Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-05-2019, 03:29 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts
Default Let's Get Serious MIX358 (12-6-19)

Title: Let's Get Serious!
Hostess: Ky (Scrapacat)
Keyword: MIX358

The holiday season is upon us! I see all the rushing, shopping, wrapping, waiting in lines, shipping, hiding, hurried-ness about to inundate our lives. We're rushing to get cards made, addressed, and in the mail. And in all of this plethora of activity, one thing may get lost, drowned out by the noise, lights, and shuffle.

Something special about someone special.

So slow it down. Take a few minutes to pick a certain someone. Someone you know needs to feel remembered, treasured, included. Take some time to pick a stamp and a sentiment that will only fit that special person. And don't restrict yourself to romantic interests and close family - there's someone out there that needs a little special reminder of genuine love, respect, visibility. Make something special as unique as that someone special. Make it count.

Remember to use two or more mediums on your card. See a list of suggested materials here. You can make anything you want that this challenge inspires you to create. Some thoughts: an art journal about a moment with this person; an ornament to commemorate a birth, milestone, or anniversary; a card with a heartfelt letter within. Open yourself up to the process!

Make sure to put MIX358 in the keyword section.

See the MIX358 gallery here.

For my example, I made this art journal page homage to my mother who had a way with sage advice. I think of her often, I miss her dearly. She gave me her sharp wit, her attention to detail, and encouragement to be my unique, different, self. I miss her, so this is me saying "Thanks for the lessons, Mom." I can still hear this spoken in her voice. An artist in her own right, she had a passion for active, bold colors that I seem to have inherited. This one's for you, Mom!

Attached Thumbnails
Let's Get Serious MIX358 (12-6-19)-78344314_579005966185789_5845770860056543232_n.jpg  
I Blog at The BunnyNest

Last edited by Scrapacat; 12-05-2019 at 07:41 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2019, 10:04 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

Thanks for the challenge, Ky, an early post is always appreciated. I'll be pondering it this morning as the framing of the challenge is kinda out of my comfort zone, I tend to express myself in actions rather than words. But maybe it will help me with a Christmas card for a neighbour who lost his wife to cancer earlier this year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2019, 04:27 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts

I have a friend who is single and her only child rarely reaches out to her. She is Christian and this sentiment is perfect for her so I can remind her that Jesus is the reason for the season and I will include a very personal note that she has many wonderful friends that still care about her even if her son does not communicate with her often. Here is her card:

MIX358 Jesus is the Reason by Shoe Girl - at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2019, 04:41 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 722 Likes on 549 Posts

This challenge made me think about someone very special to me, I hope she'll appreciate this card.

MIX358 Remember when we were young by snietje - at Splitcoaststampers

We do what we can with what we've got !!

Come to the TEA-party every Tuesday
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2019, 07:39 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,751 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Here's mine, for a friend who has had a horrid year:

A Very Dark Night by jkanack - at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2019, 05:14 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

I might yet get that Christmas card made, but I made this thinking about our elder/pastor, in hospital for the last week. I might even give it to him, his birthday is in a couple of weeks, but he's never been much of a birthday person...He has been a great shepherd to me over the years- the only bright spot on my 40th birthday, which was a totally depressing one in every other way. I still am grateful for his kindness that day.

MIX358 My Shepherd
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2022, 11:58 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 455 Likes on 202 Posts

I am playing my "Challenge Catch-up" cardmaking.

My person is a 13 years long-time friend and co-worker who has not had a birthday card from me during all of Covid! Our dinner get-togethers have been cancelled as well. We worked in an elementary school for 13 years, and one of the things we treasured was welcoming the new kindergarteners each year with their smiling faces and cute antics! I though she would like a special birthday card in the shape of a kindergarten art/ chalkboard easel usually found in kindergarten classrooms! Mediums: dye-based stamping ink, pigment ink (ink-edge distressing), solvent-based ink (Staz-On).

Her card: You Can NEVER Have Too Much Happy!
Carlene aka Chatterbox-1--My BLOG; My Pinterest; My SCS Gallery; FAVORITES Team Member; 2022 Christmas Card Challenge 75/105. My SCS Goal: Challenge Catch-up; Sketch Challenge Sample Card Team (August 2022--January 2023).
Reply With Quote Likes