Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #41  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a thought to the people in cranberry and close by. Maybe we should all meet for lunch sometime and get to know one another and go from there. All for doing a swap and/or getting together but would like to meet everyone too.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 12:33 PM   #42  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorView Post
Me, too. I love it here!
where are you? i wonder are you far from me? i am at zip 19465. maybe we can meet someday? have you seen the other thread? with people from this side of the state...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2010, 10:38 AM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello gals, I'm a ways from you, closer to Barb. I live in Shermans Dale which is about 20 miles outside of Harrisburg off of I-81.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2010, 10:13 AM   #44  
Gabfest Goddess

Hi ladies!

I am in Berks County Pa (the eastern side of the state) and would love to get together with some PA stampers . I don't mind driving a few hours and I get to Slippery Rock, PA (near Pittsburgh) a few times a year to visit family.

FYI, I am planning a weekend retreat in August in Lititz, PA. If any of you are interested, PM me or email me and I will send you the details.

Have a great day!

Korin Sutherland
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Korin, I think I have seen you around the blogs in the past. Your face is familiar!!! I as well would love to do a get together and I don't mind a tad of a drive. I would love a retreat in August but that is a lay low time for me because we do a 12 hour crop here in Newport, PA.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2010, 05:34 PM   #46  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnewbyView Post
Hi Korin, I think I have seen you around the blogs in the past. Your face is familiar!!! I as well would love to do a get together and I don't mind a tad of a drive. I would love a retreat in August but that is a lay low time for me because we do a 12 hour crop here in Newport, PA.
I am the owner of Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, so you may know me that way??

I think Jocelynn is looking for people interested in a SBS in Pottstown. Maybe you could come to that?

Our August retreat is the 20-22. When is your 12 hour crop?

Korin Sutherland
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 06:20 AM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh yes, got ya, now I know the connection. ;-) Our 12 hour crop in August is August 28th. The weekend of the 21st is my only free weekend in August. Is it not too crazy how things fill up.
I am the "owner" of Critter Sketch Challenge Blog. Not sure if you've seen it around. ;-)

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 06:21 AM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll have to check on the SBS in Pottstown. Do you know the dates or have a link for it?

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 07:05 AM   #49  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Oh yes, got ya, now I know the connection. ;-) Our 12 hour crop in August is August 28th. The weekend of the 21st is my only free weekend in August. Is it not too crazy how things fill up.
I am the "owner" of Critter Sketch Challenge Blog. Not sure if you've seen it around. ;-)
Well, in case you decide to check it out for the weekend of the 21st, here is the link: http://sweetnsassystamps.biz/shop/in...ndex&cPath=272

I know what you mean about things filling up! There just isn't enough time it seems .

I don't think I have seen your sketch blog before, but I will tell my Sponsorship Coordinator about it. We sponsor lots of challenge blogs .

Korin Sutherland
My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 07:05 AM   #50  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

I'll have to check on the SBS in Pottstown. Do you know the dates or have a link for it?
Here's a link to the thread: Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Korin Sutherland
My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 10:57 AM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Korin for all the great info.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2010, 03:56 AM   #52  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetnsassystampsView Post
Here's a link to the thread: Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Thanks Korin for posting this here. Things arjust about e starting to pull together and we have a date. I'd like to get a few more people committed before I firm it up Anyone interested? It will be on Route 100 in Boyertown at a LSS called Inspired Treasures.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 05:41 PM   #53  
Compulsive Stamper

Anyone going to the Monroeville stamping convention? Gonna try to get there Saturday morning but hate to drive in that darn pittsburgh traffic!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 05:43 PM   #54  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajreedrnView Post
Anyone going to the Monroeville stamping convention? Gonna try to get there Saturday morning but hate to drive in that darn pittsburgh traffic!
Wish I was, but we will be in the Pittsburgh area THIS weekend visiting family for the holiday, so I can't make it back again so soon. :(

Have fun if you get there!!

Korin Sutherland
My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 06:31 PM   #55  
Mad Swapper

There are 3 of us who come to down to Cranberry Twnshp to shop who are on SCS's all the time! We live about 45 minutes away! Please let me know if you plan a get together or do lunch! In the winter months we rent a church hall for a saturday crop from 8am-midnight for about 10.00 each! I will let you guys know of the next date! Cindy725 and ducki are my other friends who are on here all the time!

We use to do the scrapaway that Scrapbook Station does in Butler - but it is now 180.00 for the weekend and we have found that it is cheaper to just rent a hotel room (suite) and set up table and scrap/shop. We just split the cost of gas and hotel - sometimes we even have free hotel nights. We eat what/when we feel like it and have FUN. The last time we went into Ohio and went to Hollos. Hollo's is a store that sells paper by the pound and we were drooling all over the place! I think it is 1.25 a pound for plain cardstock. The web site is www.hollospapercraft.net! We are going out the weekend of of July 24/25 on another paper run and meeting another fellow SCS there!

Last edited by tillymae; 07-05-2010 at 06:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 04:22 AM   #56  
Gabfest Goddess

I would love to know when you all have something. My husband's family live in Slippery Rock and Grove City/Butler/Cranberry Township areas, so we get over there a few times a year .

QUOTE=tillymae;16963897]There are 3 of us who come to down to Cranberry Twnshp to shop who are on SCS's all the time! We live about 45 minutes away! Please let me know if you plan a get together or do lunch! In the winter months we rent a church hall for a saturday crop from 8am-midnight for about 10.00 each! I will let you guys know of the next date! Cindy725 and ducki are my other friends who are on here all the time!

We use to do the scrapaway that Scrapbook Station does in Butler - but it is now 180.00 for the weekend and we have found that it is cheaper to just rent a hotel room (suite) and set up table and scrap/shop. We just split the cost of gas and hotel - sometimes we even have free hotel nights. We eat what/when we feel like it and have FUN. The last time we went into Ohio and went to Hollos. Hollo's is a store that sells paper by the pound and we were drooling all over the place! I think it is 1.25 a pound for plain cardstock. The web site is www.hollospapercraft.net! We are going out the weekend of of July 24/25 on another paper run and meeting another fellow SCS there![/QUOTE]

Korin Sutherland
My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 07:26 AM   #57  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetnsassystampsView Post
I would love to know when you all have something. My husband's family live in Slippery Rock and Grove City/Butler/Cranberry Township areas, so we get over there a few times a year .

QUOTE=tillymae;16963897]There are 3 of us who come to down to Cranberry Twnshp to shop who are on SCS's all the time! We live about 45 minutes away! Please let me know if you plan a get together or do lunch! In the winter months we rent a church hall for a saturday crop from 8am-midnight for about 10.00 each! I will let you guys know of the next date! Cindy725 and ducki are my other friends who are on here all the time!

We use to do the scrapaway that Scrapbook Station does in Butler - but it is now 180.00 for the weekend and we have found that it is cheaper to just rent a hotel room (suite) and set up table and scrap/shop. We just split the cost of gas and hotel - sometimes we even have free hotel nights. We eat what/when we feel like it and have FUN. The last time we went into Ohio and went to Hollos. Hollo's is a store that sells paper by the pound and we were drooling all over the place! I think it is 1.25 a pound for plain cardstock. The web site is www.hollospapercraft.net! We are going out the weekend of of July 24/25 on another paper run and meeting another fellow SCS there!
[/QUOTE]

OK - I will def. let you know when we get a date set! August or September will be the next one. We are doing the road trip in July.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 08:34 AM   #58  
Glitter Queen

I live outside of Pittsburgh and I have been to Hollo's a couple of times. It is just a great place. I can get enough cardstock to almost fill the trunk of my car for under a $100.

Last edited by pghgirl1155; 07-06-2010 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: misspelled
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 08:36 AM   #59  
Glitter Queen

I am interested in meeting with the people from the Pittsburgh area. I have card classes at my house every month, but I don't nearly have room for more than 5 people. It would be alot of fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 08:42 AM   #60  
Glitter Queen

I'll be going to the convention in Monroeville on Sunday, anyone else going then?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 02:45 PM   #61  
Compulsive Stamper

I am going to Monroeville on Saturday and am so excited! Always nice to have something to look forward too. You said you get together monthly to make cards, I don't know where you are at (I live in Monaca, close to Beaver) but would love to meet you guys if ever you have enough room and aren't too far away. Could even host at my house sometime if you want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #62  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hey all! Hope you have an AWESOME time in Monroeville!! I would like to put some type of stamp thing together for Lancaster and surrounding. I will have to start a thread I guess! Anyone interested?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 03:35 PM   #63  
Polyshrink Goddess

My DH & I are going also. Can't wait!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #64  
Glitter Queen

I live just a little bit outside of Monroeville. I wish I was going on Saturday, but my mother-in-law wants to go and she has a wedding to go to on Saturday so I told her I'd take her on Sunday. Leave some stuff for me to buy. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #65  
Stampin' Fool

I will be in Monroeville on Saturday and maybe Sunday. Sunday is less crowded and I can actually get to do the make and takes then!!!! I'm looking sooooo forward to it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2010, 03:41 PM   #66  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by pghgirl1155View Post
I am interested in meeting with the people from the Pittsburgh area. I have card classes at my house every month, but I don't nearly have room for more than 5 people. It would be alot of fun.
I'm from Glassport (between McKeesport and Elizabeth)!!! I have a sister that lives 20 mins from Hollos. I sooooo love to visit her. Next time you're there, go down the road a little and hit Hobby Lobby. I wish we had a HL around here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2010, 03:47 PM   #67  
Die Cut Diva

I am in Coatesville!

Everyone going to Monroeville - have fun!!!

Jealous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2010, 10:24 AM   #68  
Polyshrink Goddess

I went there this morning. Had a good time but it was rather small and very focused on stampin ( which I love) and virtually no scrapping. I saw it all and did two make & takes in 1 1/2 hours.

Last edited by mimsymarie; 07-10-2010 at 01:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pghgirl1155View Post
I live outside of Pittsburgh and I have been to Hollo's a couple of times. It is just a great place. I can get enough cardstock to almost fill the trunk of my car for under a $100.
is there only 1 location of holo's?
i want to go so bad. but i'm south of syracuse,ny
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #70  
Glitter Queen

I think it's a small family owned business. It is southwest of Cleveland OH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #71  
Stazon Splitcoast

i was hoping for 1 on the way i travel
may just have to hit ohio
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2010, 05:32 AM   #72  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
i was hoping for 1 on the way i travel
may just have to hit ohio
Unfortunately there is only one Hollos!!! It would truly be worth a trip there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2010, 05:35 AM   #73  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsAngottiView Post
Unfortunately there is only one Hollos!!! It would truly be worth a trip there.
I've been reading along and I was hoping there would be another Hollos :(

Maybe some day I'll decided to take a drive and check it out, but I'm sure that won't be for some time. It's hard to take any long trips while the kiddos are little.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 09:21 AM   #74  
Cardstock Collector

Hi I live in Washington, Pa! I would love to meet up with some fellow stampers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 03:37 PM   #75  
Stazon Splitcoast

cool! and welcome. maybe you could have a friend or 2 sign up. fill the car. more than than coming alone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 03:54 PM   #76  
Compulsive Stamper

Hey StaceMC, I live about 45 minutes away from Washington, closer to Beaver Pa if ever you want to chat and maybe meet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #77  
Glitter Guru

I'm in south central pa. centered between York, Harrisburg and gettysburg.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #78  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jaci that sounds super close to me. I'm from perry county.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2010, 09:04 AM   #79  
Glitter Guru

mnewby~i'm in east berlin, where are you? I have family in new bloomfield and duncannon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #80  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow Jaci, I live in Shermans Dale, VERY close to your family. I'm trying to think where East Berlin is.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes