Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-17-2018, 06:30 PM   #161  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,973 Likes on 1,490 Posts

LOL. Michele! Yes we are sisters! I have paper from that long ago unopened!!! What is that All about! I think I am pretty close to being a paper hoarder. I have lately realized I better star using it. If I used 10 sheets a day, I probably still will have some when I die!And no way I can use 10 sheets a day. In October I sold a lot of packets of scrap paper at a craft sale-just the stuff I didn’t like- the ugly stuff! LOL. I still have lots and lots and lots! It is embarrassing, how much I have!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2018, 06:37 PM   #162  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I redid my craft room I gave a lot of stuff to my friend Anne who works with kids in an after school program and their supplies are limited. I used to do tole painting and gave her so much acrylic paint...I kept a few bottles of colors that I liked...one drawer versus the 9 drawers (the Rubbermaid plastic drawers) of paint I had. Now when I use a paper pack to create a layout what I don't use and don't think I will in the future I put in a box to give to Anne when it fills up. No longer keeping onesie/twosie pieces from a pack or pad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2018, 06:44 PM   #163  
Die Cut Diva

Another 2 pages done. This layout gave me fits. When I got all my pieces cut and laid out something looked off. Finally figured out that I had cut the large pumpkin out in a green DP that was the wrong color green. Then when I start gluing everything down on the left side couldn't figure out why the word Halloween didn't look right. Forgot to put the orange piece behind it so I had to pry up the dotted paper and Halloween to slip that piece under. Okay, breath, do the next page. All is going good, everything is glued down, now to cut the strings on the pumpkins and I drop the scissors on the photo of my DIL and put a gouge in it. Urrrgggg. So the star that is on top of her picture was above it and I gently lift it up and put it on top of the picture to cover the hole.

Emma's First Halloween
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2018, 07:06 PM   #164  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzpomView Post
I am trying this year to say....get rid, declutter but it's so hard. I find things I haven't seen for years and fall in love with them again....and back into the cupboard they go Lol.
Jayne ... know how you feel ... I have finally just said if I haven't used this item in years and it needs to go and believe it or not I haven't really missed it.

About 5 years ago hubby was cleaning out the storage shed and he pulled out our bowling balls and shoes. Now the last time hubby and I bowled was around 2001 when we were on a bowling league. I had 4 bowling balls and several pairs of bowling shoes and he had 2 or 3 balls and one pair of shoes...the shoes were so rotten that they fell apart in my hands. When we pulled the balls out of the shed I said maybe we should keep these in case we bowl again and hubby said if we bowl again we'll buy new ones. Still haven't been to the bowling alley...LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2018, 07:10 PM   #165  
Matboard Maniac

Finished four more pages. I love this forum and the challenge. I'm getting so much done. Thanks ladies for holding me accountable. Speaking of 10 year old paper, the grandparent layout is on SEI paper that is probably at least that old.

Soccer 2008 by Andy99 - at Splitcoaststampers

Last time by Andy99 - at Splitcoaststampers

Feb 16/10 YTD 36/120
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2018, 11:06 PM   #166  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,301 Likes on 936 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRStamperView Post
Jayne ... know how you feel ... I have finally just said if I haven't used this item in years and it needs to go and believe it or not I haven't really missed it.

About 5 years ago hubby was cleaning out the storage shed and he pulled out our bowling balls and shoes. Now the last time hubby and I bowled was around 2001 when we were on a bowling league. I had 4 bowling balls and several pairs of bowling shoes and he had 2 or 3 balls and one pair of shoes...the shoes were so rotten that they fell apart in my hands. When we pulled the balls out of the shed I said maybe we should keep these in case we bowl again and hubby said if we bowl again we'll buy new ones. Still haven't been to the bowling alley...LOL!
Lol...I'd be rofl if I could :razz:. So funny and that's what I find...you go for something and then it's rotted. We found that with some shoes recently lol. Happy day everyone..I am going to try and make a panel for some cards whilst sitting on the couch...I'm over lying down ;):razz:

I also have papers and stash at least 10 years old and I'm itching to get hold of the new CTMH catalogue...but holding the hands back lol.

Have fun
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2018, 07:22 AM   #167  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who wants to declutter. I had started this process over 5 years ago and then we bought out the other machine shop, got employees, and then bought the new property to move our machine shop to...and the decluttering stopped! It's literally eats away at me that I just don't have the time or feel like it after 50-65 hours of working a week. So it remains on my "list" of things to do. I feel such a feeling of achievement to just get rid of one box of items (like I just took a diaper box full of the folded brown paper that used to come as packaging in the Stampin' Up shipments out of my spare room to take to work to use as packaging for parts!) Yea! 5 lbs out Haven't opened up PSE since last Friday and yes, I am doing the mini classes from Jessica Sprague...such a good review and it's making me itch to scrapbook again! Keep telling myself baby steps...gotta go take Rufus out! he's staring at me and has hit the door bells once already! Have a good Sunday everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2018, 12:33 PM   #168  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Heart Happy Sunday!

Hello from Michigan! I'm here for another day before heading south to my youngest DS and then on to Indiana for Customer meetings ... it's another busy travel week.

Sharon, Jayne, I think traveling has actually helped me get pages done. I have limited supplies with me so it helps narrow down the "decision-time" and there is limited interruptions or other things to do in the evenings so ...I've just gotten good at packing which helps as well

Last year I did a challenge that was to do 15-30 minutes of "crafting" per day. That seemed to really help my Creative MOJO process. I'm not sure what clicked but it's helped me figure out how to tell my stories and get my pages done. I also think the re-org/purge I did made it much easier as I can grab papers, embellishments, scraps quickly and it helps to just keep going.

---- Scrap On ---- I'll be back to upload some more pages I got done, Just working on finishing a couple more now
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2018, 01:51 PM   #169  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Lela has a great point of motivation for decluttering - the fewer the choices we have the more likely we will get pages done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2018, 03:34 PM   #170  
Die Cut Diva

Not scrapbook related but I have been wanting to learn how to make wreaths and my BFF showed me how. I�ve made for my boys a 4th of July one, a Valentines Day one and a St Patrick�s Day one Finally made one for me and hung it up Friday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2018, 07:19 PM   #171  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Hello from Michigan! I'm here for another day before heading south to my youngest DS and then on to Indiana for Customer meetings ... it's another busy travel week.

Sharon, Jayne, I think traveling has actually helped me get pages done. I have limited supplies with me so it helps narrow down the "decision-time" and there is limited interruptions or other things to do in the evenings so ...I've just gotten good at packing which helps as well

Last year I did a challenge that was to do 15-30 minutes of "crafting" per day. That seemed to really help my Creative MOJO process. I'm not sure what clicked but it's helped me figure out how to tell my stories and get my pages done. I also think the re-org/purge I did made it much easier as I can grab papers, embellishments, scraps quickly and it helps to just keep going.

---- Scrap On ---- I'll be back to upload some more pages I got done, Just working on finishing a couple more now

Lela, you make it sound so easy and I wish I had your discipline.

I also did some re-org a couple of years ago and it's made life easier but I spend so much time thinking about what I want to do on the LO and then when I start I change my mind and spend more time moving things around and then can't find things I've re-arranged in my craft room LOL.

I have decided to try and find a LO on the net or Pintrest or follow a sketch from now on and make my life easier...we shall see ;):rolleyes: You know me, I end up going way overboard :p

Happy safe trip and enjoy time with your son.

Joyce Ann...I don't know if I could bear to part with my stash....I have so much but I know I will throw something away and then realise I need it and go and buy more so for now I'm sitting on it all and just trying to use it up, plus the grandies are now allowed to just use what they want....well, within reason...LOL.

Michele, your wreath is beautiful. I still have a CTMH wreath I got for free at a workshop last year sitting in my craft room to be made...and some creative words for my wall to be painted or papered...not sure what to do with them. Any ideas everyone? They are just chipboard large letters at present and I was going to paint them white.

