Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-19-2010, 01:49 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what's your next project topic?

I realize most of you are done or nearly done with easter projects, so what is your next card theme? I know a few may have some limited amounted of graduation theme, but I don't this year.....

What do you think of next?

Holley
a new project everyday! http://holleybarnhartsblog.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Presently working on Mothers Day, Fathers Day and some Graduation cards...I need a lot of each...Oh and Christmas ones too..lol
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 01:53 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My next project will be my daughter's trip to Egypt...she is on the Nile today cruising. It is her last course for her ExMBA. I hope she took a pic of the Visa giftcard the airline sent her due to losing her bags for 4 full days.

I just finished her wedding album--the date is Sept. 5, 2010, in Vegas. No, there will not be an Elvis present. Thanks for asking! LOL - that was my first question to her when she told me the place!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 02:03 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

I am busy busy with First Holy Communion invitations and favors.....four custumers and almost 200 invitations total! Handmade cards with a computer generated insert. Maybe I'll get to post them to the gallery next week, but DD is in the HS spring musical and I'm involved in that as well!!!!

Just found out today that the Religious Ed teacher at my parish mis-quoted the time of the mass by 1/2 hour!!!! I have to correct 50 invitations for one custmer. OUCH!!!!! Luckily I dd not yet print out the invites for my 2 other customers at my parish. Just making a teeny patch for the time, as the invites need to go out ASAP! Not happy about sending out less than perfect invites but it's not my fault at least.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 02:25 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Girlie cards!! I always struggle with boy cards, and today I found three suitably masculine cards I can use for my nephew. So I get to reward myself by making three girlie cards in a row!! (for my niece). I mean, they're siblings, so if I send a card to one, I must send a card to the other, ya know?

Also, after the girlie cards, I'll work on Halloween cards. That's my favourite card holiday! Last year I didn't get a chance to send hardly any, because it was March (like now) and then merely an instant later, it was Halloween!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 03:01 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Mother's day!! oh yeah! that's one I have to get done immediately. LOL, since surgery you would think my head isn't screwed on. Just kidding!! I shouldn't make such jokes as that. I am very well aware that the brain surgeon did a very good job. Come 6-9 months they tell me I will be (mentally) almost to normal. (lol, I don't know how a life changing event can really bring you back to normal.)

OK, I am gonna write this down, 1st, mother's day, then summer, then......what else do y'all think?

Cheers, Holley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 03:09 PM   #7  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am still up to my eyeballs in Easter projects. My sister and I make 90 cards for the residents of the assisted living facility where my mom lives. And I'm making 14 matchbook treat holders for my co-workers. So I haven't thought beyond that yet!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 03:13 PM   #8  
Kookie Creator

Wow Lois, that is so sweet! I must confess that I just had to give up on easter as I was too far behind this year. I was in the hospital in Feb and so I have given up on Valentines, St Patty's day and now Easter....I only made a small handful of easter cards that I will be sending to a few (mostly kids) people.

But, as I promised in my previous posting, I am gonna do mother's day. I would usually do 30-40 cards for every holiday no matter what. I am surprized at how slowly it's taking me to get back in. I know it's only been a month, I guess I just thought I would come right home and get started. (OK, that's a lie, I thought I would wake up in the hospital, sit up in the bed and get started, lol!!) HA. How wrong was I!!!

I hope the people just love the cards you made for them. I am sure for many of them they will be really pleased.

Cheers, Holley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 03:15 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolleyTXView Post
Mother's day!! oh yeah! that's one I have to get done immediately. LOL, since surgery you would think my head isn't screwed on. Just kidding!! I shouldn't make such jokes as that. I am very well aware that the brain surgeon did a very good job. Come 6-9 months they tell me I will be (mentally) almost to normal. (lol, I don't know how a life changing event can really bring you back to normal.)

OK, I am gonna write this down, 1st, mother's day, then summer, then......what else do y'all think?

Cheers, Holley

Yikes!! I skimmed your blog really quickly looking for news on this... you had two brain surgeries?!! I hope you are having a safe recovery!!

I love your Hanglar & Stanglar and Magnolia cards!!!

Well...after mother's day and summer would be Father's Day and 4th of July...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 03:36 PM   #10  
Compulsive Stamper

I have to make invitations to my 50th birthday party. I've been putting it off because I don't have a clue what to do. They've got to go out in about a month too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 03:55 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

i am working on wedding invitations for my niece... 175 of them! due early april!

oh yea... i am also working on a 'scrapbook for hire'! i'm doing a scrapbook for a class mate of my daughter who is a senior this year. 13 of 30 pages are done, due some time in may.

i used to be able to devote SO much time to stamping... before i took on a full time job in the fall of last year. that was then, this is now. SIGH...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 04:06 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Still working on Easter, then three birthdays, then one mother's day as the other one was in March, then a 1st communion for our God-daughter, then a special anniversary card for my hubs... oh I guess I better get started on all that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 04:41 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am working on birthday, thank you and sympathy cards for the Ronald McDonald houses in Wisconsin. They are in desparate need of cards.
If anyone wants to join a swap here it is

Youth Birthday Card Swap +1 goes to Ronald McDonald Houses!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

yes Easter has to be me my next focus, definately. I'm part way there (my Batik tech. in my siggy show's you a start), but yet to work out quite what to do with them still. Then birthday card list to work with and, all the challenges that are out there for us, if we can find the time
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

I am focused on SPRING cards!!!!!!!!!! After a looooong winter, it's so great to use bright colors!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by calculatorladyView Post
I have to make invitations to my 50th birthday party. I've been putting it off because I don't have a clue what to do. They've got to go out in about a month too!

WOW....an early HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! I'm thinking....."Dare to be FABULOUS"!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #17  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mamaView Post
i am working on wedding invitations for my niece... 175 of them! due early april!

oh yea... i am also working on a 'scrapbook for hire'! i'm doing a scrapbook for a class mate of my daughter who is a senior this year. 13 of 30 pages are done, due some time in may.

i used to be able to devote SO much time to stamping... before i took on a full time job in the fall of last year. that was then, this is now. SIGH...
OOoooooh.....I hope you post the wedding invitations! It is hard, trying to make cards with another JOB!....do them assembly line style....one step at a time! (house will get clean LATER....at least that's what I'm telling myself!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 06:40 PM   #18  
Kookie Creator

[QUOTE=momis mama;16352118]i am working on wedding invitations for my niece... 175 of them! due early april!

QUOTE]

Wow! now that is devotion. I got three other friends together back when I got married and the four of use made my announcements in 1 afternoon. Prior I had precut and gotten a lot of the parts ready so all we would have to do as a group is some major assembly. We did maybe 100 or so. You are so devoted!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 06:44 PM   #19  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaineView Post
Yikes!! I skimmed your blog really quickly looking for news on this... you had two brain surgeries?!! I hope you are having a safe recovery!!

I love your Hanglar & Stanglar and Magnolia cards!!!

Well...after mother's day and summer would be Father's Day and 4th of July...

I am doing better every day!! The first two weeks were pretty hard but every day now gets easier and easier. I still get tired quickly but it's only been a month. Give me another month and I will be almost back to normal!

Thanks for checking out the blog!! I find stamping has really helped me heal faster. It gives me something that I love (thank the Lord a whole lot that there was no problem as I did worry that I would come home and have issues with things I "used" to like). NOPE. I still LOVE stamping. WooHOO!!

Cheers,Holley
a new project posted everyday! http://holleybarnhartsblog.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 07:36 PM   #20  
Insane Embellisher

Bridle (not misspelled - it's a horse themed bridal shower) Shower invites, lots of weddings to attend this spring & summer, so lots of those, too.

I also want to make some sets to give to friends as gifts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #21  
Gallery Gazer

Wait, we're supposed to have our Easter stuff done already? I just started mine today! I've made two, which means about three or four left. I can't wait to post the one I did tonight--I copied the idea from an e-card and it makes me giggle just looking at it.

I have to make 3 mother's day cards for me to use, then 4 more for some gals at work--I don't think I'll be doing those intricate flower pots again this year! But before then is my hubby's birthday and he just told me that he expects his card to be even better than last year's, so no pressure there! ;)

Only 10 more weeks until it's summer and I get to stamp during the week! Woohoo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 07:57 PM   #22  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolleyTXView Post
I am doing better every day!! The first two weeks were pretty hard but every day now gets easier and easier. I still get tired quickly but it's only been a month. Give me another month and I will be almost back to normal!

Thanks for checking out the blog!! I find stamping has really helped me heal faster. It gives me something that I love (thank the Lord a whole lot that there was no problem as I did worry that I would come home and have issues with things I "used" to like). NOPE. I still LOVE stamping. WooHOO!!

Cheers,Holley
a new project posted everyday! http://holleybarnhartsblog.blogspot.com/
Wow! Glad to hear that you're back to stamping (and that you still love it!). Sending some healing thoughts your way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 10:15 PM   #23  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgchicView Post
Wow! Glad to hear that you're back to stamping (and that you still love it!). Sending some healing thoughts your way!
Thanks so much Meg!! I appreciate all the wonderful support. I have been amazed at how quickly things have been getting back to normal now. I know it may be a while before I get back to things like engineering (they expect me to work a whole lot faster) so for now I get to stamp all the time. Somehow this seems like a prize or something. I would much rather be doing this!!

CHeers, Holley
a new project everyday!! http://holleybarnhartsblog.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 08:43 AM   #24  
Insane Embellisher

My next project is to continue to work on my blog, and then in the summer I am going to try to dive into my scrapbooking and whip through several years of back log! :p Sounds like fun, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #25  
Rubber Obsessor

Mother's day flower pot cards and Father's day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #26  
Glitter Guru

I am scrapbooking my neice's wedding album for their 5 year anniversary in Sept. and am going to give it to them as a present.

Then I am going to make 2 page layouts, trying to use up some of the gazillions of pieces of cardstock and DSP I have!

Then I am also going to make inserts for my Simply Adorned necklace that I got the other day. I need a bunch so I can change out inserts to match outfits! =)
Reply With Quote Likes