Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-03-2012, 05:55 AM   #41  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update: I abandoned my accordion folders and just threw all of my clear sets into a men's shoe box from the Container Store (bigger than a regular shoe box). This is working much better for me, so I'll probably refrain from buying a bunch of Tim Holtz holders until I overflow this box (currently it's about half full).

My Pinterest Boards
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have fallen in love with these binders....too bad they are discontinued!!!

We R Memory Keepers Half Pint Album and Sheet Protector Sets ~ 54% off! ~ $16.99 ~ ScrapbookSteals.com�

The set came with refills....perfect for using half sheets of binder panels or thick acetate.

For the $1 clear stamps, I used baseball card holders (9 slots per page) and a regular binder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdjkssssView Post
I think most of us have been where you are! I remember the first time I heard of people unmounting their wood-mount stamps - I thought they were nuts. No way would I ever do that. Well, eventually I did unmount everything. Then I remember hearing of people splitting up their sets and organizing by category. Gasp! No way could I split up the sets. Such horrible sacrilege. And yet, I'm in the process of doing just that. And my stamps are so much easier to find now. Choosing just the right stamp for a card I'm making takes almost no time at all.

Here's a couple of links to my new storage method:
Starting the process
Progress update

Chris, thank you so much for sharing your system. Your instructions are very easy to follow and the photos are the best! I've been thinking of splitting up my sets for quite some time, but the task seemed so overwhelming. Thanks to you, I think I can do it! LOL I love to organize and look forward to the day I can see all of my flowers together as a group instead of wasting time searching for them in several different places. I really admire your courage. You did a fantastic job. Thanks for giving us hope that it really can be done.
Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #44  
Polyshrink Goddess

Question

Hope I'm not hijacking....

Where have you bought your acetate from? I went to Michael's tonight, and there is none in stock in the city, and no plans to get more.

I went over to Staples after that, and the only thing we could find were transparency sheets for printers - I don't think it is thick enough for me to slide into page protectors easily.

Anyone have an online source that will ship to Canada?

ps - I just sorted all of my thin dies onto magnetic sheets that I bought at the dollar store, cut down to fit in the page protectors for the 8.5 x 5.5 Martha Stewart binders that are at Staples. Love it! Now I want my clear stamps in matching binders...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #45  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by SydViciousView Post
I use the Tim Holtz unmounted stamp pockets. They are ment to go into the binder, but I got a bunch of the refills and put them in a pretty basket. They are nice and thick, they hold that stamp sets in place nicely and I can easily flip through them to find what I need. I have tried a few other options in the past and this is by far the bast for me.
I love those pockets too but refuse to by the expensive Tim's binder.. I would like to find some cheaper binders...any suggestions? I bought a small binder at Staples but it is a bit too small..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #46  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjlee717View Post

We R Memory Keepers Half Pint Album and Sheet Protector Sets ~ 54% off! ~ $16.99 ~ ScrapbookSteals.com�

The set came with refills....perfect for using half sheets of binder panels or thick acetate.

For the $1 clear stamps, I used baseball card holders (9 slots per page) and a regular binder.
Not sure if anyone is interested, but I found 5.5" x 8.5" page protectors at Office Max by In Place. A pack of 25 for around $4 or so.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #47  
Die Cut Diva

Thumbs up

As of today.. mine are all in binders..one big one and the rest in little binders... in Martha pockets.. yeah!.. so good to get all my unmounted stamps organized! done done and done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #48  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 801 Likes on 326 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by smcdonoughView Post
Not sure if anyone is interested, but I found 5.5" x 8.5" page protectors at Office Max by In Place. A pack of 25 for around $4 or so.
They are not too flimsy to keep stamps in?

