Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-08-2019, 09:05 AM   #41  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Usually, I just lurk and read, but this discussion compelled me to comment because I know there are probably some design manufacturers who are reading as well.
I just canceled two different monthly kits because there was s run of cutesy images. Also, I am not a colorist, so unless an image looked good without coloring, I would pass on those as well.
What I love are a variety of images, that have sentiments to go with them. But, many of the scripty sentiments of late are very hard to read, and I am a collector of fonts, but if I can’t figure it out, neither will those who it is being sent to.
I also love different sized sentiments that can be used in different ways, a card, a Tag, a package, within the same set. And, I love serious, lovely, silly, or even “punny” sentiments, but not ones that go against my Christian Faith.
In addition to those mentioned, I buy from MayMay, Divinity Designs and SU. Blessings, Darby
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 09:08 AM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts

One of my favorite stamp sites I haven't seen mentioned yet is Stampscapes. http://www.stampscapes.com/home.html They were some of my very first purchases 30 some odd years ago, when I used to decorate my envelopes (I had no idea about card making until 2½ yrs. ago). They have lots of videos as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 09:11 AM   #43  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarbyWView Post
But, many of the scripty sentiments of late are very hard to read, and I am a collector of fonts, but if I can’t figure it out, neither will those who it is being sent to.
I agree! I have trouble reading most of the latest ones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 09:17 AM   #44  
Glitter Queen

Default I like Whimsy & Clearly Whimsy Stamps, Gerda is not bad

especially Halloween stamps. The Creepy Clowns is awesome; also the Psycho Kid. The Creepy Teddy Bears are great, too. The one's from this year's Halloween are just coming out. SSS usually carries them.

I thought I must have been the only one who couldn't figure out why everyone is selling way too cutesy animals and stuff. I've quit buying kits because of them.

Florals too - how many flowers does one actually need? I keep wondering what I would like, but with all the over-saturation of what I don't like, it is very hard to say what I would buy at this point.

I would love a set of winter holiday, sans "christmas" - Yule specifically. I emailed Hero Arts about the lack of winter stamps for non-christmas people, but no, once again, Yule has been left out.

Thanks for speaking up about the subject!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 09:46 AM   #45  
Glitter Queen

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I am a Tim Holtz/Wendy Vecchi/Dina Wakely/Brutus Monroe addict. And Carabelle is another favorite. Especially for backgrounds and stamps that can be mixed and matched.

I have stamps from a number of companies but I find that, after a while, I grow tired of the style and stop buying. I attribute this to my “growth” as opposed to their preferences. To each their own, KWIM?

However, I am totally in agreement about tiny teeny cute and avoid sets I might otherwise buy if it is populated with sloths, unicorns, whatever animal of the month is popular! And the humongous number of layering florals irritate me too...the options for their use seem to me to be very limited. As for the snarky ones - why should I make cards that insult someone, or offends with “bad” language?

As for companies that are no more...I miss PSX...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 10:27 AM   #46  
Cardstock Collector

I love Unity Stamp Company because they have something for everyone. Different designers and styles. And because they make them as they are ordered, you can get designs that are current or several years old. I have a couple of others like Gina K and Altenew , but only buy a few from those companies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 10:47 AM   #47  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 659 Likes on 442 Posts

I'm a Penny Black girl and they have a lot of variety -- from cutesy to florals to scenery to everything. I like the variety. But I also buy from many other companies and, as someone mentioned before, I have young grands so I still buy the cutesy for them. Now that the kids are starting to hit teens though (oh no how did that happen?), I will probably start looking for other types of images. As always, the only rule in crafting is do what you enjoy not what's popular. Your family and friends will love it simply because you made it especially for them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 11:03 AM   #48  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not one cutesy animal stamp. I do not care for them and assume my adult friends will not either. That being said, I am expecting my first grandchild in six months and maybe I will go crazy for them?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 11:06 AM   #49  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancingpurplecatView Post
One of my favorite stamp sites I haven't seen mentioned yet is Stampscapes. http://www.stampscapes.com/home.html They were some of my very first purchases 30 some odd years ago, when I used to decorate my envelopes (I had no idea about card making until 2½ yrs. ago). They have lots of videos as well.

YES! I was totally going to mention Stampscapes and forgot. I started collecting "A Stamp in the Hand" stamps, older ones have similar images because the Stampscapes owner used to design for them. Love landscapes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 11:15 AM   #50  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatyankView Post
As for companies that are no more...I miss PSX...

Me too!! I wish PSX was bought out by another crafter lead business instead of Dunkan Enterprises or whatever corporation it was. Inkadinkadoo bought some of the PSX images, but sadly not the botanicals, which they were famous for, or some of the other popular designs. Thank goodness I still have a good collection of PSX, which has a place of honor in my craft room.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 12:09 PM   #51  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

To what the OP said, yes, I have to admit that I wasn't a fan of the "cutesy animal images" everywhere. Seemed like every month it was the same animals- wearing masks for Halloween, holding candy canes for Xmas, with flowers for spring, etc etc. Definitely feels a bit like overkill.

That said, I did just cave and buy one set to try!:rolleyes:

Among some of the companies mentioned with fresh ideas, I've fallen in love with The Stamp Market. Her releases are so modern and fun, and very versatile. Hopefully placing my first order with her in the next week or so.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 01:54 PM   #52  
Cardstock Collector

I like Stampscapes, Altenew, and Power Poppy stamps. I have all the botanicals from PSX. I love florals.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 04:30 PM   #53  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

I think there are way too many florals and tiny, cutesy animals. People without faces just creep me out. I understand that maybe the companies are trying to make the people more open to various cultural interpretations but at least give them eyes so they have a soul.

I would like something different in the stamp world but I cannot say what that is because it seems like just about every possible theme is represented somewhere. I like unique, whimsical stamps. So many stampers with so many interests must make stamp designers crazy when coming up with something new each month!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 11:16 PM   #54  
Polyshrink Goddess

I absolutely love cutesy animal stamps and Gerda Steiner is my new obsession along with Paper Smooches and Lawn Fawn. I do like other kinds but the cutesy ones will win me over every time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 09:29 AM   #55  
Compulsive Stamper

Wow! This thread was listed in the occasional email from splitcoast, and I just love it for all the companies y'all are listing! Personally, I'm not a huge cutesy animal stamp person, but the occasional one works...ex., an otter one I found somewhere... I am more of a realistic animal stamp lover. I make few cards these days and am more into coasters--typically with more realistic scenes/pics/etc. I have a few companies I frequent-- (old) Stampin' Up, Divinity Designs (was Our Daily Bread Designs) and most recently Sweet'n'Sassy stamps. I love all of the companies listed in the previous posts....I may have some new favorites soon! Thanks for such a great thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 10:10 AM   #56  
Cardstock Collector

Default Cutesy...and how often can you use them?

I agree that there seems to be an over-saturization of cutesy stamps and dies. I love them, but rarely buy them because most of them can only be used once or twice. I have six great-nieces and nephews, so I could use each one six times and then no more. So I always look for cutesy ones that would appeal to adults as well, trying to think of ways to incorporate a little adult humor into them. I have spent sooooo much money on this craft, so lately I ask myself how much use I will get out of each purchase.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 10:18 AM   #57  
Cardstock Collector

Default One More Thing...

I forgot to list some of my favorites: Gina K, The Ton, AlteNew, Katzelcraft, Lavinia Stamps, Tim Holtz, Penny Black, Deep Red, and occasionally I find some great stamps from Australia, France, England - but they don't always ship to the US, or are very pricey.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 11:30 AM   #58  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 77 Likes on 41 Posts

I'm loving this conversation. A few months back I went a little bonkers and bought 4 sets of Gerda Steiner animal stamps and also the dies. The dies make the little animals so much easier to use. Aside from the very astute observation that was made as to WHO is buying these and what phase of life they are in, I think THIS is a big reason why the animal push. To sell the dies too. I mean, Lawn Fawn blazed the trail on this. Others want to walk that walk now. Just my 2 cents. ;-) xoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 03:24 PM   #59  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

Love Katzelcraft as well...these animals are just quirky enough to make me smile! Same for Tim Holtz's Crazy Birds...they still make me laugh & since none of my friends are stampers, they are new to them!
Does anyone remember "Harry the Hare?" Big sorrowful looking rabbit that I have "dressed" up with nurse's cap, graduation cap, birthday hat, etc. for years...he is just too cool! I too, am really done looking at the little silly/cute stamps for which I've never had an interest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 07:30 PM   #60  
Stampin' Fool

Received 35 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarbyWView Post
Usually, I just lurk and read, but this discussion compelled me to comment because I know there are probably some design manufacturers who are reading as well.
I just canceled two different monthly kits because there was s run of cutesy images. Also, I am not a colorist, so unless an image looked good without coloring, I would pass on those as well.
What I love are a variety of images, that have sentiments to go with them. But, many of the scripty sentiments of late are very hard to read, and I am a collector of fonts, but if I can’t figure it out, neither will those who it is being sent to.
I also love different sized sentiments that can be used in different ways, a card, a Tag, a package, within the same set. And, I love serious, lovely, silly, or even “punny” sentiments, but not ones that go against my Christian Faith.
In addition to those mentioned, I buy from MayMay, Divinity Designs and SU. Blessings, Darby

Darby, Have you tried Our Daily Bread? They have lots of Christian stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 07:35 PM   #61  
Stampin' Fool

Received 35 Likes on 6 Posts

Have to confess -- I love cutesy animals. I love silly and punny. I also love flowers and layered flowers. Love strange and quirky too sometimes. But I do like grown up images too. I think I go through phases. In the 90s I really liked the very realistic, engraved types of images. Things like PSX. But I'm less drawn to that now. In another ten to twenty years, I may go back to liking those. It also depends on the application.

I do agree that small images can be a challenge to work with on cards. It requires extra skill to fill up all that space.

There are so many companies out there. There's something for everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2019, 03:40 PM   #62  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

So funny...I just logged on tonight to lament the plethora of releases from every major stamp company and I found this thread!
I can say I have a few cutsey animal stamps, mainly due to Stacey Yacula (love her work) but I was about to say enough! with the cutesy. And I don't want to hurt any who love those types of stamps.
I like Unity stamps images and I have many! But rarely use their sentiments because they are kind of off for some reason...either the font is strange or the phrases are strange or both...
I am also of the age where tiny just doesn't cut it anymore...my eyes can't see to color them or I just plain lose them once their stamped and die cut.

But on top of all that is the sheer number of stamps, dies, stencils, pastes, embellishments, and whatever else I didn't say that is released each month. My goodness! Even if I like some of it, I end up so mind boggled that I don't buy anything. And then when I finally decided I might like some of it, it's sold out. I have learned that those card designers are awesome at selling the product because they make it look so dang easy! yet I when I get the same products my outcome isn't anything like theirs!!
Has anyone noticed that most of what is released is just a little different version of what you already have? I see some of the Christmas trees that are really simple and I have some almost just like them from 2012! The pattern may be tweaked but seriously, I think if we really shopped our stash more, we'd find we don't need all the new stuff. And I'm not trying to drive anyone out of business at all, i love this industry BUT...there has to be a point at which I say..."I have enough"...well maybe I can get just a teeny bit more. I do love to shop for it all...

And another thing I've noticed is that by the time I get it in the mail, it's not as enticing as it was when I drooled over it on the internet!

Maybe what we need is therapy for our retail therapy...anyone?:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2019, 04:50 PM   #63  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I no longer buy things when they are first released (with rare exceptions). I generally wait a month or two or six or twelve and see if I still think I "need" it. I have wish lists on several sites that I love and if/when those items go on sale I re-assess my desire for said item. I'm often amazed at how much my desire has waned in the intervening months...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2019, 05:08 PM   #64  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
I no longer buy things when they are first released (with rare exceptions). I generally wait a month or two or six or twelve and see if I still think I "need" it. I have wish lists on several sites that I love and if/when those items go on sale I re-assess my desire for said item. I'm often amazed at how much my desire has waned in the intervening months...
I can honestly say that I have used maybe 5% of what I have purchased. I think I will have time and rarely do...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2019, 06:27 PM   #65  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 76 Likes on 26 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by quirky62View Post
or at least slow down?

The over saturation of cutesy animal stamps that are offered monthly is, IMHO, very tedious and uninspiring. How many variations of penguins, bunnies, polar bears, etc., does one need! I continually search for stamp companies that introduce fresh, thoughtful and inspiring images and I’ve been lucky to find some, but there are so many others that stick to the same animal themes month after month after month. I can only assume that they are making profits, people must be purchasing them, yes?

The company’s that interest me are The Greetery, Ink to Paper, Hero Arts, Spellbinders, Colorado Stamp Company, The Stamp Market and Concord & 9th. What about you guys? Which ones appeal to you?

This post was not intended to hurt anyone’s feelings but to share and learn from my fellow crafters and stamp collectors with ‘tongue in cheek humor’ what their stamping preferences may be.
You forgot to add Hedgehogs!
I have only one craft store near me which does “card classes.” Unfortunately,
ALL classes are like the above, with the animals having eye lashes bigger and longer than any female. Seriously?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2019, 04:14 AM   #66  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts
Default company correction

I think I said I got sets from Katzlekraft that were actually AALL & Create-a new company to me. (bunnies and owls)

I may have missed it but we also need to consider WHO we are sending cards to. Often it is children.... so no surprise we are doing cute.

That old saying "there's nothing new under the sun"....often true. How many ways can one design trees for example?

Boy those creepy clowns and psycho kid at Whimsy are scary to me! :shock::smile:But I had gotten the candles because those were different to me.

Unfortunately I think the "unique" sets get buried in the pile of what is familiar. You have to dig around the whole site. I have come to realize mfgs just really DONT show you every single thing they release and/or maybe I missed it.

Jillian Vance comes out with stuff I dont see everywhere.

I like Lawn Fawn for their innovative interactives. Then I can put whatever image I want on them. I am very attracted to things I can clearly use many ways.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2019, 02:26 PM   #67  
Gallery Gazer

Received 178 Likes on 119 Posts

I haven’t totally read through every post in this thread, but if you are looking for realistic looking animals
Stampin’ Up, has a fewNature’s Beauty - deer, fox, rabbit
Merry moose- moose, Raccoon
Playful penguins
All above in Holiday Catty

These from annual Catalogue
Happy Tails- dogs
Nine lives -cats
Wildly happy- panda, elephant, rabbit, fox
Free as a bird
Peaceful place- squirrel

Anyhow just in case you’re looking for something these are pretty realistic some might be borderline plus I think there are a few others in the Catty that would qualify.
Personally I like a mix of both depending on what I am making

When you look in the card stores they have lots of cute the animal stuff too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2019, 04:36 AM   #68  
Proud Fan Club Member

That's a very good point Doris. There is a LOT of cute in the card racks at the stores for their own designs. Real is a small percentage. Maybe in love with couples on the beach or something.

There are companies who specialize in B&W stock pics with snarky comments.

I wonder why-because it is what we buy or cheaper to make? Or both?
I have never been a fan of commercial artwork...too simplistic for me esp for something I am paying for-I could get a kid to draw as well (or me lol)...now that I stamp I am REALLY critical of it. I guess it is easier to produce-simpler printer plate to make.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2019, 11:49 PM   #69  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Let me ask you guys this. If they moved away from the cute outline/color in animals to serious real looking ones....would you really buy them? Those are not easy to color. What animals would you want to see? I got a huge deer and rabbit this year that are huge and scaring me to pieces from hobby art. I am not making right now so they sit there, staring at me....lol
Oh my gosh yes, yes, yes I would buy realistic animals. I really love animals. I but all sorts of animals- realistic, cutesy, gothic, etc.... The majority of my stamp collection are animals.

I can't even say which ones I would want a trend of. I am not a trend stamper. I buy what I love kind of stamper, lol. I do love birds.

On the topic of floral stamps that was commented on earlier- I love flowers. I admit I am enjoying seeing all the new floral stamps. I do like lots of different flowers from art, cutesy to realistic. I am famous for mixing and matching my flowers when I create. I would love some more realistic flowers. I really was appreciative when Tim started releasing dies of realistic flowers.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2019, 11:54 PM   #70  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post

I wait two or more years for trends, lol. I didn't buy my Fuse for like two years. It took forever for me to buy the ScannCut. I am just thinking about maybe, probably not, getting the Cricut Maker, lol. I bought my Heidi Swapp Fuse when they stopped producing it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2019, 01:33 PM   #71  
Proud Fan Club Member

DeeAnn
If you want I can point you in the direction of flowers. I have a large collection. I like variety-so I like to get ones I dont have yet. I just got something I had not even heard of called Sky Flowers from AALL and Create. I looked them up-they are a real thing. Anyway PM me.

Animals-people have pointed to a bunch up there. Birds are just everywhere. We can talk that too.

I dont want to take up space on this thread doing that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2019, 10:25 PM   #72  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

I love a cute critter stamp as much as the next stamper but I agree that there seem to be just be too many of them. What this does is limit the choices, once you have enough cute stamps. When every new release, by every stamp company, is only filled with cute images it doesn't give enough variety.

I began my stamp collection years ago, when most stamps were rubber (except for the few foam mounted ones..and even those had rubber images). Most of my early stamps were either realistic designs, or cutesy country-style images. I bought a lot of realistic animal images on unmounted rubber and wood mounted...and still have those. I find them easy enough to color, by just using one or two shades of ink and following the detailed shading that is already part of the image. They're actually easier than the cartoon outline images that are popular today.

So..cute critters, or realistic...I love them all. I want variety though, so not every company's new releases look exactly alike!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2019, 04:32 AM   #73  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

Oh dear, I have to confess to buying a "cute critter" set that isn't Paper Smooches, despite what I said earlier.

BUT...

I did a lot of consideration about this one. I think the fact that the set is about books (for the librarian-type in me) and gives me the option to change the "coffee" to "tea" in the sentiments made this set a game-changer for me. Animals in glasses with books...and with mugs...sitting on stacks of books...or peeking from behind a mug...it was irresistible.

I think uniqueness makes them popular, rather than sameness.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2019, 06:43 AM   #74  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51View Post
Oh dear, I have to confess to buying a "cute critter" set that isn't Paper Smooches, despite what I said earlier.

BUT...

I did a lot of consideration about this one. I think the fact that the set is about books (for the librarian-type in me) and gives me the option to change the "coffee" to "tea" in the sentiments made this set a game-changer for me. Animals in glasses with books...and with mugs...sitting on stacks of books...or peeking from behind a mug...it was irresistible.

Is it this one by any chance?
Waffle Flower BOOKS AND COFFEE Clear Stamp Set 271132* at Simon Says STAMP!

I’m not a cute animal stamper but the bird with the cup on the books floats my boat. And the glasses on the bear and the leaning rabbit...

I can’t picture who I’d send a card to with them other than one person. Though if small enough the bird+books could be part of a Gina K. wreath like a tiny wonky cat and an even tinier bird have been.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2019, 07:54 AM   #75  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts

Quote:

BUT...

I agree, Diane. I bought a set from Newton's Nook with their cute cat in several poses with books; these images appeal to both the animal lover and reader in me. And being a member of a book club gives me plenty of opportunity to make cards for adults with this set, as well as for my book-loving DGD.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 03:23 AM   #76  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

BUT...

(Holding up hand) I like reading themes and am thrilled there has been a bunch of them in the past couple years. Good for kids/school, people who read, etc. I know everyone is on kindles now, but I am still a physical book lover and I promote that in tiny ways like this. I have also gotten science and specifically geek themes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2019, 11:43 PM   #77  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
DeeAnn
If you want I can point you in the direction of flowers. I have a large collection. I like variety-so I like to get ones I dont have yet. I just got something I had not even heard of called Sky Flowers from AALL and Create. I looked them up-they are a real thing. Anyway PM me.
Thank you I found that thread about flowers. Lots of wonderful ideas.

I saw your post about book themes and Kindle. I am still a physical book girl too. I do have a Kindle but love my physical books.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2019, 11:30 AM   #78  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm just hopping in here to save this thread. You all have listed a bunch of favorite companies - most of whom I have never heard. I'll go take a look. Enablers, all of you! :-)

Live each day with kindness, happiness, and a smile.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2019, 11:10 PM   #79  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by javagirl984View Post
I have to say that most of the stamps being released no longer appeal to me. I've been collecting stamp sets and paper crafting supplies for about 20 years so I have mostly any kind of stamp there is. I have several of the cutesy animal sets. Any new releases look the same as the old to me. But honestly, I'm also tired of all the floral sets. I do get emails from various stamp companies and they are either releasing floral sets or cutesy animals. The floral sets all the look the same to me. With that said, my bank account thanks me because I'm not buying many stamp sets these days.

Same here! This motivates me to pull out my older stamps (some of which have NEVER even been used) and ink them up. It's really satisfying!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 07:51 AM   #80  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I love every single one of those craft companies. I too prefer more natural and realistic images to cutesy although I find myself buying a few. It helps to do some techniques that need a symmetrical image which almost never happens with a more natural style. Like those cards with an image that spin on a thread.
Reply With Quote Likes