Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #1  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow WINNER: Once Upon a Time...A ScrapBox Picture Story

Once upon a time there once was a stamping Queen named LaLatty. Then one day she met the best King in all the land.

Photobucket

Soon they were married and they were a very happy couple.

Photobucket

Last edited by LaLatty; 10-08-2009 at 08:17 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 08:28 PM   #2  

They purchased a home together and later had two more children. But there was a problem, you see Queen LaLatty liked to stamp. She had a whole room dedicated to stamping. There are totes full of stamps and a closet filled with scrapping supplies. She needs to move her stamp sets and accessories because Princess needs her own room!

Photobucket

That would be a great idea Princess, but Mama needs this bedroom for you. See right now you are sleeping with Mama and Daddy and pretty soon you will need to have your own bedroom, you are getting bigger now.

Then Little Prince had an idea. He was trying to help Mommy and he was willing to share his toy box with Mommy.

Photobucket

Queen LaLatty replied, “Thank you Little Prince, but that isn’t enough room for all my supplies and besides where would you put all of your toys?” She sighed and started looking for another place to store her stuff.

Last edited by LaLatty; 10-19-2009 at 09:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 08:31 PM   #3  

Princess kept trying to help Mama find a solution to her problem.

Photobucket

Queen LaLatty replied, “Thank you Princess, but if I put my supplies in there, where would I put you when you needed to be in your play pen and when mama has to get some work done?” “There isn’t much room in our castle so your play pen has to stay in the kitchen, and my stamps can’t stay in the kitchen.” Queen LaLatty was determined to find a place to organize and store her supplies, but Princess had one more storage idea for Mama.

Photobucket

“Well, Princess again, that’s a great idea,” said Queen LaLatty. ”I can only imagine how much stuff I could fit in your crib, but where would you sleep at night and where would you take your naps if Mama puts all of her stuff in here?”

Last edited by LaLatty; 10-09-2009 at 07:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 08:33 PM   #4  

Finally, the elder Princess Child came up with an idea of her own. She said, “Mom, I have an idea!”

Photobucket

Queen LaLatty exclaimed, “Well elder Princess Child, that’s a great idea and I know that you have a big closet, except where would you stack all of your MESS!!!?” Teenagers can be so messy, so Queen LaLatty was still searching to find a place where she could store her stamping supplies.

Why even the Royal Pet dog had an idea. She said “Woof, Arf, Woof!”

Photobucket

Queen LaLatty said, “I can see that you have some room in there, but that’s not a good idea either. Where would you sleep at night? And where would you go when we are not home? Besides you love your kennel!”

Last edited by LaLatty; 10-19-2009 at 09:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #5  

Just then the Princess asked Mama one final question.

Photobucket

Queen LaLatty said, “Well, that’s funny you should ask that Princess. While Mama was on her computer last week, I found the answer to that question! My favorite web site Splitcoast Stampers and The Original ScrapBox are having a contest and they are giving away a Scrapbox! Princess, do you want to see what a Scrapbox looks like?”

Photobucket

“Now only if I had that Scrapbox. That would be the solution to my problem”.

Last edited by LaLatty; 10-06-2009 at 08:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #6  

Oh, I could put it in the corner downstairs to store my stamping supplies, and then you Princess can use my current craft room as your bedroom. Now only if I had an idea to win that contest.”, Queen LaLatty thought.

Photobucket

“You are so right princess!” said Queen LaLatty. “I do need a Scrapbox and I have just the perfect spot for it. Now you be sure to wish Mama luck, because I’m going to tell this story to all of my splitcoast friends in hopes that I might be the lucky winner! How fantastic would that be? (And then you won’t have to hear Mama and Daddy snore anymore!) Princess, do you want to see where Mama is going to put my Scrapbox?” Right here:

Photobucket

…. TO BE CONTINUED….. (if I win!)

ETA- that I have a few more pictures posted in post#'s 21, 33, 34, 47, 147, and 148

Last edited by LaLatty; 10-16-2009 at 03:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #7  

I'd like to thank The Original ScrapBox and Splitcoast for giving me the opportunity to win a ScrapBox. What a fantastic prize!!!

As you can see, the baby still sleeps in our bedroom. Pretty soon I will have to change my craft room into a bedroom for her. I'm not quite sure where I'm going to go with all of my stuff, but winning a scrapbox would be the perfect answer to my storage, organization, and stamping space problem.

The thought has crossed my mind that I might have to give up my stamping hobby, but it would really kill me to sell my stuff and I truly enjoy my stamping.

