Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-22-2011, 05:51 AM   #121  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampindoeView Post
When I attended my first SU Convention in 2003, I was "snubbed" when I tried to swap with a few people. The following years, I gladly swap with "beginners" because (1) I know how hard they are trying , (2) perhaps my card may inspire them and (3)I was a 'beginner" once, too!

I think it would be very hard to designate skill levels.
Please read my entire post before anyone get's upset with me:

I can see that considering a person has a limited amount of opportunities to swap that they would want to swap for cards that fit their style of stamping. Too often we assume that when we make an offer, ask a question, etc. the answer is going to be the one we expect. But, sometimes the offer is just simply no.

I go to an event where we swap ATCs (Artist Trading Cards). I make 80-100 and I swap with anyone who wants to swap with me. Some of the work really speaks to my style while others are so not me. I never let on that I don't care for the ATC and I chat it up about how they did it and thank them. The sad thing is that I only keep maybe 10 of the swaps. I feel bad that I toss them or pull off things I can recyle. But I never ever snub. It's just not my nature.

I'm hoping to go to the SU convention this year and I better start working on being ready for possbile snubs and remember what I said here. I've seen some of the work of the swap cards and I may not measure up but I have my big girl panties on and be ready for it - I hope!:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 06:00 AM   #122  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovian7View Post
Now I'm freaked out about what "quality" supplies means. I have never even seen anything by SU, much less own anything by them and am not even sure if anyone sells SU stuff here. I get my supplies from Joann fabrics and rarely Michael's because it's over an hour away. I use smooth bristol for my cardstock. Buying all the designer cs that I read about here is just not doable when shipping is added on. And I use digi stamps a lot or create my own design - incidentally, the cards I have in the galley with the most comments are the ones I have done my very own thing and aren't even stamped.

I don't think I fit in.

I visted your gallery and you have beautiful work. Unless you participate in a SUO (Stampin' Up! Only) swap I can't see why you wouldn't fit in. SUO swaps require all products to be from SU. A lot of people don't use desinger cs or many of the items we talk about here. It's not necessary to use these things to be an amazing paper crafter.

If I could do what you do I'd have a lot fewer stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 06:10 AM   #123  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by vz5dzhView Post
Wow! I was wondering why there were so many people in the swap group queue this morning. Now I know.
I figured you were going to have a busy morning ;)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 07:10 AM   #124  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

I was warned about "swap snobs" when I went to my first convention. My upline suggested that I swap with anyone and everyone who wanted to swap, and I am so glad she gave me that advice. I got a couple of incredible cards and a lot of good cards. It was well worth my time and that's why I still swap.

That first time I had about 25 cards to swap. Then I worked my way up to 100 or so. Since then, I prefer smaller swaps with a handful of people because it's easier on me to do under 10 than it is to do 100.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 07:25 AM   #125  
Pearl-ExPert

Default What's a SWAP?

Here is a GREAT resource for those folks who are new to swapping and have questions about being a participant, being a host/hostess, etc.

So Ya Wanna Swap Forum - Hostess & Swapper Guidelines & Questions
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 07:55 AM   #126  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I should probably start on swaps for convention NOW!!!!! Cuz that's how long it's going to take me, lol! And if you're going...I'll swap with you...with anyone!!!! I'm sooooo excited!!! Is it July yet, lol!!!!!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #127  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberTruckerView Post
Then you think wrongly.
Forgive me for jumping in here, but I really think you completely misunderstood what stamphappy was saying, to the point of coming away with the exact opposite of what she meant. You seem to have had such a gut reaction to what you think is some sort of snub on your abilities because you don't use the "in" tools.

I don't know why you feel sensitive about not having a die cut machine or not liking copics, but that's not at all what she was saying.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #128  
Stampin' Fool

Ted you are still one of my heros!

Stamp S'More

Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #129  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
I visted your gallery and you have beautiful work. Unless you participate in a SUO (Stampin' Up! Only) swap I can't see why you wouldn't fit in. SUO swaps require all products to be from SU. A lot of people don't use desinger cs or many of the items we talk about here. It's not necessary to use these things to be an amazing paper crafter.

If I could do what you do I'd have a lot fewer stamps!
Thank you! I feel a bit more secure now haha.

If people can handle my style, i would love to join a swap. I'm in a time cruch right now so it's not the best timing. I hope the newbie swap goes well and continues on so i can participate when I have time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2011, 05:34 AM   #130  
Pearl-ExPert

13 people in the newbie/virgins swap so far - YEAY!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2011, 09:41 AM   #131  
Forum Fanatic

Received 444 Likes on 300 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by B'Lou MoonView Post
I'm glad I found this thread before joining a swap... I am a beginner cardmaker who stands in AWE of the fantastic creations in the members gallery. I've never joined a swap because of my skill level. I am not comfortable sending my pitiful creations to any of the SC master cardmakers. My basic skills disappoint even me (regardless of the effort I pour into them), I would rather not disappoint others. I don't know the ins and outs of swaps, but if you find a way to create a beginners level swap, I would consider joining one.

Ohhhh, B'Lou Moon, this makes me sad!! I have only been swapping for about 12 months now and let me tell you this:
It has been a FANTASTIC experience for me!! The lovely women in the swaps are so encouraging and appreciative, even when I don't think my creation is that great.
I have learned so much from them and their generosity with their talents!
It would be a real shame if you missed out on this experience.
I say: Go for it! PM me and I'll let you know who are my favorite hostesses!!
SCS has always impressed me with how friendly and supportive the members are.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2011, 10:33 AM   #132  
Stampin' Fool

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Join us @ Newbie Swap!
Card for a Cause / RMH Swap
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2011, 11:15 AM   #133  
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by darlenemcgView Post
There's always the send a card receive a card thread to join ;)
What a wonderful thread have been on it several times. Just fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2011, 11:17 AM   #134  
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampnana7View Post
Call me naive, but I can't imagine anyone deliberately sending in shoddy work just to get some nice cards in return. I wonder if it's not more like karaoke night. Ever been there? It seems that there's always someone who thinks they can sing really well...when the actual truth is, they couldn't find the tune if it fell on them. When they leave the stage, they seem proud of themselves, totally unaware that everyone in the audience is thinking, "Wow, there's a voice that could curdle milk."

What's my point? Maybe at least some of our stamping friends have the best intentions, but just not enough experience to know what's good and what's not. And as several of you have said, it is really subjective...when is cardstock heavy enough? Does a strip of decorative paper constitute a layer? Is embossing powder an embellishment?

One result of this interesting thread is that I went back and looked through all the cards I've received and saved from swaps, and tried to compare my own work...and I just can't do it objectively. I like what I make...but I know I'm a disaster on karaoke night, so....now I'm scared. And I will think twice before signing up for another swap.
I am sorry to hear that. I hope you will reconsider and join a swap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #135  
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberLady603View Post
I agree, I will think very seriously before I join another swap on this board. I put every thing I have into my cards and feel they should be "acceptable" but who knows? Art is subjective! There are folks here who have certain disabilities and those who just can't afford to have the latest and greatest and I would just hate to think that they are not as welcome to join in as anyone else.
Instead of having a "Beginner" swap, I think that those who expect "perfection" should host "perfectionist" swaps so that it's clear to all that doing your best is not necessarily what the swap is looking for.
I feel like we are all back on a playground where only the cool kids get to play. I like swaps for the fun of interacting with others, no matter their skill level. Joining a swap is a gamble, you never know what you will get but if it was very clear that you were joining a "perfectionist" swap you may not be as disappointed at what you get back.
Sorry for the rant, but I just had to get it off my chest.
Hi Dee long time don't see. I hope you continue to join swaps. I have always loved you cards and I am sure others do and will too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #136  
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2CuteCatsView Post
I have participated in many swaps and hosted a few. I think having levels of swapping according to how good you are is just plain stupid. It would make many people feel like their work is inadequate. You probably would have less people participating.
Okay, I said my piece. Feel free to jump all over me.
Where have you been hiding
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #137  
Insane Embellisher

Default Off Topic - Sort of...

Don't ya just love Bluskys great attitude?! I adore her bookmark swap thread, just 'cuz of her fun 'tude!

(There are so many great people at SCS!)

Last edited by B'Lou Moon; 02-26-2011 at 12:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #138  
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to laurenscraft

Just my opinion on this topic.

I have been stamping for about 10 years or so, cardmaking, scrapping and many other crafts besides. I still do not know it all, or have all the ideas, so my idea of a swap, regardless of the level, is that I will be getting another person's ideas to add to mine, as well as other techniques. I am sure that I would learn something from any swap as I feel every participant would.

There is at present a 'newbie' swap, which I do think is a great idea for people who have never swapped before and worry that thier items are not good enough. I believe that every card made is more than good enough as the person who made it did so with love and the skills they possess.

