Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-30-2014, 09:33 PM   #81  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Debbie- Your piece is just gorgeous!!!! Love it!

Stacy- I will take your little sink. I want one for my mud room. DH is wanting to build me a small sink in that room. That's down the line with all the other things we want to do.

Art stuff for the day. I got the coolest Dover catalog in today with so many pretty things to cut out to use for my miniatures and dolling. I got a doll in today too and I was more excited about that catalog, ROFL! I do love my new doll. I have waited for her a long time. I spent my art time doing some dolling miniature things. Now, I am curled up with a game & YouTube.

Happy Halloween, if you celebrate. I hope you all have a fun and safe Halloween.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2014, 05:13 AM   #82  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, DeeAnn. I've never worked with dolls.

However, I test drove my Gelli plate last night. I'm gonna need a lot more paint!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2014, 06:51 AM   #83  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

I'm gonna need a lot more paint
uh oh, look out credit card!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2014, 04:26 PM   #84  
Crimping Master

I finally got my studio area organized(ish) . I worked on Christmas cards this weekend.Watercoloring to be more precise. We had a VERY busy week/weekend, and it looks like it will just be more of the same. My IL's were just here for 4 days and my family will be here for a week over Thanksgiving. So busy time. Holiday's are also so hectic...but I swear this year has just been a whirlwind for us.

I did enjoy watercoloring though. I have some new paints in my blick cart that I am looking forward to playing with.

Hope everyone is well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2014, 05:21 PM   #85  
Insane Embellisher

WTG Inkin. I'm still working on that. My sister had surgery this past week, so I haven't been able to even open the door to my studio. I did get to go by A couple of Michaels and use my 50% off and get some gelatos. I got a couple of packs of colors and the Mixed media kit so I got tool and about 18 different colors of them. I got them for the original price of gelato Mixed Media kit.

I can't wait to play with them. I'm planning about 3 different Holiday cards planned for Christmas for everyone and some cutie fall cards for my Family back home. That's what I'm planning on for next weekend anyway.

I love watercoloring, that's another reason for the gelatos... can be used like water colors too. I'm very excited.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2014, 10:54 PM   #86  
Die Cut Diva

None of know each other IRL but we tend to do the same thing every week, lol. This week it's the water coloring theme. Isn't that so funny and cool we all do that?

I spent the weekend doing nothing. I bought some new games. I had company over. There's another trend a lot of us had company.

I just read and posted at the thread about turning a dining room into a craft room. I am seriously thinking of turning my living room into a craft room. My DH has been pushing this one for awhile now. I was really hesitant. I don't know why.

Everyone knows I don't care what people think. Was I worried my friends were going to come over and say "Yuck, your living room is an art studio!" I would be like you don't need to be my friend. This week's mixed media project might be tearing up the house.

My living room would make the perfect art studio. It's long, tons of natural light. It's makes a sucky living room because it's long and way too much light, lol.

Wish me luck!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2014, 04:31 AM   #87  
Insane Embellisher

Oh, man to have a much larger room to set up a studio would make me so very happy. I think you should do it, but it's no where near my place to push for it I wish my studio was a bigger room and Living Room size would be WONDERFUL!! Keep us updated on that!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2014, 10:19 AM   #88  
Insane Embellisher

I did some Christmas cards that were simple, but for some reason they were a struggle and I was sick of looking at them when I was done.

Dee Ann, I don't think your hesitation is because of what people would think about turning your living room into a craft room. I think you dread having to move furniture and reorganize your stuff, which would take away from some serious play time. Am I right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2014, 01:43 PM   #89  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Half my stamping supplies are on my living room floor even though I have a craft room upstairs. I would love to have my kitchen as my craft room because of the counters and lighting. My DH suggested I make the living room my craft room so I think about how I could make that work while still keepin the couch, chair, TV, etc. and not put holes in the walls.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2014, 05:04 AM   #90  
Insane Embellisher

What's everyone been up to? Any good crafting going on?

I've been trying to pull a few gelli prints every night. It's easy and I don't have to think too much, especially after a long day of work. They are stacking up, so I better come up with some clever ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2014, 05:19 AM   #91  
Kookie Creator

I worked on a mixed media canvas for my daughter this week and completed ATC size Christmas tags for a swap here on SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2014, 05:45 AM   #92  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

I LOVE today's Mix-Ability challenge because the artist is just my FAVE!! I made this card with paint applied with a credit card and some luminance pencils.

Happy Friday!
Attached Thumbnails
What's everyone doing?-mix93-hello-understandblue-003-copy.png  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2014, 05:58 AM   #93  
Insane Embellisher

Great card, Lydia. I adore France Papillion. Perfect timing for this challenge because my craft group is coming tomorrow and I need something to work on!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #94  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn

I worked on this week's Mixability challenge today, and then worked a little in my junk journal!
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2014, 01:48 AM   #95  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buried TreasuresView Post
Dee Ann, I don't think your hesitation is because of what people would think about turning your living room into a craft room. I think you dread having to move furniture and reorganize your stuff, which would take away from some serious play time. Am I right?
I didn't chicken out. My DH & I gave a serious look what we wanted to do with our art studios & the living room that is endless. I am serious it's just endless. It was so funny because when we bought this home we thought the living room was the same size as the one we had. We were like perfect! We even had the measurements to this living room. The elderly lady that lived here had the living room stuffed with furniture. When she moved out and we moved in we were standing in our living room going "It's so friggin huge!" Lesson learned real estate ads lie on sizes & cluttered furniture makes a room look smaller, lol.

I didn't move my studio. We bought our home super cheap. We were so blessed. DH & I when we bought it knew this would be our ultimate craft project. We decided to split the living room into two rooms. My DH is building a luxurious Master bedroom with luxurious bathroom and library for me. The living room will be smaller and more cozier.

My art studio he's going to knock out the old closet, expand it out and turn it into a sewing room for me. Then turn our bathroom into a studio bathroom for me so I can have a sink and place to do my wet work. You know so many of us need a wet room for wet work.

DH & I are really excited about this. I am so glad that thread came up about turning your living room into a craft room. It helped click things together how to design our home.

I did have a productive art week. I made beautiful Holiday cards. I made some bookmarks. I did a lot of collage work.

I got some paint pens tonight, finally! I know you all can stop laughing. I am probably the only person in the mixed media world with no paint pens. Next week I am going to play with paint pens.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2014, 07:18 AM   #96  
Crimping Master

Today I am going to take some larger canvases I have and make a few abstract(y) paintings for my too large and empty entryway to my house. I have big plans for that space as soon as my husbands work slows down ( in Jan ) But for now it needs *something*. and I need some sort of creative therapy today..or a distraction from laundry?
Abstract is NOT my forte at all. BUT, it might be what i need to loosen me up a bit..and do I ever need that! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2014, 01:54 AM   #97  
Die Cut Diva

I didn't do anything creative at all today. I got a new gaming system. Next week looks like creativity might not be a full week. I also have a new kitten in my home who has discovered my collection of stickers & washi tape. Chaos has ensued! ! Next week I have to move those in my room to a safer place. I thought it was a good time to fix some trouble spot areas in my paper collections.

Oh do I have the enabler alert. I went to Hobby Lobby today for Holiday decor. I was walking around the store when I found clearance books.

I got-
Acrylic Techniques in Mixed Media by Roxanne Padgett
Fashion Illustration by Anna Kiper

Both books were originally over $20. I got them for $5.00. They had a lot of other expensive books marked down. Most of the books were under $5.00. These books were on my Amazon wish list. I am so thrilled. Run to Hobby Lobby this week if you are looking for mixed media or art books. I did not find them in the clearance section. I found them in the decorative painting section.

Question- Is anybody using manual dies in their mixed media? I am wanting to update my die library. I am looking for suggestions.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2014, 05:59 AM   #98  
Mad Swapper

You mean like this? As part of my 'use stuff up' promise to myself, I do sometimes use die cuts but I don't allow myself to cut new, only to use up stuff already cut. That's not usually a problem though since I have tons of stash. I managed to use flowers, butterflies, and corner decorations (the title banner I hand cut).