Happy Monday everyone...a lovely pleasant day here...low 20s today I think which is so unusual for this time of year. I'm being naughty on the pc whilst hubby is at a golf meeting ...but I can feel my leg aching already so will soon have to go and lie back on the couch. I did start a panel for a card yesterday....but it's still sitting there unfinished and was only using paper so not difficult...just a bit of sticking and cutting... LOL.

Take care and happy day
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2018, 12:45 PM   #172  
Die Cut Diva

Another page done ... this is the last page that will fit in photo album so it's a single page.

I liked this frame in the paper pack but the center was a beige and cream diagonal stripe that I didn't think would go well with my layout ... so I cut the frame out, inked the edges and adhered it to this orange paper that was in the paper pack. Where the faux washi tape was on the frame I added washi tape.

Fall Fun at the Pumpkin Patch

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2018, 03:40 PM   #173  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 893 Likes on 566 Posts

It is spring outside... Tons of rain.. feeling the damp in my bones..I am alive...I think?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2018, 08:26 PM   #174  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Michele, that is a most beautiful wreath! Wow, I can't imagine making it, it is so detailed. Well done.
Oh my Jayne, I trust you aren't spending too much time up, you want that leg to heal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2018, 12:54 AM   #175  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Tuesday everyone......rise and shine Melissa although I am thinking that some of you will already be awake by now.

it's been a lovely day here and the sun is still shining although I only ventured to the letterbox and back indoors after waving off two dear friends who came and spent a couple of hours with me. We had lots of laughs....just what I needed. I also started a book....after a long drought so I'm back to reading again. What else is a girl to do if she can't craft LOL. :rolleyes:

Hubby hasn't been feeling great for a week and I'm worried about him so off to the Drs he went this arvo after lots of nagging from me. The dr isn't sure what is wrong so he's having some tests done tomorrow. He's also going stir crazy as he's had to cancel his golf a couple of times.

I thought I'd share my current craft table with you...usually known as our dining table...lol. It's messy and I haven't sat at it since last week....mmmm! I have lots of things I want to make.....project life pages, my November/December travel journal, scrap challenge pages, card challenges......a birthday card for our GD which I must start tomorrow come what may. ;) Underneath the mess are 2 LOs I started planning and some cards. Now I have the unicorn sitting on my craft mat ready to go.

Joyce Ann, I was naughty yesterday and whilst hubby was out I climbed our stairs to my craft room to find some dies and cut them out. 40 mins later my knee was throbbing and swollen. I was saved by our doorbell ringing and a friend visiting. Hubby was not impressed when he came home and I've been good since and had the ice pack in tow. Knee now back to normal...phew. :rolleyes:

Hubby has been good and brought some items downstairs for me but there's always something I need. After 4 or more weeks of our table being in this mess, I am itching to get it all back upstairs, into its rightful place and sit at my craft table. I'm finding the mess here in our open plan area driving me nuts.....there is "crap" everywhere and I'm a neat freak...usually. I also need to start decluttering and not being able to do things is irritating me. Not a good patient I'm afraid.;):rolleyes:

I did watch some YouTube videos today on how to make a slider card, printed off a unicorn yesterday off the net and will colour that and try and make a slider card for our poppet tomorrow, so my time has been put to some use.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. Happy day and creating.

Ps...the spoon holder sitting on my desk is waiting to be painted. I broke it yesterday...oops....have superglued it and it's showing a crack. A girl who crafts can fix anything lol. It's a small sentimental piece we brought back from Tuscany so I can't bear to part with it...crack and all..see what challenges I have. How will I ever declutter lol
get inky and have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 02-20-2018 at 12:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2018, 05:43 AM   #176  
Die Cut Diva

Jayne, don’t overdo but I know what it’s like to be laid up with knee surgery. I had my torn meniscus removed about 7 years ago and I thought I’d go nuts not being able to craft while recovering. That whole keeping your leg elevated thing gets in the way. Hope your hubby feels better soon. When mine is sick and can’t golf he drives me crazy!

Thank you a all for your kind words on my scrap pages ... I think my quilt days spill over into my scrapping ... I have to cut everything up and put it back together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2018, 06:36 PM   #177  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

I don't ever Rembr being this busy for a long time... Gives a whole new meaning to being empty nesting. I did however manage to finish up some layouts that have been sitting on my desk since the first week of February.

1st Birthday by Annie's Pantry - at Splitcoaststampers

Valentine Princesses by Annie's Pantry - at Splitcoaststampers
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2018, 08:55 PM   #178  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Jayne, don�t overdo but I know what it�s like to be laid up with knee surgery. I had my torn meniscus removed about 7 years ago and I thought I�d go nuts not being able to craft while recovering. That whole keeping your leg elevated thing gets in the way. Hope your hubby feels better soon. When mine is sick and can�t golf he drives me crazy!

Thank you a all for your kind words on my scrap pages ... I think my quilt days spill over into my scrapping ... I have to cut everything up and put it back together.
Thanks Michele...I am trying to keep it elevated as much as possible but I'm not a sitter ;)

Yep he's driving me nuts as he has missed his golf twice this week and as he's now not well and having some tests done what a pair we are. I'm more worried about him than my knee. He's laid out on one couch watching sport...the thing that keeps him sane I think other than reading his daily paper....and I'm on the other on this site LOL.

I need to start colouring in Emily's unicorn...I asked hubby what colour should I colour it in and his response was "Jayne, hasn't anyone told you, there's no such thing as a unicorn so it's no colour" LOL. Of course there is I say...and fairies, and gnomes, and Santa and anything else I can think of :rolleyes:

Happy Wednesday everyone....the sunshine is still shining this end. Take care
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2018, 04:44 AM   #179  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.

PKP004 is live!

This second challenge of the month features TIPS - achieving cohesiveness with color. Check it out HERE. <--click.

At the moment, my page is not posted; however, I will come back and add that later.

Never give up, just practice, stay positive and have fun!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2018, 06:13 AM   #180  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart Hey Wednesday

Hello from Louisville, Kentucky We had a good customer meeting yesterday and dinner at a cool German Restaurant last night ... tomorrow we head back to Ohio

I've been scrapping "random" pages ... my inspiration seems to be hopping all over the place, but I'm looking forward to this weekend

******* Are any of you doing VSN Friday? *******
I'm planning to, my card stash needs a boost ....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2018, 06:26 AM   #181  
Die Cut Diva

Yesterday temperature was in th 80s ... today in the 40s. Guess I just need to hibernate in my craft room.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2018, 02:53 PM   #182  
Die Cut Diva

Weather outside seems colder than what the thermometer says with the wind and no sunshine ... just a “blustery” day.

Spent the day in my happy place but no paper crafting. Worked on a wreath for hubby and me and one for youngest son/DIL to hang The week of May 13th (Back the Blue). Have some Easter ones I want to make ... need to have these done before March 12th so I can take when we go visit. Of course hubby is doing an eye roll...another craft to fund and more crafting supplies in the House!

Happy crafting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2018, 03:48 PM   #183  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart Yup!

Quote:

Yesterday temperature was in th 80s ... today in the 40s. Guess I just need to hibernate in my craft room.
Here too! Yesterday 78 and sun, today cold, rainy and 42 ... yuck! I stepped in a puddle this afternoon and my feet have been cold ever since. :rolleyes:

I'm at the table scrapping but it's slow going tonight ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2018, 07:16 PM   #184  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart Finally

I had time to get some pages uploaded tonight ... I finished a page but didn't like the 2nd one I started on ... and realized I had more photos to go with it, ugh! It's frustrating when that happens ....

Jake! (Stash Challenge Page)
Montana Travel
Butte
Christmas Fun 17
Utah and Idaho
Olympic Visitor
Show Ready (Stash Challenge Page)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2018, 05:08 PM   #185  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart Anyone?

Quote:

******* Are any of you doing VSN Friday? *******
I'm planning to, my card stash needs a boost ....

I was hoping some of my Scrap Sisters were planning to do VSN tomorrow night? 3 challenges
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2018, 06:23 PM   #186  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Friday everyone....

Lela, I will check out the VSN but I doubt I can join in as I can't still sit for long. It sounds fun though and I hope you get some people to join. If it's just cards I do have a few to make and am so far behind on challenges...I will find out more soon...;) Have fun if I don't see you on that thread. Will also check out your LOs shortly...wow, you've done heaps.

I need to check out the temperatures you ladies are mentioning but take it it is cold and wet over your way? My sister showed me snow in the UK last week...but it is still February and can snow there into March and sometimes April. Our weather is weird too at present.....30/31 today and very pleasant. The sun is shining with a light breeze. We had a cyclone in the northern part of our State (WA...known as the Wait awhile State or Western Australia LOL) and it's brought winds and strange weather down this way, although the wind has now bated. Tomorrow there's a big annual swim over to Rottnest (known as Rotto)....my friend's DIL is swimming in it...20kms and my friend is having kittens. We know her DIL will be fine...she's done it before and is mentally and physically prepared, although I wouldn't want to swim where the sharks are...ooops did I say that :rolleyes:

Hubby has been on a 24 hr bp monitor and boy it's been jumping around. He's just taken it back to the hospital so I'm being naughty and sitting in our study on the pc as my iPad and this site don't like one another LOL.

Yesterday was a medical day....for me and hubby. I'm more worried about him and he has a pee test on Monday for those who don't know (I posted on another thread LOL). His blood results came back ok so we aren't sure what is going on with him but he's had a headache now for 11 days and other symptoms. I'm being nurse to him and he's being nurse to me LOL. What a pair we are.

Today is our little GD's 5th birthday....here's the unicorn slider card I made whilst lying on the couch with hubby's help fetching me stickles and anything else I needed from my craft room. She wanted pink/purple/yellow and sparkle so I think I met her criteria....;) The feather was off a pressie a friend brought me this week, the unicorn off a free digi stamp website and everything else out of my stash. I had to stick the 5 on the front as I dropped colour on the unicorn...ooops. We are going to their home later for dinner. Son will push me around on the study chair if I need it...LOL. Can't wait to see the poppets.

I woke to one of your fellow countrymen saying something on the radio about the good and bad guys....I thought and this guy is a "good guy"?...the only people making sense to me at present are the kids who are suffering and want change. I apologise in advance if I am out of line here and I don't mean to offend anyone. I love your country and consider you all as my friends and wish a successful and peaceful outcome to what is happening.........but as an outsider looking in......!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone...take care. Happy creating this weekend.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2018, 05:55 AM   #187  
Matboard Maniac

Default Heading out

I would love to do the vsn but we're heading out to Death Valley to take the kids camping this weekend. I've never been camping with this many kids and certainly not as many babies as we currently have I hope it goes well.
Jayne, I hope your husband gets to feeling better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2018, 06:06 AM   #188  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Here's wishing you a successful camping adventure! I haven't been camping since I was a Cub Scout leader in the early 90's. We have a small window here in Florida to go before it gets too unbearably hot.

Jane, my heart breaks for all the violence all over the world too. This last school shooting hits home especially since I graduated from high school not to far from there. Anything that can be done to curb violence is welcomed, in my opinion. So sorry to hear your hubby is having health issues - you two please take care! I may not actually know you but I love you and all of you are my sweet sisters whom I care about. Oh, happy 5th to your precious, I think this card will thrill her, I know it would have delighted my Tiny Tot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2018, 06:20 AM   #189  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default I am playing .v.s.n

I am planning on playing VSN mini, Lela! In fact will be one of the hostesses for the main event inMarch.

Jaynenhooe to see you playing tonight!

Joyce Ann, I ordered one of those $25.00 FSJ mystery boxes that is suppose to have over $100.00 of products in it, and am hoping to get it today!

Andy, have fun camping! We used to go when our kids were toddlers and take our little daschound with us. We went with my parents, no camper, just slept in tents! I can’t believe we did that! LOLI had to edit to say that was over 45 years ago, because oldest will be 48 tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2018, 12:28 PM   #190  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

VSN Mini starts in less than 45 minutes!

How Does Your Garden Grow VSN Chat!! by LuvLee at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2018, 10:10 PM   #191  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Saturday everyone....

Andy hope the camping went well and hubby is still not right but having lots of tests. We have some theories but we aren't Drs and will see what the experts say next week. Thank you ladies for your kind thoughts. We are a pair at present and neither of us likes to be cooped up...thank goodness I have my craft. ;)

Joyce Ann...I agree anything that can be done to stop what is happening is better than nothing....hugs. I also think of you all as my dear friends on this site and am so grateful for your welcome, support and wonderful chats. Emily loved her card...she certainly had lots of unicorns for her birthday

Lela, thanks for the heads up on the VSN challenge...I had lots of fun and I still am amazed I made 3 cards. I've since lost one out of my gallery but hey it was there....honestly...LOL I am such a ditz sometimes :rolleyes: Sharon kept me on the right line but I still got lost...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sharon, what is FSJ...it rings a bell....maybe not tell me LOL as I may spend. It sounds a great buy.

Thanks again ladies...sending hugs and love from Oz...and I will get back to scrapping. I just need to clear my table a little first...the photos are somehow buried now. :rolleyes:
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2018, 10:52 PM   #192  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart Yay!

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Thanks Sharon! I was able to get all 3 cards done, very fun challenges. I haven't done one of those in some time

Tomorrow I hope to be scrapping most of the day as I leave next week for a long trip so it's a Scrappy Weekend.

Sharon, Jayne and Joyce Ann, your cards are all so cute! I checked the ones I spotted. Look at us, scrappers and stampers, LOL...

Jayne, I think FSJ is "Fun Stampers Journey". I've only seen a catty one time but it had some fun stuff. I was glad to pull out some "stash papers and stamps" tonight for Cards ... lots of stash used

Can't wait to see your challenge Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2018, 12:03 AM   #193  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Thanks Sharon! I was able to get all 3 cards done, very fun challenges. I haven't done one of those in some time

Tomorrow I hope to be scrapping most of the day as I leave next week for a long trip so it's a Scrappy Weekend.

Sharon, Jayne and Joyce Ann, your cards are all so cute! I checked the ones I spotted. Look at us, scrappers and stampers, LOL...

Jayne, I think FSJ is "Fun Stampers Journey". I've only seen a catty one time but it had some fun stuff. I was glad to pull out some "stash papers and stamps" tonight for Cards ... lots of stash used

Can't wait to see your challenge Sharon
Hi Lela, hope you get some scrapping done. I would like to find mine on my table lol.

Yep who would have thought it....Scrappers and stompers....lol. I so had fun. Just wish I could find my missing card...lol

Happy weekend and I will check your LOs and cards out later.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2018, 08:07 AM   #194  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sharon, hope you like the goodies in your mystery box! Two of my daughter's friends ordered boxes through her so I got to see the insides. The problem for us is that we already bought so much so have just about everything we could want, therefor not worth the chance of getting duplicates. Now if it was a grab bag of card stock I could go with that since duplicate cs isn't a problem.

Jayne, Fun Stampers Journey is a stamp company, like Stampin' Up!. It was actually founded by a man who used to work for SU and his brother was one of the artists as well. FSJ only has rubber and the stamps actually cling to the blocks or the lids to the stamping platforms. The cs and dsp is also of the highest quality. Unfortunately for you they are not selling in Oz yet - lol My daughter is a coach (demo in SU terms) and places orders for friends.

Another thing, folks, I discovered a site that sells lots of goodies that we all love. It is direct from China. Some of the same stamp companies images, for example, have been made silicone, lots of dies and other stuff, even non-stamping related. It will amaze. Hard to actually find something you may be looking for and it says it will take 30 days or more to ship via China Post. I've recently ordered a few things, will see what I get.

This past week I have been sewing, last evening and this morning I made some cards, not sure when I will make a scrap page. At least I'm using stash, both paper and fabric.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2018, 08:19 AM   #195  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Joyce Ann, I don’t have that much by FSJ, but my wonderful friend said it I do by chance get a duplicate stamp, or die or something, she will trade it out with something she has. Was there other thins other than stamps? I would love some of their other stuff. I have a couple of their dies and stencils, and I really like them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2018, 10:09 AM   #196  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sharon, you are the perfect candidate for a mystery box! There is some other stuff, mostly stamps though. You should love it. Whatever your box has.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2018, 10:20 PM   #197  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnniePandaView Post

Jayne, Fun Stampers Journey is a stamp company, like Stampin' Up!. It was actually founded by a man who used to work for SU and his brother was one of the artists as well. FSJ only has rubber and the stamps actually cling to the blocks or the lids to the stamping platforms. The cs and dsp is also of the highest quality. Unfortunately for you they are not selling in Oz yet - lol My daughter is a coach (demo in SU terms) and places orders for friends.

Another thing, folks, I discovered a site that sells lots of goodies that we all love. It is direct from China. Some of the same stamp companies images, for example, have been made silicone, lots of dies and other stuff, even non-stamping related. It will amaze. Hard to actually find something you may be looking for and it says it will take 30 days or more to ship via China Post. I've recently ordered a few things, will see what I get.

This past week I have been sewing, last evening and this morning I made some cards, not sure when I will make a scrap page. At least I'm using stash, both paper and fabric.
Thanks Joyce Ann....good job its not in Oz yet...LOL and like you I don't need more stash. Maybe a couple of particular stamp sets for certain challenges that I would have liked to have had yesterday....haha, but right now I don't need a thing...famous last words ;):rolleyes:

I'd love to know the site in China...yes I know I have just said I don't need anything but I'm always on the lookout for cheaper and closer stuff to me. I usually buy from Amazon or some craft sites in the US and only if the shipping is reasonable and the items are cheaper than to buy here. China does have some great buys...would like to hear how your new stash is and the quality. Enjoy.

Hope you found time to sew. Like you I got stuck on the card challenges this week, mainly because I can't sit for long although I did yesterday morning for over 3 hours :rolleyes:...I ended up with the ice pack on my knee, heat pack on my back :rolleyes: and my nose and forehead throbbing...that's another story. Ask Melissa LOL...;)....

I really want to get back to my scrapping. The good news is I sat last night making a list of all the challenges I would like to do, scrapping and cards, over the last few weeks. February may be soon gone but I am COMMITTED...LOL....to doing them.

Happy day and take care my SCS friend :p
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2018, 10:22 PM   #198  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Joyce Ann, I don�t have that much by FSJ, but my wonderful friend said it I do by chance get a duplicate stamp, or die or something, she will trade it out with something she has. Was there other thins other than stamps? I would love some of their other stuff. I have a couple of their dies and stencils, and I really like them.

Now that's a thought...a trade/swap on stash. My problem is it probably would cost me more to ship to you guys :( I have some items I will probably never use and am thinking I can offer them to the poppets....or see if one of my crafty friends would like them....probably not....or a local craft group would like them....we don't have many around where I am. Sad...they all have disappeared the past few years and those that are around I don't go to....give them to primary schools. I may have to check that one out.;)
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2018, 11:15 PM   #199  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart Ah yes ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzpomView Post
Now that's a thought...a trade/swap on stash. My problem is it probably would cost me more to ship to you guys :( I have some items I will probably never use and am thinking I can offer them to the poppets....or see if one of my crafty friends would like them....probably not....or a local craft group would like them....we don't have many around where I am. Sad...they all have disappeared the past few years and those that are around I don't go to....give them to primary schools. I may have to check that one out.;)
One of my friends found out the Local Pregnancy Center has Scrapbooking Classes for those young ladies that live there and so today I spent part of the afternoon pulling out papers and page kits to donate to them? Perhaps there is a local place by you that does the same? I'd not thought of that one

Happy Sunday
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2018, 06:28 AM   #200  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh Lela, this gives me an idea! One of the ladies I had worked with back in Virginia posted a great memory making photo of her boy and I said how I thought it was a "great one for keeping" and asked her if she scrapbooked. No, she doesn't but wished she had the time. This idea of making kits and even some nearly done pages for her came to me. She can go buy the album as the cost to ship wouldn't be smart. I know I have plenty of stash and it would be fun to see what I could put together from it.
Reply With Quote Likes