shapes in it.

Could also be writing across your card, or repeated words.

Journaling in junk journals has pockets, fold out pages to write on, little books, and mini envelopes.

Will post my card early so you can see it for inspiration.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (07-04-2021), JRHolbrook (07-04-2021), Ozpom (07-04-2021), shirlb19 (07-04-2021)
Old 07-04-2021, 05:53 PM   #689  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ok my "J" for journaling card is posted! Hope it helps you, Catherine.
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (07-04-2021), Ozpom (07-04-2021)
Old 07-04-2021, 06:21 PM   #690  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

OH no Kathy! You burnt your hand on hot sap! That must be very painful! I hope it heals and you don't have to see a Dr. That's a lot brush burning and all those cards too! So sorry to hear about your sister and hoping she doesn't have to go through a double mastectomy.

I'll have to go check out Ann's journal card. I'm so far behind. I'm hoping to craft tomorrow. We were gone all day visiting DH's dad with Abby and then we stopped by my brother & SIL's home and had brats. Just got home and I'm pooped out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2021, 07:10 PM   #691  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Kathy you are amazing and so much to deal with. No wonder you are stressed. I hope your sister gets the answers she needs to make the right decision. It’s tough. I do however have a problem with you burning those cards lol…..journal people will be crying now ad I nearly did lol. We scour book shops for those sorts of things lol. I hope your hand is healing.

Gracie I bet Abby was a hit at the residents home. So damn cute.

it’s stormy weather here again and sooo much rain. Decided to give myself a day off chores and what else to do but create.. It’s school holidays here now and I’ve been asked to help a little someone make a journal later in the week…today’s plan will be to work out the measurements and remind myself on how to do it.

Happy day everyone.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 07-04-2021 at 07:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Ozpom:
Old 07-04-2021, 07:44 PM   #692  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Jayne! Maybe Kathy didn't burn all the cards...one person's junk is another person's treasure!
I hope you have fun creating on this rainy day!
Yes, Abby was definitely a hit at the Assisted Living home!
I'm just starting a journal...hoping to find some time to work on it tomorrow. Too tired tonight...I'm heading to bed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Ozpom (07-04-2021)
Old 07-04-2021, 07:53 PM   #693  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes I’m hoping that Kathy tells us that she just burnt the boxes LOL. I think if I didn’t discipline myself I would have a room heaving with junk. I’m already accumulating quite a bit in a corner and not using it LOL. I had some cigarette cards from the UK that belonged to a family member and were given to son1 as a boy. I came across them and gave them to him thinking all the time…oooh they would look so good on a journal LOL. I might ask him if he still has them and wants them.

I want to update my challenge list and have my WTUI sample to finish. First I need to head to the PO and mail my Teapot cards.

Sleep well everyone
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2021, 08:05 PM   #694  
Proud Fan Club Member

Still boxes of cards not yet burned. My BIL had a card shop and I'm sure he wouldn't have left them outside if they had any value. When cards like that burn, they turn to white powder. My finger feels better but I have a blister now that will probably peel tomorrow.

I'm running to Walmart early tomorrow while DH and DS2 are still here to help mom if needed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Ozpom (07-04-2021)
Old 07-04-2021, 09:38 PM   #695  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

I have a collection of Biscuit tins, plastic pots and now a fancy coloured shoe box, i had an hour tidying my craft room yesterday so I can find a space to craft, I have photos and everything all over the place.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jan31:
JRHolbrook (07-05-2021), Ozpom (07-05-2021)
Old 07-05-2021, 08:47 AM   #696  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Some days I look at all I have and think that I'd have to live several more lifetimes to just put in a dent in everything I have!!! Oh my!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
jan31 (07-05-2021), Ozpom (07-05-2021), shirlb19 (07-05-2021)
Old 07-05-2021, 08:49 AM   #697  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

DTGD will help everyone put a dent in their supplies!! LOL

Morning all!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (07-05-2021), shirlb19 (07-05-2021)
Old 07-05-2021, 10:01 AM   #698  
Proud Fan Club Member

My friend and I were just discussing that we should be using up rdsp instead of hoarding it! We are paper Hoarders!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (07-06-2021), Ozpom (07-05-2021)
Old 07-05-2021, 10:39 AM   #699  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I slept in again - yay! Last night I saw the TLC challenge and made a card for that so I just uploaded it. Was that a production to get that done! I take photos with my Canon camera and then transfer them to my computer, edit, and upload. However, the new computer doesn't have any USB ports and the cable that transfers them from my computer is a USB. So, I had to transfer them to the old SLOW computer. Seems like it took forever! I have an adaptor at work, I think I'll look for a cable for my camera.

Kathy, how is your finger today? Sure hoping you are better.

DH and DD2 are working on the Mustang today. DD1 was at work but she opened so she was there early and then done. I have chores I need to do.

I am trying to use up my dp. I don't have a huge amount of it but it seems like a lot when I think of using it all up! Some of what I have was given to me by a scrapbooking friend here in the area. She had way TOO much dp and realized she needed to get rid of a lot of it.

Jayne, please send that rain to California, OK?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2021, 10:59 AM   #700  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, could you do any of the transferring via email rather than a cable? I no longer have a camera, so I use my phone camera and email the pictures to myself and then do all the editing, etc. on my desktop computer.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
jan31 (07-07-2021), JRHolbrook (07-06-2021), muscrat (07-05-2021)
Old 07-05-2021, 11:51 AM   #701  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Waving Hello!

We did not see fireworks on the 4th...we were home for our new refrigerator delivery Sat, they said 1-5 delivery and came at 5:40...

Yesterday, went to Chicago to babysit the grandpup. We went to the Farmers Market, literally across the street from my daughter. We then headed to the dog beach at Montrose beach. It was so hot, fabulous idea- it was crowded, but easy to social distance. Then, went to church at a beautiful Basicila of St Hyacinth- built in 1894 and quite ornate. (My grandmothers name was Hyacinth, but everyone called her Dolly). Then, grabbed a bit to eat, walked the dog one last time and headed home.

Just took a Strawberry rhubarb pie out of the oven.... I bought the rhubarb at the farmers market. I decreased the amout of sugar in this one- fingers crossed!

Hope everyone had a great day and ... did you all see the dates for DTGD were posted in that thread??? Wahoo!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
annsforte3 (07-09-2021), JRHolbrook (07-06-2021), muscrat (07-05-2021), Ozpom (07-05-2021)
Old 07-05-2021, 12:35 PM   #702  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Melody, I take photos with my camera rather than phone camera. I haven't tried with my newer phone, but the predecessor didn't take good photos at all. So yes, I need a cable to transfer them from my camera to my computer.

Yay for a new refrigerator, Shelly! We need a new one but need to remodel the kitchen first. DH finally agreed that, if I can get rid of enough in the garage to get rid of a shelving unit, we can buy the refrigerator I would like and have it in the garage so we'd at least have room for things!
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (07-09-2021), JRHolbrook (07-06-2021)
Old 07-05-2021, 12:36 PM   #703  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Catherine, could you do any of the transferring via email rather than a cable? I no longer have a camera, so I use my phone camera and email the pictures to myself and then do all the editing, etc. on my desktop computer.
Oops. I was going to suggest the same thing as Melody and then I read your next message that you take them with your camera. Does your new computer have an SD slot?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2021, 12:40 PM   #704  
Proud Fan Club Member

I'll go check DTGD. Count me in as another person who needs a new refrigerator. About 3 years ago I rigged up something so it would quit running water down into the crisper drawers. It kept freezing over so I put a copper tube over the coils and I haven't had a drop yet but I really do need a new one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2021, 03:58 PM   #705  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

No, the new computer only has USB-C slots, nothing else. I do have an adapter at work that will allow reading things from USB cables which is what I have to connect my camera to the computer. The camera doesn't have an SD card either.

We had the refrigerator of my dreams when we finished our previous home. It was the French door kind with the freezer on the bottom. I loved that! But the buyers wanted it with the house. DH said, "We can buy a new one." And then we never have. DD1 would like it to also have water in the door. I've never really wanted that feature.

Kathy, how is your hand today?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2021, 04:06 PM   #706  
Proud Fan Club Member

I've got a white blister on my left middle finger, but so far it feels good and hasn't watered up or peeled! Maybe I got ice on it quick enough. I was at the burning barrel and had to walk down through the yard to get the ice cube. I was sure it was going to be worse than it is so I'm grateful. Thanks for asking.
Reply With Quote Likes
jan31 (07-05-2021), JRHolbrook (07-06-2021)
Old 07-05-2021, 04:37 PM   #707  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,164 Likes on 498 Posts

DTGD Is posted the dates I saw AUG. 7-13Th Are you all thinking wrong date? That what Lydia posted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2021, 07:02 PM   #708  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Nope, those are the dates, Linda!!

Can't wait! Some great challenges coming!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2021, 07:03 PM   #709  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,164 Likes on 498 Posts

okay
Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Nope, those are the dates, Linda!!

Can't wait! Some great challenges coming!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (07-06-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 05:59 AM   #710  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning everyone!!

New furniture coming today!! Happy day!!

Hope everyone is doing well and is staying cool!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (07-06-2021), Ozpom (07-06-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 06:36 AM   #711  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Exciting Ann...new furniture! It has been so hot, but now we are suppose to have a cool down. Temps dropping from 90's to low 70's and upper 60's. Wisconsin weather, up...down, up...down!

Catherine, I didn't think I'd like a water/ice dispenser with the refrigerator, but I love it. We have one in Payson and I miss it back here in Wisconsin. I have an MacBook Pro and I have 2 adapters for USB cables. I needed one at the retreat and forgot mine, so I had to buy another one. It was only $24. Well worth the price.

Kathy, I'm glad your finger is better! I hate burns.

Shelly, it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Yum...strawberry rhubarb pie!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2021, 08:16 AM   #712  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,751 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Hello, everyone,
I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was going to be pretty quiet, I'm not a July 4th fan, but I received an invite from a cousin north of Madison, asking if I wanted to come over on Sunday. About 1.5 hour drive. I thought it was going to be her whole family, which I wasn't excited about but her parents (almost 90 and 93) were going to be there so I sucked it up and went. Turned out it was just me and her parents!!!!!!! My uncle has had a fair amount of health issues lately and he can't handle a lot of people. I hadn't seen them since they moved back to Wisconsin from Texas to be closer to family, that was in 2019. Uncle Dick is my Dad's only brother and he's pretty special. Aunt Nancy is amazing. But the pandemic took its toll on them. They moved to a senior apartment and they were only allowed to leave their apartment to pick up mail. No visitors, they weren't even allowed to sit outside. They had given up their car so no way to even run to the store. The food service slowed down tremendously, their one meal a day was delivered to them. They played a lot of Cribbage. They're still not allowed outside, don't ask me why, but I think they're breaking the rules carefully. That's ridiculous. They had no cases of Covid at the facility and they want to keep it that way, which I guess makes a lot of sense.

My cousin made a delicious rhubarb cheesecake for dessert (sour on top of sweet, perfection!) and she gave me some rhubarb too. Now it has to cool down so I can bake. She found the recipe on Pinterest if you're interested. it isn't a big dessert, rather flat so I don't think it's too bad calorie wise.

The kitties are getting along better. If the little one gets out of hand, he is sent upstairs but he doesn't mind. Finn was watching Gus chase after a laser and I could just see the thought bubble above his head...'what an idiot!' He has forgotten that he liked to chase that laser too.

New furniture...how exciting! How long did you have to wait for it, Ann? I hope you've been taking before and after pictures of your house projects.

Cooling down later, although I think humidity will still be rather high. Can't wait. I'm so tired of this. To me, it makes more sense to stay inside in the winter than in the summer. And it's possible to bundle up enough. Give me Fall and Winter any day. How's your internet, Gracie?

I'll chime back in if I see I missed something.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2021, 08:17 AM   #713  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I was busy yesterday making more thank you cards for DD2 to use. She is so excited because she gets to pack today - she loves packing, I don't understand that at all because I hate packing.

Kathy, so glad your finger doesn't hurt, praying it stays that way and heals quickly. Also praying for your sister.

How exciting to get new furniture, Ann. What are you getting?

Gracie, I'm envious of your weather. We are in the 90s going up to triple digits.

I've never really been a fan of the water in the door. DD1 definitely wants it. I think I'd most like the ice cubes (or crushed ice) coming out of the dispenser. First I have to get rid of some things in the garage before we can even shop for one.

Where did you buy your adapter for your computer?

Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (07-07-2021), JRHolbrook (07-06-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 04:26 PM   #714  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Signing off, storms are approaching!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2021, 04:34 PM   #715  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
Good morning! I was busy yesterday making more thank you cards for DD2 to use. She is so excited because she gets to pack today - she loves packing, I don't understand that at all because I hate packing.

Kathy, so glad your finger doesn't hurt, praying it stays that way and heals quickly. Also praying for your sister.

How exciting to get new furniture, Ann. What are you getting?

Gracie, I'm envious of your weather. We are in the 90s going up to triple digits.

I've never really been a fan of the water in the door. DD1 definitely wants it. I think I'd most like the ice cubes (or crushed ice) coming out of the dispenser. First I have to get rid of some things in the garage before we can even shop for one.

Where did you buy your adapter for your computer?
I bought the adapter at MacMan, an apple store in Eau Claire, WI. It is an Apple product, so I'm sure you can get it online or at an Apple store.

I sent you a PM about Apple adapter on Amazon.

Last edited by JRHolbrook; 07-06-2021 at 04:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2021, 04:59 PM   #716  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, Jean. Recipe please.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2021, 06:16 PM   #717  
Proud Fan Club Member

This is strange... I tried to click on the like button on a couple comments and I kept getting a message that I didn't have permission. I tried and tried and kept getting that same message. Then I thought oh dear, I think my membership expires this month. So I went to look and it doesn't expire until the end of the month but it got my butt in gear so I could mail my check tomorrow. I pay by check. Then I came back in and try to click on the like button and it worked then! I guess it was a heavenly reminder to get my subscription renewed. I plan to do it two months ago and totally forgot with everything that's going on.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (07-08-2021), JRHolbrook (07-07-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 07:24 PM   #718  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

What a day! This morning, as I was getting ready for work, something popped in my right knee and then it hurt to walk. DD2 talked me into staying home and working from home. I don't think I needed to stay home though. I had DD2 pull my leg and I've been keeping from twisting it and haven't had further trouble. If I ever need a knee replacement, it will be the right knee.

I've been busy moving files from the old computer to the new one. It was probably just as well I was working from home, it was more difficult to interrupt me that way!

After work, I finished some thank you cards and just uploaded several cards to my gallery. I've been happy to use up some stash making these cards.

Gracie, thanks for your message and the info. I had to go and pick up an adapter from Best Buy so that I could do the file transfer. Best Buy is the closest option for getting that sort of thing.

It has been good for me to do the file transfer and other things because it has made me learn more about this Apple computer than I knew before! (In the past, I probably would have relied on someone else to do it.)
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (07-07-2021), JRHolbrook (07-07-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 09:15 PM   #719  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy I’ve been having problems with the like button too and receiving the same message. If I tried a second time it would work. I think the site is having some issues again….not sure.

Catherine, glad your knee is ok now. Gosh it could have been worse. Take it easy. Knee ops are no fun.

Ann, do you like your new furniture/chairs?

Jean sounds as though you had a wonderful time with your cousin and Aunt/Uncle. Shame that they can’t go out far but I guess at their age better to be safe than sorry.

Time to do something other than sit on my butt.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Ozpom:
annsforte3 (07-07-2021), JRHolbrook (07-07-2021)
Old 07-07-2021, 05:15 AM   #720  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder!

Today's letter is "J" with the theme of journaling!!

Keywords: ABC15J10, ABC15, and your personal keyword!

Have fun!!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (07-07-2021)