In about a hundred years when I have run out of bits and pieces though, yes I would absolutely use a die cut if the page warranted it and since I only have a big shot yes they are/would be hand crank. For cards I use basic shapes mostly but in my journal I seem to be using more definitive shapes. I have thought about using the basic shapes more, perhaps as a journal box but I'm am still into the more messy all over the page look at this point.

Honestly it will depend on what subjects you journal about. You are into fashion and gardening so maybe flowers and art doll die cuts. (say those last four words fast three times, lol).

about the picture: the idea started in my head as a page about the migration of Monarch's thru the area each year but morphed when I put the idea to paper.
Attached Thumbnails
What's everyone doing?-butterfly-journey-return.jpg  

Last edited by stampin stacy; 11-09-2014 at 06:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2014, 10:47 PM   #99  
Die Cut Diva

Stacy- That is so pretty. You know how much I love butterflies.

You are helping big time. I have great dies for jewelry making, felt and fabric. I am just stumped for mixed media. I think it's because I make everything with my Cricut or Cameo. Doilies are so popular right now in mixed media. I make all mine on my Cameo or Cricut.

I am over at JoAnn's right now looking at dies. I had to take a break because my eyes are crossing. My kitten was hanging upside down underneath my chair. I thought good time for a break. JoAnn's all I keep seeing are dollar bill signs and nothing inspiring.

I love the idea of corner dies. I really need more corner anything. I do use a lot of corners in mixed media. Thank you for that idea. I got really excited about it. I did put one flower die set on my Wish List. I told DH tonight you can't have enough flower dies.

Would you be surprised if I said half my die collection is fashion, lol. Basic shapes I tend to cut out by hand. You all can see why I am looking for some inspiration.

I nailed maybe flower and art doll four times. You gave me a challenge, lol.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2014, 05:10 AM   #100  
Mad Swapper

Thank you!

Do YOU have butterfly dies?? Don't forget some basic shapes can be cut into fourths or what ever # makes then "fit" for corners - great use for some of those doilie shapes you have.

The Box stores don't seem to have much paper crafting stuff, especially this time of year when they focus on holiday merchandise more. Maybe you need a trip to a hardware store....

Speaking of box stores I need to A) make a trip to a box store get mini greenery (picks) so I can finish up this vertical banner that I have been working on all weekend and B) make a decision on how I'm going to mount these squares- single strip of wide ribbon or tied together with jute.

then I'm going to make more because they are FUN!! I plan on making some for my journal too, aka another die cut use.
Attached Thumbnails
What's everyone doing?-joy-before-done.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2014, 11:10 PM   #101  
Die Cut Diva

I love your new Christmas project. Oh my gosh that is so pretty. Did you decide on jute or something else?

Wow, I never thought about cutting up my doilies for corners. That is just one of those duh, I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. You have given me a billion ideas now. I do cut my doilies up. Make them into flowers or doll dresses.

A trip to the hardware store? That's like a weekly thing with DH. We go to the hardware store more than the craft stores, lol. I can always find something in there to create with.

I do have butterfly dies. I have quite a few of them. I swear if it's a seahorse or a butterfly I need it. It's an obsession.

Speaking of big box stores having way too much Christmas stuff. Did you all see Michael's Black Friday ad? Most of the ad is clearancing Christmas stuff. I translated that as Michael's wants it out of the store like "NOW!" I bet right after Black Friday all the Christmas stuff will be 75%. I hope so. I can't shop at Michael's around Christmas time. It aggravates my asthma. I am really serious. I don't get sick at Hobby Lobby, just Michael's. My Michael's store isn't that big. My Hobby Lobby store is more spread out so the air flow is better.

Nothing creative today. I am tracking the polar bomb. I love it, from a science point of view. I hope you are all safe and warm, especially our girls up North. Nuri is moving in my area right as I type this. I am about ready to go outside and see what she's up too. I was out earlier all excited because I seen one of the spaceships flying by. I have a really good view of our stars where I live. I get so excited when I see spaceships or the space station. I know I am dork.

