Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-02-2020, 11:18 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts
Default September 2020 - IFH20Sep

Here is your September inspiration!
Fall is a season for balancing light and dark, letting go, and accepting the impermanence of things. The autumn equinox marks the arrival of the season of fall, traditionally seen as a period of changes leading to the dark of winter.

Here are 3 thoughts to ponder in preparation for making some layouts, no matter what season the photos you will scrap.

1. Balancing Darkness with Light
On the autumn equinox, day and night are of equal length. This signals the need to balance light and darkness within us. Far too often, we fear the dark and adore only the light.
Befriend our inner darkness: Allow the darkness to become less of an enemy and more of a place of silent nurturance, where the slow, steady gestation needed for our soul's growth can occur. Not only is light a welcomed part of life, but also develops a greater understanding of how much we need to befriend our inner darkness.

2. Letting Go
As we watch leaves fluttering to the ground in the fall, we are reminded that nature's cycles are mirrored in our lives. Autumn is a time for letting go and releasing things that have been a burden.
Let this be a time to "get out of the way" and become who we are meant to be. Whether we are a writer, a painter, or a scrapbooker, we need to get out of the way of the flow of the work and let it become. Holding on to what we have always done before limits our creative flow of the artful process. Be generous with horded supplies, give something new a try, feel the expression of the freedom of generosity.

3. Acknowledging Impermanence
We cherish the beauty of a sunrise, of a New England colorful autumn, of a relationship, of a child's hug, precisely because those things will not be around forever to enjoy. Live every day to the fullest. Document those memories. Celebrate every moment of the day.

Challenge yourself to think about these concepts and apply them to making a scrapbook page, or two, this month. These photos I found on the Internet are suggestions for what you might care to add, in any part, to your layout.
Attached Thumbnails
September 2020 - IFH20Sep-sept-1.jpg   September 2020 - IFH20Sep-sept-3.jpg   September 2020 - IFH20Sep-sept-4.jpg   September 2020 - IFH20Sep-sept-2.jpg   September 2020 - IFH20Sep-sept-5.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2020, 12:58 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wonderful inspiration AnniePanda, interesting use of your balancing darkness with light prompts. I can see so many directions in my head right now. I would consider myself more of a mixed media artist then a scrapbooker, but I do add in photos in my art. Makes me want to make a art journal page.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2020, 10:06 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,301 Likes on 936 Posts

Joyce Ann were you in my head last night LOL?  I was thinking about dark/light and letting go of some things and doing the things I love the most.  Amazing.  Great inspiration...thank you
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2020, 06:14 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Thanks for your comments, Kristy and Jayne! I'm excited to see what you come up with.
Reply With Quote Likes