Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-16-2018, 09:50 PM   #81  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,301 Likes on 936 Posts

Happy Thursday ladies....a beautiful day here today and I hope your Thursday will be just as nice.

Hubby had his procedures and all results good...yay. He's now sleeping whilst I catch up on emails and on this site as I feel I've had a drought. I also need to get my creative mojo happening so making a note of challenges and will see where that leads although I still have the unfinished pocket pages I started last week to finish. I learnt that a local store has a sale on Project Life stuff...oh dear...wondering whether they will still have the sale tomorrow as today I have to stay home to keep an eye on hubby.

Joyce Ann, like you I also find it difficult to pack and do LOs away from home. I take stuff to my craft group and to crops and end up coming home having done little. I find now it easier to make cards in these situations as I always have left something behind and my scrapping mojo seems to work better when I'm home. Even when I host here I do LOs better than away as at least I can pop into my craft room for stash.

I also have been distracted with finalising our trip but that all now seems to be done and I'm trying to get more organised with my time management. I spend so much time on threads on here...which I love as I like to keep in touch...but I do find I spend a lot of time on here chatting than doing, so trying to change that but still pop in to say hi.
I hope you have a wonderful crop and maybe we both will get back to some LOs soon. I'm going to try and keep on top of things as best I can.

Sharon, yes it is why we had our kids earlier LOL. I have enjoyed doing the school run and it was only for a couple of days but my days did get out of sync and my chores LOL.

Back to normal now for a few days although tomorrow we will go and watch the poppets do lapathons at their school...a fundraising day.

Have fun everyone
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2018, 03:14 AM   #82  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yay......I finished my pocket page LO and will post tomorrow. Got the photos for the other side ready...I found my mojo.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2018, 08:04 AM   #83  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,492 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzpomView Post
Yay......I finished my pocket page LO and will post tomorrow. Got the photos for the other side ready...I found my mojo.

Are you going to do the Stash buster? I posted it,

I have an idea to do the pocket page. I will try this afternoon. And I want to do the Scraplift, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2018, 02:21 AM   #84  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here's a quick pocket LO I completed last night and I have photos to start the opposite side.

Aussie Day Oi Oi Oi by Ozpom - at Splitcoaststampers

1/5 for this month but I have my mojo back.

I also went craft shopping today....eldest boy/DIL gave me a voucher for the local craft shop plus I already had a voucher with them so I had $90 to spend...whoohoo. I did go a little over this but managed to get some new stamps, dies, stickers, project life cards and the TH alcohol tin and a few more bits and bobs...very happy

Happy Friday everyone. Enjoy
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2018, 02:27 AM   #85  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Are you going to do the Stash buster? I posted it,

I have an idea to do the pocket page. I will try this afternoon. And I want to do the Scraplift, too.
Hi Sharon...I'm hoping to. I've made a note of them all and already have seen some lifts I'd like to do from Cheryl's gallery.

I'm a little focused on pocket pages at present but am thinking I can incorporate traditional pages in with these which I'm doing for my year in review album.

I have had my trip to the UK/Canary Islands when we surprised my sister last November/December out to do since I printed photos in January. I bought a small album as I want to incorporate the December Daily challenge in with it too and have photos already that will work.

I've also just printed out some more photos for the pocket pages challenges so I can catch up on those too. Lots to do............as for card challenges I have a list a mile long but have decided I am not going to try and do them now and will just do them as and when I feel like it. I need to keep with current challenges and keep focused.

Happy scrapping and look forward to seeing your LOs.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2018, 05:16 AM   #86  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Popping in to say hello. Gathering what I will take tomorrow. Should get lots of scraps utilized.

Thought today I'd try to make up some of the special fold cards instead of just the basic. With the time away it's like free time where I can spend the extra time for them which I rarely do when home.

I want to match up some shapes for adding to layouts too, with them ready at hand the page should go together more quickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2018, 09:28 AM   #87  
Glitter Guru

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Hi all, I have been scrapping and quilting and commenting on other forums/sites. Sometimes it gets to be too much to keep up with and no scrapping gets done!! KWIM?

I have done 10 pages this month and 4 cards... my gallery does not show it tho. :(
I joined a virtual crop on FB a few month ago... all that can keep a person down the rabbit hole!

Hubby is doing OK with his ups and downs......allergic reaction to something, more testing next Monday. Also a compression fracture in his back - out pt surgery next Wednesday... It always seems to be one thing or another.

Glad to hear your hubby is doing well Jayne.

I am looking at Sharon's stash busters challenge, that will give me something to focus on next week while staying at home during hubby's recovery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2018, 09:47 AM   #88  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Sharon & Jayne! So quiet on the forums lately! Sharon glad to see you checking in. Prayers for your DH.

I do know what you mean about being online and not getting any scrapping done! LOL

I hope you both find tome tomto the Stash Buster! We need something in our ?Stash ?Buster Gallery for May! I posted it a whole half month late!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2018, 09:51 AM   #89  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

Quote:

Hi Sharon & Jayne! So quiet on the forums lately! Sharon glad to see you checking in. Prayers for your DH.

I do know what you mean about being online and not getting any scrapping done! LOL

I hope you both find tome tomto the Stash Buster! We need something in our ?Stash ?Buster Gallery for May! I posted it a whole half month late!

I'm going to try to do the Stash Buster Challenge today! I have my in-laws visiting but they take lots of naps, so hopfully I can work in my scraproom for a while.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2018, 03:09 PM   #90  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 893 Likes on 566 Posts

Sorry ladies, no crafting happening here. My friends are pretty much house bound right now so I have been helping out a bit each day. If my health was better I could do more but I have to work within my limitations! How boring
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2018, 05:57 PM   #91  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
Sorry ladies, no crafting happening here. My friends are pretty much house bound right now so I have been helping out a bit each day. If my health was better I could do more but I have to work within my limitations! How boring

You are so good, Lynn, to help them! They are lucky to have you, limitations and all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2018, 07:38 PM   #92  
Hardware Hotshot

I got the Stash Busters Challenge done. Fun and easy so hopefully more people try it out this month!

Fountain Court

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2018, 10:42 PM   #93  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all, haven't been online for a bit so had to catch up on all the chattter. Hope Jayne and Sharon's DHS are both doing well.
I'm still aiming for 2 pages per month, with Elijah keeping me busy and somewhat sleepless as he teethes I'll be pretty pleased to get 2 done
Love all the monthly challenges it really helps me get started find my mojo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2018, 11:00 PM   #94  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Saturday everyone......yay...Sharon (Sewflake)...so good to hear from you and that you are going ok.

Joyce Ann, hope your crop goes well.

Lynn, your friends are lucky that you help them...such a kind thing to do

I was intending to scrap today and have just spent 2 hours trying to get my photos to print in full size. All was fine until I upgraded our Mac. So frustrating as now I feel I just want to lie down and am exhausted at figuring it all out and still it won't work. Doh! My whinge for today..sorry. Small things I know.

I'm thinking of Texas and the US...again...today...so so sad.

I'm now going to make a cuppa and get my positive thoughts back. Happy weekend and I so hope I get to scrap and print some photos I need. The ones I printed yesterday aren't right.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2018, 07:41 AM   #95  
Hardware Hotshot

Lela, are you still a CTMH consultant? I just placed an order and, since my consultant is no longer in the business, it assigned me to a random consultant. I figured I might as well help your sales if you're still doing it!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2018, 08:18 AM   #96  
Glitter Guru

I am sitting here trying to decide if I will scrap or quilt and getting nothing done!!

Lynn your friends are lucky that you can help, every little bit does help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2018, 02:28 PM   #97  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Cheryl and Sharon, and Jayne, and Raewyn!

Well figured out how to print photos off the Selphy again!
I made a collage and tried the 4 smaller photos on it, but it printed four photos but only parts of them! Can’t figure it out! I was doing it for the pocket challenge, now I can’t find the pocket pages I had! I have looked in every plastic container three times. I have had it since I have been here, I am pretty sure. Wasted at least an hour two different times! Tired of looking; I give up for now!

This is why I don’t get things done! Can’t figure things out or can’t find them! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2018, 04:33 PM   #98  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

So glad to see our ladies back involved with this thread! Sending up prayers for all of you, just because!
Today was pleasant, good chatting with old friends and made some new ones. Didn't get lots accomplished, but pleased with what I did do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2018, 04:13 AM   #99  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Sunday everyone....it sounds as though a few of us didn't get what we would have liked accomplished. I'm feeling more positive though and will definitely work out how to get my photos printed in full size....tomorrow LOL.

I so enjoyed watching the Royal Wedding....how gorgeous did she look...so elegant and classy. So happy for them. The Reverend created a stir on FB...the Brits wouldn't be used to such a long sermon and especially the Royals...some of the looks were classic, but I am so glad that they chose him to talk and integrate the US with the UK.

Happy day everyone. Tomorrow I may not get much scrapping done as I have a busy day, but hope to later in the week.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2018, 05:00 AM   #100  
Glitter Guru

Sharon, it sound like you have been looking over my shoulder when I am in my craft-room!! How if that was really true we would have more eyes to help us find where we lay stuff down!! It is hard for me to believe how fast something disappears in here!!!
Then when I have given up on that project and working on something else - low and behold what I was looking for appears. Hate all of the wasted time looking tho!!!

Like Joyce Ann, if I am pleased with what I do get accomplished then all is good!!

Morning Jayne, I watched parts of the wedding last evening on a special, it looked classy, modern and always elegant! I had heard about the Reverend, not quite what Brits are use to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2018, 01:11 PM   #101  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have decided that my room is a mess! I am spending the rest of the month doing some organization
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2018, 01:49 PM   #102  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi my ladies!
This afternoon I nearly completed two of the 10 cards from my Saturday away. With the design chosen and the papers cut to size the task of finishing is lots quicker. Just need the sentiment, embellishments and finishing touches. I have 5 regular style cards and 5 of the special fold.
I really want to scrap, though!
Hopefully I'll get to see the lovely photos of the wedding, I don't have TV stations anymore. I'm sure it was over the top gorgeous.
We are definitely having lots of rain here, we really need it because our waterways are so low. The canal behind me is suffering so maybe, if it rains long enough, it will fill just a tad. I think the wildlife in there must be struggling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2018, 02:13 AM   #103  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Monday everyone....Joyce Ann I so want to scrap too. I intended to go back to trying to print a couple of photos I wanted to use on my pocket page today but unfortunately the day has nearly gone and soon I will be making dinner. It looks as though Wednesday will be the first chance I have now as tomorrow I have the school run and poppets again until the evening.

On Thursday I'm going to the annual craft show with a couple of crafty friends which will be good...I will not spend, I will not spend...LOL. Let's hope not as I've just had a couple of orders arrive. I shall check my list of "needs" first.

Enjoy your day everyone.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2018, 07:24 AM   #104  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I may just set aside my card packs for just one layout today. I do have 3 completed, so that deserves a break for scrapbooking, right?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2018, 04:24 PM   #105  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

ot a page made - Scrappy Prints for my Cutie by AnniePanda - at Splitcoaststampers. It has taken me most of the day, but I really needed to scrap something!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2018, 07:55 AM   #106  
Hardware Hotshot

Finished a layout this weekend but forgot to post it in the gallery, so I just got that done. I have had some photos and papers on my desk since Saturday, and I even cut out a title and an embellishment, but now I'm kinda stuck. Not sure I like it, but don't really want to start over. What to do, what to do . . .

Dance Festival

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2018, 12:23 PM   #107  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Some wanted to see my craft room after the move.
Before move and after photos
Foxy Stamping : T Stands for Tuesday & WOYWW 9th Anniversary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2018, 02:21 PM   #108  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow Sharon you have set up your room quickly!! Looking good... Don't forget to use vertical space!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2018, 05:34 PM   #109  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Wednesday everyone....another sunny day here.

Cheryl, I think leave it and maybe go back to it another day or just accept it. I get like that and sometimes a page doesn't do it for me but I am learning to move on and start another.

Sharon, love your new craft room and I also have mine in a bedroom and my closet isn't as organised as yours LOL...I need to redo mine. It is nice to have natural light. Enjoy it.

Just checking in before I start some Wednesday chores and am out later for lunch with a friend. Tomorrow I'm at the annual craft show...oh dear...maybe I should leave my credit card at home LOL

I also would like to get back to printing my photos for my pages but after last weekend's frustrations I don't have the energy to try again. Hubby says I'm obviously doing something wrong....it's at these times my patience runs dry as I have tried everything...maybe he should have a go LOL

Happy day everyone
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2018, 05:53 PM   #110  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thank you Sharon for the picks - awesome!
I have started a layout today, have it laid out with the basic papers and photo arrangement. Tomorrow is another day.
It has rained for the last couple of weeks, and looks like we will have another week of mostly rain. We need it but the grass!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2018, 03:50 PM   #111  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I finally did something! Here is mine for the Scraplift Challenge: OUR GRAD
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2018, 04:29 PM   #112  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Finished a layout today. Just Wouldn't Fit by AnniePanda - at Splitcoaststampers
I had printed these 4 shots and didn't want to make a basic 4-patch, so played around and I'm happy with the outcome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2018, 05:50 PM   #113  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Hey, hey

I can't believe we're at May 23 already ... this month seems to have flown by! I have been scrapping, some, but excited that I have the next few days OFF for a lovely STAYCATION!

Walgreens has 50% prints and I have caught up on my photo printing hoping to scrap like crazy. As I mentioned, i finished my most recent Album, starting a new one for May so I want to get my May events scrapped to "stay current" plus I've been working on my Oct-Dec album so my most recent pages were Christmas pages

Hopefully I'll be back with more pages, that's the plan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2018, 01:20 AM   #114  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Thursday everyone....well I was very naughty today at the Craft Fair and bought lots of Lavinia stamps and a gelli plate and stickers and embellishments...gosh I went crazy after saying to my 2 friends I would not be buying much. They also went crazy but not as bad as me LOL. We had a fun day and now I have to pack away everything I have bought and had bought for me for Mothers Day to do with craft. I now am telling myself I DO NOT NEED ANYTHING ELSE TO DO WITH CRAFT FOR YEARS LOL.....remind me ladies LOL.

The term Staycation is very popular at present and since I saw the Staycation challenge that is coming up in July, I have seen that word everywhere recently. Never heard of it before then.

I spent another few hours yesterday trying to get our Canon printer and Image Garden to work to no avail and am so upset as it was working perfectly fine before the Mac upgrade. We have no idea why it won't work and everything is being printed in thumbnail size even though I choose 4x6 photos. So frustrating as I wanted to get some last minute photos printed to finish off my Pocket Pages.
I did take lots of photos at the Craft Fair today and they will come in handy for a LO one day.

Have a great day
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2018, 07:32 AM   #115  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yesterday was a full day without rain. We got the lawn cut, it was getting bad. Today it is pouring down again. I went out to the canal with my camera hoping to set some shots of alligators, we had heard them, but couldn't spot them The water was so brown from all the rain churning it up. At least the water level has come up a good bit.
Around 11 pm last night I did not want to go to bed so my DD suggested I go scrap - and I did. I spent an hour finding the stencil and arranging the last of these shots, and got them all cut out. This morning I pasted then and added the embellishments.
Leia's Gifts - jai by AnniePanda - at Splitcoaststampers
Hope you are productive on your 'Staycation' Lela!
Well, Jayne, the money is spent now, so just enjoy the fun of using them!
I've got quite a bit to go with meeting my May goal. I'll have to try harder these last few days.
May the scrapbook force be with us all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2018, 08:32 AM   #116  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Wow, thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherloadView Post
Lela, you are cranking this month! Just checked out the gallery and you have a ton of layouts posted. Great job getting things scrapped and creating beautiful layouts in the process.
Quote:

Yeah, Cheryl! I do not know where Lela gets her energy!
Cheryl, Sharon, I appreciate you both! My scrap focus has changed this year and it just seems to have inspired me differently.

I heard Ali Edwards talking about Scrapping and she said, "it's MY Story I'm scrapping ... everyone else is in supporting roles" (well, something like that). It clicked for me that my scrapbooks aren't just something I'm doing for my boys although I do make books for them. It's about telling MY STORY. Ever since, I have a new outlook on the pages, it's about all the places I get to go and fun stories I want to tell ... I've stopped worrying about the "perfect page" and yet these pages are some of my most favorites. I figured out my style and donated TONS of scrap supplies that just didn't fit that style, organized the rest and it's made it easier to scrap.

It's just sort of all come together ... What makes it more fun is sharing it with all of you, my Scrap Sisters!

Last edited by Lmn; 05-24-2018 at 08:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2018, 09:30 AM   #117  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Looking Good

Quote:

Some wanted to see my craft room after the move.
Before move and after photos
Foxy Stamping : T Stands for Tuesday & WOYWW 9th Anniversary

Sharon, your new Craft Office is wonderful! Looks like it's perfect space for you, with a window :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2018, 04:57 PM   #118  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh, Lela, your message about your new focus is so inspiring! I believe I'm starting to understand this idea and therefore scrap what works for me, and it is after all for me in the first place. Hopefully these pages will end up, at some point, being enjoyed by my loved ones, but in the mean time I want work on my style and do it today for my enjoyment. And, it is major fun to share all this with you all, my scrap sisters!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2018, 02:09 AM   #119  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Friday everyone...winter has finally arrived here I think...what a storm we have had since last night, yet 5 hours away there are bush fires and 20 mins away DIL1 tells me it's calm. I do feel we are all living in different countries LOL.

Joyce Ann, yes you are spot on.....I've spent the money so should just enjoy my purchases now.

All of you ladies inspire me and I need something at present. Lela, I like what you have said about finding your style and just retaining stash that fits with it and just telling your story. Unfortunately my style changes so often and I over-complicate things....I'm also not even sure what my style is. I do, however, like combining traditional pages with pocket.

After having spent several hours since last weekend trying to get My Image Garden to work again unsuccessfully, I have lost my mojo....and even with new stash LOL. I so wanted to complete my Pocket Pages this week and feel as though I had achieved something. Hubby tells me just to print them out as 4x6 and run with that but it's not happening for me.....I am determined to figure it out. Stubborn creature I am LOL.

I have scrapping, card making and Evernote on my To do list and none of them are getting done due to hiccups or other priorities. My craft room currently looks as though a cyclone has gone through it...again....and I can't even be bothered to clear that up. Maybe tomorrow.

I have tried to cut down online time on this site this week as I found I was "wasting" way too much time but I do like to check-in with everyone. I also like to go through the gallery but no time for that this week either and am disappointed in myself as I like to find "happiness" in there.

I think I just need to DO IT and keep remembering my OLW

I shall get the scrapping mags out this evening and maybe that will work.....if only I could get those photos printed LOL....doh!

enjoy your day everyone...I feel as though I'm whinging and need to find my positive outlook.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2018, 09:56 AM   #120  
Glitter Guru

I seem to be spending more time quilting than scrapping this week and couple that with DH doctor appointments well.....only two this week.

Which I still have to post!!!
Reply With Quote Likes