Last edited by lylacfey; 11-10-2014 at 11:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2014, 11:27 PM   #102  
Stampin' Fool

I've been finishing my absolute 1st watercolor painting. I didn't do too well, especially the center. I gave up, calling it finished. It is what it is. WOW, I give a lot of credit to all the talented artists, it's a lot harder than it looks!!!:rolleyes: the lighting makes background look dark, it's white.
1st Watercolor Pic Here
Attached Thumbnails
What's everyone doing?-image.jpg  

Last edited by Annecards; 11-11-2014 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: Better Light
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2014, 05:34 AM   #103  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I've been finishing my absolute 1st watercolor painting
WOW, that's your first ever watercolor painting? I'm blown away, its awesome.

Went to two different Michaels stores yesterday and hated the picks n things they had, ICK. I ended up buying some from the dollar store, I liked their selection better, how sad is that. I'm wondering if M's is struggling to recover from having been hacked twice. This is so not the time of year to have empty shelves but they had some shelves that were sparse and even a few that were empty and I'm not talking about just paper crafting area's. Weird!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2014, 08:59 AM   #104  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnecardsView Post
I've been finishing my absolute 1st watercolor painting.
That's fantastic! You obviously have a knack for wc. Keep it up!

I did some backgrounds over the weekend and finished a few cards, but nothing inspiring. Just in a mini-slump. It will pass.

Last edited by Buried Treasures; 11-11-2014 at 09:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2014, 11:10 PM   #105  
Die Cut Diva

Anne- You are being too hard on yourself. I think your piece is stunning. I love everything about it. You are really talented. I just saw some stickers over at JoAnn's web site that reminds me of your painting. I think yours is ten times prettier. I fell in love with those stickers.

Stacy- I am getting the feeling that Michael's is strugging financially too. The Michael's in my town is still doing really well but the selections has really dwindled in the last year or so. I am the girl that use to shop at Michael's every week or several times a week. I know my Michael's. I can tell something is going on.

Dollar Tree has been really great for Christmas selection this year. I think they have nicer things than the craft stores. Big Lots really knocked it out this year. I got a beautiful Christmas tree at Big Lots. None of the other stores are carrying that kind of selection.

DH told me I need to make a crafting Wish List. I don't want to disappoint him or anything so I am working very hard on this wish list. ;) Working on the wish list has helped me with my slump. I am coming up with so many cool ideas. I can't wait to finish it so I can run in my room and start my ideas.

I think I got some ideas for dies that fit my mixed media style. I am excited. I really overcomplicated that thought process, lol.

Stay warm everyone if you are going through a cold spell. Cross fingers for me because we might get some snow this weekend. I want snow. I am a Winter girl.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2014, 04:59 AM   #106  
Mad Swapper

I also noticed there was NO clearance merchandise left in the store and I doubt they "just sold out". I'll bet Big Lots, Tuesday Mornings or similar company is going to have crafty stuff soon....

Okay, lylacfey here it comes for the first time this season.....

I HATE COLD WEATHER!!, brrrrrr
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2014, 10:58 AM   #107  
Insane Embellisher

Anne, your watercolor is gorgeous. You have inspired me to give it more of an honest shot. I dabble in sketching, I wanted to do some watercoloring and like I said, you have totally inspired me. I definitely want to do one for my bedroom. If I do have as good as you did, I'll make some for both of my daughters who both appreciate home made art. I am trying to aim my granddaughter, who is a very good 16 yro artist, into watercolors. She is amazing and I think she would make a great watercolorist.

I agree with everyone in regards to the selections. I have oddly hit dollar tree and big lots and gotten really lucky. Another good place to hit is Tuesday Morning if you have any near you. I live near about 4-5 and I have gotten some fantastic deals and finds. A while back someone told me they had some Graphic45 paper. I didn't find the paper, but I have gotten lucky with their stamps. I have found a lot of Tim Holtz paper. Finding a Tim Holtz 12x12 paper pack for 4.99 is amazing.

In regards to Xmas decor, OMgoodness, we need zero decor in our family. We can actually change out our scheme every year for maybe 5 years without using the same thing. Except Angels. I always put out the angels and the managers.

I gotten this bug back, so I haven't really done much. The virus I had about 3-4 weeks ago has turned into Pneumonia. It is called Community Acquired Pneumonia. I went back to work too quickly and other people came into work sick, which made me really sick. I am wearing a mask the rest of the winter at work. We rotate jobs and desks. Even with having my own headset, desk supplies, and cleaning the desks right before I sit down, it is so easy for me to get sick due to my cancer. I'm wearing a mask the rest of the winter. Sucks being sick.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2014, 11:52 AM   #108  
Stampin' Fool

OMG, I am overwhelmed with all of your encouraging comments on my 1st watercolor painting. Thank you all so much for supporting me, I can't even express in words how grateful and blessed I feel!

Love & Hugs,
Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2014, 12:43 PM   #109  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

I've been finishing my absolute 1st watercolor painting. I didn't do too well, especially the center. I gave up, calling it finished. It is what it is. WOW, I give a lot of credit to all the talented artists, it's a lot harder than it looks!!!:rolleyes: the lighting makes background look dark, it's white.
1st Watercolor Pic Here
Your FIRST????

I just fainted! Amazing!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2014, 12:57 PM   #110  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
Your FIRST????

I just fainted! Amazing!!!

You made my day Lydia, I can't stop laughing. My DH thought I was crying and rushed to find out what was wrong, he's hard of hearing! Thank you so much!

I just had to quote your post with the pic!

Last edited by Annecards; 11-15-2014 at 06:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2014, 11:01 PM   #111  
Die Cut Diva

Anne- Once again you are insanely talented. I am telling you girl you could do a floral illustration book. I am not joking. I know my flowers.

Denverkat- Gentle hugs to you. I am so sorry you are sick.

Tuesday Mornings is a great store. I don't live near mine any more. Last weekend one of my relatives had gone and gave me some things including a beautiful notepad of owls and some gourmet chocolate.

I don't have any Xmas decor either. I should say I have very little. After we lost our child around Christmas a couple years ago I just couldn't any more look at our decor. Too much history. I did keep my box of heirloom ornmanents. I know it will be a long time before I can open it again. I am so maudlin tonight. I am sorry. DH & I got rid of everything. I use to have a show house for Christmas. People would tour it. I took a lot of pride and joy in it. I can't even handle that emotionally now. This year I am doing small and kitschy. Just like me. My DH is really into the new design also.

Dang it that makes me mad about Michael's and clearance. :( Bad Michalel's, lol. I was going to drive up there this weekend. I don't want to go if there is no clearance. That is my favorite part.

No creating today. No gaming today. I am told you I am really maudlin, lol. I hung out at JoAnn's web site and browsing pretty things.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2014, 05:39 AM   #112  
Insane Embellisher

Denverkat, hope you feel better soon.

I did another mixed media painting, but this time on watercolor paper. I'm not particularly happy with it, but I learned some good stuff. 1. There should be more contrast with lights and darks. 2. Focal points should be grouped together rather than spread out over the paper. It's in my gallery if you want to see it. Mixed Media 3.

This weekend I'm going back to the Prima doll tags. I have 2 requests that need to be filled by Thanksgiving.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2014, 11:12 PM   #113  
Die Cut Diva

I love Prima dolls. I am such a huge Julie Nutting fan.

Stacy you were right about Michael's. Did you notice everything is more expensive? I am wondering if things are more expensive or I just never noticed since I always shopped there. I bought a piece of felt a couple weeks ago at Hobby Lobby. I paid $1.19. The same felt was $1.99 at Michael's.

I hope everyone has a creative weekend. I am starting a new collage journal.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2014, 06:36 AM   #114  
Mad Swapper

Understandblue, it's a good thing I was done with my morning coffee when I saw your picture or my computer screen would have been a lovely shade of brown

Denvercat, how are you feeling, so sorry you have relapsed, that stinks - big time! Good news is it's been crummy weather, so who wants to go anywhere anyway.

Buried Treasure, I love the colors on your mixed media piece, it's beautiful. You are right though because the circles are so far apart they don'd come across as a main focal point but part of the background instead. Those will be some amazing card or tags though if you cut it up. You could add to it though to create a main image/focal point.

Lol Lylacfey, I'm on a very tight budget so don't know about higher prices because I can only buy on sale or clearance and I've always thought they were a bit higher than HL anyway. I'm frustrated, I cannot find my roll of jute cording, all I can find is kite string or a roll of really awful rope, think maybe it has wandered off into the shed outside where it will never see day light again. I don't go in there, I'm likely to have things fall over on top of me thus burying me alive. Guess I'll need to buy another roll and hide it this time. Here is a picture of what $2 got me at the dollar tree though. The picks were 2 for a dollar so I got 4 and then cut them apart. What a bargain!:
Attached Thumbnails
What's everyone doing?-2-dollar-picks.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2014, 04:44 PM   #115  
Polyshrink Goddess

I can't believe that is your first watercolor painting! Amazing work!

Quote:

1st Watercolor Pic Here
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2014, 04:53 PM   #116  
Polyshrink Goddess

I finished a mixed media mini canvas, it is always so hard for me to get motivated that it makes me happy to actually finish something. I plan on making a cat one since the Graphic 45 papers are from its raining cats and dogs, so might as well make one for cat lovers too =)

7084DE39-BDCE-4F02-A751-0DB6AE8D9756_zpsetfijxci.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2014, 09:57 PM   #117  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluDragonView Post
I finished a mixed media mini canvas, it is always so hard for me to get motivated that it makes me happy to actually finish something. I plan on making a cat one since the Graphic 45 papers are from its raining cats and dogs, so might as well make one for cat lovers too =)
Sonia, your mixed media canvas is fabulous. You picked the perfect colors, embellishments, and theme. Great job!
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2014, 10:20 PM   #118  
Die Cut Diva

Stacy- I love your Dollar Tree treasures. I always love Dollar Tree stash photos. I saw some garland the other day at WalMart on jute string. It was covered with pretty Winter flowers and foliage that could easily be taken off. There was like two yards of it for only $2.00. I understand about shed messes. I have to organize mine this Spring. It's a mess of flower pots and aquariums. I forgot another place that always has Jute for frugal prices that is Target.

BluDragon I love your piece. I love the paper. I love it when people use their books as a backdrop. I get to look at books. I am being serious. I am such a book nerd I just go ga-ga over book backdrops. I agree a house is not a home without a dog. Did you make your flowers? I love the little dog bone peeking out.

Speaking of books I got a lovely book at the library today called Mixed Media Masterpieces with Jenny & Aaron by Jenny Heid & Aaron Nieradka. I am about ready to curl up and start reading it after I finish posting.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2014, 05:18 AM   #119  
Mad Swapper

Note to self; Do NOT go to Hobby Lobby on a Sat afternoon, especially during holiday shopping season.

Good news is I have some jute cording to finish my banner, the bad news is I just might be traumatized for life:shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2014, 06:00 AM   #120  
Insane Embellisher

Stacy, it's okay to go to HL on a Saturday afternoon if you bring a good book to read while you stand in line. I once read the entire War and Peace. Great score at Dollar Tree!

Sonia, great mm canvas. Was that your first one? If so, you really have a knack!

I finished the two tags I needed to make. The first one of my sister, deserves an explanation. She is a gorgeous girl who makes life look easy. Her favorite activities are reading and watching tv while in her sweats curled up on the couch. With "junk" as her favorite food group, she fools the world with her beautiful face and figure. If she weren't such a loving sister, I would hate her. She jokes that she is like Howard Hughes, who wore tissue boxes on his feet to protect them (that is true, he did).

The other tag was a request from my mother for her hairdresser. I found the charms on eBay.
Attached Thumbnails
What's everyone doing?-marcie-tag.jpg   What's everyone doing?-hairdresser-tag.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes