Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to purchase?

One goal I have this year is to participate in some of the swaps and challenges. However, most of the swaps say please use a certain type of card stock SU/GinaK/PTI and several are specific to a certain stamp maker like Mo Manning, whipper snapper....etc. I'd love to add to my collection and I see where I can shop and purchase online. My question is, are there Non-online stores where I can go to purchase some of these products? I'm more of I have to see it in person girl.

I should add I live in rural NC and the closest Michaels (which I know doesn't carry these items) is 30 miles away.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks all.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3serrinaView Post
One goal I have this year is to participate in some of the swaps and challenges. However, most of the swaps say please use a certain type of card stock SU/GinaK/PTI and several are specific to a certain stamp maker like Mo Manning, whipper snapper....etc. I'd love to add to my collection and I see where I can shop and purchase online. My question is, are there Non-online stores where I can go to purchase some of these products? I'm more of I have to see it in person girl.

I should add I live in rural NC and the closest Michaels (which I know doesn't carry these items) is 30 miles away.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks all.
There may be some local scrapbooking/papercraft stores that sell these brands, but I haven't seen them in my city, which is the state capital and a large city.

I think you will only find them online. With SU, you could find a local demo though.

We have a large superstore Joanns, several Michaels and 5 Hobby Lobbys, and I've never seen these brands there.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe PTI and Gina K you can only get through their websites. Or used on their forums or SCS forums.

SU you can get through a demonstrator or shop online (without a demonstrator, you pay a little more though).

Archiver's carries many companies (paper Smooches, Lawn Fawn, Stampin' Bella, and limited stock of some smaller companies), but otherwise your best bet is likely shopping online if you don't have a local stamp store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2013, 03:00 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think what the swap rules are trying to say regarding certain brands of paper is to use quality paper rather than the very flimsy inexpensive papers you can get at Michael's, Walmart, etc.

Gina K, PTI and SU's cardstocks are very sturdy and make much nicer card bases. Bazzill might be the only option from Michael's though, and although it's a nice paper for layers, it's kind of flimsy for card bases. Maybe visit an office supply or paper supply store and see what kind of sturdy cardstock they carry for your card base, and go from there.
HTH.
Reply With Quote Likes