Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-10-2015, 01:18 PM   #41  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Oh my! a third of the month is gone and I've done nothing. I went to the Scrapbook Expo because my DD and her friend were working the Fun Stampers Journey booth. I only stayed til noon. I almost bought the new Cricut but came to my senses. I'm not using enough of what I have!
I hope to spend some time in the gallery checking up on all you folks have accomplished.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2015, 01:23 PM   #42  
Die Cut Diva

Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

I hit the gallery today and I added two of my own pages to it! So far I'm up to 2 for March...haha....

New Glasses
Helen Keller
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2015, 07:43 PM   #43  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Thumbs up Hello Tuesday ...

Just stoppin' in to check on everyone .... I really should be packing. I'm headed out for a work trip but it is only for a couple days because then I'm off to a Weekend Crop -- Woohoo! I'm going with my BFF and since we'll have Thursday night to decompress and chatter, we hope to get lots done Friday and Saturday. I can't stay for Sunday as I have a customer event starting Sunday night but I'm not complaining for the days I do have ....

JoyceAnn, I had to laugh at your "came to my senses" comment. I've been using my Cricut a lot more lately and so of course when I saw a sale this week, I ordered another cartridge. Past experience would tell me this is a passing trend and I have several already I don't use, LOL. Let's hope I keep the progress I've made with giving it a workout...

Off to pack my scrappy stuff ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 04:08 PM   #44  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ok, I've tried to post to this thread twice now so here's hoping the third time is the charm!

I gotta toot my own horn here--I've hit the halfway mark for my annual scrappin' goal! Fifty pages done, woowoo! This might be the year I actually make it to 100

Just left some lurve in the gallery, it's lookin' good ladies! Now I'm off to eat dinner with the hubs and watch some Smallville reruns.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 04:18 PM   #45  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
I've been using my Cricut a lot more lately and so of course when I saw a sale this week, I ordered another cartridge. Past experience would tell me this is a passing trend and I have several already I don't use, LOL. Let's hope I keep the progress I've made with giving it a workout...

Off to pack my scrappy stuff ...
Just curious about the Cricut...have you ever had issues with it turning on? At the end of 2013, I went to use it after having it sit for probably more than a year and it wouldn't turn on. I've had mine for a number of years with lots of cartridges but I've probably only ever used it 5 or 6 times total so it's like new. I went onto Cricut's website and saw that the power cord may be a problem but when I tried to get one, they were out of them. I haven't tried since but I think about it occasionally. Have any of you using a cricut ever had to replace the power cord?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 07:33 PM   #46  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Yes, yes, yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
Just curious about the Cricut...have you ever had issues with it turning on? At the end of 2013, I went to use it after having it sit for probably more than a year and it wouldn't turn on. I've had mine for a number of years with lots of cartridges but I've probably only ever used it 5 or 6 times total so it's like new. I went onto Cricut's website and saw that the power cord may be a problem but when I tried to get one, they were out of them. I haven't tried since but I think about it occasionally. Have any of you using a cricut ever had to replace the power cord?
Terry, yup I had that problem. Less than a year after I got it. I ordered a new cord thru A* and it worked. I realize an alternate cord voids the warranty but it did me no good when it didn't work
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2015, 10:33 PM   #47  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnniePandaView Post
Oh my! a third of the month is gone and I've done nothing. I went to the Scrapbook Expo because my DD and her friend were working the Fun Stampers Journey booth. I only stayed til noon. I almost bought the new Cricut but came to my senses. I'm not using enough of what I have!
I hope to spend some time in the gallery checking up on all you folks have accomplished.

I'm going to the Creating Keepsakes convention Friday with some crafting friends. Don't know how good I'll be about coming to my senses. I need more stuff like I need a hole in my head!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2015, 12:47 PM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

Here is a peek at my additions to my progressive page for this month...Rockin' the Disney Boat
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2015, 02:00 PM   #49  
Die Cut Diva

Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

I got a page done last night...because my daughter needed the computer! There, I said it! I confess! I get lost reading blogs and on pinterest when I'm unwinding for the day...so last night I had to find something else to do! *giggle...sigh...stupid technology...

