Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-17-2017, 07:39 PM   #1  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,381 Likes on 515 Posts
Default Are you a night stamper or a day stamper?

I am most definitely a day stamper, being a morning person. BUT, I cannot sleep tonight and so, for this evening, I am a night stamper. It feels lonely to me, like I am the only person awake in the world LOL! I have Delilah playing on the radio so she is keeping me company. I am sure you night owls have an entirely different perspective of this time. Just curious how others' circadian stamping rhythyms roll.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2017, 09:54 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

My favourite time is probably the morning but work gets in the way of that ;-), and before work is too early for me to feel creative. A really inspiring challenge, if it's posted early, will get me out of bed to get things started, though. Early evening would be my next choice, but by ten in the evening I'm shutting down. And no matter how awake I am, I don't think I've ever stamped during the night.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2017, 11:07 PM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love stamping at night. It's quiet and I don't have distractions and it's relaxing and helps me unwind. DH will often tell me to go cut some paper if I've had a stressful day.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2017, 01:41 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm definitely a night person- I even love working a night shift!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2017, 03:09 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 587 Likes on 240 Posts

I usually stamp in the "dead zone" of my day, after school, before it's time to cook dinner. Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2017, 05:14 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Im a whenever I can steal time from the rest of my life stamper! But my craft table and all my stuff is in our bedroom; along the one wall with windows. Given the location of my table I prefer to stamp between about 1-4pm. Thats when the natural light is best. I have tried all kinds of lightbulbs in my lamp, but none are as good as the real thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2017, 05:19 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Since I seem to have little to no time to create at the moment I would take time anytime of day right now, but if I was given the option of having a creative time, I would say late afternoon early evening.

Right now the getting up at 5:30am for work, getting home from work anytime between 5:30pm -8:00pm, an hour of zumba (working on losing the handles on the love handles ) cooking dinner, making lunches and falling into bed at around 10pm doesn't leave much creative time or creative thought!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2017, 07:12 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm (thankfully) retired! After years of being a night person and having to get up anyway and being sleep deprived, the best, best thing is getting to stay up late and then sleep as long as I want!

I tend to do chores and run errands in the daytime, and then stamp or crochet at night.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2017, 07:21 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

Definitely a day stamper. My studio faces east with two large windows so morning light is plentiful. I usually rise between 5:00 and 6:00 and it is so quiet...well except for the snoring compliments of Mr Noofy..so I just close the studio door! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2017, 09:20 AM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great question! For me it depends on season and day. Often I stamp on a Sunday afternoon, maybe Saturday afternoon if no one else is in the house. I am off in the summer so once in awhile I will stamp any time during the day that the urge strikes.

But for the most part, my favourite time is after supper for an hour or 2. I am a morning person by far, but that is when I do house chores or gardening, etc. I wind up by evening crafting by 8 usually, so I can spend a little time with DH. Bedtime hits early and mornings come early.

It's fun to see what everyone does !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2017, 09:28 AM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a night stamper, which is hard now that my daughter is living in my basement and is working and going to be at 11:00 p.m., just when I usually am done working. So if I decide to stay up late and stamp, I have to use headphones if I am watching Netflix or YouTube and be fairly quiet, and I have to keep things kind of dark, at least until she falls asleep.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2017, 10:07 AM   #12  
Glitter Guru

Received 807 Likes on 528 Posts

I'm definitely a daytime stamper. Usually on the weekends since that darn job/work gets in the way during the week :rolleyes:

I like to stamp after we've had breakfast. DH starts watching his car/garage/fix-it shows on TV and I craft at our dining room table for a couple of hours.

I always have some type of project sitting out on the table so I occasionally tinker with it during the week after dinner.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2017, 10:08 AM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 484 Likes on 304 Posts

Morning person here...and by morning I mean early! So especially in winter, I craft/stamp from 4 till 8 or 9 then do morning chores and exercise (walk). I fade out any time by 9 ish at night though an afternoon nap might allow me to stamp and color through the late news and then bed for a few hours.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2017, 11:08 AM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If I wake up early enough in the morning before work I'll go up to my craft loft. I love my time paper crafting and do sneak it in whenever possible. My husband calls it card-world! Yep, my own little wonderful world.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2017, 11:53 AM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm retired now but when I worked it was always the early shift. So now, I tend to want to stamp early, too. After coffee, though!

I can get a lot done between 9 & 1:00 PM. After that it's downhill real fast. Supper prep, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, then whatever sports DH wants to watch and I watch TV on my laptop. I just can't stamp when it's dark out for some reason. I think my brain is on "pause".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2017, 03:57 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

My DH gets up at 3:30 so he can enjoy coffee and all before he does the shower/shave/dress routine for work. I generally get up either with him or just before he leaves at 4:45, so I have long mornings to do creative things, even if I'm working on any particular day. That's my favorite. If that doesn't happen, though, I'm not opposed to staying up after he goes to bed (early, obviously - 9:00 or so) and playing. It seems that even with all of the available time that I don't do as much (or as often) as I'd like. There are SO MANY things that I'm interested in that I tend to cycle between them. DTGD was AWESOME to dedicate a lot of time to the stamping/cardmaking stuff, but now I'm cycling into some other things. I always come back around, though, lol...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2017, 04:30 PM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
I'm (thankfully) retired! After years of being a night person and having to get up anyway and being sleep deprived, the best, best thing is getting to stay up late and then sleep as long as I want!

I tend to do chores and run errands in the daytime, and then stamp or crochet at night.
Annette, I DO believe we're twins! My family knows not to call me before noon-ish.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2017, 05:50 PM   #18  

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Nighty night time is stampin time! I can stamp all night bc it's open ended, quiet and my mojo emerges at night! My motto is that sleep is highly overrated! Ha!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2017, 07:24 PM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfanView Post
Annette, I DO believe we're twins! My family knows not to call me before noon-ish.
Make that triplets! Everyone knows not to call me in the morning and I stamp, cross stitch and read until the wee hours of the morning. So glad that hubby and I are retired and both of us are night owls!

Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2017, 06:11 AM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 86 Likes on 38 Posts

I was a nighttime stamper, because that's when I could find time. That was for 20+ years. I retired in January, and now I'm a daytime stamper. I have very fond memories of my nighttime stamping, making wedding invitations and wedding programs or preparing for swaps when the house was quiet. Now I have to tell my husband to go hang with his friends at the airport so I can have the house to myself. (He likes it.) I enjoy being alone when I'm creating and making a mess, but I love to sit and color or do some fussy-cutting while we watch movies together. Like someone else said though, I'm pretty dead by 9 PM.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2017, 06:31 AM   #21  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Years ago, my best friend and I would get together every Friday night and cross stitch until the wee hours. She's a night owl, me not so much but it was something we both looked forward to. We switched meeting at her house one week, my house the next, then in 1999 we found scrapbooking...or it found us and instead of x stitching until the wee hours we scrapped.Fast forward to 2017, I'm a widow of 2 years...was "retired" that's what my dh called me and scrapping or stamping til the wee hours is a thing of the past. I am most definitely a day or early evening creator...but I have to come out of "retirement" to earn my keep as SS only covers a portion of my expenses. So crafting may get pushed to the later evenings after work...if I have the mental energy! More than likely my crafting will get done on the weekends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2017, 01:42 PM   #22  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInkView Post
I'm a night stamper, which is hard now that my daughter is living in my basement and is working and going to be at 11:00 p.m., just when I usually am done working. So if I decide to stay up late and stamp, I have to use headphones if I am watching Netflix or YouTube and be fairly quiet, and I have to keep things kind of dark, at least until she falls asleep.
Jan, good thing eyelets aren't the in thing right now.
;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2017, 01:45 PM   #23  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

For some reason I tend to wake up between four and five in the morning. Grab a coffee and come into my craft/office area. Check out the challenge and if I get an idea, I go for it. My window isn't very big though because I have to be out of the house by 7:15 for work.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2017, 04:36 AM   #24  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I like daylight, esp for seeing colors. I too have not found the right light for night time. However...I often do organizational stuff at night while watching tv.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2017, 07:19 AM   #25  
Gallery Gazer

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts

I'm totally a night stamper. Around 10pm to 1:30am. Things I was toying with during the day just seem to 'jell' about that time for me. Then I have to get up to see if my idea works. I usually do my best to stay as quiet as possible (DH gets up a 3:30am for work), and just quietly talk to my cats while I stamp. Once I'm done, I can fall back into bed and sleep the rest of the night with no problem! ;)

Last edited by pepperann; 08-20-2017 at 07:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2017, 09:57 AM   #26  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am definately a late night stamper... that's when I get the creative energy bursts! From about 11pm to 2am seems to be my favorite card making time. It doesn't necessarily jive with my 9-5 work hours though, lol. Why does work always have to interfere with my crafting life! On the weekends every now and then, I'll stay up until 4am if I'm on a roll and then sleep in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2017, 06:05 PM   #27  
Hardware Hotshot

Day time! I am not a night person. I actually got up and made a card for my daughter at 4:30 am this morning! I had to get it done today, so since I woke up I got up and crafted.

Also, my granddaughter learned to ride a two wheeled bike so I made her a card too.

My daughter is a teacher and for about six years I've made a happy new school year card. She displays them all in her classroom.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2017, 02:28 AM   #28  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

AM stamper....I get up about 4:30-5:00 and get a lot of crafting time in before the family awakens. Plus after a good night's sleep I am rip rarin and ready to go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2017, 04:13 AM   #29  
Kookie Creator

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I am a night-time/ early morning stamped, and by that I mean it can easily be 3am before I get to bed. I think it's because I am not a morning person, so after spending the evening with hubby, then I go to my craft room to get creative.
I know I've definitely stayed up too late when I hear the birds start chirping and the first bus of the day rolls past!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2017, 04:31 AM   #30  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Whenever I can fit it in, but prefer daylight hours! Lighting is better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2017, 05:49 AM   #31  
Stampin' Fool

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts

I work full time, and then some, with weekend and evenings often being stolen, so I pretty much can only stamp at night, and then only after I've at least spent an hour or two after supper with my DH, who I never see otherwise. It is a great way to wind down a day, especially if I can create one card start to finish that I can be proud of.

Even when I'm home on stay-cation, I found myself stamping more late afternoons and nights.

And when did eyelets go out of style? eek, I'm a stamping dinosaur. One day I'll have all the cool toys!

Leslie

�The best kind of happiness is a habit you're passionate about.� ~
Shannon L. Alder
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2017, 06:33 AM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 456 Likes on 341 Posts

It depends on the season for me. My craft room is up under the eaves of my house and it gets really hot up there in summer so my only possibility then is early morning. But in fall and winter, I love a long afternoon of crafting.

I usually prep all my pieces, bring them downstairs, and then do colouring and assembling in the evening in front of the TV. I bet I'm not the only stamper who "listens" to TV instead of "watching" TV!

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2017, 08:29 AM   #33  

Quote:

Originally Posted by susanbriView Post

I usually prep all my pieces, bring them downstairs, and then do colouring and assembling in the evening in front of the TV. I bet I'm not the only stamper who "listens" to TV instead of "watching" TV!
I get so distracted by the TV! My stamp space is in our family room where our only TV is and when the family is there, I have to wear headphones with music playing, otherwise the TV distracts me too much to craft. I do not understand why I can listen to music while stamping but I cannot "listen" to the TV. Maybe it is that people talk on TV and that is harder for me to tune out than music.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2017, 08:31 AM   #34  

Quote:

Originally Posted by StamplesView Post

And when did eyelets go out of style? eek, I'm a stamping dinosaur. One day I'll have all the cool toys!
Well, I am a dinosaur right with you then! I just love shopping my stash and being surprised and delighted at what I bought long ago! No matter to me - or the recipient- if it is trendy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2017, 08:34 AM   #35  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen McView Post
I am a night-time/ early morning stamped, and by that I mean it can easily be 3am before I get to bed. I think it's because I am not a morning person, so after spending the evening with hubby, then I go to my craft room to get creative.
I know I've definitely stayed up too late when I hear the birds start chirping and the first bus of the day rolls past!!!!!
That is amazing! Three times I have stayed up till the birds chirped and my eyes felt like sandpaper that whole day. The funny thing is, I stayed up all night when all three of my girls were under 4 years old. Now they are 16, 14, and 12 and I am too tired to do that . Shouldn't I have had less energy when they were little?! Maybe I was used to the lack of sleep.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2017, 10:46 AM   #36  
Kookie Creator

Since hubby and I are retired, he loves my attention and to go places with him during the day, so I love stamping at night with solitude! He is an early to bed guy which works for both of us. Some days he has projects of his own so I can play then too, but mostly, I clean up the mess I made the night before. Ott lights really do help for having great lighting at night. I too have heard the birds chirp several mornings. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2017, 01:27 PM   #37  
Kookie Creator

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I have been disabled and retired for 6 years. I use to stamp in the afternoon when I got home from work. Now, I stamp whenever I want. I have been known to stay in my studio for the entire day, until the wee hours of the night! I love working at night. My mojo seems to come out the best, then. However, I am like Bugga and some of the others. I could be in my studio until 1:30 but know that I can sleep in the next morning. It is really hard for me to tear myself away from my studio!! 😮
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2017, 04:34 PM   #38  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 63 Likes on 27 Posts

I have always been a "night" person and even when I was working full-time would stay up late at night into the wee hours of the morning stamping.

Now that I am retired, I still find that my mojo is better after 10 pm- no matter how hard I try to become a morning person...oh wait, I guess I am a morning person if you count 1 am-6 am stamping in the morning- lol!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2017, 03:15 PM   #39  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

If I try to start earlier in the day...my mojo doesn't rev up until the night owls come out! haha...much to my husband's dismay!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2017, 04:02 PM   #40  
Cardstock Collector

Definitely not a night owl, if I can fit in some card making, I prefer to stamp in the morning
Reply With Quote Likes