Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Anyone else using elfa from the Container Store?

I am thinking about replacing my very inadequate desk with an Elfa desk - basically elfa drawer units on the sides and their elfa laminate top --- or I have a very nice file cabinet I could probably use on one side. Any suggestions??????????????? I don't currently use a file cabinet in my craft room but suppose I could easily find stuff to put in it.

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #2  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I love my elfa system.

We have moved a few times and have had to leave parts/pieces. Rubbermaid
makes something similar to the system of Elfa.
I liked what the people at the container store did. They helped me design a whole system based on the space I had. It was pricey, but I thought it was worth it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My craft table is really ugly, but it's oh so sturdy!

The top is a plain solid wood door that never had a doorknob hole cut into it. By the time I got it, it had some water stain and rough edges. I just covered it with contact paper. (It is badly in need of recovering!) The supports are two 2-drawer file cabinets that I've had forever. Together, they are perfect desk height and I even have enough room underneath for three cheapie Iris-style rolling carts with removable drawers.

One file cabinet is stuffed full of photos--my originals that I desperately need to get scanned since I've long lost the negatives. The other cabinet is for basic office type stuff: taxes, warranties, auto and household receipts, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I have an Elfa desk and I love it! I have one with just the white top and then on the one side 4 drawers. It is really sturdy and I love having the drawer right there to put some stuff in ( I have my Copics, Punches, Ink Pads and a Misc drawer). The drawers make it easier to keep the desk top clean and give me more room to work, while everything still being right there. I am thinking about getting another one without the drawers to give myself space to keep my cutter and Cuttlebug out on my desk at all times. Right now those are on a shelf next to me desk.

Wishlist
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

I have three Elfa drawer units with laminate tops and I absolutely love them! They have been the most durable storage drawers and I love that you can mix up the different drawers to get the right depths that you need. With the exception of built-ins, these are the best storage drawers I've purchased. Plus, this month they're on sale! My mom is planning on buying them this year too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

I had an elfa desk for years, it had the file cabinet on one side and just legs on the other. It was so sturdy- it survived many moves. Still have the filing cabinet in the garage. They are good quality. (or they used to be)

MY BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 05:10 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Love, Love, Love Elfa

I should work at the Container Store so I could get a discount!

Love all things Elfa. I have several of the drawer units with laminate tops in my craft room. Also have re-vamped three closets with it!

I wish I had investigated designs with the Elfa team prior to making other purchases. Oh well.....maybe if I have to move!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

I designed my whole stamp room with elfa shelving!
I have:
-1 wall full of shelves
-a free standing elfa that has the small (5" or 6" ? depth) shelves on top and the desktop set at 34" high with shelving below
-a set of drawers with a top that is 40-something inches high (?)
-and more shelving in a corner.

I love it all except I am a very spread-out-everything kind of stamper and so quickly filled up all horizontal space since I didn't really have a DESKTOP type surface. Then....I discovered....IKEA
Kept all the elfa and added an IKEA "hacked" table--their biggest tabletop supported by two 4 cube Expedit bookcases with 6" legs attached to bring up the height. LOL

I then added an 8 cube Expedit with desk extension (also has the 6" legs attached to bring up to height!) I need to post pics...I might have added them to my gallery last year ? LOL!! IF I haven't I'll update my blog tonight with my stamp room so you can see!)

But....to answer your questions....LOVE the elfa! I love how open it is and that I can SEE everything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

I looked into the Elfa, but opted for two 2 drawer filing cabinets and a remnant counter top($20.00 for 6 feet!!) on the cabinets. The counter top is sooo much more sturdy than the elfa and it cleans up like a dream!!! I was afraid that eventually the Elfa would bow downwards. The filing cabinets have worked out great for me. I have hanging folders with 8.5 x 11 card stock in one, another has hanging folders with stickers by category, another with glues, tape runners, pop dots, etc, and the last one with cuttlebug and accessories in it.

Tiffy
Reply With Quote Likes