Snow Day
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2015, 05:20 PM   #50  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

I've been lacking creativity lately. Can anyone else relate? I finished a page but didn't post it because I'm not really excited about it. Gonna try to work on another page tonight but we'll see if I have energy after reading with the kids and spending time with hubby!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2015, 06:15 PM   #51  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts

I can relate Cheryl! I want to get started on the Stash Busters & have my scraplift picked out plus I know what photos I want to use but just can't seem to get started. Hopefully tomorrow!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2015, 07:54 PM   #52  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!! haha. hi everyone, so nice to see some familiar faces!!

for those of you that don't know (which is just about everyone lol!) i got pregnant jan '14, got sick and put on bedrest and iv fluids feb-may '14, and then spent the rest of my pregnancy building back strength and the ability to eat again lol. baby came happy and healthy on 9/30/14, so i have really just started scrapping again in the past 5 months since he's been around! yup, another boy!!!

i'd love to jump back in here...

monthly goal of 4 layouts,
yearly goal 52 layouts (one per week!)
current: 0/4 march, 2/52 year

gotta get to work!! yikes i didn't realize i'm so far behind!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2015, 08:33 PM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
i'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!! haha. hi everyone, so nice to see some familiar faces!!

for those of you that don't know (which is just about everyone lol!) i got pregnant jan '14, got sick and put on bedrest and iv fluids feb-may '14, and then spent the rest of my pregnancy building back strength and the ability to eat again lol. baby came happy and healthy on 9/30/14, so i have really just started scrapping again in the past 5 months since he's been around! yup, another boy!!!

Glad you are back and everything turned out okay.... Gotta love those boys!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2015, 03:07 AM   #54  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
I'm going to the Creating Keepsakes convention Friday with some crafting friends. Don't know how good I'll be about coming to my senses. I need more stuff like I need a hole in my head!
Have fun Wendy! We'll be going to CKC Lancaster at the end of July and I'm with you I don't need any more BUT I'm sure I'll find something I "need".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2015, 03:13 AM   #55  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Glad everyone is healthy & happy! I bet you have some cute photos to scrap!
Can't wait to see them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2015, 04:38 PM   #56  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up oh, oh ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crooked StamperView Post
Have fun Wendy! We'll be going to CKC Lancaster at the end of July and I'm with you I don't need any more BUT I'm sure I'll find something I "need".
Lou Ann, I just looked up the registration dates for this year. I had a great time last year and hope to go again this year Maybe we'll get to see each other?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2015, 04:42 PM   #57  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Yup

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherloadView Post
I've been lacking creativity lately. Can anyone else relate? I finished a page but didn't post it because I'm not really excited about it. Gonna try to work on another page tonight but we'll see if I have energy after reading with the kids and spending time with hubby!
My MOJO seems to take a hiatus every time I have lots of time to scrap or craft ... it seems to show up when I'm very busy and don't have time ... :rolleyes:

Sending MOJO Vibes for ya ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2015, 04:44 PM   #58  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart Yay

Quote:

baby came happy and healthy on 9/30/14, so i have really just started scrapping again in the past 5 months since he's been around! yup, another boy!!!

i'd love to jump back in here... gotta get to work!! yikes i didn't realize i'm so far behind!!!
WELCOME BACK Kel! How exciting for another baby to snuggle, love (and scrap, hahaha). We're glad your scrapping with us again

Last edited by Lmn; 03-13-2015 at 07:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2015, 06:12 PM   #59  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Lou Ann, I just looked up the registration dates for this year. I had a great time last year and hope to go again this year Maybe we'll get to see each other?
It would be fun to get together! I can't wait for the classes to be posted. I've looked at some of the other locations but the classes vary. We're going down on Wednesday to shop & I think we're going to Sight & Sound to see Joseph. Last year we saw Moses...wonderful show! Keep me posted on your plans.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2015, 09:36 PM   #60  
Watercolor Wizard

thanks!! i have tons of photos... to sort through and print! haha. i think jan '14 was the last time i printed pictures!!!!! yikes!!!!!!

happy to be back... and jealous of you gals going to CKC. way too far for me!! haha. maybe one day when the kids are bigger and i have the ability to be away from them for more than 2 hours!! and the ability on their part, not mine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2015, 04:15 PM   #61  

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherloadView Post
Sometimes we just need to step back for a bit. I'm doing more than I was doing last fall, but haven't been posting much. I'm sure you'll get your mojo back soon, Cheryl!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2015, 05:49 PM   #62  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Hey Wendy

Quote:

How was the CKC Event?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2015, 10:24 PM   #63  

Had fun at CKC yesterday. I was quite good about not spending. One of the reasons is they only had about half the vendors that they had last year. I'm wondering if the rubber stamping convention the weekend before drew away some of the vendors who would have otherwise been at CKC. Anyway, there were some new things to see and we had fun. Truthfully, there was plenty to see and spend money on even with less vendors! Even my sister, who isn't a total scrapping nut like us, bought some stuff!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2015, 07:04 PM   #64  
Watercolor Wizard

kids are on spring break this week and looking forward to both cleaning up and organizing in the craft room as well as getting some pages done!! hope everyone has a nice week!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2015, 09:16 PM   #65  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Good Bye Weekend

Oh Monday...its here already! Had a great weekend away at a Crop. I finished 30 pages To bad it is time to go back to work.

I did do some craft shopping this weekend, 50% off all scrapping stuff at J*...I got adhesive, xyron, glue dots. 25% off Cricut so I got mats because they also gave you 25% off your total, good sale.

Hopefully I will be home at least by 8 tomorrow night, I am anxious to get my pages in my albums.

Have a good week
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2015, 08:17 AM   #66  
Proud Fan Club Member

Talking Stash Busters Week 3 is up!

Hello Ladies!

I've been so busy this past week that I've hardly had the chance to check in let alone scrapbook! I've started my Billing Services business and have been training (overwhelming to say the least!). And my dd came home for Spring Break...great to see her but sad to see her leave too. She's on the downhill side of her 2nd year of college already! And my baby is getting ready to graduate from HS. The next few months are going to go by in the blink of an eye!!!

I've tried to leave a little love when I can, will try to check in at least on this weekly basis! Hope everyone is well...have to go back and read through the posts for this month!

Stash Buster Week 3 is up... this is a companion page to a sketch challenge I did a while back (Love)
Here's the link to the challenge: Week 3

Happy St. Patty's Day! Hope you have fun with the challanges!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2015, 08:22 AM   #67  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Welcome back! Glad both you and baby are healthy. Hope to see your layouts in the gallery! Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #68  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all! I got 20 pages done at my weekend retreat. Yay! I'm so happy to get some scrapping done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2015, 07:44 PM   #69  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,973 Likes on 1,490 Posts

So much going on here! I have missed a lot! Good to see you Melina! Good to meet you KAcopan. Hi Wendy, Terry, Lela, Anavon, & Ann, Lou Ann & Christy! Wow a lot of you checking in. Great scrapping going on. I finally did my 3rd page for March. Moving slow. LOL Here is Luau.

I hope to check in more often and to get some pages done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2015, 08:56 PM   #70  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Default wow

Quote:

Originally Posted by mepylantView Post
Hi all! I got 20 pages done at my weekend retreat. Yay! I'm so happy to get some scrapping done.
I love that part. I went to a crop this weekend as well and got lots of pages done, woohoo.

We also found the J* 50% off ALL scrapbooking stuff sale and bought adhesive, glue dots, xyron, glue pens, trimmer blades. 25% off cricut so blades and mats and 25% off total coupon too. We were especially proud of ourselves for not buying more scrap stash, LOL. (Still going this week if you "need" something)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2015, 09:18 PM   #71  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,973 Likes on 1,490 Posts

What is J*? Joanns?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2015, 02:42 AM   #72  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Had fun at CKC yesterday. I was quite good about not spending. One of the reasons is they only had about half the vendors that they had last year. I'm wondering if the rubber stamping convention the weekend before drew away some of the vendors who would have otherwise been at CKC. Anyway, there were some new things to see and we had fun. Truthfully, there was plenty to see and spend money on even with less vendors! Even my sister, who isn't a total scrapping nut like us, bought some stuff!
Glad you had a good time! We've been going for a long time and each year we can see the vendor show getting smaller. There is also a rubber stamping convention a few months later & the vendors say the sales are better then so I agree the vendors probably like that show better. Also we've talked to a couple of the vendors & they say it's very expensive to set-up at CKC. I'm sure some don't have the sales to support the expense. I'm looking forward to the classes. There are usually some unique & new things to learn.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2015, 01:06 PM   #73  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

I love that part. I went to a crop this weekend as well and got lots of pages done, woohoo.

We also found the J* 50% off ALL scrapbooking stuff sale and bought adhesive, glue dots, xyron, glue pens, trimmer blades. 25% off cricut so blades and mats and 25% off total coupon too. We were especially proud of ourselves for not buying more scrap stash, LOL. (Still going this week if you "need" something)
GEEEEEEEZ that's a good sale!!! the only crafting chain store we have here in hawaii is ben franklin crafts and everything is SO expensive. and a handful of times a year they have a bag sale for 20% off total purchase but NEVER put entire sections on sale!!! what a score!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2015, 02:08 PM   #74  

Arrow TASK 3 OF THE PROGRESSIVE SCRAP CHALLENGE!!

Task 3 of the March Progressive Scrap Challenge has been posted:

MAR 2015 - Progressive Task 3 (03-17-2015) by wendella247 at Splitcoaststampers

My sister & her hubby just left after spending a week here in Arizona. They're not looking forward to going home to upstate NY to low temps and snow, but they did look at town homes and are putting their house on the market with plans of moving here once they sell, so we all have something to look forward to.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2015, 03:45 PM   #75  
Hardware Hotshot

Got another one done for the month Love having my scrapbook mojo back and thanks for the warm welcome from all you fine ladies.

Christmas 2014
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2015, 05:15 PM   #76  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crooked StamperView Post
It would be fun to get together! I can't wait for the classes to be posted. I've looked at some of the other locations but the classes vary. We're going down on Wednesday to shop & I think we're going to Sight & Sound to see Joseph. Last year we saw Moses...wonderful show! Keep me posted on your plans.
HI! Once you've got your schedules, let me know. I'd love to hang out as well. It's been so long since I've been to any kind of stamping or scrapping classes and with a "helper" at work, I might even be able to do something during the day. This would be just the thing to get me kickstarted back into "paper" crafts.

And some news to share: DGS was asked this year to be a CIT (Counselor in Training) at the summer day camp he's attended the past 2 years. He was SO excited. And they've offered to pay for him to become CPR, AED and First Aid certified through the American Heart Assoc which he thought was awesome. He's had quite a bit of learning already with first aid through cub scouts and boy scouts so this will certainly be a feather in his cap ... my little boy is growing up...it's so hard to believe some times!

Last edited by wendella247; 03-19-2015 at 09:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2015, 06:36 PM   #77  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Ahhh!

Quote:

HI! Once you've got your schedules, let me know. I'd love to hang out as well. It's been so long since I've been to any kind of stamping or scrapping classes and with a "helper" at work, I might even be able to do something during the day. This would be just the thing to get me kickstarted back into "paper" crafts.

And some news to share: DGS was asked this year to be a CIT (Counselor in Training) at the summer day camp he's attended the past 2 years. ... my little boy is growing up...it's so hard to believe some times!
wow, wow, wow ... to both! It would be so fun to meet up. I hope it works for us.

and YAY for DGS! What an accomplishment for him, that's so cool. It seems like the first picts we saw of him when we started scrapping together he was little...Counselor?! Wow, LOL!

It still sometimes AMAZES me all the "Kid Stuff" -- births, graduations, school stuff, sports we've watched together through our scrapping group here, awwww
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2015, 02:32 AM   #78  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

And some news to share: DGS was asked this year to be a CIT (Counselor in Training) at the summer day camp he's attended the past 2 years. He was SO excited. And they've offered to pay for him to become CPR, AED and First Aid certified through the American Heart Assoc which he thought was awesome. He's had quite a bit of learning already with first aid through cub scouts and boy scouts so this will certainly be a feather in his cap ... my little boy is growing up...it's so hard to believe some times!
That would be great if the 3 of us could meet!! Maybe even take a class together!

That is awesome news! What an honor to be asked to be a CIT, your DGS must be an amazing young man!! They do grow up fast!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2015, 04:26 AM   #79  
Gallery Gazer

Lou Ann/Lela...let me know what you are taking...I'd love to take a class and then maybe do lunch or dinner...that would be fun. With this business now, I don't get to do too much on my own anymore. A few hours away from all would be super!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2015, 06:23 AM   #80  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up

Quote:

Lou Ann/Lela...let me know what you are taking...I'd love to take a class and then maybe do lunch or dinner...that would be fun. With this business now, I don't get to do too much on my own anymore. A few hours away from all would be super!
Now that I am back to being able to travel again... I would love to fly in and hang out with all Of you.
Reply With Quote Likes