Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-31-2021, 07:05 PM   #1  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking April Scrappin and Chatter - sbc21apr

Scrappin' Challenge 2021 Can you believe this is our 13th year of Scrappin' Goal Challenge?!

We sure completed an AWESOME number of pages together in 2009 through 2020 and I'm looking forward to MORE Scrap pages together in 2021! Let's keep scrappin'. It was SO fun to chat about and see everyone's pages,goals and ideas for completing LOTS of scrapbook pages in 2021! Many had a common theme - get more pages done, use what's in our stash, meet new scrapping friends, plan time/crops... What fun we'll have sharing ideas, cheering success, keeping the motivation and making new friends. Our scrap goal isn't all about getting pages done, it's also about enjoying the process!

Please feel free to join at any time!

Here's the CHALLENGE. Each person can share their page goals, pages and ideas. for those of use who like Annual Goals, we will have a better shot at meeting our yearly goal if we break it down by month. *In this thread, we track our monthly goals. We find it helps us keep getting pages done which is good for all of us. You choose your own scrapbook page goal and monthly spend goal. You may select 2, 3, 5, 50 pages....you choose. The idea is to be flexible so if you know you're going to be really busy, you can reduce the number one month or if you're going to a couple crops or scrap weekends, up the number. This also works for the budget. Each month, you can change your goals depending on your calendar!

The whole goal of the challenge is to get lots of pages done all the while enjoying sharing with Virtual Friends. Are you UP for the CHALLENGE?Come and Play in the 2021 Scrapbook Challenge!

Here's to Meeting our Scrapping Goals & Meeting New Friends! We'd love to "oohh" and "aahh" over your pages so please post with key word "sbc21apr"

Last edited by Lmn; 05-01-2021 at 06:22 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2021, 07:06 PM   #2  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking April Scrappers

April Scrappers
* come and play *

Jayne (scs Ozpom) -
Amy (scs ShirleysGirl) -
Lela (scs Lmn) - 60
Sharon (scs Sewflake) -
Tanya (scs Daizees) -
Cheryl (scs Motherload) -

Last edited by Lmn; 05-01-2021 at 06:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2021, 07:07 PM   #3  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Work On It Wednesday

Happy 2021 Scrappy SCS Friends

This year instead of "Challenges" we're going to have a new opportunity for Inspiration. It's called,

Working On It Wednesdays

Each Wednesday a Hostess will post an Inspiration Idea, Question, Discussion, Picture, Sketch, Link to a past Challenge, a new challenge ... just something that may inspire a page.

We will keep track of how many each of us participate in by doing a page/card from what's posted. Hopefully at the end of 2021, we'll have 52 more cards or scrap pages from our Wednesday happenings.

I'm hoping by keeping it more casual, we'll get others who are willing to help do a post for the week so it doesn't fall to the same people all the time? It should mix it up some.

All of the Wednesday Posts will be Listed here in our Thread so you don't have to go looking for it.

The Work On It Wednesday Posts will be in the following Post

Last edited by Lmn; 05-01-2021 at 06:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2021, 07:18 PM   #4  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Work On It Wednesday List

March Challenges
030321 - OZPOM - Put A Tag On It
031021 - Motherload - Get Creative with Your Title
031721 - OZPOM - Add Green to your Layout
032421 - OZPOM - Add Ribbon or Buttons
033121 - Shirley'sGirl - SC847 Sketch

February Challenges
020321 - OZPOM - Create a project whether it be a card, scrapbook page, journal page or tag and include at least one recycled object on
021021 - Daizees - Valentine's Day is Sunday. Using supplies that are typical of Valentines, make a layout that is not about Valentines!
021721 - SMadson - I love word play challenges, so my idea is to use items or techniques that begin w/letters in COLD on your project.
022421 - Motherload - SKETCH

Last edited by Lmn; 05-01-2021 at 06:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2021, 07:19 PM   #5  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking YTD Scrappers through March 2021

YTD Scrap Pages

Last edited by Lmn; 05-01-2021 at 06:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2021, 07:25 PM   #6  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking hey hey

Hi Ladies, I've been out with a back problem, so happy to be able to be "upright" tonight. Fingers crossed I am moving in a "well" direction and can scrap again ... My DH was trying to cheer me one day and put all my 2020 Albums (4) together for me and added all the pages. I have about 8 pages more to do and all of 2020 will be done

I'm hoping to attend a Crop at the end of April ... how are you guys feeling about attending "in person"? I will have both vaccines but still plan to wear a mask and social distance what I can but it will be great to be with scrappers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2021, 04:05 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,492 Posts

I am not going to any more retreats because it is to difficult to pack up and unpack, then can’t sleep in room with people who either snore or have sleep machines, or stay up later than me then they come in and wake me up. LOL At home I can go to another bed, if I want to. LOL. Also, it is difficult enough to get comfy in own bed with two bad shoulder and bad hip, let alone a strange bed! So, I have given up on retreats as much as I loved them

I have a lot of different craft projects I am working on, plus, being on the Dirty Dozen for the next few months, junk journaling, but will try to 5. I have done 16 YTD. I am currently working on heritage journals.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2021, 05:30 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 231 Likes on 146 Posts

Gosh Lea hope your back heals quickly! Back pain is no joke since every single movement seems to register and reverberate there.
Sharon, sorry to hear your crop was full of challenges and not the fun scrapbooking kind!

I haven’t been to crop in years and not sure when I will. Not so much due to the Rona as just not knowing anyone around here to go with and wouldn’t want to share a room with someone I don’t know. Plus, the packing up part sounds daunting since I have such a nice space to play in at home. I’ve been trying to get my SIL to come crop here for a retreat, maybe I can get that to happen sometime later in the year. I did love them a long, long time ago when we still lived in St Louis and had a group that regularly cropped. Ahhhh good times!

April goal is 10.
YTD 18
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2021, 05:42 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

So sorry for your back trouble, Lela! How sweet your DH is.
Sharon and Amy, I was never much on the idea of going to a crop for all the reasons you mentioned. I love my bed and my craft space! I went to an over night twice and maybe 3 day time ones.
I believe I am getting back to scrapping more, so will try to join you all more regularly this month. Starting fresh at 15 so far this year. I've started the the challenge to use the card sketch, have the page drafted, photos chosen and papers picked.
15 YTD
8 for April
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2021, 10:17 AM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

Good morning, my lovely scrappy friends. Returning home from Hawaii tomorrow and the only things I’m looking forward to is seeing my cats and getting to scrapbook again! So far April is not a super busy month for me, so I am going to try to complete ten layouts. I think my YTD is 20 layouts but I may have misplaced one somewhere, so don’t quote me on that (not that you planned to do so).

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2021, 06:01 PM   #11  
Glitter Guru

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I’m times I get so busy I forget to come in here and check the first of the month. I have not been spending much time on my computer the last couple days.

I am going with 15 again this month. I hope i feel more like scrapping in April.
I will have to check back to see how many I actually did finish in March before I post that amount or maybe already said
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2021, 06:20 PM   #12  
Glitter Guru

I have 40 pages done thru March with two (almost) done that I will post soon.

I was going to crops last year, until Sherri closed her store/crop/class room down the middle of October. she did close down the shop for several months at the beginning of last year but as soon as allowed we started back. That may have been one of the reasons that attributed to her having to close down permanently.
I have a number of crops available to me during the year as there are a lot of people around here. I just have not made any new connections to go to a Crop although I did have one scheduled and paid for this last January but then ended up having eye surgery two days before the Crop. I found out real quick that Cataract surgery and scrapping just do not do well that close together!!
We have enough crops close by that we don’t have to do a retreat everybody just goes home at night and goes back again the next morning. I am really missing my crop peeps...and not a single outbreak of any Rona...

Right now I’m in the midst of planning a retreat in September in Branson Missouri with a group of ladies online from all over the country that I chat with at scrapbook .com. We have met once before two years ago here in Pensacola and are ready to get together again. So far we are just in the talking stage and trying to make sure that we have a space at the Crop before we book our hotel and flights.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2021, 06:47 PM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,301 Likes on 936 Posts

Happy Easter everyone and happy scrapping.

Cheryl will be posting a challenge for us on Wednesday. Have fun
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2021, 09:33 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Easter Sunday to all my scrappy friends! I feel so energized after our beautiful mass this morning. I have a turkey breast in the oven and taking some time to sit at my desk and start to clean up from the clutter of card making.
I do have a layout in process. I am working on the card sketch one.
What are all of you working on today?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2021, 09:45 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

Happy Easter everyone! I won’t get to be in my scrap room today as we are flying home from Hawaii. Hoping to visit Punchbowl Cemetery on the way to the airport so at least I will have some more material to scrap, not that I lack photos that need scrapping. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2021, 06:53 PM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I’m hoping to start a travel page/s and incorporating some of the March challenges. I just need my headache to subside. Time to get off this ipad..just popping to say hello and waving.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2021, 07:20 PM   #17  
Glitter Guru

Happy Easter...kind of quiet day with afternoon naps and good food and game playing after supper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2021, 05:50 PM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ok finally have all my April bday cards finished so once I find my desk again it’s scrappy time!!! Hugs to all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2021, 07:00 PM   #19  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm with you, Amy, on desk clutter! I still haven't quite got all my Easter card supplies put away. I did, however, start the layout for the card sketch challenge. After dinner tonight I did some stencil work. I colored some texture paste with Pearl Ex. I'm still no where close to understanding how to make my stencil work look great, but I had fun anyway.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2021, 03:31 AM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here are some pages I’ve finally finished for some of the challenges. Happy scrapping.

Funchal Xmas Cheer

Madeira Xmas Joy

Go, See, Explore

get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2021, 08:01 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I recently finished this but hadn't taken the time to post it. It is for the 03-03-21 challenge to put a tag on it.
Tagged at Great Wolf Lodge by AnniePanda at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2021, 08:16 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

And this double page l/o is for the creative title challenge. 03-10-21.
Shibuya Crossing by AnniePanda at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2021, 05:54 PM   #23  
Hardware Hotshot

Here's today's Work on It Wednesdays challenge: Create a layout using a product, color, or technique starting with each of the letters in the word "APRIL." Keyword in the gallery is 040721. Have fun!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2021, 08:04 AM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ok I found my desk as promised. Using the challenges I have missed as inspiration to kick it in gear. Lots of wedding photos to get through though I still do not have them all printed. Did two of Jayne’s challenges and one of Sharon’s.

Rehearsal Dinner Party by Shirleysgirl at Splitcoaststampers
Wedding Day by Shirleysgirl at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2021, 07:32 AM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy weekend!
Anyone scrapping today? I hope to - been saying that for several days now and still have the layout for the card sketch challenge on my table to finish.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2021, 06:35 PM   #26  
Hardware Hotshot

Finally finished a layout for the Work on It Wednesday challenge for 4/7. I listed my "April" items in the gallery.

Just a Flag Waving American

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2021, 12:09 AM   #27  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Joyce Ann I scrapped yesterday and am about to start another LO. I’ve just come online to check out Amy’s challenge as I think it may work for this page I’m about to do. Happy scrapping everyone
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2021, 02:25 AM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here’s some more pages I did yesterday and today. One is for Cheryl’s challenge (title) and one for Amy’s (sketch). Happy scrapping

Doors in Funchal

More Doors and Cafes

Going Up To Monte Village
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2021, 01:58 PM   #29  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

For the card sketch challenge - 033121
SC847 Brother & Sister by AnniePanda at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2021, 09:29 AM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

Goodness, I haven't even checked in, tho I have stopped in...! I only got 3 out of 12 in March but it ended up a weird month. I haven't done any this month yet either. I'm still shooting for 10 pages for April...
I've written down all the Wednesday challenges hoping to get more of them done. I appreciate you guys issuing them!
Today my middle child turns 16 so that's what I'm doing today. Her first date is Saturday, and it is Prom and it is the first dance since the world shut down... So many things!
I hope you all are well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2021, 02:21 PM   #31  
Die Cut Diva

Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

Oh just kidding...I got a page done for the birthday girl, haha! This one uses Cheryl's most recent challenge to use "A-P-R-I-L".
Valentines 2018
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2021, 08:43 PM   #32  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I've also written down all of the challenges and am catching up. Unfortunately my pages are small as I'm still doing my travel album. Not many places to go and yay I will have completed this one trip.
Thank you for all of your kind comments on my pages...much appreciated. I am so enjoying scrapping again and catching up. It's been a while.

I thought I would post the challenge for this Wednesday (140421)........here it is.......

Use a scrapbooking technique on your project....e.g. I am thinking waterfalls, hidden journalling, make it interactive or a technique that you probably did when you first started scrapbooking and have forgotten about. If this doesn't appeal to your style just use a simple technique or make it interactive in some way and that you enjoy doing.

I received an email blog from a lady who is on this site and she designs for SSS. She did a waterfall project and it has inspired me as I have so many photos and can't fit them on my pages so I am going to attempt it today. Wish me luck.

Happy scrapping and hugs
get inky and have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 04-13-2021 at 10:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2021, 03:49 AM   #33  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here’s some more quick pages of our trip.

Our Lady of Monte

Anyone for Toboggan
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2021, 02:40 PM   #34  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks for posting today's challenge, Jayne. It is making me think. I'm not big on interactive because my pages go into a page protector and would be cumbersome to play with once in the album. But, I am thinking about figuring out something with multiple photos anyway.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2021, 06:38 PM   #35  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Got the rest of my wedding pics I was waiting on so jumped in and sorted them all. Sorry in advance for what will be many, many pages!
I also use page protectors as Joyce Ann mentioned above, so the interactive elements do not work well for that style. So thanks to Jayne for giving another take on the challenge.
I completed Jaynes challenge from today by using an old technique of a torn edge on my page. Jazzed it up a bit and heat embossed the torn edge. So I guess that is an old technique with a new twist per se.

I am planning to hit the other challenges strong on these wedding pages.

Here Comes The Bride by Shirleysgirl at Splitcoaststampers

April 4/10
YTD 22
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2021, 06:03 PM   #36  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Added another page and did APRIL word challenge.

Mr & Mrs by Shirleysgirl at Splitcoaststampers

April 5/10
YTD 23
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2021, 03:21 PM   #37  
Hardware Hotshot

Jayne, my head is spinning just from reading your challenge post! So many options, and I'm not sure what is the main thing you want us to use - old technique, simple technique, or interactive technique? Can you please clarify which one to focus on? Thanks!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2021, 05:25 PM   #38  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Another wedding page. This one is Jaynes March 24 challenge. I’m checking them off!!! Ha!

The Happy Couple by Shirleysgirl at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2021, 08:18 PM   #39  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Cheryl...lol...that’s me and a challenge. I’d like people to use an interactive challenge but then I thought some people don’t like using those, e.g hidden journalling, waterfalls, so I thought just do what people want..anything goes. I’m just happy to see people scrap lol. Interactive would be double bonus.

Thanks ladies for your kind comments on my pages. The blue and white tile images on my pages are actual tiles at various spots during travelling and my photos of them. They are very popular in some villages in Europe. I love them as they depict scenes of the areas.

happy scrapping.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2021, 04:57 AM   #40  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,492 Posts

Here is a LO that I did for the April Dirty Dozen Challenge. score
Reply With Quote Likes