I looked online and I only see 8 1/2 by 11 size
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 03:05 AM   #49  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjlee717View Post

If you have a Staples nearby, Martha Stewart has a new line out. There are binders in that size with protectors (and other stuff) to go with them. On my blog I posted about how I store my dies, you can see it there: Mad Sky Designs: Organizing my Dies, Embossing folders, Impression Plates and more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #50  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdjkssssView Post
I think most of us have been where you are! I remember the first time I heard of people unmounting their wood-mount stamps - I thought they were nuts. No way would I ever do that. Well, eventually I did unmount everything. Then I remember hearing of people splitting up their sets and organizing by category. Gasp! No way could I split up the sets. Such horrible sacrilege. And yet, I'm in the process of doing just that. And my stamps are so much easier to find now. Choosing just the right stamp for a card I'm making takes almost no time at all.

Here's a couple of links to my new storage method:
Starting the process
Progress update
I hear you Chris! I unmounted for space...to buy more stamps of course! I have a great organization system for the cabinet that everything I have is in, but I'm getting over the sacrilege of splitting up my sets. Pretty soon I'm sure I'll do that too. Just not completely there yet.

Since my cabinet has my storage in 9x11.5 drawers, the Tim Holtz pouches, much as they are a PERFECT idea, won't work for me. I'm leaning to using the EZmount mini pages, so I see a bunch of those in my future.

So, I just have to ask you some details...
...I see from your blog pics that you don't seem to sort florals (for example) down into types, like two step, solids, outlines, etc. I have mine sorted that way right now, and like it because I can see different sets that work well together. Is that an issue??
...I see that you keep your leaves and stems for a particular floral with the flowers they go with. What do you do with the butterfly? Or the watering can? (for example)
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #51  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc magnoliaView Post

I didn't see them online either, but I was determined to find something that would work, so I went in the store and just started looking.

I actually have tried one out and it seems to be working well. I had been thinking about what to stick my stamps to and came up with glossy photo paper. I put the stamps on it last week, then went on vacation. I just tried them today and they came off just fine. I think once I get the cardstock in there too they will work out really well.
I imagine the Tim Holtz folders would be studier, but for the price I am sticking with these.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2012, 07:23 AM   #52  
Rubber Obsessor

I tried several different ways to store my cling stamps before this system that I have now. I bought a bunch of white 3-ring binders and heavy acetate 8.5x11 sheets. I seperated all my stamps by catagory like animals, bugs, birthday, baby etc. I made tabed sheets out of cardstock and just put them in this way. The acetate holds the stamps well and I have not had any stamps fall out. I love how easy it is for me to find stamps now. I hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2012, 02:17 AM   #53  
Crimping Master

My system seems to work well, so I will share it with you. A few years ago I invested in an A5 laminator and a bit later an A3 laminator. They were not expensive and the laminating pouches are not expensive either. I unmounted all my rubber stamps and collected up all my acrylic stamps before I lost them. I use acrylic blocks with Tack'n'peel, so just one at a time I stamped out each stamp onto cheapy office black ink onto printer paper that is about $3 per ream. I then cut a square or rectangle around each of the images. Once I had enough to fill an A3 sheet I would laminate it through the laminator. Then I would cut around the paper image by about 1/4 inch.

The acrylic stamps cling to the laminate really well, and for the rubber stamps, I applied a little repositionable tape to the back and stuck them to the laminate. Each laminate then gets put into a pocket on a sheet that is normally used for trading cards. I also have sheets that have six pockets to a page and one that has four.

Some of my larger sets that were on an acetate sheet already are put into A5 pockets that have a zip like closure across the top. I used some sticky back plastic (like Contac) and folded it in half and punched two holes for the rings of the folders.

All of these are stored in two ring folders. (Lever arch)

I also use a tab system with each of the themes (animals, art, vintage, oriental, sentiments etc) and they are stored this way. I have three folders.

As I buy new stamps, I use the A5 laminator and put them straight away.

I use the laminators for other things and my grandsons use them for school things so they have been a real investment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc magnoliaView Post

I love the ones by We R Memory Keepers because they are thick protectors... very sturdy.
Reply With Quote Likes