Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-23-2017, 07:14 AM   #121  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,980 Likes on 1,496 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflakeView Post
Sharon how fun it must have been at your scrap retreat!! Glad you enjoyed it so and got as many pages done as you did. I think it is wonderful getting 21 pages done. Not everyone can do 40-60 pages, at least I never have if I want titles, journaling, and embellishments on it!!

I can't believe that today is the first time I have checked in this month... and never signed up for the month. It was probably a good thing! After doing 36 pages last month I have gotten only 1 done this month.
BUT I do have a new quit ready for borders!! It is a smallish wall hanging for a challenge due in October. Now to see if I can get if finished in time.

Have papers and embellishments picked for several layouts but nothing started yet!

Going to check out the monthly challenge.

I forgot to mention and thank Sharon Sewflake, for answering my many questions about going and what to take to scrap retreat. Sharon, it is because of you I got so much done. I picked photos and papers to take with me and an assortment of embellishments that would work with cruise photos. Thank you so much! Why don't I do this at home? Think what I could get done! But no, I go through everything for every page! LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2017, 07:35 AM   #122  
Glitter Guru

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

You are so sweet Sharon... you are more than welcome.

At one point years ago I almost quit crops all together! As a matter of fact I did quit going as I did not know what to take to make pages while at one. I went to more than one crop where all I did the whole time was shuffle thru pictures and not having anything I needed/wanted to make a page!!!

Just passing along what I found worked for me, and still doing 21 pages like you did Sharon is a BIG accomplishment!! For anyone!!

At home if I manage one a day I think that is fantastic!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2017, 07:50 AM   #123  
Glitter Guru

Yikes, I noticed there are no other layouts this week. At least not yet!

Dirty Biking
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2017, 08:50 AM   #124  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
I forgot to mention and thank Sharon Sewflake, for answering my many questions about going and what to take to scrap retreat. Sharon, it is because of you I got so much done. I picked photos and papers to take with me and an assortment of embellishments that would work with cruise photos. Thank you so much! Why don't I do this at home? Think what I could get done! But no, I go through everything for every page! LOL
I have to train myself that once I find a patterned paper/stamp/embellishment that works on my page, STOP LOOKING to see if I find one I like more. Because time is limited with a 6-month-old who sometimes naps for three hours and sometimes only for 45 minutes, because he likes to keep me on my toes.

Haven't gotten to do much scrapping lately (and I still have almost a dozen layouts I haven't even posted here yet!) because my husband had back surgery last week. He's doing good, staying at home for a month to recover, but that means I have two kids to take care of ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2017, 08:56 AM   #125  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Christy! You are busy! I didn't start scrapbooking till my kids were grown, and most of what I have done has been since I retired! So don't know how you do it at all! Hang in there! Hope your husband heels quickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2017, 10:16 AM   #126  
Glitter Guru

I'm with Sharon M. I did not do any scrapping til my kids were gone and I had grand kids so you are way ahead of the game Christy!!
Lots of scrapping since I retired!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2017, 03:23 PM   #127  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

This isn't a scrap page, but it is something I plan to use on a future page!
Lengthy Girl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2017, 07:12 PM   #128  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Agree!

Quote:

I agree with Sharon M! Thanks to all of you and our discussion on packing for a crop, I really got some good ideas on being better prepared. As most of you know, I spend a lot of time "on the road" so being able to scrap "away from home" expands my creative time.

I used several of your ideas, JoyceAnn, Sharon, Cheryl, others to come up with the list of how to pack. The bag was much more manageable and I got LOTS of pages done! Of course, a couple need "Cricut titles" or something unique but for the most part the pages are completed. Next time out -- Beach Trips photos .... already pulled papers/embellishments and ready for getting these done

I agree with you Melissa on scrapping "Christmas" right now, I really like to do that December/January when I'm in the "mode" BUT (2) reasons, I like Christmas Season to be done before the next or I feel like my memories run together on such a fun holiday experiences AND I wanted pages done for our November VSBN EVENT! (oh so excited! ;) )

I did Sports Pages tonight if it makes you feel any better, LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2017, 11:43 PM   #129  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Quote:

Good morning! Welcome Andy99! Can't wait to see some of your pages! I started the week not feeling great. I have been fighting an IBS flare up. Hope that isn't TMI.

I think doing those 21 pages wore me out! LOL. Or maybe it was just the three weeks on the out of town and the DTGD challenges. I don't know which. How does Lela do all that traveling all the time? So, it is Wednesday, wash sheets day, and time to post my Blog.

Anyway, just checking in on you. .

Hi Sharon

Sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. I find when I have a lot happening that i can't keep up like I used to LOL. I slept in until noon today....gosh...but started to feel off colour yesterday afternoon and when I woke earlier today to go to golf I wasn't better. That was cancelled and it's a beautiful 22 degrees here today ;)...perfect to be out on the golf course.

My intention is to head into my craft room if I can get off this iPad and stop looking at beautiful LOs and videos ;)

Would love a list of tips on how to put pages together quickly one day. I am hopeless and spend so much time choosing but have found paper packs a huge help.

On that note...I am going to now try and scrap a page...missing it.

Enjoy your day. Take care jx
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 08-23-2017 at 11:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2017, 01:18 PM   #130  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Just finishing production on another VSBN page!
By the Tree 2016 by AnniePanda - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2017, 05:19 AM   #131  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Another page done. This one is for Ch#5 of VSBN.
VSBN17Aug 1st Christmas by AnniePanda - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2017, 09:21 AM   #132  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

And yet another page for Jovy's album - Getting Busy by AnniePanda - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Am I the only one scrapping so far this weekend?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2017, 04:35 AM   #133  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnniePandaView Post
And yet another page for Jovy's album - Getting Busy by AnniePanda - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Am I the only one scrapping so far this weekend?
Happy Sunday Joyce Ann.

I did a page yesterday using the sketch and have started the 2nd page but not happy with either of them but they will have to do. I'm way too fussy ;)

I've had a bug the past few days so my mojo has disappeared again, but about to go and spend an hour before bed and hope to finish the LO the next day or two. I find that I don't have the right photos to match the sketch or scrap lift but have improvised again.

We have a busy week with our eldest boy's birthday, Father's Day and we are off to China for a couple of weeks next week so I won't be scrapping much in September, and doubt I will meet my August goal. It just hasn't happened this month :(. I'm also still sorting through photos and memorabilia and need to decide on what next to scrap. Maybe I should start with our China trip when we get back. I'm a procrastinator LOL

Hope you have a wonderful week. Happy scrapping everyone.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2017, 05:03 AM   #134  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

How exciting, Jayne, enjoy your 2 weeks in China! Stay well,don't catch any more bugs.
Some months we don't get much done, just keep plugging along and do whatever you can, especially catching up some of the background work like sorting and such is still good. Doing your trip photos is certainly a good idea because the event will still be fresh and allow more details in your journaling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2017, 11:13 AM   #135  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Another layout from me, the sketch challenge. Only one more page to go and I'll have met my Aug goal.
AnniePanda's Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2017, 11:26 AM   #136  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! I haven't scrapped any this past week. Three days of work, then hubby & I took off for a couple days in Louisville. We got back Friday afternoon, unpacked and rested. Then Saturday, did some work around the farm and I finished painting three concrete projects, fixed supper, did chores, etc. And oh yeah, laundry. Today, went to visit Dad & Mom, eat lunch, finish laundry and do some light housekeeping. Getting ready to go back to work on Monday. No time to scrap! :lol: But I did journal about a portion of the visit to Louisville that I didn't take much pictures. I wanted to experience it. So hoping the story I tell brings the photos to mind.

Never give up, just practice, stay positive and have fun!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2017, 04:47 PM   #137  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 231 Likes on 146 Posts

Gosh...I have missed so much! I can't believe September is lurking around the next corner. Have had a busy month and today finally put my foot down and said ENOUGH to all of it and went to my room to scrapbook for the first time this month. Jumped right in to the VSBN challenges and really enjoyed Lela's sense of humor with her MOJO looking theme. Got 8 pages done today and the scrap lift challenge for the month as well which makes me meet my goal for the month. Linked them all in those perspective challenge threads. Haven't been to a crop in ages, but I will revisit this thread for suggestions should I find the opportunity arise. Have a great rest of the month. It's almost OVER!

Goal Aug 8/8 YTD 127
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2017, 12:17 AM   #138  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

How exciting, Jayne, enjoy your 2 weeks in China! Stay well,don't catch any more bugs.
Some months we don't get much done, just keep plugging along and do whatever you can, especially catching up some of the background work like sorting and such is still good. Doing your trip photos is certainly a good idea because the event will still be fresh and allow more details in your journaling.

Thank you Joyce Ann. I am starting to get excited and will have to start thinking of getting my case out ;) I am feeling a lot better today and did finish the 2 page LO yesterday (minus journalling) and managed to do the 2nd page quickly yesterday evening so will post that as part of the VSBN challenge too. I will try and post them later today or tomorrow.

Yes I think just doing something each month is better than nothing and once I have all the photos sorted and memorabilia it will make it easier for me to start on our travel pages.

I ended up doing the 2 page LO for the youngest son's albums....;). Just when I thought I had finished, I came across a pile of photos of his 8th birthday party. I couldn't bear not to scrap them but at least I haven't found more . The photos aren't the best but it was the first party we had for him away from home and he pleaded with us to book it, so he will remember it well His albums are well and truly completed!

I hope you are well and enjoying the start of your week.

To those of you who are near Texas, I hope you are all safe and dry. We have friends in Houston and thankfully we heard today that they are all ok.

Happy week everyone. Hugs
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2017, 05:05 AM   #139  
Glitter Guru

Jayne glad you are feeling better... better yet, thrilled that you are caught up on son's album. Finding photos when you think you are done happens to me a lot and like you I can not bare to not scrap them.

I have not done very well with the challenges.......... sorry to say. It has been a slow scrapping month for me.

Amy - sounds like you were able to get lots done even with a busy schedule this month...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2017, 08:50 AM   #140  
Hardware Hotshot

Hello everyone. It's great to see that some of you have made a lot of progress this month. I've reached my goal (and will go over by a couple), but I have uploaded any of them I may just upload one or 2 later today.

Hope you all have a productive Monday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2017, 09:49 AM   #141  
Glitter Guru

I have a couple of pages to post but the file exceeds the limit...that means I have to go back in and change the size, not that it is hard to do it just takes a bit of time and since I updated my computer operating system it seems to take even more time!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2017, 02:07 PM   #142  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 894 Likes on 567 Posts

I finally finished the layout for grumpy.. yes the face is obscured and the names

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2017, 02:16 PM   #143  
Stazon Splitcoast

here is another one

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2017, 05:11 PM   #144  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi FMcrafter....your LOs and the links aren't showing ?? Good to hear you managed to get some scrapping done.

I finished the journaling yesterday and will post mine later. Have a few jobs to do this morning. Happy day everyone
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2017, 05:56 PM   #145  
Stazon Splitcoast

ok.. thank I will try again

[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...656a3cce02.gif
[/IMG]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2017, 06:01 PM   #146  
Stazon Splitcoast

hmm trying the 2nd one

[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...ba4870f7bb.gif
[/IMG]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2017, 06:03 PM   #147  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am going to logout and shut down in case there is something at my end... but I don't seem to be the only one having an issue.  Will try tomorrow
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2017, 06:10 PM   #148  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Hello Monday

Well, for me it's "that time of year" that Allergies kick in and I am "down for the count" today ... I barely made it through the day upright, hoping for better tomorrow.

I did get some scrappin' done this weekend and one of these days, I need to spend time fighting with the Upload Process! I did finish my August Scraplift and all of the VSBN challenges ... I guess I got lucky and found the MOJO recently, that's good :o

Super excited for some changes coming to SCS Scrapping Section AND our VSBN for the rest of the year ... oh yeah! Super Fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2017, 12:59 AM   #149  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
I am going to logout and shut down in case there is something at my end... but I don't seem to be the only one having an issue. Will try tomorrow
Hi FMcrafter, I could open the links but they don't seem to be in a gallery to allow comments. Love them. TFS Happy day
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2017, 01:03 AM   #150  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Well, for me it's "that time of year" that Allergies kick in and I am "down for the count" today ... I barely made it through the day upright, hoping for better tomorrow.

I did get some scrappin' done this weekend and one of these days, I need to spend time fighting with the Upload Process! I did finish my August Scraplift and all of the VSBN challenges ... I guess I got lucky and found the MOJO recently, that's good :o

Super excited for some changes coming to SCS Scrapping Section AND our VSBN for the rest of the year ... oh yeah! Super Fun!

Well done Lela on finishing all of the challenges. I wish I had more time in August as the challenges are great but I am running out of time :(

Sorry to hear you are suffering with allergies....I know that feeling well. I have chronic sinitus and some months it feels as though I have a head cold for weeks on end but am managing it well with meds and improving. September/October time here is bad for hay fever and I'm hoping this year I will again be better. I've also changed my diet the past couple of years and that for some reason has helped, or maybe I'm just thinking it has ;)

Happy day and take care.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2017, 01:04 AM   #151  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Another 2 pages completed this month...yay! Posted for the sketch and VSBN challenges.

YTD: 59
8/12 completed for August.

Not sure I will get many more done this week but will try for at least 1 more page.

Have fun everyone.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2017, 02:14 AM   #152  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Good morning ladies!  

Hoping y'all up and going again!  

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2017, 04:23 AM   #153  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mollymoo951View Post
Good morning ladies!

Sorry to hear about all the allergies and such. I, too, have chronic sinusitis. Meh. It's something to learn to live with, eh? Claritin and Mucinex are my friends!

Hoping y'all up and going again!

Hi Melissa...st least you spelt our ailment right.....:p It is something to live with and meds help. I use a spray and take an antihistamine tablet daily and they help.

Have a great day.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2017, 06:25 AM   #154  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Anyone interested and willing to try this, let me tell you what I did to put a stop to the chronic sinus trouble many years ago.
Buy a big jar of alfalfa tablets, probably only from a health food store. For the first two weeks you need to take 10 tabs a day. After that, drop down to 3 a day until your symptoms have diminished. 10 a day is a lot, for sure, I divided my 10 and took them in 3 sessions.
It's just food, no medicine here, but, it is always a good recommendation to advise everyone to consider your own health and ask your doctor if alfalfa is safe with whatever meds you are taking. Of course, your doctor would much rather you continue to support big pharmaceuticals. Just sayin'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2017, 06:26 AM   #155  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

here is my 10th page for August, now to wait a week or so for the next series of challenges to strike my fancy!
Garden Photos Collecion by AnniePanda - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2017, 02:37 PM   #156  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:

Anyone interested and willing to try this, let me tell you what I did to put a stop to the chronic sinus trouble many years ago.
Buy a big jar of alfalfa tablets, probably only from a health food store. For the first two weeks you need to take 10 tabs a day. After that, drop down to 3 a day until your symptoms have diminished. 10 a day is a lot, for sure, I divided my 10 and took them in 3 sessions.
It's just food, no medicine here, but, it is always a good recommendation to advise everyone to consider your own health and ask your doctor if alfalfa is safe with whatever meds you are taking. Of course, your doctor would much rather you continue to support big pharmaceuticals. Just sayin'
I had a big hee hee just thinking about mollymoo taking alfalfa tablets. :mrgreen: No telling what my husband will say. Today, he finally loaded up two heifers after they tore up a brand new gate. He was so not happy last evening!

I'm gonna check this out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2017, 03:35 PM   #157  
Stazon Splitcoast

I only posted my layouts here cause I was having so many issues. Also people get frustrated with me blocking out faces.

So I showed them to my son today and he loves them. Just need to load them into his scrapbook. He is going backpacking this weekend so I hope he stays warm.. he will be up north. And I hope he gets good pictures
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2017, 04:04 PM   #158  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:

I only posted my layouts here cause I was having so many issues. Also people get frustrated with me blocking out faces.

So I showed them to my son today and he loves them. Just need to load them into his scrapbook. He is going backpacking this weekend so I hope he stays warm.. he will be up north. And I hope he gets good pictures
I would not let other people's frustration at you blocking out faces stop you from posting your projects online. Reminds me of those who fuss because we sign the back of our cards.

How does blocking out the faces distract from the sketch, the layout, the colors? It doesn't.

Sometimes I blur journaling. I get frustrated with me because sometimes it takes a couple tries so it looks...nice and doesn't distract from the project. I think, like everything else, it will get easier with practice.

Glad your son likes your pages! LOL - hope he gets good pictures also! Does he text them to you?

The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2017, 04:12 PM   #159  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks! I will see my son when he gets back from camping. I plan on cooking a chicken and sharing it. His girlfriend is going south with the girls for the weekend and he is going north with the boys. I will tempt them with a home cooked meal waiting at their place in exchange for a flash drive full of pictures! Yup mom has ways to get pictures! Lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2017, 05:45 PM   #160  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:

Thanks! I will see my son when he gets back from camping. I plan on cooking a chicken and sharing it. His girlfriend is going south with the girls for the weekend and he is going north with the boys. I will tempt them with a home cooked meal waiting at their place in exchange for a flash drive full of pictures! Yup mom has ways to get pictures! Lol

I always love it when my husband and son text me pictures!

The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes