Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-13-2014, 05:20 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My mixed media mini class

Since we had talked about it here I thought I would update y'all on the class I was asked to do using ColourArte products. The short story is WHAT A DISASTER hahhaha!

I am SO out of practice with papercrafting - Once upon a time I did it every day when I had my store open and was on a bunch of design teams. I could check challenges, overflow with ideas and bring them to life in a matter of mere minutes! Not so much now! It took me 2 full days of trial and error to even begin formulating a PLAN! And that was AFTER I had brainstormed techniques, tools and ideas on paper that I wanted to cover in the class! Then I began filming and I was equally rusty at that - sheesh I used to crank out classes and videos in the blink of an eye. Got through my first video and realized I had lost the cord to my camera, never even got to SEE if I still knew how to edit video! I am still waiting on my new cord to arrive but in the meantime I ended up doing a few step out tutorials I am posting on my blog and theirs. I would love it if y'all would take a peek and see what you think. I have posted 2 so far. I think I will do one more....Here are the links:

Snowflake Tags

Twink Tags
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2014, 05:51 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Marti..I just saw this as the season has ran me ragged ( along with 4 concerts for the kids in 2 weeks ! LOL) ...Funny, Christmas morning is the first morning I have had with not much to do until later HAHA.
Anyway, you tutorials look great and the tags are so awesome! I am sure your classes will be wonderful when you get back in the swing of filming.
I was asked to help with a church function...a crafty thing. I hate to say it..but I am not crafty . at all. Paint? yes. Pencils? yes! Glue and ribbon..NOOOOO!! But we had a great time and some nice laughs and I picked up a mini teaching gig out of it. I guess my stumbling was endearing to someone!
Good luck! and Happy holiday's!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2014, 06:40 PM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Your projects are really cute Marti! Bet they are even prettier in person.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2014, 04:21 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks ladies! They were fun to do but I am still on the fence about actual classes! Ha! I DID just get a box of new goodies to play with - Radiant Gels - a new product by ColourArte. The shimmer of Twinkling H2Os in a gel. Mixed media challenges here I come for the new year! Now that the insanity of the holidays is coming to an end I want some studio time!
Reply With Quote Likes