Most people say that I make great cards, but I (like many about their own work) am not always sure. Everyone is different, that's how the world is made. I would be very pleased to receive any card in a swap. If cards do not meet the requiredments of the swap, perhaps it is the job of the hostess to let the maker know.

I am a relative newbie to this site and have signed up for my first three swaps, I can't wait!! And while I wait, the great thing is that each swap forum is filled with chatty, friendly people. It has been a very heartwarming experience being such a sharing, caring environment.

My Blog and My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #139  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddesignsView Post
I'm seeing two separate ideas emerge here. Some people are disappointed with sloppy cards that didn't follow the swap rules, and others (a minority) seem truly disappointed when receiving cards from "novice" stampers who are still developing their skills.

I've never swapped, so forgive me for my ignorance. But isn't there a hostess who collects and distributes cards? If someone sends in a card that is clearly not up to the swap rules, why is the hostess sending them out to others in the swap? Shouldn't that be part of the job - to enforce the basic rules of the swap?
Thats exactly what i was thinking. Most hostess say in the requirements 2 layers, good quality paper, 1 embellisment and such. They also usally all state send in what you would be proud to recieve, or send to family or others.

so it would be the hostess's job to weed through the cards and if there were any dont SLOPPY, simply return them to the swapper with a note stating why it wasnt included in the swap.

Example: lets say it followed all the guidlines as far as good paper, layers, embellishment, but the image was smudged and distored, then its the hostess's job to say something to that swapper.

I'm sure they would appreciate the constructive critisism.

On another note i dont think swapping by skill level would work out, i think alot of people have fun swapping and would stop if it came down to that. They do it to gain new ideas, learn new techniques. I feel alot of people would be offended if they got judged by skill level, as swapping gains them new experience.

i know i for one have learned alot from swapping, and my level of experince grows with each swap i do. I certainly dont send anything i am not proud of. If it looks crappy, i start from scratch until its perfect.

I feel if the card is not up to your standards, donate it, recycle what you can off it and get some use off it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2011, 09:23 PM   #140  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
Still a problem because then you don't get back the number of cards you should. I'm not making a certain number just to end up getting shorted because someone didn't follow the rules, which again, is not a hard thing to do:-)
gettin shorted would only happen if the swappers would be less then the card requirement.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #141  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by quirky62View Post
To Rubber Trucker,

I'm sorry that you think my post sounds snobby. I really didn't mean it to be. Sometimes, it's difficult when you are writing, because your 'tone' can be miscontrued.

In regard to your question of 'quality', well, it's nice if the cardstock is high quality and, if the card is neat, well-put together, and the colors and design are well coordinated. For me, those qualities make a good card.

If I've discouraged any beginners from entering swaps, that was not my intention at all. I guess, I was voicing my frustration over receiving swap cards that, in the past, have been sloppy and not well thought out.

-
And there you have it...we are all different and have different ideas. Even different ideas about what makes a quality card. For you, these qualities make a good card. I have received cards back where I have thought, WOW! I would have never put those colors together and they look FANTASTIC! Or, look at all those layers, or this layout is crazy and I LOVE IT! Or, what a fantastic embellishment...never would have used it, now I need to find some! Different styles, different levels, we are not all the same. That's part of the fun!

And I cannot even begin to tell you how many wonderful and supportive friends I have made on SCS. Wouldn't give them up ever!!!

"Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death."

"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

Last edited by dweatter; 02-26-2011 at 09:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #142  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

To Rubber Trucker,

I'm sorry that you think my post sounds snobby. I really didn't mean it to be. Sometimes, it's difficult when you are writing, because your 'tone' can be miscontrued.

In regard to your question of 'quality', well, it's nice if the cardstock is high quality and, if the card is neat, well-put together, and the colors and design are well coordinated. For me, those qualities make a good card.

If I've discouraged any beginners from entering swaps, that was not my intention at all. I guess, I was voicing my frustration over receiving swap cards that, in the past, have been sloppy and not well thought out.

-
Just my opinion, but from what I have read, I would not join any swaps where my work would be judged in this manner. I do not join swaps to be "judged" by others as "inferior" and "beneath" others standard of work. For a beginner, they have to start somewhere. And for many of us, me included, being in a group of talented people is just what is needed to build skill and confidence. I enjoy so many groups and blogs and not once has any of these "especially" talented people ever put their work above others. On the contrary, it has been always praise for the work, effort, and "individual" talent put into a project. Thank you for reiterating for me why I am very careful of any swap that I "might" decide to join.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 04:26 AM   #143  
Pearl-ExPert

Had a demo who hosted swaps here on SCS. She spent a lot of time as the hostess and clearly stated that the stamped images should not have marks from the sides of the stamp, cardstock should have clean cuts, matting should be straight,layer and embellishment requirements, etc (of course unless torn edges, ragged edges are the designs and such). She did return cards to the swapper if the card did not meet the swap requirements with a note that the cards did not meet requirements and let them know exactly which requirements. If there was time they could resubmit after making changes. If there was not enough time, the hostess had some other cards she made which fit the swap requirements and she replaced the returned cards with her extra supply. She did not want her swappers to be disappointed with not getting the established number of cards back.

As I said she spent a lot of extra time to host her swap and wanted everyone to have a good time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 07:08 AM   #144  
Swapper of the Month January 2012

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

In the past, I have participated in card swaps. I no longer do so because of the unreliability factor- the cards I receive represent a variety of card-making skill levels. I experience frustration when I receive cards that are well below the standards of my own.

Now, I know, here on this website, we have papercrafters of all skill and experience levels. So, why not, then, set up the swaps in a way that people of 'like' skill and experience swap with one another?

Designated levels like, 'beginner', 'intermediate' and 'advanced' could be assigned to the various swaps. Along with this, either pictures of cards and/or explanations of just what it means to be in a certain level, would be supplied.

What do you all think of this idea?
I think if we designated skill levels for swaps, no one would ever join the intermediate and advanced swaps because I, for one, would never assume my cards are at that level. I think we would lose tons of new swappers due to the intimidation factor. That's not what we want here. At least that's not what I want. Yes, they should follow the rules of the swap concerning CS and embellies but who would judge which cards meet beginning, intermediate, or advanced standards???? I think it's the wrong road to go down. We want to encourage all crafters-new and experienced-not discourage them from joining us.

Goals for 2015 50 scrapbook pages/50 cards---progress 35/50 cards
Complete my daughter's wedding scrapbook album
Spend more time enjoying my friends and not so much time obsessing on work!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 08:05 AM   #145  
Ted
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvaCView Post
Ted you are still one of my heros!
Sorry, I'm just now checking this thread again...for some reason, it wasn't showing up in my subscriptions.

Thanks for the kind words, Eva... I didn't want you thinking I was snubbing you!

Inkterior Design - Thanks for checking out my blog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 10:36 AM   #146  
SCS Swap Moderator

Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you are going to get. Yes you still buy it. In a box of chocolate we may not love every piece of candy but, we don’t spit it out or throw it away. Swaps are very similar. Not every card is the dark chocolate of my desire but the people in the swaps are the cherished friends I have made here. Who have held their breaths with me when Breast cancer came knocking at my door. Who sent me cards and post cards. Who worried about my DD and DH.

I don’t think there is a card here that I can’t find beauty in. I find beauty in everything I see. In every person, place or thing. So how could I ever stand in judgment of any ones creations? That is why it is called a creation. It belongs to them. They have shared it with us. As far as levels. I don’t think that people would end up it the level they are supposed to be in. People are much too hard on themselves and other even harder on them. Nothing good could come of this. We all have free choice. We can join a swap not join a swap. Create a swap using invites only, Create a perfectionist swap. That is the beauty of free choice. But for me seeing people grow in their creations and listening to them say I don’t think that this card is great while the rest of us stand stunned at the beauty of it is why I am here.

I encourage the people who have never joined a swap to do so. It sadness me to see you post that you will never join a swap. Why miss out on this experience? Try it and if it is not for you then at least you gave it a whirl. Try something new at least once. There is so much out there that awaits us that we have yet to try. We grow as individuals with every new experience.

Wishing you all a great week and a lifetime of happiness.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #147  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 267 Likes on 205 Posts

After being snubbed at a in-person swap (and quite rudely I might add), I had my hesitations about joining any more swaps at all...but then I came to SCS and tried one out...to my delight and surprise the hostess made a big fuss about my cards which shot my level of confidence right to the sky...(I'll never be able to repay this sweetie), she encouraged me to join other swaps she hosted as well as some that she was in and personally recommended me to a couple...I am so grateful as I now enjoy swapping and all the cards I am getting back. Great new ideas....tons of new friends...great love and support...a whole new world opened the day I joined her swap and I truly believe she changed my life for the better...so don't be afraid to join a swap...there are many out there who are just starting and all of us had to start somewhere..each swap I have done has provided new ideas and has challenged me to do better and better...try new tools and to feel better about myself...

~~~Some girls are just born with glitter in their veins...~~~

BRAK member

http://lostinmycraftroom.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #148  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by momcgwView Post
After being snubbed at a in-person swap (and quite rudely I might add).
I just don't understand this!!!! Even if I *did* think a card was ugly, I could NEVER snub a swapper in person!!!! And chances are I don't think I'd find anyone's card ugly anyway, there is usually at least one element that I like in a card:-) But seriously, people can be so mean!!!!! I'm a bit nervous about this as I've never swapped in person and I'm going to convention for the first time this year. I think I'd cry if someone snubs me, I'm so over sensitive:-) Oh well...and like I've said before, I probably should have started working on my swap cards last year to get enough done, lol!!!!!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 03:24 PM   #149  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I can perfectly understand guidelines to be listed: "Please use a cardstock of 70 lb or higher for a stronger card", "Please make sure your score line is a crisp, defined fold", "Please refrain from having smudges or dirt on your submission."

But saying, "Please use good cardstock for your base" is like saying, "Please review a good movie." "Good" is subjective. "70 lb. cardstock or heavier" is not subjective.

I totally agree with this.

Personally, I don't think it makes any sense to have skill levels for swaps. But I do think it makes sense to have specific requirements. For instance, I see posts all the time asking what qualifies as an embellishment. So hostesses shouldn't assume that general, non specific terms like "quality" and "embellishment", are going to be understood and followed by everyone.

I suppose if hostesses wanted to firm up the rules on participation, they could adjust the duration of swaps so that they have time to return items that are not within their requirements. Giving the sender the option to resubmit cards that do fit the requirements. I have a feeling though, that this would cause quite a lot of bad feeling, and that hostesses would not enjoy it at all.

I think the best that can be done is to be more specific in the instructions at the outset. I mean, if someone thinks that PP can be used for a card base, or copy paper can be used for a stamped image swap, it seems to me that the instructions should specify more accurately what paper needs to be used. for each particular swap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 04:18 PM   #150  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,294 Likes on 2,481 Posts

this is a very interesting read in this thread.......................... and any of you can come and join any of my swaps--I would love to have any of your creations!!

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #151  
Crimping Master

I agree with the OP, but also agree that this could never really be implemented.

I'm going to try to put into words how I feel about swaps but I`m sure I`ll sounds like I`m blabbing, lol . When I first started stamping 11 years ago just about anything wowed me. I couldn't believe all the talent that was out there. But as my experience level grows I find I'm not getting wowed as easily.

When a fairly new stamper participates in a swap they're more likely to be wowed and really eager to join another swap. But I think some of the more experienced stampers are still hoping to be wowed too. It's not that beginner cards aren't nice, they are! But it's usually something that doesn't wow the experienced stamper because they`re past that level.

But I also think that it would probably never work to have an "open" swap based on levels. I personally have a few stampers that I stalk that I could only dream of having half their vision (Amy Scheffer, Laurie Schmidlin!), I would love to be in a swap with them, but I realize that my work isn't as good as theirs. So they would be the ones who didn't really get wowed and I'd be the one absolutely floored!

I personally think the only way to control more aspects of a swap are to be asked to join a Private Invitation swap group, I was asked a while back to join one and I`m still kicking myself for declining, life has been busy and I hope that things will slow down for me at the end of 2011!

I do think that hostesses should feel free to send back swaps that CLEARLY are not following the swap guidelines!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #152  
Die Cut Diva

any swaps i host are open to all kinds of stampers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #153  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by samswindleView Post
I think if we designated skill levels for swaps, no one would ever join the intermediate and advanced swaps because I, for one, would never assume my cards are at that level. I think we would lose tons of new swappers due to the intimidation factor. That's not what we want here. At least that's not what I want. Yes, they should follow the rules of the swap concerning CS and embellies but who would judge which cards meet beginning, intermediate, or advanced standards???? I think it's the wrong road to go down. We want to encourage all crafters-new and experienced-not discourage them from joining us.
Second what Sam said; I'd never assume I was good enough for intermediate or advanced. Who would be the judge? All swaps should be open to all stampers, and everyone should follow the rules.
Reply With Quote Likes