Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-31-2019, 06:27 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts
Default November 2019 - IFH19Nov

If you are looking for some inspiration to get a scrapbook layout started, you are in the right place.

Welcome!

To find inspiration for your precious photos I have found that you need a plan involving at least these 3 elements. The order and style in which you choose these elements are optional.

1. Color combinations
2. Pattern of flow
3. Embellishments

This month I challenge you to “look right under your nose”. See what is in your surroundings; everything has color, shape, line of direction. For starters, look around your home. Stand back for the overall view, or get up close for a detail that inspires an idea. Back up and view the room’s layout for a placement idea for your sketch, or take one wall that is pleasing to you to build a sketch for your layout. Take a close look at something that has an appealing feel to it, even within your wardrobe. What and how are the elements placed within the object – single pops of color or are there clusters, for example?

There is color, design, texture and pattern everywhere – use it for inspiration to get a page started. (It's easier once you actually start!)

Here are some ideas using photos from the 'net, with my added commentary.

From this room I made up a sketch that I saw using the elements that struck me. Below is that sketch on paper.

And, here is the link to the layout I made using it: Written in the Code by AnniePanda - at Splitcoaststampers

Here is another room from which I found inspiration:

I was inspired by the colors of gray, orange, B & W. I also mostly followed the layout of the photo for my layout, too.
Here is the link to my layout using this photo: Llove You Llots by AnniePanda - at Splitcoaststampers

One more photo to share that I hope renders a spark of creativity for you:

No layout from me (yet), but I was struck by the bold blue with the pop of orange. Also the asymmetrical layout. Light on the left and dark on the right, I see lots of white space on the left, maybe where the title goes.

Use these for inspiration. Or, perhaps, your own home or other surroundings will provide a spark for starting a layout.

You may combine other challenges, just remember to post all keywords and share a link to your page here. We all love to see what you come up with because you, then, provide inspiration for us all!

There is no time limit to upload and share your layout!

Keyword: IFH19Nov
Link to this Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2019, 10:59 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,492 Posts

Ok! I am going to look around my home. Because after all, our home should already reflect what we like! . Now which photos shall I scrap? LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2019, 02:41 AM   #3  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joyce Ann - awesome!

Never give up, just practice, stay positive and have fun!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes