Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-27-2020, 03:48 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Will power?

Has anyone had the willpower to resist all of the Black Friday sales from stamp companies?
I thought I could, then I saw organizing stuff at Scrapbook dot com and decided I NEEDED IT.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2020, 06:53 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 290 Likes on 192 Posts

I ordered one thing from tonic studios cyber week sale the other day, some card stock from Stampin’ Up! on their 10% off day, but nothing today. I didn’t even look on scrapbook.com. One guess what I’m doing next?! Just call me a lemming 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2020, 07:36 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Does that mean you're going to jump off the cliff....following me? I found great stuff at Waffle Flower, Ellen Hutson, Picket Fence, The Greetery, and a little at Joann.
I signed up for Honey, and when I shop at some places, and in the check-out page, a Honey pop up box opens and will search the best discount for me. I saved on shipping at Joann. and in the past I have gotten Free shipping, when the vendor did not offer it directly.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2020, 07:44 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 290 Likes on 192 Posts

Yes, that’s what I meant. I didn’t buy anything at scrapbook.com. I have a wish list on EllenHutson that I shared with my daughter and my husband in hopes of getting some of the things for Christmas. So, now I don’t want to order anything in case they already got them for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 01:49 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 252 Likes on 177 Posts

This is the first year in 30 years hubby has said "I don't know what you want". Pick out a few things and I will wrap them. So ... I shopped a little at Picket Fence Studios, My Favorite Things, Pink Fresh Studio and Mama Elephant. Everything was on sale . Now I am looking at Concord & 9th's big sale. 

I also love to send cards each month to Love Notes Fairy. Click here for more info https://jenniferbelthoff.com/love-notes-fairy/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 03:14 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 137 Likes on 54 Posts

I've been doing a LOT of stress shopping.  My mother fell on the 13th and she's with us while she's recovering.  Orders from Pinkfresh, Sunny Studios, SimonSays, Scrapbook.com, Stampin' Up!, My Favorite Things, Echo Park, Picket Fences, Kindred, and Oozak and that's just stamping/scrapbooking related.  I really just need to delete the emails without looking at them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 03:33 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Ragtop- Get well wishes to your Mom.

I did all my stress shopping during lockdown so I am burned out on shopping. Who knew that could be a thing, ROFL! I am not tempted this year for Black Friday crafting.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 07:17 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 288 Likes on 114 Posts

I got a couple of dies and a clearance stamp set at The Cat's Pajamas, but that's it. I'm trying to Kondo my craft room, so adding more is not a good idea, lol. I looked at Unity, but (true confessions) I pretty much already own everything from them that I want. I've made a point of not looking at other sites. I would like to get the new Distress/Oxide colors, so if anyone knows of a good sale on those (I'm too lazy to snoop around, lol).

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 07:40 AM   #9  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 585 Likes on 240 Posts

I had a long list for scrapbook.com for Black Friday. Half the things were sold out but I ordered some stamps sets. The rest of my list will have to wait a while. I resisted ordering from the dozen or so companies that sent emails with their sales.
Mary Beth

Last edited by lutheran; 11-28-2020 at 07:41 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 09:04 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

I went over the budget I set for myself.  I couldn't help it.  I found things I loved and went crazy.  I resisted the items I had on wish lists I shared with others, but hopefully I will find them under the tree.  I bought from My Favorite Things, Simon Says Stamp, Ellen Hutson, Waffle Flower, Riley and Company, and Avery Elle.  I need to work on my willpower.  Oh well, happy crafting days ahead.

-Adam Osborne-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 03:38 PM   #11  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to buy, but the items I wanted were sold out at a few of the stamp companies that I normally buy from.  I guess there's always Cyber Monday (not that the stamp companies will have the items back in stock by then).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 03:59 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Black Friday sales are when I do most of my shopping for the year - and I did shop with some great sales from WPlus9, Hero Arts, Pinkfresh Studio, My Favorite Things, Birch Press Design, Poppy Stamps and my favorite every year for Black Friday - Taylored Expressions.  And some have already arrived!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 05:39 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 137 Likes on 54 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
I would like to get the new Distress/Oxide colors, so if anyone knows of a good sale on those (I'm too lazy to snoop around, lol).

Oozak is closing out their warehouse and I bought Speckled Egg Oxide pad and Crackling Campfire Oxide & DI pads and Oxide & DI sprays last week.  I bought a LOT of Distress/Oxide inks (mostly refills) from Scrapbook.com and SimonSays this weekend because of sales.  Might want to check them out just in case.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 06:58 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Regina! Got the new colors and Ranger Multi Medium Matte at scrapbook.com, and I'm totally stoked! Oozak only had a handful of older inks, so no go there, and SSS was more expensive...

Last edited by gregzgurl; 11-29-2020 at 07:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 04:49 PM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 971 Likes on 471 Posts

I placed three small orders. One was need (adhesive) and the other two were a few wish list items that were on sale. It was nice to support small businesses.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 05:45 PM   #16  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I thought some of the deals this year were much better. After I totally skipped on Stamptember I was ready to get some goodies. I did quite a bit of shopping. I am killing my wishlist after this and unsubscribing and going to try very hard to have a no shop year in 2021. So many were so old they are gone anyway now. 

I did a triple play at Ellen Hutson...got something on sale, then the BF discount kicked in automatically, and then I applied my frequent shopper code for Nov. I love when that happens! 

123 stitch has some serious discounts in their clearance section. So does The Rubber Buggy on some Wild Rose stamps (in the flavor of Lilli of the Valley now closed) I got a Spellbinders 3d frame die for half off too been on my list for 2 years .

I am not happy that again this year Simon did one sale day for their stuff and then one for the rest so I had to do two orders (double shipping) 

I got at the Ton-who normally has low discounts but this year was better. 

Wow. I never thought I would hear the day Sue said she did not shop Unity! LOL

Bunch more. I did invest in a die system at Poppystamps. Base oval die with some decorative edgers. 

I totally forgot I wanted to a gel plate this year. I will to see if I can find one someplace. Those are expensive. Darn it. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 10:53 PM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

wavejumper- I have seen some good name brand gel plate deals on Amazon this year. I guess a lot of people have gotten into it since they are staying at home.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 11:48 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wavejumper -Since I've been an avid collector for over five years and own over 400 of Unity's sets, I have more than enough to keep me busy for the rest of my natural life, lol! Unity is easily the largest section of my stamp collection (no duh, right?) Lest anyone think I'm THAT crazy, quite a few of the sets are from the Itty Bitty line and some are individual sentiments... I keep an eye on the new sets to see if there's anything tempting, but I am much more selective than I used to be.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 07:04 AM   #19  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 499 Likes on 221 Posts

Quote:

I got a couple of dies and a clearance stamp set at The Cat's Pajamas, but that's it. I'm trying to Kondo my craft room, so adding more is not a good idea, lol. .

But if you love it, it is totally acceptable!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 07:09 AM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 499 Likes on 221 Posts

I didn't buy anything on black friday sales.  That's because I saw this absolutely terrific card and ordered what I still needed to make it.  Early. 5 days early.

I just knew that if I waited, it would all be backordered. :rolleyes:

Otherwise, I was resisting.  But I do have some more stamps from Colorado Craft Company that I really, really want.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 07:24 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Purple Onion Designs is having their Cyber Monday 25% off sale. I'm not participating because I polished off my (very small) wishlist in August during their anniversary sale. Stacey Yacula has a new collection (I own an obscene number of her stamps), but I didn't like it enough to get any of them, shockingly. I may break down and get the Pumpkin Charm stamp at some point, but Halloween is a long way off and August may find me with a new wishlist, lol...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 03:14 PM   #22  
Proud Fan Club Member

Too funny Sue. I saw that and thought of you immediately. And again-you are demonstrating terrific self control!  

I was thinking about getting more of their clear stamps for raw rubber but those are not on sale. (and they sold out so it is a pre-order now) 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 08:23 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

I failed....third order with unity in a month......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 06:00 AM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Don't feel bad, Leslie. If I didn't already own so much from Unity (see post #18 above), I know without even thinking hard that I would have ordered A LOT. I LOVE Unity! I now pretty much hold out to see what new wonderfulness Lisa Glanz or Graciellie Designs puts out. I am a big fan of the Angie Girl line, as well, but already have a ridiculous number of them. The good news on those is that I've made many, many gift sets with them so the cost per use is very low...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 07:12 AM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Quote:

Don't feel bad, Leslie. If I didn't already own so much from Unity (see post #18 above), I know without even thinking hard that I would have ordered A LOT. I LOVE Unity! I now pretty much hold out to see what new wonderfulness Lisa Glanz or Graciellie Designs puts out. I am a big fan of the Angie Girl line, as well, but already have a ridiculous number of them. The good news on those is that I've made many, many gift sets with them so the cost per use is very low...

400 Unity sets, impressive....LOL  I need to come over.  I still have not updated my list from last years Black Thursday sales I ordered 3 or 4 times then also.  Haven't even used all my stamps yet either.

I had all these ideas for cards with the stamps I bought last year, but every once in a while I will go into my vestibular issues and get dizzy and get blurry eyes, sometime it lasts a few days, but the last time I had it lasted 30 days UGH.

So I keep going back and forth, give up stamps, keep stamping when I can and so on and so on.  My family told me to keep my stamping supplies.  I have purged 5 times in the past year and a half.  I did quit my Stampin Up club.  

I pretty much just have Unity stamps and Stampin Up sets and a few other brands that I just could not part with.

The reason I went looking yesterday at Unity cyber sale was for stamps for my son, he is going to Army boot camp Jan 4th and I wanted some sentiments.  Bought a few and then put other stuff in my cart that I didn't from the last two orders.  I wanted to keep those orders reasonable, ya right.

My order yesterday I played with on and off for like 3 hours.  Finally decided.  Well I only needed $ 3 to get free shipping, it cost more with not popping in a little planner girl than paying for the shipping, so got me another planner girl.

I love the Angie girls, especially with the face and long hair.  They look just like my daughter.  So I have bought 3 sets.

What I really want is nice Christmas paper pads.  Really didn't like the Michaels or hobby lobby ones, so I'm working on last years Unity pads and bought a new unity Christmas paper pad.  I wanted 12x12 paper pads.  I make my family and some friends bigger cards and I like to make envelopes for these cards.

Well enough crafting talk.  I'm going to go do something, what I don't know. LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 03:28 PM   #26  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,119 Likes on 502 Posts

I *mostly* took advantage of sales on things I need, but I did tuck a couple Art Impressions sets in my Joann cart that I have been eyeing all year. Half price!
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 08:28 PM   #27  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I thought Stampin Up had some nerve with their sale. Other sites were offering 50% off, but SU offers 10%? With a long list of exemptions. Hoo Boy! I felt like that was a slap in the face.
I bought a single stamp and a set from Michael's and started to look through my emails, then just deleted everything. Luckily, but also frustrating and sadly, shipping and duty to Canada deters me from many offers. 

But willpower? Nope. I told myself I had enough stamps and could easily use what I have, so no new stamps in 2020. hahahahahaha. 

It's an addiction. So far I haven't been driven to steal or sell in dark alleys to support the habit.  Considering begging on street corners, though...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2020, 02:28 AM   #28  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I was good and didn’t order anything at all, and didn’t go to any shops either.  Our county is on the severe end of a Covid explosion in the state (OR), and so I e been staying out of most stores anyway and shopping mostly online.

I didn’t even do that, just window shopping.  There are some things I’d like, but will probably wait a bit for them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2020, 02:33 AM   #29  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Here and ThereView Post
It's an addiction. So far I haven't been driven to steal or sell in dark alleys to support the habit.  Considering begging on street corners, though...

That’s really funny.  Wanted to giggle but would have weakened sleeping hubby next to me.  I can relate and I bet a few others will as well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2020, 03:43 AM   #30  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I ordered three holiday stamps..Colorado Craft Co, Memory Box/Open Studio, and Stampers Anonymous...all large sets I have been eyeing.  Trying to avoid all the other
ads coming across my inbox!  Need to focus on gifts for others.  I did order a few small crafting tools for my daughters stocking .  She is also a card maker.
It sure is tempting and my will power gets a testing for sure. 

Eloise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2020, 04:57 AM   #31  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stress buying & deleting the emails

Quote:

Originally Posted by RagtopView Post
I've been doing a LOT of stress shopping.  My mother fell on the 13th and she's with us while she's recovering.  Orders from Pinkfresh, Sunny Studios, SimonSays, Scrapbook.com, Stampin' Up!, My Favorite Things, Echo Park, Picket Fences, Kindred, and Oozak and that's just stamping/scrapbooking related.  I really just need to delete the emails without looking at them.

I've decided that's what January is for.  I'll delete the emails in January when I try for my no-buy new year :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2020, 05:03 AM   #32  
Matboard Maniac

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Kinda glad I didn't take a look at the sales.  My willpower would've crumbled, especially with the Angie Girl stamps from Unity.  They are just too adorable. I think I just have two, but those would have been too hard to resist.  And for those of you that are interested in a Gel Press, Hobby Lobby carrys them in the stamp/crafting area for $12.99, and with the 40% off coupon, very reasonable. It is the 5x7 size. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2020, 05:14 AM   #33  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I hadn't planned on buying ANYTHING, but I saw a sale going on over on Impression Obsession..... 20% off everything, Free SH with so much spent, & a Free Choice of Red Rubber Stamps, Clear Stamps or Dies BUNDLE! Hey, I was IN!!! LOL WISH I could have gotten MORE! ;)<3
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2020, 06:06 AM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
400 Unity sets, impressive....LOL  I need to come over.  I still have not updated my list from last years Black Thursday sales I ordered 3 or 4 times then also.  Haven't even used all my stamps yet either.

I had all these ideas for cards with the stamps I bought last year, but every once in a while I will go into my vestibular issues and get dizzy and get blurry eyes, sometime it lasts a few days, but the last time I had it lasted 30 days UGH.

So I keep going back and forth, give up stamps, keep stamping when I can and so on and so on.  My family told me to keep my stamping supplies.  I have purged 5 times in the past year and a half.  I did quit my Stampin Up club.  

I pretty much just have Unity stamps and Stampin Up sets and a few other brands that I just could not part with.

The reason I went looking yesterday at Unity cyber sale was for stamps for my son, he is going to Army boot camp Jan 4th and I wanted some sentiments.  Bought a few and then put other stuff in my cart that I didn't from the last two orders.  I wanted to keep those orders reasonable, ya right.

My order yesterday I played with on and off for like 3 hours.  Finally decided.  Well I only needed $ 3 to get free shipping, it cost more with not popping in a little planner girl than paying for the shipping, so got me another planner girl.

I love the Angie girls, especially with the face and long hair.  They look just like my daughter.  So I have bought 3 sets.

What I really want is nice Christmas paper pads.  Really didn't like the Michaels or hobby lobby ones, so I'm working on last years Unity pads and bought a new unity Christmas paper pad.  I wanted 12x12 paper pads.  I make my family and some friends bigger cards and I like to make envelopes for these cards.

Well enough crafting talk.  I'm going to go do something, what I don't know. LOL

What?! We're supposed to use them???

Just kidding, of course (kinda, sorta). If using everything I have was a requirement before buying more I'd have a very meager supply, lol. I hear you on Angie girls that look like daughters - I have six daughters, so quite a few of the Angie girls look similar to one or more of them. A couple of the granddaughters are getting older (two tweens and a teen), so the Planner Girls have been steadily coming into play...

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues - that just sucks a bunch! I agree that you should hang onto your stuff, though. You never know what the future holds, right? I hope the holiday season is issue-free for you!

My oldest grandson is going into basic training for the Air Force in February. He'll be doing "cyber transportation", whatever that is. Computer stuff, I'm told.

I hear you on the Christmas pads. I usually love those that I find at Hobby Lobby but I was a bit underwhelmed this year. Thankfully, I have more than enough to not need new.

Last edited by gregzgurl; 12-02-2020 at 06:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2020, 09:38 AM   #35  
Proud Fan Club Member

Leslie-I agree. Keep the stash. Gives you something to look forward to (no pun intended) on the bad days.  

I can say I have zero interest so far in Diecember over at Simon. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2020, 11:38 AM   #36  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I LOVE this post!!! I don't feel so bad now! I was sucked into quite a few purchases, but the prices were really good!

I think the SSS Black Friday sale was better than their Diecember sale.
MFT - I finally got stuff I've been looking at for YEARS (I've tried in the past, but they were always out of stock! Still looking at one more set that was ... you guessed it ... out of stock. Sigh). And their storage envelopes were a great price!
I also got some of the Scrapbook Expo project kits at 25% off which is a bit pricey, but I hope it supports those cottage industries!
I got lucky with Ink Road Stamps (love her Star Wars stamps) and got a free Hexagon stamp set (I'm a sucker for hexagons for some reason).

I feel totally guilty, yet quite pleased with myself. My sister, however, is tired of getting packages for me (I can't get packages at my home - many reasons for that).

Happy Craftidays everyone!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2020, 01:39 PM   #37  
Matboard Maniac

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

I ordered washi tape from the Washi Tape Store (and seriously, who actually needs any more washi tape?), i-crafter blending brushes and some envelopes from Butterfly Reflections Ink, a couple of dies and cardstock from The Stamp Market, and some coverplate dies from from Honey Bee Stamps. What's really terrible is, I moderate a page at Facebook that aggregates papercraft sales from all over hell and gone, so the temptation is really astronomical!
Reply With Quote Likes