It took me a few days to write my story and edit my pictures, so I hope you all like it! Thanks for looking and feel free to post a message for me

Last edited by LaLatty; 10-07-2009 at 09:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #8  
One TOT Mom

This is really cute and your kids are adorable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 09:48 PM   #9  

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaMayView Post
This is really cute and your kids are adorable!
Thank you so much for your lovely compliment! I'm glad you liked it. It took me awhile to take all of these pictures....LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 10:08 PM   #10  
Compulsive Stamper

Default awwwww

I very much enjoyed your fairytale story!
Hope it comes true for you!
I have 2 young kids so i know how they like to get into everything!

Your kids are very adorable! Good luck! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #11  

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetpzView Post
I very much enjoyed your fairytale story!
Hope it comes true for you!
I have 2 young kids so i know how they like to get into everything!

Your kids are very adorable! Good luck! :-D
Thank you! I'm glad you liked my story You are so right, my baby is into everything now that she can crawl. She plays a lot in the bin that she's sitting next to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 10:48 PM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Queen LaLatty,

I beseech you not to even think of giving up your stamping!! What would your subjects do without your delightful gallery of CAS cards to give them hope and direction and ideas to CASE?! I, for one, would go mad! Put the idea completely out of your royal head. Prithee, keep good thoughts and perhaps your wish will come true and there will be order and storage in the castle once more. And you will live happily ever after.

Your faithful subject,
Lady MakCards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 11:16 PM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

Thy Prince in thy toybox, whilst that be thee favorite pic, thy woeful tale of giving up thy stameth roometh giveth thee strong emotions that thy will once again commandeth thy kingdom from thou new stamping {stampbox} location. Long live thee Queen...

seriously,that hurt my brain, I won't be invited back to the Ren Fest any time soon-lol cleaver story, funny pictures. Good luck, Patty!!!!

{there are no mistakes in rubber stamping; only embellishment opportunities}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 06:05 AM   #14  

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakCardsView Post
Queen LaLatty,

I beseech you not to even think of giving up your stamping!! What would your subjects do without your delightful gallery of CAS cards to give them hope and direction and ideas to CASE?! I, for one, would go mad! Put the idea completely out of your royal head. Prithee, keep good thoughts and perhaps your wish will come true and there will be order and storage in the castle once more. And you will live happily ever after.

Your faithful subject,
Lady MakCards
Oh, my goodness! I am speechless! I am so flattered that you like my gallery and I thank you so much for your wonderful compliment! As you can see from my pictures above I really don't have a lot of room in my castle. Even my craft room is tiny, but baby princess needs it for her room now. And the King and Queen need their own space ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 06:10 AM   #15  

Quote:

Originally Posted by paisley_frogsView Post
Thy Prince in thy toybox, whilst that be thee favorite pic, thy woeful tale of giving up thy stameth roometh giveth thee strong emotions that thy will once again commandeth thy kingdom from thou new stamping {stampbox} location. Long live thee Queen...

seriously,that hurt my brain, I won't be invited back to the Ren Fest any time soon-lol cleaver story, funny pictures. Good luck, Patty!!!!
I was so totally laughing at my computer when I read your post!!! The Prince in the toy box sure is a handful, but he had a great time unloading all of those toys and hopping in the box...LOL

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have a new place to stamp and the stameth roometh can be handed down to the royal Princess!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 08:56 AM   #16  
Glitter Queen

I hope you can win the ScrapBox. Yes, I'd like to have one myself, but I have a small scrap area and you won't have any once your DD moves into her room. We're losing too many scrap/stamp people as it is because of the economy and it would be a shame for someone as dedicated to the craft to be lost due to having no where to put your supplies. You have my vote as someone deserving a ScrapBox! Besides, I've seen one up close and they are WONDERFUL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 09:25 AM   #17  
Crimping Master

Very cute!!! I loved your originality! I am in the cold, dark, smelly, scary and spider ridden basement! I need this Scrapbox to put upstairs so that I can monitor my children and be with my family. I have two very sick girls. One has chronic aspiration (Liquids go into her lungs) and the other is menatlly ill. I need to be upstairs to keep my papercrafting alive. It is the only stress relief I have and believe me the challenges of a mentally ill child take a toll. I need it too!!

Good Luck!!!
Carrie
Check Out My Gallary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 09:40 AM   #18  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icecat62View Post
I hope you can win the ScrapBox. Yes, I'd like to have one myself, but I have a small scrap area and you won't have any once your DD moves into her room. We're losing too many scrap/stamp people as it is because of the economy and it would be a shame for someone as dedicated to the craft to be lost due to having no where to put your supplies. You have my vote as someone deserving a ScrapBox! Besides, I've seen one up close and they are WONDERFUL!
You are so right! We are losing so many crafters due to the economy. I've been stamping for just over 4 years and it's taken me that long to acquire the things I have. I'm hoping that I might be the lucky winner because the baby really needs her own room and I didn't want to put her in the same room with her brother (and his room is pretty small as well).

