Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-18-2007, 05:41 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Artiscape 2008-OHIO

Are any other SCS'ers planning on going to this event? It will be held April 10-13, 2008 in Sandusky, Ohio. I know that seems like a long time off, but the classes will be announced next week on the European Papers web site and the good ones fill up fast. If there is enough interest maybe we can plan a get together there.

NOTE: I have attended Artiscape in years past, but not otherwise affiliated with it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 05:50 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Can you tell me more about this event? I have never heard of it before.

My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2007, 06:13 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

http://europeanpapers.com should have a list of classes and instructors in the next week or so. Lisa Ohmer, the owner of European Papers, runs the show. She designed the ATC Wizard and also has a book template which you may have heard of..

This is more of a mixed media/paper arts convention than a stamp or scrapbooking show. She usually has classes on polymer clay, calligraphy, art journals, collage, etc. In years past, she has held it in the Columbus area, but is having it in Sandusky because the old venue wasn't available in April. So it might be more or less convenient for you to go to depending on where you live.

Besides classes, there is a show on Saturday, I think, and other opportunities to socialize and swap trades. She usually has some great vendors plus she brings her own merchandise.

I have gone in years past (though I wasn't able to go last year) and have always had a lot of fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2007, 07:59 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Lisa is still working on updating the Artiscape 2008 info. However, she does have updated info about the social events that will be happening there. Don't try to register just yet though. Apparently, that is not yet up and running.

http://europeanpapers.com/Merchant5/...ory_Co de=ART

I'm hoping she posts the classes and instructors before I go on vacation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2007, 07:54 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Default Artiscape Update

Sorry that I have been good about bumping this topic closer to the top! Now on to the important stuff!
Lisa has all her workshops and special events listed for this Sandusky, Ohio happening April 2008. I just signed up for the weekend pass and four classes. I am taking Mike Meador's Construction with a Battery (just got back from San Francisco where I saw the Joseph Cornell special exhibit and really want to learn how to light up and add movement to my shrines and assemblages), Sexy Plexi (plexiglass jewelry), Game Board Encaustic Shrines with Elaine Madrid, and Art Crayon Madness with Mary Jo McGraw. There are also bookbinding, collage, color theory, polymer clay, calligraphy etc. Even if you are not sure about taking classes, I urge you to go to the Marketplace (which is open to the public) because she has a small, but excellent selection of vendors.
This looks like a fun venue too. If you had to take children with you, there would be plenty to keep them amused. I think they told me waterpark admission is included in the hotel room rate.

Go to http://europeanpapers.com/Merchant5/...egory_Code=ART to get information and register. i think this would be a fun event to have an SCS gathering/lunch/etc event. Please let me know if you plan to go and would be interested in it.

Nora
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 04:42 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2008, 01:25 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Haven't been bumping this due to the holidays, but I got my registration packet in the mail yesterday. I know a few classes have sold out already, but if you aren't sure that this is cup of tea, you can just come to the marketplace on Saturday afternoon. My sister (also an SCSer) is coming and we thought that it would fun to get together sometime on Saturday afternoon with other SCS folks, maybe do lunch and trades. Please feel free to PM me on this.

Nora
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #8  
Kookie Creator

I am heading up to Sandusky this Thursday. Any other SCS folks plan to attend?
Reply With Quote Likes