Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-01-2021, 09:18 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 299 Likes on 213 Posts
Palette icon Challenge Chat & More

Happy New Year 2021 and beyond! Head to the last page as we continue our chat into 2022 and beyond!!

So I took a look back to the way we started the 2020 Challenge Chat thread and I think we should do it that way again.

I asked the question what was the most memorable thing that happened to you at SCS in 2020? It could be a special comment, a new friendship, A DD posting, a new friend....you name it.

Do you have any crafty goals in 2021?

Being asked to be on the Watercolor Wednesday Challenge team was one of the most memorable for me. I LOVE growing in watercolor. Growing in Watercolor was one of my goals as I started 2020. I absolutely love the medium and I can't wait to meet the new challenges in 2021!

My crafty goals:
Continue to grow in Watercolor
Find a better balance (in other words GET AHEAD of Crafty Deadlines)
Make new crafty girl friendships

(Please note this thread will "float" on the board for a few days as I do not have the superpowers to "unstick" the 2020 chat thread.)

****Please feel free to post any challenge or crafty "get to know you questions", I do my best to post every day but with new schedules at our house, I sometimes miss a day or two. ****

Last edited by ohmypaper!; 01-11-2022 at 11:12 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2021, 09:26 AM   #2  

Here we go....the first Challenges of 2021

The Free 4 All is Encouragement.  Perfect for the new year!

MIX414 - Create a Snowy Day using at least 2 coloring mediums.  

For crafty questions see the previous post. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2021, 03:33 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts

Hmmm I don't really make you know resolutions but, I can get behind learning to use my tools better, esp. The watercolors and pots of things to smoosh through stencils and maybe just all the goops and sprays and mixed media things I have collected and let gather dust.

I spent some time this afternoon making some distress oxide backgrounds on watercolor paper. ( which will eventually get die cut and inked or penciled over I am thinking) but, having a stack of already has a layer of color on it cardstocks is a time saver for me when I do have deadlines that are hurry up already things :mrgreen:

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2021, 08:11 PM   #4  

Stacy, that is such a good idea.  I have begun to spritz my craft mat with water and sop up the ink onto scarp pieces every time I ink sponge a card.  I think this will be a great time saver in the future plus I am not letting ANY ink go to waste!  I need to get better about devoting some time to just making backgrounds!  

I forgot to mention that the Fan Club Christmas Challenge is up!  It's a new year with a new theme for 2021.  I am really excited about it and can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2021, 05:17 AM   #5  

The Inspiration Challenge is overflowing with ideas.  

Have  you played in a 2021 challenge yet?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2021, 01:28 PM   #6  
Glitter Queen

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

My crafty goals for 2021: learn to use my new Silhouette Portrait 3, organize my craft room, and be active on split coast stampers!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2021, 01:32 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 654 Likes on 439 Posts

This was my first year posting on SCS so I guess posting that first card and getting such encouraging feedback was very special.  But there have been do many more great moments since then, especially making new friends on this site as well as learning so many new techniques, in would be impossible to pick a "most".  

For next year, I hope to participate in more challenges (you all warned me they would become addictive) and keep exploring and enjoying this SCS site.  

Thanks for continuing this thread.  Look forward to "seeing" everyone in 2021.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2021, 01:33 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 252 Likes on 177 Posts

I want to participate in more challenges here at Splitcoast and I MUST learn how to do more with my Scan & Cut than just cut out images. I know it does so much more but I get so confused watching the you tube videos that I have watched that I gave up!!

I also love to send cards each month to Love Notes Fairy. Click here for more info https://jenniferbelthoff.com/love-notes-fairy/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2021, 02:19 PM   #9  

;">momaimp make sure you come back here and let us know when you upload a card to your gallery, we want to see what you create!

Debbie so excited that you had a great year at SCS, we look forward to seeing you in the challenge galleries!  

I hope you can take steps toward your Scan & Cut goal.  I don't have one.  It's hard to learn new things!    Worthwhile, but hard!    

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2021, 02:23 PM   #10  

This week's Featured Stamper is Denise!  Oh my, she has a super fun gallery. Denise creates amazing tags and I saw a lot of cute cat cards Plus much much more!  

Remember there are several ways that we can celebrate Denise.  First of course is to play in the challenge using inspiration from Denise's gallery.  But if time doesn't permit, you can leave some sweet comments on her cards and/or leave a congratulations in the Challenge Reply comments!  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2021, 06:47 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 566 Likes on 453 Posts

The CAS challenge is to use something new. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2021, 03:36 PM   #12  

The TLC is a trip down memory lane for Sabrina -  Faux Cloisonne

Have you ever tried this technique?  The gallery is full of beautiful cards.  I want to give this a try but I really don't know if I even have a magazine in the house anymore.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2021, 03:41 PM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Happy 2021! Such a sweet post and very encouraging - I did love the encouragement F4A!

One of the highlights for the past year was being a guest for the CAS challenge!  I would love a spot on one of them regularly - I keep my fingers (and toes!) crossed that a spot opens up!  

Meanwhile, my crafty goals are what they are almost every year: 
1. USE MY SUPPLIES! The whole buy less, use more thing!
2. Get back to my YouTube channel and post videos more often
3. I'm starting new blog series and I hope to keep up with them each month!

Waving to all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2021, 10:12 PM   #14  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

I know what you mean. The last time I did it, all I had were a couple of DH's motorcycle magazines which don't have much colour. But most wrapping paper world work, there are some lovely older cards using it; and someone yesterday used a calendar which was a great idea. My last year's one wouldn't be suitable, but I definitely have a couple of older ones which would.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohmypaper!View Post
The TLC is a trip down memory lane for Sabrina -  Faux Cloisonne

Have you ever tried this technique?  The gallery is full of beautiful cards.  I want to give this a try but I really don't know if I even have a magazine in the house anymore.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2021, 09:04 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 654 Likes on 439 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
I know what you mean. The last time I did it, all I had were a couple of DH's motorcycle magazines which don't have much colour. But most wrapping paper world work, there are some lovely older cards using it; and someone yesterday used a calendar which was a great idea. My last year's one wouldn't be suitable, but I definitely have a couple of older ones which would.

I had that issue with the magazines we had as well and I ended up using an old calendar page because I read someone else had.  And someone posted that they used an old store bought card front they had saved.  I tried this with a piece of slick junk mail postcard.  It worked fine but the background (a black night with bits of white sleeting snow) didn't really show up well.  I have the pieces set aside for future cards.  So junk mail can work too.  Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2021, 11:25 AM   #16  

Wow! Those are some very cool ideas to use for the faux Cloisonne tech! Thanks! I might have an old calendar. But I will certainly keep my eye open for slick stuff. I am sure I have some wrapping paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
Justtjess (11-03-2021)
Old 01-05-2021, 11:31 AM   #17  

This week's Color Challenge is soft and soothing - Gorgeous Granny Relaxing by her Coastal Cobana.

Yikes! The Teapot Challenge is for three kids, two of whom tested positive for covid over the holidays and spent the holiday in their bedrooms. More details are listed in the heading of the challenge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2021, 07:26 AM   #18  

Received 206 Likes on 185 Posts

I wonder why the WCC never shows in the home page? I always have to go searching for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2021, 10:47 AM   #19  

Karen, I am so sorry. I meant to get it posted here but I was slammed until after midnight last night and this morning we had dental appointments. I believe the reason it is missing has something to do with the rollout/rollback. I am sure they will get it fixed soon! For now....

Watercolor Wednesday Challenge - How about a beautiful cup of cocoa?

Sketch Challenge has lots of layers for all you layer lovers! I peeked into the gallery and there are some clean layer cards in there. All are beautiful!

Ok, so here is the LONG way to get to all of the challenges if you can't get to them by the homepage.

Forum Tab
From the STAMPING STUFF category scroll down 11 threads to SPLITCOAST CHALLENGES. All of the challenges can be reached from there.

If you would like to bookmark the Watercolor Wednesday Page until you can reach it from the homepage is the link: Watercolor Wednesday Forum at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2021, 10:50 AM   #20  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Ok, so here is the LONG way to get to all of the challenges if you can't get to them by the homepage.

Forum Tab
From the STAMPING STUFF category scroll down 11 threads to SPLITCOAST CHALLENGES. All of the challenges can be reached from there.

If you would like to bookmark the Watercolor Wednesday Page until you can reach it from the homepage is the link: Watercolor Wednesday Forum at Splitcoaststampers
Quicker even than scrolling down from Stamping Stuff - over to the left on EVERY page is a column with some of the most useful shortcuts. The top box is titled In the Forums, and has a direct link to the parent Challenge Forum section. I use that all the time - that and my bookmarks, but sniff, none of them are working any more and with over 20 of them in my challenges folder, I'm not in a hurry to work on replacing them all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 08:41 AM   #21  

Quote:

Quicker even than scrolling down from Stamping Stuff - over to the left on EVERY page is a column with some of the most useful shortcuts. The top box is titled In the Forums, and has a direct link to the parent Challenge Forum section. .
Wow! Funny how we can be blind to things! I have been here for 9 years and never noticed that shortcut! I use the box to upload my card FROM the GALLERY page but NEVER noticed that it is on every page and I have never really looked at what each tab says. Only UPLOAD a card. Wow. Is that tunnel vision or what? I need an embarrassed emoji! Thanks so much for pointing that out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 08:42 AM   #22  

The Ways to Use It Challenge is - Fruit! It's going to be a yummy gallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 08:52 AM   #23  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,713 Likes on 1,838 Posts

I never noticed that shortcut before where the challenges is to the left. I noticed challenges that I had not seen before. Thanks!
Featured Stamper #671
Love sending BRAK cards.
Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Virtual Stamp Night April 19 - 20 Come Join in the Fun Here

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 10:24 AM   #24  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Wow! Funny how we can be blind to things! I have been here for 9 years and never noticed that shortcut! I use the box to upload my card FROM the GALLERY page but NEVER noticed that it is on every page and I have never really looked at what each tab says. Only UPLOAD a card. Wow. Is that tunnel vision or what? I need an embarrassed emoji! Thanks so much for pointing that out!
You're welcome!
I regularly use My Subscriptions (much easier than clicking on my user name to get to my dashboard) and Challenges from the first box, and upload a card, my gallery and member list from the second box.

Crazy busy work week this week, hoping to get back to more normal next. I didn't even get a chance to move my fruity cards from staging to the main gallery to after 5, and I uploaded them last night in the hopes that I could do it quickly this morning. DH says I should treat myself to something with my overtime from today :mrgreen:. Pity I can't buy time...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 10:29 AM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:

DH says I should treat myself to something with my overtime from today :mrgreen:. Pity I can't buy time...
I told Kevin the other day, that it just seemed like when I had the extra money, I didn't have the time & when I had extra time, I didn't have the money. He told me that was God's way of keeping me balanced.

Hope your "crazy" calms down soon, Sabrina!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 07:19 PM   #26  

I am hosting the F4All Challenge this week. After all the holiday decorations, I am now ready for fresh flowers and hearts! That is the challenge, Flowers and Hearts!

I will be back with the MIX when I see it.

Misti, it was a VERY balanced year here in 2020, if we are using your husband's theory! haha. Lots of time off /no money to do house projects.

Sabrina, I keep wondering what happened to Wednesday?

Lisa, we need to hang around Sabrina she knows how to get places!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2021, 08:27 AM   #27  

The MIX is up and I would love to play in it! Use all the stamps in a set to create a background.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2021, 08:31 AM   #28  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Ooh I love that!

Quote:

I am hosting the F4All Challenge this week. After all the holiday decorations, I am now ready for fresh flowers and hearts! That is the challenge, Flowers and Hearts!

I will be back with the MIX when I see it.

Misti, it was a VERY balanced year here in 2020, if we are using your husband's theory! haha. Lots of time off /no money to do house projects.

Sabrina, I keep wondering what happened to Wednesday?

Lisa, we need to hang around Sabrina she knows how to get places!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2021, 06:47 PM   #29  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

This week the inspiration Challenge is taking a peek at Canadian Living.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2021, 12:22 PM   #30  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,378 Likes on 513 Posts

Quote:

The MIX is up and I would love to play in it! Use all the stamps in a set to create a background.
That sounds fun! I've been enjoying pulling out older sets to play with and feel inspired by the challenges here on SCS. My mojo disappeared just before Christmas and the best way to get it back is to jump in and stamp every day. I have the time to do it. The family will be in the family room all weekend watching football, so it's a perfect time to stamp (my stamp space is half the family room and I love having everyone with me while I create).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2021, 06:56 AM   #31  

Nicole, I think you are right, a great way to jump-start our mojo is just start something! It really doesn't need to be a masterpiece or a finished project. For me, even if I don't feel it when I start something happens and the next thing I know, I am loving the creative process again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2021, 07:02 AM   #32  

This week's Featured Stamper is Fifi Soleil (Jesuisjeune). Fifi's gallery is a treat for the eyes! She photographs her creations on a black background so they really pop. You will enjoy viewing her many 3D projects!

Remember we can congratulate Fifi, by playing along, leaving a comment on the challenge post, leave some sweet comments on her projects in her gallery, or a combination of all of the above.

Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2021, 07:55 PM   #33  

CAS Challenge - Go CASE Yourself! - I want to play!

TLC Challenge - Mini Bendi Card - So cute!

Color Challenge - Rose Awaits by the Seaside for her Navy Man. I am definitely borrowing this color combo even if I can't play tomorrow! I have used blue and pink together often but I never added navy. Beautiful.

I will try to be back to post the Teapot Challenge when it's up. It's only Monday night and it's already been a LONG week.

Please let us know if you have had the chance to play in a challenge this week! I would love to know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2021, 07:58 PM   #34  

The Teapot Challenge is: Send a Smile

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2021, 08:01 PM   #35  

The Watercolor Wednesday Challenge tutorial is abstract florals.

The challenge is experiencing some difficulties so you can find this week's tutorial in the DT card descriptions. I just tried to link the video here but I was unable to do so.

This is Linda's card and you can find the link in her card description.

Brenda's card also has the link in her card description.

Kia has the video linked in her blog.

I say, let's paint no matter what!

Last edited by ohmypaper!; 01-12-2021 at 08:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 03:58 AM   #36  

When I add the correct codes to my cards, I noticed that none of the cards are showing up in the gallery for that challenge. Even when I put the code into the 'search' area, they still do not all show up. That is so frustrating when you want to see and comment on cards in that gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 04:29 AM   #37  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by k dunbrookView Post
When I add the correct codes to my cards, I noticed that none of the cards are showing up in the gallery for that challenge. Even when I put the code into the 'search' area, they still do not all show up. That is so frustrating when you want to see and comment on cards in that gallery.
it is, yes. For TPT we have been encouraging people to make sure to post a link in the challenge thread, and also for WT. It does help some when people include the challenge keyword in the card title, it makes them easier to spot on the gallery home page. But speaking personally, these days I don't often have time to view the gallery that way, I rely on the keywords working.
I think that most people did post on the WT thread, even people who don't normally...but I approved one card during my mod shift yesterday which didn't have the keyword in the title, nor was it linked on the challenge thread. I hope it's fixed soon. It's something Lydia is aware of and it's been reported.
It's hard even to bookmark a challenge thread to come back and check, because chances are the next day the bookmark won't work - which leaves subscribing as the only realistic option.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 08:08 AM   #38  

Thanks Sabrina, I wasn't sure if it was just happening to me or to others.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 07:26 PM   #39  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

This week's Inspiration destination is Tim Holtz's Sizzix Pinterest board.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2021, 07:41 PM   #40  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

The Featured Stamper is DebbieinOC

The CAS Challenge is to stock your stash.
Reply With Quote Likes