Thank you so much for posting on my thread
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 09:43 AM   #19  

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmccoyView Post
Very cute!!! I loved your originality! I am in the cold, dark, smelly, scary and spider ridden basement! I need this Scrapbox to put upstairs so that I can monitor my children and be with my family. I have two very sick girls. One has chronic aspiration (Liquids go into her lungs) and the other is menatlly ill. I need to be upstairs to keep my papercrafting alive. It is the only stress relief I have and believe me the challenges of a mentally ill child take a toll. I need it too!!

Good Luck!!!
Carrie
Hi Carrie, I'm so very sorry to hear that you have a sick child and another one who is mentally ill. I'm sure that must take a toll on you and I totally understand how that can be challenging, you need to take some time for yourself and stamping is probably great therapy for that. The best of luck to you and thanks for stopping by!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #20  

I need a Scrapbox, bump ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #21  

Photobucket

Well, Princess I think Mama is doing pretty good. I received some comments on my thread and I'm pretty sure that those who are reading can see just how much we need a new scrapbox. I'm trying really hard to get you into your very own bedroom! I can't wait to fix up your new bedroom for you! I think I'll paint your room purple.

Last edited by LaLatty; 10-07-2009 at 07:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 08:42 PM   #22  

Bumpin to the top, Princess girl ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 08:58 PM   #23  
Watercolor Wizard

I think you need to win.... Good luck Patty.. Nice story, with a truthful twist! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Fun Story lov ethe pictures....Good Luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 02:27 AM   #25  
Gabfest Goddess

hello Patty LaLatty...wishing you luck...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 02:55 AM   #26  
Cardstock Collector

LOL. I see what you mean. I wish you luck too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 03:12 AM   #27  
Gallery Gazer

Cute story! Loved your pics.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 10:13 AM   #28  

Thank you you so much, ladies for stopping by! I hope I am the lucky winner ;)It would be so amazing to be able to stamp and then clean up and fold it all away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 10:44 AM   #29  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cute fairy tale! Your kids are darling! Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 11:40 AM   #30  

Hi Kathleen! Thanks for reading my story, so glad you liked it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 02:04 PM   #31  
B&D
Glitter Guru

Patty-so very funny-you did a great job-how did you get the kids to cooperate? Bribery! Well it won't work here-LOL. Looks like you need the BOX! Good luck!
Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 06:21 PM   #32  

Quote:

Originally Posted by B&DView Post
Patty-so very funny-you did a great job-how did you get the kids to cooperate? Bribery! Well it won't work here-LOL. Looks like you need the BOX! Good luck!
Debbie
Hi Debbie! Thanks for checking out my story. Nah...didn't have to bride the kids, they were happy to help me, it was a family effort! Now the dog on the other hand; we had to hold treats in front of her....LOL

I soooooo need a scrapbox; even with all of the entries I'm still hoping that I might have a chance at winning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #33  

Photobucket

I'm very sorry Royal Pet dog, but the scrapbox belongs to mom and there's not enough room to put your toys inside; it's only for mom's toys. All hands and paws are off limits!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #34  

Photobucket

Oh my darling Prince, you are one smart little boy. The scrapbox is a real hot item for sure, but the only way to put out this fire is for the judges to pick mommy as a finalist ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 08:45 PM   #35  
Insane Embellisher

Wink

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLattyView Post
Photobucket

I'm very sorry Royal Pet dog, but the scrapbox belongs to mom and there's not enough room to put your toys inside; it's only for mom's toys. All hands and paws are off limits!
Muffin saw all Royal Pet Dog's toys and now she thinks she needs more toys. LOL. Good luck. Your pics and captions take the cake!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 08:48 PM   #36  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffin's MamaView Post
Muffin saw all Royal Pet Dog's toys and now she thinks she needs more toys. LOL. Good luck. Your pics and captions take the cake!
Oh my goodness, Muffin sure is a cutie! Tell her I think the Royal Pet Dog has some toys that she can spare....LOL

Thanks for stopping by!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 04:08 AM   #37  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.

AWESOME! I love your pics and your story! This would make great scrapbook pages!

Never give up, just practice, stay positive and have fun!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 04:15 AM   #38  
Gabfest Goddess

Great story and I love all the pictures with the kids and the dog.
Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:12-13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 04:20 AM   #39  
Embossing Fanatic

I LOVE this!! YOu did an awesome job! Your kids are adorable! Best of luck to you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 07:03 AM   #40  

Quote:

Originally Posted by mollymoo951View Post
AWESOME! I love your pics and your story! This would make great scrapbook pages!
Oh, scrapbook pages, what a great idea! Now, why didn't I think of that!!! Thanks for stoping by!
Reply With Quote Likes