Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-02-2020, 07:03 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Mississippi McGyver

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default MIX-375 (4-3-20) Plans

Title: Plans
Hostess: MariLynn
Keyword: MIX-375
Gallery: Here

I had plans to go see my mom this month...those plans changed.
My grandbaby turns one in a month... those plans are on hold.
So many of us had plans for this year that didn't include staying home.

Without plans. I have found one day kind of blending into the next. I don't think I am alone in feeling that way. I decided to make some bible journaling cards for a small album and I worked in my bible planner.

I like this bible verse:

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord.
Plans for welfare, not for evil.
To give you a future and a hope.

I did a technique that I am calling faux blueprint.
I have a tutorial for it on my blog.

Basically you:
1 Take blue cardstock or make white cardstock blue.
2. Draw an image with white gel pen, or white paint pen, or white colored pencil. (or alternately you can stamp an image with white ink.)
3. Draw straight lines with the white gel pen around the image. Making little arrows on the ends of the lines.
4. Write words around the image.

My main challenge for you this week is to try my Faux Blueprint or do a mixed media entry in a planner or calendar that you have.

My second but maybe even more important challenge I have for you is to be transparent about how you are feeling. It is by sharing our feelings that we will get through this difficult time. I think the more we can be transparent and honest with eachother, we will realize that we aren't the only ones feeling that way. So in the comments of this thread. Share how you are doing, what you are feeling, what is helping you get through... just share.

So that we can find your mixed media project make sure you add the keyword : MIX375 so it will show up in the correct gallery.
Attached Thumbnails
MIX-375 (4-3-20) Plans-91207266_213224440001976_4819234257102700544_n.jpg   MIX-375 (4-3-20) Plans-91513577_2515516555364802_6681536251356512256_n.jpg   MIX-375 (4-3-20) Plans-91276591_640737286725029_899203123413778432_n.jpg   MIX-375 (4-3-20) Plans-91801009_2309214542718219_9011072421888786432_n.jpg   MIX-375 (4-3-20) Plans-90960220_210813273670893_1957517600980205568_n-3-.jpg  

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2020, 08:53 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love this challenge and hope to play along tomorrow. I am feeling relieved that my son tested negative!!!! I am also extra resolved to continue our isolation as much as possible because I really don't want to go through that again. My son went back to work though so there's another thing outside my control. My daughter who is a high school senior is sad after our governor announced that the remainder of the year will continue to be done as e-learning....no prom....no graduation etc. There are of course much worse things happening, but it rocked her world and thus mine. Love and prayers to all my splitcoast friends! So glad for this site and the rhythm of the daily challenges in the middle of mixed up days! I am also thankful for the technology to "see" my loved ones and continue some of my work in the Recovery community while maintaining social distance. I'm in a Scripture writing group on FB that us helping reenter my thoughts in the morning and a Scripture reading group that I participate in as I head to bed. Faith, family friends...that's what is getting me through (and food of course....donut therapy for the sad senior today)

Last edited by mamaxsix; 04-02-2020 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: Added how I am getting through
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2020, 04:27 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Mississippi McGyver

Gail, I am so glad that he tested negative. Definitely an answered prayer. I will continue to pray for him as he still has to go out for work. Donut therapy is good. Maybe she can find ways to find joy even though she has experienced loss. Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2020, 08:27 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 711 Likes on 545 Posts

Big fun with this challenge Marilynn thank you for this great moment, moments we need to evade from fear, I've got my DH at home and we aren't sure if he'll have a job after the lock down...how do we feel, together it's not too bad and I must admit it doesn't change a lot for me because I'm always at home, but it's different to have my husband at home since 3 weeks and it isn't finished yet, we must stay home!!I hope, I believe, I trust, and I love you all!!

MIX375 Love by snietje - at Splitcoaststampers

MIX375 Big Bloom by snietje - at Splitcoaststampers

We do what we can with what we've got !!

Come to the TEA-party every Tuesday
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2020, 09:09 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Staying busy in work, though it feels odd there as there are so many H&S protocols in place and so few staff compared to normal. It adds structure to the week - for as long as it lasts. We will probably move to home-working at some stage later this month. I think that the fact that everyone is in the same unreality helps. It's harder to go through things on your own, but when everyone is in the same boat and all (mostly) rowing together, I think that makes it easier. But I have a horribly long list of vulnerable/at risk friends (including here) and family on my prayer-list. DH and I are playing together more (flute and guitar) which is a plus, but I don't know when I'll be able to get my sewing-machine serviced, just when I have a bit more time for sewing.

I've always liked the TH blueprint stamps, so I really enjoyed this challenge.

MIX375 Beat the Blues
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2020, 09:26 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Mississippi McGyver

Thanks Anita for sharing. I will add your husband to my prayer list. I to am used to being at home and it has been strange the days that my husband has stayed home. He is a truck driver hauling fuel, but because people aren't traveling, there are less loads for him to do. Which in some ways is good because then he "safe" at home, but a huge hit to our income.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2020, 09:29 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Mississippi McGyver

Thanks for sharing Sabrina. My prayer list I usually can keep in my head, but lately I have had to write it down in my journal because it grows every day with concerns. So thankful that we can give those concerns to God who is in control. How neat that you and DH are playing your flute and guitar more. I have noticed that people are taking time to make music and be creative. So there are blessings during this time. Families doing things together that they were too busy to do before. Last night my daughter and her husband had a game night with their kids.
I think you are so right when you say we are all in this together. We aren't alone even if we are isolated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2020, 01:09 PM   #8  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts
Thumbs up

I adore this challenge .... and admit to being challenged for sure. But it's o my mind to come up with something & play along.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2020, 08:52 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I am so glad for you and your family that your husband had a negative result. you must have been terrified. I have friends and family that are struggling and it's so hard to watch. i myself am fine as we are retired and live in the country in a area that is not heavily populated. that said, i'm still very cautious. i loved this challenge. my card reflects my desire for spring - i have really had enough of winter! we are in early spring but the snow is not as of yet gone. i am by nature a hopeful person so that is what i have included in my challenge. thx and please, take care. everyone.

hope springs eternal by rokale - at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2020, 01:14 PM   #10  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts

Hoping the prayers are working for all who are battling the virus.

In lieu of white pigment ink, I had to go with acrylic paint for this blueprint style message:
No Stamps, No Inks
Reply With Quote Likes